Salt River Project Employee Reviews

Provisional Customer Service Representative - Provisional Temp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 12, 2017
I was hired as a full time customer service employee, but it was classified as a one year temporary assignment. Everyone must work one year in customer service, then post for a customer service position permanently after that year to remain with SRP. Only after that time could I move to another section. I did not want to work as a Customer Service Representative for two years. My supervisor was a very professional individual and I enjoyed working for him.
Great Company
Sr. IT Project Manager, Lead (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 6, 2017
I have been working at SRP full-time (More than a year)

Pros
Great people and benefits! Great for family oriented professionals. Lots of opportunities in a evolving IT department and throughout the company. If you reach the executive level they pay for your kids college!

Advice to Management
Mentor mid-level managers, set up 360 reviews for all managers and senior technologists.
Good, secure
Construction Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2017
Great place to work with excellent benifits. There are many different jobs and career opportunities at SRP. They have competitive compensation for this part of the country.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Very buricradic
My immediate supervisor is very a good leader
Power Plant Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Page, AZJanuary 15, 2017
Safety meetings at the start of every shift. Walk down you job site for hazard recognition. I like to work with my hands so being a mechanic is the job that I love to do everyday and am proud of it.
Productive, very good Team Player, Fun to be around
Desktop Support Sr (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Proactive tries to anticipate issues\problems before they happen, will always look for ways to save the company money and opportunites to teach myself something new that will help to advance my career. Always equal to any task given
Pros
Dedication
Cons
Dogged determination
very positive and encouraging supervisors. education help and advancement opportunities.
Drafter/Mapper (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 8, 2016
A typical day would involve taking a finished job in the field and mapping it to a graphics information system using the as built print and field notes. They made sure I was given proper training and offered college level classes to bring everyone up to speed. My co-workers were very kind and a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the changes being made with the system as we progessed from manual ink on mylar to mapping on a working model in the data base that worked as it dose in the field making possible spacial annalysis in minutes that would have taken weeks manually. My tenure there spanned the transition from the manual to the automation of the mapping and design procedure. I especially enjoyed drawing the land base on microstation. They have since transitioned to Small World.
Pros
great benifits, good pay, excellent management, challanging work
Cons
Had to travel 18 miles through town for a few years
great environment
rcc (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 6, 2016
great place to work
daily task handling inbound calls
work schedule varies
difficult customers
assisting customers
learned numerous verbal skills and tactics
energetic and innovative environment
Project Manager / Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 19, 2016
The telecom department is very innovative and energetic. The director is amazing and not only has fantastic forethought, but he cares about his staff and their well being. Work hours are flexible so long as you get your work done. This makes it great for family situations.
Fun Place to Work
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2016
Great Pay and Awesome Benefits.
Lots of perks to working for this company. Family Oriented. Lots of opportunities to advance. This company loves to play hard.
Pros
Pay
Cons
N/A
Duties
Inventory/Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 7, 2016
Duties are very fast paced. I enjoyed the challenge. Multiple job sites. Good people to work with. Able to advance in your department, cross training. Good place to work.
Pros
Variety of duties
Cons
I don't have any
Best company I've ever worked for
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 4, 2016
I worked for several different bosses in my 16 years with this company. I was thrilled to get hired by a company considered one of the best in all of Arizona. After working at a company with almost no benefits and no appreciation, it was a wonderful surprise to have my work highly praised and reviewed and to be handed a benefits "manual" in a three-ring binder was awesome. The hundreds of employees were always kind and supportive and never critical. It was a complete joy to work here. I did word processing, took shorthand from dictation and at meetings, created file systems and paperwork tracking in order to meet deadlines; ordered supplies and did monthly reports at a power plant; acted as a receptionist at the power plant as well. Would have loved to work here until I was 65 but a bad back forced me to leave at 42. There was no "hardest" part working for this utility company. The employees were top notch and the management was suburb. Employees were respected and treated well. Compensation was outstanding and the benefits were unbelievable. The most enjoyable part for me was the constant praise for my work and employee reviews that gave me so much confidence which I had totally lost at my previous job.
Pros
Great company, outstanding employees and management, great compensation, outstanding benefits
Cons
Absolutely none
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Such a great job with amazing benefits... Very professional company and great atmosphere... Amazing management and a lot of room for growth within the company... Many different employment options.
Pros
Room for growth within the company
Cons
n/a
Good work, Good environment, Great company
Automotive Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZ 85353August 29, 2016
All coworkers are great, many helpful trainings, teamwork is obviously present, if you do well you prosper in this great company who really cares about it's employees.
Wonderful company and place to work.
GIS Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaAugust 15, 2016
Typical day included working with engineers to build fiber optic GIS layers used for connectivity. Wonderful people to work with.
Pros
Working as a team to accomplish the task at hand.
Cons
N/A
Good place to work long term
Analyst Senior Computer (Senior Software Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 5, 2016
Salt River Project (SRP) is a great place to work long term. Many employees have been there 30+ years. They offer a descent benefits package, a 401(K) with a company contributed match and average salaries. They do not offer part or telecommuting.
Great core values and work life balance
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2016
SRP is a great company to work for. There are many opportunities for advancement and treats all employees with the respect and recognition they deserve. SRP is the type of company that once you are in you never want to leave.
Excellent Position
WAM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PAB SystemJune 14, 2016
I loved this position. It required that i use all of my acquired skills, from IT to Customer Service to Administrative. If I could go back I would do so immediately.
Pros
Pay was excellent
Cons
I was a contractor, so I did not have the "IN" for staying employed there long term.
Summary
Customer care professional (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 11, 2016
Interesting working there. Was one of my first jobs can really remember it that much but it was a good first job. Anyhow try your best and you will succeed anywhere.
Great company to work for
Security Operations Center-Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 20, 2016
Salt Rive Project (SRP) as a whole is the best company I've ever had the privilege to work for. The working culture of this company is second to none. The pay and benefits packages are the best I've ever had. I feel that management really care for their employees.I work in Risk Management/Security Services and i enjoy the strong working relationship our department possesses.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
Department advancement
love the hours
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 19, 2016
great place to work, the hours and people and easy going. no micromanaging here! this job allows one to have a nice work life balance.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salt River Project. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2