Sally Beauty Employee Reviews

Found 1,836 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 24, 2017
When I was employed this was a great company to work for. Since leaving a few years ago, I have heard that things have changed. You must work a minimum of 47 1/2 hours a week. Bonuses are awesome if you can achieve the sales goals. Trips are also awarded if you can meet the criteria set forth at the beginning of the fiscal year. The discounts on products and free monthly products are awesome. Expect to receive 3-5 free products a month or more.
Pros
salary and bonuses if you are management
Cons
you are working for the management to receive their bonuses and annual trips
Remain postive, be kind.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 23, 2017
A very fast passed place, and days that can be slow. Don't take things personal and stay positive. Management can be worked on more. People can be very rude sometimes but always keep an smile and remain calm and do your job. Always do great customer service. When working for a beauty place its not as bad because you also meet people who appreciate on what you do. Helping them with information that they didn't know at all. Making them feel important. That's what we do as beauty adviser.
Pros
Extra hrs pop up, get to have lunch breaks
Cons
Benefits only apply for full timers
goood place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSSeptember 23, 2017
enjoyed working there getting to meet new people and working with all the beauty products. The insurance was good until obama-care messed everything up. Hardest part was when people called in and you had to work all day.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
healthcare
Productie and a really fun place too work at, i loved it
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Sallys so far has been the best store I have worked at out of the others. A typical day would always consist of you doing something , at times it would run slow with no traffic but, since the store is so little than it would get crowded fast. I met a lot of interesting and fun customers and I can say I ade a lot of new friends working at sallys. It is hands down the best store too work at if you love anything having too do with hair, nails, makeup, and skin.
Pros
an hour too 30 min lunch breaks, Free items every month, Points for gift cards, great Manager and team members, discounts
Cons
Some rude customers, long time standing, schedule is not set
productive and fun work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSSeptember 21, 2017
I loved working there until they changed owners 3 times and they started treating you like a number and not a person. When I started there it was like a big family that cared about your well being but it quickly turned all corporate and was like they didn't care about praising you on a good job. or want to give you raises. They didn't want you being friends with employees but how are you going to work side by side with someone for years and not become friends.
Pros
incentive trips
Cons
healthcare to expensive
A good start into the beauty industry
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COSeptember 20, 2017
I loved my job at Sally. I think i rocked it everyday. I learned all of my products so well so quick and it paid off to know what i was talking about. My sales were huge and i did as good as my manager 2 months into my job. Unfortunately my manager made my job hard for me and corporate wouldn't investigate into the false hours and work i was doing for her. It was super hard for me and my co-workers to leave sally but the company did not treat us well. Now on another note i made wonderful life long friends through Sally. I like there products and enjoyed learning and achieving from them. I set goals and met them i just wish i would have been treated better as an employee.
Pros
Discounts and free products
Fun begginer job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 20, 2017
I loved this job! This was one of my first jobs in the industry that I am in. One of my friends was the manager of Sally's and she is the one who helped me get the job. I learned how to inventory all of the products as well as I learned product knowledge.
Fun, lots of stocking & displays I really love the job
Beauty supply retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Very fun job perfect for me with a cosmetology background it's great place to work the former district manager wasn't the friendliest of people. My co-workers were amazing and a blast have very much experience also in the cosmetology business I think it's very important to love wherel you work .It's even better when you enjoy the company of your co-workers. We had a great team
Pros
Discounts
Cons
More night shifts than I prefer to work
Decent workplace
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 20, 2017
My manager was a bit overbearing but i loved my coworkers as well as my regular customers. The tasks were not hard but there is little to no advancement in the company.
Fun place to work if you have the right team
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
If your looking for a part time job then this is for you. The pay is horrible for a store manager. The employees start out with 8 a hour. So much paperwork and emails expected to be done when short staffed. Resets, tags, ringing , closing yourself which is dangerous, shipment . You barely have a life because your time is based off sallys! Great for someone who doesn't have a social life or any children at home. You always feel like your job is on the line and you shouldn't be feeling like that when you bust your butt everyday making sure the store is open just be prepared to stay open to close most of the time. Cheapest company I have ever worked for
Pros
Employee samples, great customers, wonderful assistant manager
Cons
Barely no breaks, no support system, jobs always on the line
Fun work environment!
COPY & PRINT ASSOCIATE STAPLES (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 18, 2017
Under the right management, Sally Beauty can be an amazing place to work! If you love customer service and everything in the beauty industry! The personal employee goals and store goals are easy to reach (IOM's) and each month you get to test new products!
Pros
Easy work environment
Benefits
Great place to gain experience, low room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Managers are required to work 45 hours weekly, 9 hours daily, 5 days a week. I learned how to self-manage and train others, but the workload was nearly impossible to handle.
Pros
Great benefits, exciting team-oriented work environment
Cons
Low compensation, minimal growth opportunities, heavy workload
Horrible Management Leadership
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 18, 2017
The current leadership is very poor, disorganized and they play favoritism. They are unsupportive and lack leadership qualities. Poor advancement opportunities unless you are connected to the current leadership from previous jobs in other companies.
Beauty supply store with a lot of added tasks.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSSeptember 18, 2017
I was responsible for morning paperwork, cash handling skills, exchanges and returns, merchandising, correction counts, unpacking inventory, keeping the store stocked.
I liked working with the public
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 17, 2017
I liked working with the public and was able to use my experience as an Esthetician to help customers with products. I liked the process of opening and closing the registers.
Pros
Learning about different products.
Cons
Approaching shoplifters
It was fun because it was easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTSeptember 17, 2017
Sally was one of those jobs to get me by for the summer. It wasnt crazy busy because the people I worked with were fun. However, when we got a new manager, everything went downhill.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Low pay
A decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2017
A typical day at Sally Beauty Supply; Open the store, count the drawers, count bank deposit, help customers find what they need, answer any questions they might have, usually got a 30 minute break, cleaned the store, close the store at the end of the night, counted the drawers for closing.
Pros
Discounts, Meeting professionals in the styling industry, Good commute
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Corporate does not survey store managers very well, Deal with a lot of theft in the store, No assistant manager
Good job jus need better structure
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Working at sallys was a good place to experience one on one customer service sales. The employment circle is small, so it has its pros and cons. My con was working evenings with a preschoolers and 2nd grader at home.
Okay for beauty students, not others
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Working at sally beauty is okay for anyone who's in beauty school, if the manager is willing to work with those in school. My manager did not want to hire anyone in school. Scheduling could be adjusted on the day of work without knowing. You had to have complete open availability, you pretty much had no life. I was constantly pushed into working at another store as well and was working 6 days a week, all closing shifts. Pay is horrible, especially for those who are licensed. You do not need a cosmetology license to work here, but I think those employed at sally beauty should BE licensed. I cannot tell you how man times we've had people mad at employees because they were given wrong information by someone not licensed. There were also no security cameras where I worked. Sally beauty is a cheap a greedy company.
Pros
scheduled breaks and lunch, entry level style work
Cons
short breaks, pay, scheduling
it's fun to work there
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  texasSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day at work you do paperwork, get a daily duty sheet ready for the day. Greet customers ask what can you help them find. listen and suggest the right products. i have learn a lot about sales and management. i really like the new culture that they have now.
Pros
you help people find what they need you can make their day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sally Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.