SalonCentric Employee Reviews

Sales-driven environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 2, 2017
The customers and store managers were great for the most part, but the upper management is overly focused on sales, sales, sales.

I learned a lot about the beauty industry at this job.

Great place overall, just a little stressful.
Don't work here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 31, 2017
On a typical day you have a road map to refer to. You pretty much do all the work while the manager does nothing but stay behind the register. The training is horrible and quite short in my honest opinion but I guess it depends who trains you. You get a good amount of shipment which keeps you busy but they care more about there sales than anything. You'll probably mainly be on the phone telemarking than doing anything else to make the store "look good". I had a better experience working out of a different location than the one I quit from.
low pay,to much work, always short handed
Cashier, sales and product guru (Current Employee) –  Utica, MIMay 25, 2017
This job is good for someone with no bills or life. This job is just amazing if you have someone else to support you also if you like to work for fun an also do 3 peoples jobs... that's always fun!!!!The best part is you get yelled at and swamped with work and no one to help or even care if you are okay. Be prepared to working by your self all the time.
Pros
you learn a bunch about the brands and you get free classes and a awesome discount.
Cons
little pay, no appreciation, over worked, Not enough co workers, To much over turn.
Productive,busy and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed my experience at Salon Centric. I was hired as a full time floater. I had a home store but I was required to float to different stores to assist when needed which was at least 3 times a week. When I traveled I was compensated VERY WELL by mileage as well as being paid for my drive time. The position was created for me but when cutbacks started my hours were cut and I couldn't live on the hours I was given. I learned how to stock a store, do displays/resets and multitask. I think the best part of the job was when a customer was satisfied with my hair care suggestions and left with more pep in their step. The hardest part of the job would have to be coworkers/management who weren't secure in themselves therefor they were hesitant to help mentor others.
Pros
3 weeks paid vacation for full time asscociates
Cons
Not enough hours were given to the store for ALL employees
Produtive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 22, 2017
If your like me a hairstylist this is the job for you! It gives you the best education on product and management is the best it a good job if your just jumping into the industry
Great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAMay 21, 2017
Ive been with this company for 5 years now. Great place to work, but I'm looking for fulltime employment. Need to further my career options so I can be fulltime.
Harrased by mangement
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Castaic, CAMay 15, 2017
Way too much work required from you. Very intense labor and work.
They have set production standards from Revlon. So everyone was complaining about the workload. And we didn't like constantly being called into the office and being told to work faster when you fell below the Revlon standards. Too much overtime. I lost 10 lbs. in 3 months. They have a very high turnover rate, which is very understandable.
One of the best jobs
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAMay 4, 2017
I absolutely loved working at SalonCentric. My manager was so wonderful and most of the customers were some of the nicest people. While i did leave in search of a job with more hours, i would definitely recommend this establishment to a friend.
Pros
High discount, flexible schedule
Cons
rude customers, lack of communication at times
Amazing Place For Beauty Junkies to Work!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 27, 2017
I absolutely loved working for SalonCentric! I didn't come from a cosmetology background, but I've always had a passion for the industry. Playing with new products, great business hours, decent amount of time off and schedule flexibility. I had some wonderful people on my staff and I'm still heartbroken that my location was shut down.
Pros
Gratis!, flexible schedule, awesome store hours, ongoing education
Cons
Not enough payroll hours were given but it was manageable
Picking and Cleaning
Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 21, 2017
The company does have a very strong safety and most of the employees were from Refugee Camp ( Nepali - Burmese and some immigrants. The company doesn't required any knowledge but most of the times had to work more than 40 hrs a week.
Work environment
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAApril 9, 2017
Good environment selling to licensed professionals. Solid work day with upbeat tempo and not much down time which is good. Like my daily management routine.
Ok
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NYApril 4, 2017
Just don't do it. Too much work underpaid unrealistic expectation on time frames not enough labor too many sales upper management says that they care but they don't same thing with HR
Not your typical crazy retail store
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 30, 2017
You learn a lot about products and its an awesome place to network and connect with customers. I enjoy not having many people in the store and catering to a professional clientele. sometimes the customers are pushy but your knowledge of products help you come out on top. excellent place to work, would recommend this as a part-time.
Pros
working alone slow pace environment
Cons
sometimes doing a lot of work alone.
fast paced deadline driven environment
Picker (Former Employee) –  Emigsville, PAMarch 28, 2017
typical day started with a morning meeting, stretching, and then beginning work. while there i learned how to pick and use an rf scanner to pick products and place product into boxes for shipment
Overall a fun enjoyable place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 28, 2017
It was a very enjoyable place to work. I wish my experience would of lasted longer. One of the major downfalls were there weren't any benefits.
Ugliness in a world of Beauty ??
Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  NorthEast RegionFebruary 15, 2017
L'Oreal a company known for beauty....................How they allow bullying and disrespect for their employees is ugly. I would not recommend the Northeast region, there is ugliness going on daily. So sad the RVP and VP of the district were so kind and caring, Kinda sad they have no clue to how badly stores are run. Retention rates say it all :)
Soon Sales will tell more.............................
Pros
Cons
too many to list
High demand High reward
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 11, 2017
I was a store manager so my job was complex but I enjoyed it. Unfortunately like all jobs right now there isn't enough hours to give to your team to accomplish all the tasks that are required. My store was a small store in a remote location so I didn't get support from upper management but was responsible for carrying out all functions of a top producing store with a minimum budget and a skeleton staff. I did it well and earned recognition in the way of extra training at our yearly conferences. I don't fault my district manager or the company, it's just the way things are right now when all you can employ is part time employees. No buy in, low commitment with little interest in carrying out the companies vision. I had a great team and a few wonderfully dedicated part-timers, that's rare.
Pros
Continued education, deep discounts
Cons
unrealistic expectations to execute company vision w/o staff
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 3, 2017
We were a small location with two employees besides the manager. The discount was amazing. Typical day was checking out licensed professionals and stocking shelves. Hardest thing was working alone most of the time and trying to keep busy in a small store. Best part was learning about new products as they came out.
Pros
discount
Cons
super small staff, little to no overlap which made for working alone often
Productive work, which I like. Keeping busy and using my hands.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Way too much work required from you. Very intense labor and work.
Pros
It was just a job.
Cons
Too much overtime. We sometimes didn't get a break.
Fun Temporary Part-Time Position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2017
Great part-time position for those seeking decent hourly pay and great hours.
Very little opportunity for advancement.
Customers are best part of the job.
Coworkers work as a team.
Management does not clarify goals or communicate effectively.
Pros
Good hours, small business feel
Cons
No breaks, unhelpful management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SalonCentric. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8