SALON CENTRIC

SALON CENTRIC Employer Reviews

Salon centric
sales associate (Current Employee), charlotte NcJuly 14, 2014
working at salon centric is great! the experience is awsome!
Pros: Likable job given just the task at hand, good companyw/good benefits. Cons: Claustrophobia and crowds, work often tedious/out of bounds
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits, major company, good and stable business; job, given just the task at hand, was pretty likable and fit
Cons: unconcerned management to employees' needs and well being, claustrophobic and often crowded work areas and conditions, work often tedious and not concentrated enough on task at hand, unexpected and inconvenient work scheduling
Hardest part: Very claustrophobic atmosphere; always working in small, confined spaces where there was no place to organize items. Not enough room in which to work or spread out which did not help in trying to stay organized and keep everything together in one place or spot. Often had to carry around box or borrow one of their supply carts in order – more... to help with that. Not that it could be prevented, but I was always working in other people's way and had to dodge and/or move around them causing constant interruptions in both my work and theirs. Sometimes had to work with what was way too many people assigned for doing that one particular job or task. Stock bins were sometimes overloaded, messy, and placed awkwardly and narrowly making it difficult to get to, see, and count. Also made for extra time in trying to pull out, sort, and arrange stock for easier counting (which I spent much more time doing as opposed to actually counting).

Typical day at work: Track inventory cut times and verify if any new inventory had been placed; counting high dollar inventory locations; counting order pick and back stock locations. Putting away items that were either astray from location, weren't assigned a location, or were returned by customer.

Management: Not enough time or opportunity to communicate with management; sometimes difficult to discuss work difficulties and rationalize with. Management would make decisions in work schedule changes usually without notifying employees well ahead of time - i.e., if we were going to have to work weekends - usually didn't know until Friday evening. (Give credit where it's due, though- they usually didn't know ahead of time either and were given last minute notices themselves from higher management). Supervisors were usually not available to ask questions about something I didn't know or understand about a particular job or task and were often difficult to locate and find at times when they were needed most.

Co-workers: Lots, but certainly not all, of my co-workers seemed to display a prejudiced, racial, and/or hatred attitude.

Most enjoyable part of the job: being able to exercise my ability to
mentally do mathematical calculations and instigate new ones
and apply them to taking inventory, which made for counting items much faster and easier.

