Apply on SaludClinic.org
Human Resources Specialist
General Description of Duties:
The Human Resources Specialist organizes and assists in all aspects of the human resource function of Plan de Salud del Valle, Inc. in employment, compensation, employee benefits, employee relations, and training. Adheres to the spirit of the SALUD mission statement while performing assigned duties.
Works under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Human Resources and Training
- Manages the support staff function including assisting with interviews and conducting background checks
- Serves as a resource to management and supervisors regarding personnel policy matters and employment law
- Generates personnel actions; generated employee performance evaluation forms and assists with updating and reviewing of the performance evaluation processes and forms; maintains and reviews personnel files
- Monitors required licenses and certifications, and other credentialing issues as required; makes notifications upon renewal
- Maintains and listing of all authorized personnel position in the organization and manages and monitors staffing status
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements to include OSHA logs, Equal Employment Opportunity requirements, Civil Rights requirements and all other Federal and State Laws
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation; assists with organizing and conducting employee training
- Processes employee exit interviews; completes and retires personnel files
- Interprets personnel policies and procedures on a daily basis to assist managers and employees
- Assist with reviewing and maintaining organizational job descriptions and updating as required with appropriate approvals
- Responsible for the submission and monitoring of workers’ compensation claims; monitors that status of unemployment claims and makes appropriate responses
- Maintains statistics for administrative use to include current and updated compensation tables’ provides standard and other reports on a Ad Hoc basis
- Assists with provider credentialing function
- Coordinates and ensures all paperwork is given to accounting personnel in the preparation of bi-weekly payrolls
- Assists employees with benefit questions and disputes
- Performs related work as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for Appointment:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Team player who desires working in an environment where working as a team is valued and practiced.
- Works well under pressure to meet organizational needs and other deadlines.
- Dependable person with good work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, detail oriented with ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize
- Excellent people and relational skills including phone voice and face-to-face communications
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher
- Willingness to learn new software programs and work processes. Experience with KRONOS or another payroll system preferred.
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as copiers, scanners, digital cameras, fax machines, etc.
- Must have knowledge of personnel practices and theories to be able to assist in the operations of the human resources department consistent with organizational policies, federal, state and local laws and guidelines
- Must show skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision making in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Must possess skill in evaluating operations as they relate to policies, goals and objectives, costs and staffing levels.
- Must be able create an organizational atmosphere that encourages motivation, innovation and high performance.
- Ability and willingness to work some evening and/or weekend hours as needed.
- Passion for working in a non-profit that provides health care services for low-income individuals and families. Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a must.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, preferred
Two years of working in a Human Resources department, preferred
PHR or SPHR preferred, but not required
Normal Medical and Dental office environment, although may be busy and hectic during certain times of the year.
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
Requires normal range of hearing and eye sight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
Ability to lift and carry at least 15 pounds routinely.
Working under stressful situations is required at times.