SALON CENTRIC

SALON CENTRIC Employer Reviews

provide customer service
Stocker/Picker (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIJanuary 23, 2015
interact with customers on a daily basis, fix and return products to correct destination. Over all a great customer service experience.
Fast paced and fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta GA.December 30, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: lifting lots of heavy totes
Selling Products, HairColor, Equipment, Makeup,Pro. Skin care Line and Helping Customers! Learned something new everyday! My manager was a great team player. Li
would not recommend charlottesville store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: after conviencing my boss that being 8 months pregnant i couldnt stand on my feet all day, i was finally aloud to sit at the front computer in a chair.
Charlottesville store was very hard to find parking and very complicated to get to the store. I believe that higher management should of taken the difficulty of parking and location and moved the store to make the business better. I did not like working at Salon Centric due to my manager. It was no a pleasant experience for me.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroe, LAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: traveling, friendly people
I met a lot of interesting and friendly people in the beauty industry. It was easy going with the people I worked with and they always would help me if I ran into trouble. I had two different managers when I started working there and I became close with both of them.
Great customers and loved working with most of the staff
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: management
I loved interacting with the customers and getting to know their exact needs. It was a busy but chaotic environment. It seemed the management was lacking in consistency, which was frustrating.
good place to work.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Largo, FLSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good location
Cons: no cafeteria.
fast paced environment, multi tasking and it all comes together at the end of the day. Loved interacting with customers. Built a good relationship with customers and maitained collections,
Productive & Hard working
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: hard worker looking for advancement
Cons: i am currently looking for part time
I enjoy helping people, interacting with people, and also meeting new people.
Fun place to work and learn about Salon products
Sales and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MISeptember 16, 2014
Pros: purchase discount on products
Cons: no benefits offered for part time employees
I enjoy working in this environment learning about products and working with area stylists.
good discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee), washingtonAugust 14, 2014
does not give you hours.
management is nice.
very corporate
Exciting and energetic. Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAAugust 10, 2014
I learned that everyone enjoys coloring their hair. The management team is very supportive and very well rounded.
Fun job selling beauty supplies, but hard company to work for
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Swansea, MAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: generous employee discounts, good compensation
Cons: very stressful, hard to advance, too many unnecessary tasks and requests each day
I worked for this company before it was bought out by L'Oreal, and I loved it then (company was formerly C.B. Sullivan). When L'Oreal took over, the job became stressful and not enjoyable. The expectations they had of each employee were unreasonable. There was never enough hours in our work day to complete all tasks that were expected, and we were not allowed to stay past our scheduled times, even if it was to finish what needed to be done. There were so many useless reports and outrageous demands to be performed each day, that it took away a huge chunk of time that we could have been spending with our much loved customers. They felt the difference as well, and were extremely unhappy with the changes that were made by L'Oreal. It was sad to see a company you loved so much, taken over and destroyed by a ruthless corporation.
Not bad for retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 28, 2014
Not a bad place at all to work. the pay is not great. Considering its retail the hours were great.
The job was easy
Picker (Former Employee), York, PAJuly 26, 2014
everyday work there was easy management made the job harder because of the setup of warehouse
not ideal
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Attleboro, MAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good pay!
Cons: horrible treatment, management is shady
I've never hated my job like I did when I worked for this company! Unfair scheduling, favoritism towards certain employees and false statements daily said and played out by management.
Salon centric
sales associate (Current Employee), charlotte NcJuly 14, 2014
working at salon centric is great! the experience is awsome!
Pros: Likable job given just the task at hand, good companyw/good benefits. Cons: Claustrophobia and crowds, work often tedious/out of bounds
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits, major company, good and stable business; job, given just the task at hand, was pretty likable and fit
Cons: unconcerned management to employees' needs and well being, claustrophobic and often crowded work areas and conditions, work often tedious and not concentrated enough on task at hand, unexpected and inconvenient work scheduling
Hardest part: Very claustrophobic atmosphere; always working in small, confined spaces where there was no place to organize items. Not enough room in which to work or spread out which did not help in trying to stay organized and keep everything together in one place or spot. Often had to carry around box or borrow one of their supply carts in order to help with that. Not that it could be prevented, but I was always working in other people's way and had to dodge and/or move around them causing constant interruptions in both my work and theirs. Sometimes had to work with what was way too many people assigned for doing that one particular job or task. Stock bins were sometimes overloaded, messy, and placed awkwardly and narrowly making it difficult to get to, see, and count. Also made for extra time in trying to pull out, sort, and arrange stock for easier counting (which I spent much more time doing as opposed to actually counting).

Typical day at work: Track inventory cut times and verify if any new inventory had been placed; counting high dollar inventory locations; counting order pick and back stock locations. Putting away items that were either astray from location, weren't assigned a location, or were returned by customer.

Management: Not enough time or opportunity to communicate with management; sometimes difficult to discuss work difficulties and rationalize with. Management would make decisions in work schedule changes usually without notifying employees well ahead of time - i.e., if we were going to have to work weekends - usually didn't know until Friday evening. (Give – more... credit where it's due, though- they usually didn't know ahead of time either and were given last minute notices themselves from higher management). Supervisors were usually not available to ask questions about something I didn't know or understand about a particular job or task and were often difficult to locate and find at times when they were needed most.

Co-workers: Lots, but certainly not all, of my co-workers seemed to display a prejudiced, racial, and/or hatred attitude.

Most enjoyable part of the job: being able to exercise my ability to
mentally do mathematical calculations and instigate new ones
and apply them to taking inventory, which made for counting items much faster and easier.

What I learned: New techniques developed on my own for calculating numbers and applying them to counting inventory.
Also try to improve on staying focused on my work, paying
attention to detail, and not getting too distracted. – less
picking and packaging in tours.
picking (Current Employee), Lavista, NEJune 18, 2014
Pros: free awards, traing and gifts
Cons: long breaks
Standing when objects handling
Aiming high skills (based on material products)
Upbeat workplace with exciting new challenges
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), El CajonJune 4, 2014
Pros: benefits and discounts
Cons: open on weekends.
Working for Salon Centric is exciting and rewarding. In addition to the awesome benefits you get by being an employee, the overall atmosphere and customer appreciation is absolutely incredible. There are new products and promotions every month which keeps our customers happy, our minds growing and our hands busy. With the constant change up of displays and products, there is always something to keep you busy. Our staff is nothing but the best! Respectful, friendly and always willing to help. The hardest part is staying up on all the new info and promotions, but with such a great support team and heaps of literature it makes overcoming this easy. The most enjoyable part of every day is seeing your customers find exactly what they need and know that you are the one that made it happen!
hard work until they laid us all off
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Largo, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: at times over worked
long hours but a good crew, team work was needed to complete the amount of work that was going out of the facilaty at any one time.
at times we were working 12 hours a day from monday to saturday
No place for advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bonita Springs, FLApril 12, 2014
The customers are wonderful but the company doesn't know how to treat their employees.

1 2 3