Sally Beauty

Sally Beauty Employer Reviews

too much micro management!!!
CSR (Current Employee), Trussville, ALFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good discount for employees
Cons: .employees with children seem to work all night shift hours and every weekend.
the store manager @ the Trussville location is very very unpleasant. I do not see how she has managed to stay with the company that long.? the store has very poor scheduling, too many things needing to be done that aren't getting completed in a timely manner because of her micro management! also there has been more than one occasion where all of us – more... employees were@ risk of an illness that she was aware of and still made the employee come in with it.

I think sallys gives too much reward to the store managers, and not enough incentive to its employees. who on average make the company over 150,000 annually... should atleast get a 1 to 2% bonus of there sales monthly – less
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: pay
Administrative assistant in shipping department. Helped with equipment orders for salons and stores.
Great management experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bellmead TXJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: my employees
Cons: pay and distance from my home
The best part of my job would have to have been my employees. I treated them the way that I wanted to be treated. I enjoyed the customer interaction the most from this career.
THIEVES AND DRAMA
Cashier (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2013
Pros: the morning shift
Cons: too much drama!
Come in to people not working ive learn to keep up with what you do involving the companies money management was a mess co workers were dramatic the hardest part was working alone.The most enjoyable was closing time.
Rather not say
Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 4, 2013
Cons: low pay, work overload, no time for personal life, on call all the time
Rather not say. I prefer to keep it private for the sake of the company.
Sales
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2013
Upbeat. Opportunities to grow with company. Co workers well helping and easy to get along with. Small environment. Spent most of my time as a cashier and stock.
fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Salem, ORSeptember 23, 2013
great place to work. meet alot of new and interesting people
customer service/ sales
Customer Service Sales (Former Employee), fresno, caAugust 31, 2013
sales and customer service, you can use what you learn to advance to a different company or career.
Easy job, but bad pay with small raises
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401k, employee discount is 20% off
Cons: a lot of work for little pay
Great working environment! Head managers are terrible! Work is the same each weeks (certain days, certain tasks), Your evaluation determines your raise which ranges from 9-50 cents as an associate per year! The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find what they need and explaining how to master certain tasks such as coloring their hair – more... or doing their own manicure. The hardest part of the job is doing everything you possibly can to get your job done and doing what you are supposed to do, but never getting acknowledged or appreciated for it! Also, they basically want you to beg on your hands and knees for a promotion. – less
Professional and fun atmosphere that should pay more....
CosmoProf Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 31, 2013
Pros: employee samples, incentives
Cons: available hours, minimum wages, unavailable/insufficient products
Overall, CosmoProf is a great place to work. I absolutely love my job; learning new things and interacting with the customers. The incentive program is another added bonus to working for Sally Beauty Co. I simply wish they would raise the pay rate for the employees, especially non-management positions.
dont get stuck working here
District Manager (Current Employee), texasJune 23, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: pay, benefits and advancement opportunities
The company would be an awsome place to work for if and only if they would listen to there employees in regards to products, issues and other related items. There is no advancement opportunities with this company. If you do your job, and do it well, they will dump other poor stores on you and overlook you for any advancement opportunities.
Good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXJune 21, 2013
The Manager was very nice, enjoyed working there, just didn't like that there was no advance placements available.
Productive Work place
Store Manager (Current Employee), Hinesville, GAMay 16, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Cons: breaks health insurance stability
It will start by greeting customers
offer sales flyers
to suggestive selling
to we made our quota today and more

My employees all get a long
everyone reports to work on time as well as me

The hardest part about the job is when you try to please every customer especially when we don't sell a product that they want to purchase

The most enjoyable parts – more... the bonus...I know that I did what a manager is suppose to do – less
Almost ruined me of working retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monticello, ARMay 4, 2013
My typical day at Sally Beauty included dealing with theft on a nearly daily basis and either an absent manager or co-workers that I'd have to cover for. Our machines were out dated and we had to type everything in by hand rather than using a scanner. All I learned, I learned from customers who knew more about the products than the people selling them.
Can be an amazing place to work, under the right MANAGEMENT
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thomaston GAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: simple training, decent pay, ok benefits, flexible scedule, pleasant environment, fun atmosphere, good products
Cons: poor management
I worked at a Sally's for about 4 months. I really liked the job, however, the manager was new and young. Instead of coming to employees when she had a problem all she would do was gossip to her employees about other employees, and it got to be really frustrating. I wanted to confront her so badly but my husband and other close family advised me not – more... to do that. And to just do my job the best I can and come home. Unfortunately I didn't leave the job in the right way, i just quit because my husband started a new job, and we had a hard time finding a reliable sitter, so i had to be with my kids. But a few days before i decided to quit i had a last minute issue with my sitter, and wasn't able to come in and work my shift, which was only 4 hours that day..my manager "acted" understanding. Only i found out the very next day from a co-worker that she bad mouthed me the whole time saying "I could have gotten someone to watch my kids" and "my job should be my first priority"..anyhow after that day I had to call out because my CHILD had the flu..Keep in mind I NEVER called out before all of this. My manager seemed ok with it. Well i ended up catching the flu too so i was sick as well. And i never went back. It was just too much for me. I did however apologize to the manager for having to leave so abruptly...she again seemed understanding..then I found out from another co-worker that after I told her I wasn't going to be able to work anymore, she told the other co-workers that "she had already decided to hire someone else and cut my hours".... Anyhow I wish i would have left a 2 weeks notice instead but there're really isn't anything i can do about that. I would just like to say there should be a better way to complain about management because i had a horrible experience. The manager is very immature. As a manager you should always talk to an employee face to face not behind their back to other workers because that will start serious conflict and trouble. . . ALSO when i was hired on, the manager who hired me left, leaving the new manager behind...who in my opinion is no where near qualified to manage a store. I heard so many good things about the previous manager, and had she still been the manager I'm sure my experience would have been 5 stars. So it's not SALLY BEAUTY that made this review negative, it was the particular management experience at the location that I worked. – less
The people make the workplace.
Order Filler/ Shipping Clerk/ Admin. Assist. (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 28, 2012
Sally's was the best place to work. Good benefits. Lot's of opportunities for advancement.
Great company
Store manager (Former Employee), Delray,FLDecember 6, 2012
Sally Beauty is a great company to work, just make sure you stay on the managements good side and make friend in high place it'll help in the end....
Good Benefits and Nice customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Matteson, ILNovember 3, 2012
Pros: benefits, hours, customers, and experience
Cons: management
I liked it but Manager had a horrible attitude and tried to hard to have authority and be perfect. Coworkers were nice some lazy then you have hardworking coworkers too. The most enjoyable part was the customers and learning about the many products.
Professional atmosphere, friendly staff
Key Holder (Current Employee), Calumet City, ILJuly 18, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no full time availabilty
A great place to work
have gained the ability to achieve customer satisfaction
values
District Manager (Former Employee), Boise Idaho/WAJuly 10, 2012
Pros: values
Cons: pay
amazing values and respect for the staff no matter your career level fairness was all around. Lacked in compensation but had a few benefits that catered better for others that wouldn't mind lack of dollars earned.

About Sally Beauty

Sally Beauty Holdings (SBH) has untangled itself from former parent Alberto-Culver. Formerly Sally Beauty Co., the firm is one – Read more