Salmon Companies Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with
Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 2, 2017
Assist with development and implementation of policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure effective and economical support for manufacturing or servicing of products, equipment, and systems. Control the efficient flow of goods, services, and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. Analyze shipment rates using computer optimization. Assess software for accuracy and maintain all documentation to include routing, customer data, scheduling and transit requirements
Not a professional place to be if you have plans on moving up or learning.
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2017
After working years in a professional environment, this was culture shock. I don't feel they have employee moral as a result of management have the ability to come together against the drivers that actually work so that they can have a job.

They are not overly concerned with the safety of their drivers as they should be. I don't think the owner knows exactly what truly happens and if they do, all I can say is karma is dangerous.

I hope they understand the value of their drivers one day or the company will loose in the end.
Pros
Possible overtime.
Cons
No sick time or personal time. No real holidays. You don't work, you don't get paid period
Decent Company To Work For
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2016
I'm not one to make compliance about a job, I actually the company & the people, the only problem is the insurance is too expensive & you can't opt out of it to find your own insurance. I love the fact that you get to pick a run you like depending on senority, but again it just feels like your working to pay the insurance. Outside of that the company is great to me.
Pros
The Job Is Great, Decent Pay, I Have A Steady Dedicated Run, Home Every Day, Great Family Environment.
Cons
Health Care Benefits Are Way Too Expensive That Take A lot Out Of My Paycheck.
productive and excellent company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 14, 2016
Great company. They're very understanding when it comes to family and personal emergencies. Good benefits, workers are very caring, Hours were pretty steady.
Benefits
Cons
Dont really have none
bad bad bad
driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport laMarch 17, 2015
Bad horrible dont go, shoulnt even gotten the one star. Dont go look else were im warning u, everything is bad bad bad. Theyre trucks are horrible piece of junk, management is terrible, be 5min late they writing u up
Pros
nun
Cons
all
Being ex-military and used to the dicipline needed to manage huge numbers of personnel, I rate the job that my company did as "superb".
Tractor-Trailer Delivery Driver. (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
a. A typical day at work--. This simply meant showing up at work in
time to check in with Dispatch; pre-trip your assigned vehicle
and get to the postal facility on time.
b. What I learned--. I learned, among other things, "time manage-
ment" is everything. (The volume of U.S. Mail is so large that a
driver has to always understand that for the pick-up and delivery
process to work for the U.S.P.S., it's crucial for schedules to be
maintained,--but not at the expense of sacrificing safety of
course).
c. Management--. Excellent.
d. Co-Workers--. Excellent.
e. Hardest part of the job--.Dealing with attitudes of some Postal
Facilities managers when I'd be late due to weather or traffic.
f. Most enjoyable part of the job--. Being employed in the Trans-
portation Industry as a professional driver delivering the U.S.
mail that millions depended on.
Pros
It was a very good paying job.
Cons
Healthcare benefits were minimal; also, no sick leave provisions.
A nice office job
Terminal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day is calm and not too much paperwork. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The management team is friendly and easy going. We have fun while during work.This job is not hard at all. I have learned a lot about trucks, logistics, and the business environment.
horrible place to work
class c mechanic whatever that means (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioSeptember 7, 2014
The worst place I have ever worked. Management is a complete mess. Area manager eric dilly never around and doesn't manage the people under him terminal manager is completely unsure of how to do her job and maintenance manager is a spineless coward and liar. He jumps when they tell him to and has no control over the peo
ple under him . Do not apply in Cincinnati. Huge mistake if you do. Drivers are cry babies they sit in a truck for 25 an hour and act like its hard
work. The big shots from little rock need to show up announced sometime and see for themselves. Shut this terminal down save some money you would be surprised how much of your money is being wasted
Pros
do whatever you want show up when you want
Cons
no overtime pay no appreciation and drivers are the only important people in company
No go its gotten bad...REAL BAD!
FULL TIME CURRENT DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJune 12, 2014
Unless you are just at rock bottom and have no where else to turn go somewhere else. This company used to be good to work for but now it just keeps getting worse and the Salmons just don't seem to care the management don't care about employees and have had several deaths due to unsafe/unhealthy conditions.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
Mold in Terminals, Run down unsafe trucks, Poor management, drivers pay everyones ins
no good
driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro nvMay 16, 2014
6 yrs and then tells u with 3 days notice sorry we lost the contracts...very high insurance very old run down trucks...to of a risk.management doesn.t have ur back
Pros
good pay
Cons
to many

Want to know more about Salmon Companies?

Ask a question
Would not recommended my worst enemy
CDL VEHICLE DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2014
Very prejudice management. .lie about everything..they think drivers are ignorant/unintelligent. .rip you off on pay day..if you dont mind driving junk trucks or being disrepected by management they would love to have you. WARNING:they promise you the world in orientation but when you start work it wont take long to figure out they are full of it....my advise-just keep it moving..these people crawled out of a land field.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
wrong people in management
Horrible Company to Work For!!!
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 16, 2014
Although the company pay is comfortable, the committment to employees is horrible. Drivers at various sites work long hours and are not always paid for them (stranded Atlanta drivers). Reimbursement to employees for various purchases (such as fuel) takes forever. There is no allegiance to seniority when determining routes! Most trucks are old with over 1,000,000 miles. No solid leadership! Incompetent leders. Horrible employee/employer relations.Lack of committment to resolve problems.
Good paying company, not family oriented.
Driver/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2013
Typical day at work consist of loading and unloading, safety inspection of equipment, and driving over 500 miles a day. What I learned from this company was how to coordinate my schedule in order to deliver my load on time , based on the Post Office standards. Also, being with this company taught me how to except changes in order for the company to expand and maintain a good safety environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits, home time.
Good work Place
Driver- Casual (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,gaAugust 30, 2013
Good work Place if you can get a soild run lane, I was part time and made pretty good, until work got slow. Thats why I say its ok until work gets slow, then your fighting to run. So if you dont mind teaming its an ok job, and you can make pretty good money....
Pros
being home weekly at least two days in a row before u have to return to work.
Cons
no health care unless your full time, you might have to team drive to have sucess there
Not bad if single.
Current driver (Current Employee) –  MemphisAugust 8, 2013
If your single you can work your tail off. The pay could be little better. The ins is ungodly high and it sucks on top of it. Theres no communication in office or management. Highly unorganized, theres people in office who arent qualified for jobs they have. Theyll lie to to you and stab in the back. They change policies in a no notice than not say anything to any of the drivers. Lots of drama. Not all trucks have correct permits or try to help you get them. The shop doesnt hardly fix anything, any yet the office complains loads arent on time.
Pros
Some of people and pay is decent.
Cons
High cost ins and ins sucks. Management highly unorganized.
Management problems
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis TnJuly 9, 2013
This company pays well but will use you only for seasonal. Management problems can't seem to get alone with employees.
Pros
Pay well for breakdown pay.
Cons
Healthcare to high.
Great Environment
Assistant Terminal Manager/Operations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2013
Family owned, but corporately structured. Executive management very involved.
Mail Contractor
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2013
Salmon Companies is a US Mail Contractor. The Cincinnati office is a small office with just a few accounts. There is 3 people including mysself in the office and 2 of them are upper management so the growth potential is not what i was told it would be.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salmon Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6