Salve Regina University Employee Reviews

Good
Currently Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Newport, RISeptember 24, 2017
Its a wonderful University for students to build up their future. But for a Catholic priest, there is not much job satisfaction because students are not so much interested in spiritual matters.
slow but rewarding
Photography Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIJuly 31, 2017
Not a very stressful or fast paced place to work but it's a wonderful location and the people are nice. Work is rewarding too since you are helping make an educational environment as nice as it can be
Assistant Field Hockey Coach
Assistant Field Hockey Coach (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIJuly 25, 2017
Great experience and work environment. Had a wonderful opportunity to exercise what I know in the world of Field Hockey and utilize it on the field and off the field as well with helping my players advance to their best abilities.
Pros
Amazing Athletic Program
Cons
None. Everything was amazing
Top Notch
Teacher Education (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIJune 30, 2017
Beautiful setting full of professionals who are motivated and extremely competent. Students are engaged and a pleasure to work with. Lunch on the Cliff Walk is perk!
Superb Department Heds and great students
Professor of Biology (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJune 23, 2017
Teaching at this University since September, 2015 has been one of the great experiences of my working life. Reality being what it is, I must work full time. This is not an option at Salve as I only hold a Masters, not a PhD.
Pros
Great students
Cons
it was a good experience
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIJune 19, 2017
everything was great lunch rush was kinda fast and difficult but i maintained and as far as other staff we worked together as a team to get things done
Pros
everything
Cons
none at all
Working environment depends upon department
Office and Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIMay 19, 2017
Salve Regina is a wonderful place to work except for the benefits. The medical has been downgraded each year. The department I worked for was very intense however the other departments within the University are wonderful.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Benefits are not very good
Friendly Manner to learn challenging collegiate subjects
Academic Subject Tutor (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIMay 7, 2017
I began working at the SRU Academic Resource Center because I wanted to help students who were in need of extra assistance in subjects that I enjoyed in college. Having been a student at the time, I understood how challenging/demanding college courses are and I was fortunate to help underclassmen in areas such as writing and Spanish.
Pros
Student interactions, academic support
professional academic culture
Collection Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIDecember 21, 2016
Beautiful setting of Gilded Age mansions along Newport's cliff walk. Administration seeks input and feedback from staff and faculty to improve work culture. Human Resources provided wellness tools and seeks to aid employees in finding a good work/life balance. A team based method for creating results is the norm.
The University was in flux, bot h in their building construction and reorganizing their department administrators,
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Newport, RISeptember 13, 2016
Salve Regina University is a beautiful campus with diverse architecture but they lack department chairs to motivate students and faculty to perform up to the academic standards they enjoy touting due to their high tuition costs.
Pros
good support staff, picturesque campus
Cons
Inexperienced administrators who make poor choices.
Productive and Fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIMay 18, 2016
I very much enjoyed my lab mates and my professor that I worked for over the past two years. We were able to have a relaxed time and still get work done.
great experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIMarch 13, 2015
I go to work two days a week and enjoy the job and my co workers. I can only work 10 hours a week because I am employed by Salve as a work study student, but I would work more hours for pay if I could.
Pros
fun
Cons
limited work study
Not an institution capable of understanding loyalty and hard work.
Assistant Professor in sociology, Department Chair (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIFebruary 27, 2015
Untrustworthy and unappreciative organization, of the sorts never capable of recognizing achievements, and ready to pounce on slip-ups. Not a place that I would recommend for those expecting collegiality and genuine support.
Pros
Good-looking campus
Cons
Everything else!
Great Resume Builder
Office of Safety and Security - Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandFebruary 14, 2015
Shifts vary between 4 and 8 hours. Its a great resume builder by working on dispatching and emergency call skills. And you get to work with the students to make for them and the university a safer place.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours
Beautiful Campus with Dedicated and Intimate Staff
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Newport, RINovember 21, 2014
For a small school Salve Regina offers a world class collegiate experience and among the best services to its students. I would highly recommend this school for nearly any discipline for both students, staff and faculty. As an adjunct faculty member they offer a state of the art private setting for planning and office space at the library.
Pleasant workplace.
Adjunct Cello Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIMarch 24, 2014
Small univeristy with excellent faculty and beautiful music facilities.
Beaultiful place to work
Assistant Mens Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJanuary 28, 2014
Campus is great
Athletic Dept is not well fended
Student athletes are great kids
most coaches are enjoyable to work with
Positive environment to advance employment skills
Alumni Office- Phonathon Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, RISeptember 21, 2013
Overall, this experience allowed students the ability to improve and showcase their skills, with an opportunity for promotion. As a two year manager I learned a lot about task delegation and managing a team of dedicated young individuals.
A job full of ups and downs
Assistant Director of Wellness Education (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIJune 28, 2013
Mornings are early and nights are late and long...It is very stressful. Alot of work and little recognition
Great opportunity to work in collegiate athletics
Defensive coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIMay 17, 2012
Coaching at SRU was great. An excellent head lacrosse coach and a young team provided a great opportunity to learn a lot about coaching and develop further insight and understanding of the game.