Salt Lake Community College Employee Reviews

Amazing Employer
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2017
SLCC is an awesome Employer! They are very supportive! Many programs are available for career advancement as well as personal health and wellness. They are great to work for!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 16, 2017
SLCC is a great place to work. It has its positives and negatives, but overall it is a good employer. It can be a highly political environment, but not more than any other place. The President of the college is level headed and a strong and proactive leader.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
highly political
Great work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 10, 2017
I have always enjoyed the academia. Working at SLCC has given me the opportunity to remain connected to that environment.

Although the course work is always the same, the diversity of students from semester to semester ensures the position never becomes dull.
Gear Up Program
College Advisor/ Specialist (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTAugust 9, 2017
It was a great experience working there and I enjoy working with my colleagues on a daily basis. The program challenged me everyday. I really enjoy working with the students on a daily basis too. It was nice to know that I was trying to help them to be excited and that there were ways of going to college and to have a great experience there too.
Pros
Up to date training
Cons
Short breaks
Busy, fun and productive place to work
Specialist I, Auxiliary Services (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTAugust 9, 2017
First of all the manager was amazing, very thoughtful woman. Very busy work, but I love being in contact with different people and departments. Nice work environment.
Pros
lunches
Cons
N/a
Fun job
Academic Support (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 7, 2017
Salt Lake Community College is a great place to work for if you're a student that lives with your parents. I would suggest this college if you're trying to complete your degree. If you have a degree, I would suggest trying for a university position.
Pros
Guaranteed off from 24th to 31st of December, Pay is fair for part time, Easy work for students, Laid back
Cons
Treat part-time unfairly, Can't move up in the college unless a person quits or retires, Very difficult to find busy work if you're not at one of the main campuses, Work environment can be very passive-aggressive
Professional and progressive college
Liaison to concurrent enrollment teachers (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 13, 2017
The University tries to uphold professional standards. It uses the grading platform of Canvas and I like how it functions for students and teachers. I enjoy all aspects of my job and appreciate the administrators over me. They are very hard working.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Lower pay compatively speaking
Best Job I've Ever Had
Writing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 13, 2017
Best work environment. Excellent management. Workplace culture is vibrant and a lot of fun. The opportunity to really make a difference for people. Great work experience and excellent networking.
Salt Lake Community College
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 12, 2017
In my opinion Salt Lake Community College is a place where dreams are born and the attempt to attain those dreams is offered. It was a great vibe working there.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
not that many jobs there.
Taught owners how to maintain pets coats between grooming
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 29, 2017
Teach students proper grooming/ styling procedures, and how to maintain their animals coat in between grooms. Educate students on basic skills involving animal care.
Very good job to have as a student
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 27, 2017
You have a lot of down time at that campus which allows you to get a lot of homework done on the job. The coworkers are all amazing and very easy to get along with. A very relaxed atmosphere.
The position is fun and overwhelming sometimes.
E-portfolio Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 25, 2017
What I dislike about this job is when I receive unprepared student, who ignore the instructions given by their instructor and want me to do the assignment for them.
Pros
can do homework when it's slow
Fun work environment, but slow paced.
Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJune 19, 2017
Salt Lake Community College was a fun place to work at. I feel like I gained a lot of customer service based skills that will definitely help me in any career I choose to go in to. Unfortunately, I rarely was given tasks to do and had to come up with something to keep me busy on a day to day basis.

It was overall a very slow paced but enjoyable environment to work in.
Pros
Free food, diverse culture, co-workers that were easy to get along with.
Cons
Little to do, had to train my own supervisor in certain aspects, supervisor never around.
Adjunct faculty is the way to go
Adjunct faculty for medical assisting/HIT program (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed being an adjunct faculty at SLCC. It was the best job that I had. It was very relaxed environment and well compensated. I'd highly recommend.
very good workplace
AV/Media Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 16, 2017
A very good workplace, with amazing and supportive colleagues.
A typical day at work would be always being on time, turning on your computer, greeting everyone with smile, and being ready to help with questions.
Good
IT Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 5, 2017
Salt Lake Community College is a good place to work. My management has been supportive of my efforts in the workplace and supported me when needed....
Great place to work and very stable.
PT/OT Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for Salt Lake Community College though it was seasonal work. I am currently seeking employment with this company as a full time employee and hope this works out.

SLCC is very stable and has had many years of success. It's a great company.
Pros
Workable schedule and very student centered
Cons
Must take summer's off due to student schedules, Very difficult to do when you need to work full time year round.
Managers are always changing
Technician III, Student Loan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2017
This company could be good however the mangers are always changing and each department is managed differently and compensation is not equal through out the college
Pros
State job
Cons
Bad managment
Excellent position for secondary income
Adjunct Biology Faculty (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 15, 2017
The biology department places much trust in their adjuncts, so there is freedom within a basic curriculum. Flexible schedule in that the administration attempts to give you the course sections that work for you. The most frustrating part of the job is uninterested students when teaching GenEd courses. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you "hook" students into enjoying Biology when they thought they hated science.
Pros
independent
Cons
no healthcare, no matching 401k, no guarantee of classes semester to semester
Great school with a great staff
Computer Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTMay 3, 2017
Knowledgeable instructors combined with relatively small class sizes makes the classes much more personal. Most instructors have scheduled office hours outside of class to have any pending questions answered.