What I learned: New techniques developed on my own for calculating numbers and applying them to counting inventory.
Also try to improve on staying focused on my work, paying
attention to detail, and not getting too distracted. – less
picking and packaging in tours.
picking (Current Employee), Lavista, NEJune 18, 2014
Pros: free awards, traing and gifts
Cons: long breaks
Standing when objects handling
Aiming high skills (based on material products)
Upbeat workplace with exciting new challenges
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), El CajonJune 4, 2014
Pros: benefits and discounts
Cons: open on weekends.
Working for Salon Centric is exciting and rewarding. In addition to the awesome benefits you get by being an employee, the overall atmosphere and customer appreciation is absolutely incredible. There are new products and promotions every month which keeps our customers happy, our minds growing and our hands busy. With the constant change up of displays – more... and products, there is always something to keep you busy. Our staff is nothing but the best! Respectful, friendly and always willing to help. The hardest part is staying up on all the new info and promotions, but with such a great support team and heaps of literature it makes overcoming this easy. The most enjoyable part of every day is seeing your customers find exactly what they need and know that you are the one that made it happen! – less
hard work until they laid us all off
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Largo, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: at times over worked
long hours but a good crew, team work was needed to complete the amount of work that was going out of the facilaty at any one time.
at times we were working 12 hours a day from monday to saturday
No place for advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bonita Springs, FLApril 12, 2014
The customers are wonderful but the company doesn't know how to treat their employees.
nice company but management was not good
Front desk Educator and Sales rep (Former Employee), Redlands, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: discount products
Cons: management
sales clerk
customer service was very good
educator
cash handling
mechandiser
unprofessional management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hickory, NCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: a girly girls dream job
Cons: very poor pay and management
The job is very fun if your interested in hair products, skin care and make up, lots of hands on and you get to test the products often and get a very good associate discount, however the management shows very poor ethics. You however work every weekend and its very hard to find someone throughout the district to cover a shift. Not to mention the pay – more... is awful for the amount of time you work and the responsibility the job requires. The managers are not often willing to help out when it comes to weekends off, not a good job for people with families, unless you are in management. The sales associate puts in just as much if not more time and has the same amount of responsibilities as the manager and gets very little to no rewarding, managers are constantly going on trips and meetings leaving the sales associate to open and close the store, no one to go to the bank, its very poorly ran and lots of drama takes place between the the managers and district manager. If your in management it would be the ideal job for any woman with these interest. – less
professional workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 27, 2014
stocking shelves, taking delivery orders for products to be sent to each salon throughout colorado springs. i deal with a lot of customers on a daily basis and receive a lot of compliments on how great customer service i give. i also still get to work in the hair industry. i am tested on a day to day basis giving advice on color, and products that will – more... work for each client. – less
Horrible
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Manchester, PAJanuary 1, 2014
The only thing good about this company is the stuff they hand out to their workers. They lie to their workers about pay raises.
Know your products and be prepared
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Port Charlotte FLDecember 26, 2013
I loved working in the hair industry the place was great but you should know how hair works and whats behind the products.
fast haed fun places
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), McCalla, ALNovember 22, 2013
is working hard use computer fast paces was ok and co work was nice was not a hard part come to work and enjoying with i do.
Educational
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 17, 2013
Pros: offered information on products
Cons: sometimes worked over night to arrange new inventory
Most of the day consisted of restocking products and answering customer questions. Promoting sales and products.
International Company Beauty Business Products
DSC - Sales Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham AlabamaNovember 7, 2013
Overall company is up with competition, but there are flaws when it comes to delivery of products advertised and promotions. Monthly magazine advertised sales and products that were RARELY ever in stock making it very difficult to produce revenues.
Long work days productive though lots of hrs
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), McCalla AlOctober 27, 2013
Pros: lots of hrs
Cons: lots of hrs
Long hours but easy going work days. Co- workers easy to get along with and very respectful. Mechanical aspect of the job was difficult but also my favorite part.
Wonderful workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Hope, MNOctober 25, 2013
Pros: awesome co-workers
The co-workers I worked with were awesome people at the location I was at. A typical day was slow and would get busy. I learned a lot from this job, everyone helped each other and they always updated you with the newest goals and plans for the day or even the month. All of the customer's that comes in were faces you will see every weekend or even everyday.
Fun enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLOctober 14, 2013
Pros: free products
Cons: monthly goals
Greeting clients as they entered the store and helping them with the product knowledge.
A Day at Salon Centric
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Monroe, LASeptember 21, 2013
Working at Salon Centric is a little different from working at any other company. This store doesn't deal with the general public, only licensed cosmetologist and manicurist. You get a lot of repeats and familiar faces. I learned almost everything anyone could learn about hair and nail products, whether the information came from word of mouth and experience – more... or from reading the labels and watching how-to videos.
Management is a little troublesome since we don't have a manager. We haven't had one for a whole year now. There is only two of us working there, so we get along very well and always get the work done. We can get a little overworked a little since we can't do what the manager's part, but we get things done.

The hardest part of my job would have to be not having a manager to get everything done correctly. Customers would have problems from time to time and we had no one who could have our backs when we were right. It takes too long to call another store to help us.

The best part was being able to help. I love to help people and this job was all about helping people, whether it's getting color or helping solve a horrible hair accident. I learn new things everyday which makes me excited. – less
not a bad place to work
inventory control / helper on all jobs (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHSeptember 10, 2013
Really loved my job. To bad the company had to close. Was there along tims, learnt alot about procegers and how to advance to a job in the company.I am a strong worker not afraid to try anything new.
Fun workplace, great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Redding, CAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: product knowledge, the customers, always busy
Cons: hours
I love everything about this place! All coworkers are amazing.