Salt Lake Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Its been a long long time ago
Registered Nurse, ICU (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 2, 2017
I long long time ago in a galaxy far far away I worked here. I loved the people. It was a great place to work. I haven't been here in a decade but would definitely work here again.
Friendly Staff
Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2017
Overall Employees are happy and make the best of things. There was a young senior leadership team that was on a learning curve. I am sure things improved as time moved on with the hospital.
Not a great place to work
Floor Technician/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 18, 2017
The management treats you like dirt. They never say thank you for a job well done. You work your tail off and they still treat you like garbage. Do not work here.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management sucks
Great Work Atmosphere
Registered Nurse/ Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2017
Great nurses and staff. It was a small hospital, but very friendly. The staff was very helpful and if you ever needed anything they were there to listen.
Low focus on staffing needs.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2017
I worked there for years and have seen a lot. The patient care staff is a mixture of extremely hardworking nurses and aides that frequently get overworked due to the other half of the staff that are lazy. Some of the upper management are good people (not a fan of the HR department) yet they are driven by corporate headquarters in Tennessee that do not have medical caregiver backgrounds.
Turn over is high both due to people quitting as well as getting fired. If your looking for the short term, without much continuing education than this is the place. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Good pay. A few great nurses.
Cons
Poor management support. Poor staffing
Good for experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84102June 15, 2017
Good for experience, but I did not feel valued as an employee. You are over worked and understaffed constantly. Other staff members do not treat you well and management was lacking.
Pros
good hospital experience
Cons
lack of staffing, ethics, and management
pervious employee
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
SRMC has the potential to be one of the top facilities in Utah but is lacking in departmental leadership that values long term employees.
Good people to work with. HR are incredible and supportive
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 25, 2015
Good opportunity for learning and growth. Had wonderful colleagues to work with. Typical red tape with health care which everyone deals with. Most frustrating thing is the difficulty in taking breaks and lunches. The most wonderful part of the job was seeing our team come together during a crises and working as one for as long as it took to save our patient or work hard until we could see that our work was futile. We have a wonderful team who support one another in hard situations and that is fulfilling to see that kind of support
Pros
Fellow staff support
Cons
Not getting off the floor lunches and breaks
Business casual.
Director Jaynann Charlesworth (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2015
Intimate 5 star hospital. Great providers and exceptional staff. Kind, loving staff. Clean and newly remodeled. A great place to work!
Love our CEO and CFO.
Pros
The coworkers are all supportive and work very hard!
Cons
Very little time off. No one to do my job when I'm gone.
Quality facility with exceptional patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 2, 2015
Enjoyable place to work with kind and supportive staff. Small hospital so everyone knew each other, which led to a fun environment. Working as a float CNA I was able to see all different areas of the hospital and the nursing staff were willing to teach and show me new things.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Understaffed at times
Enjoyable work environment and great rapport with co-workers.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2015
Begin the day with stocking rooms with linens, logging temperature for blanket warmer and eye was stations, turning on machines and scanning any in-patients that are ordered for the morning. Due my typical paperwork and look for priors on outpatients and print their questionaires. I have learned patience and how to handle difficult and elderly patients in a polite way. I have learned how to be strong for not only myself but family members going through a hard time. I enjoy my co-workers. We have a very strong bond with eachother in the Radiology Dept. I love working here and have created many friendships along the way that I will take for me for the rest of my life. The hardest part of my job is taking call. The most enjoyable part of my job is my job!!!
Pros
I love my job and co-workers.
Cons
Call
patient care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 16, 2015
scheduling nurses during shifts; patient care, management, post operative care, bariatric surgeon, orthopedic services, ob/gyn services, medical/surgical unit, rehab services, emergency room services, ICU services.
Friendly staff
Clinical Laboratory Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2015
Management is super friendly and helpful. Training was adequate, although I had to teach myself on a lot of things. Health benefits are good and not super expensive.
A fast paced work environment with a great supporting team
Cook (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahNovember 26, 2014
I typical prepped food for caterings and formal events. I also served customers in a cafe setting and completed stocking.
I learned time management and how to complete tasks quickly. I learned how to work as a team with my co workers and go the extra mile in a number of positions. I learned how to work under high pressure and complete difficult tasks. I learned communication skills with customers to complete tasks and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
My managers really care about they're employees and help them succeed. They communicate well with they're employees. They were always fair and understanding.
All of the people i worked with were great. Everyone was really nice and easy to talk to. We all worked very well together and worked as a team.
The most difficult part of my job was the hours I had to work. Most of my shift were very long.
The thing i enjoyed the most was using my creativity to produce excellent food and customer service.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hour cuts, turnover
Great hospital
CNA (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working at SLRMC, the nursing staff are very dedicated to the well being of thier patients.
SLRMC is the place to earn your chops. Great people will teach a new nurse everything they need to know.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 21, 2014
I worked here for 16 years and when I left it felt like I was leaving family. SLRMC is a smaller hospital but the care that is given is top notch.
its a fun and outgoing place
cook (Current Employee) –  salt lake cityNovember 1, 2013
its a fun place to work and people friendly. sometimes its challenging but its ok. great co worker's and alright management
Great Employer
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 28, 2013
Every day is very busy trying to keep the hospital supplied with needed resources.
I have learned that healthcare is ever changing.
Management is great and co-workers are awesome.
Hardest part of the job is maintaining resources because of shortages and backorders.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be a part of the healing process for patients.
Fun workplace with great co-workers and have learned a lot through the years
E.R. Technician/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 15, 2013
I have enjoyed working with my co-workers, nurses and doctors, and have learned so much from all of them. I am loyal to the company and they have treated me well. In the ER so many different things and patients come through the door. I have loved rising to the challenge of each of them. My manager always has a positive attitude and solves any problems to the best of his ability. The hardest part of my job has been to work within the fine line of ER tech and ER clerk. I have learned to tailor my job functions to each doctor on shift. Some prefer you to stay at the desk and others like you to be on the floor. Then there's helping out the nurses as much as possible. It's a difficult thing to appease everybody and has taken years to learn. My co-workers are very appreciative for what I do for them including those in other departments. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping to save the life of a critical patient. We work as a team so everything runs smoothly (most of the time).
Pros
Being recognized for our hard work
Cons
We don't always get our breaks when it's busy
Love working here, great environment
GI Surgical Coordinator RN (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 14, 2013
My favorite job as an RN, My coworkers are fantastic, management is very supportive, the job can be physically demanding. The best part of the job is taking care of patients.