Salve Regina University Employee Reviews

The University was in flux, bot h in their building construction and reorganizing their department administrators,
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Newport, RISeptember 13, 2016
Salve Regina University is a beautiful campus with diverse architecture but they lack department chairs to motivate students and faculty to perform up to the academic standards they enjoy touting due to their high tuition costs.
Pros
good support staff, picturesque campus
Cons
Inexperienced administrators who make poor choices.
Productive and Fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIMay 18, 2016
I very much enjoyed my lab mates and my professor that I worked for over the past two years. We were able to have a relaxed time and still get work done.
Positive environment to advance employment skills
Alumni Office- Phonathon Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, RISeptember 21, 2013
Overall, this experience allowed students the ability to improve and showcase their skills, with an opportunity for promotion. As a two year manager I learned a lot about task delegation and managing a team of dedicated young individuals.
Not an institution capable of understanding loyalty and hard work.
Assistant Professor in sociology, Department Chair (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIFebruary 27, 2015
Untrustworthy and unappreciative organization, of the sorts never capable of recognizing achievements, and ready to pounce on slip-ups. Not a place that I would recommend for those expecting collegiality and genuine support.
Pros
Good-looking campus
Cons
Everything else!
Beautiful Campus with Dedicated and Intimate Staff
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Newport, RINovember 21, 2014
For a small school Salve Regina offers a world class collegiate experience and among the best services to its students. I would highly recommend this school for nearly any discipline for both students, staff and faculty. As an adjunct faculty member they offer a state of the art private setting for planning and office space at the library.
Great Resume Builder
Office of Safety and Security - Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandFebruary 14, 2015
Shifts vary between 4 and 8 hours. Its a great resume builder by working on dispatching and emergency call skills. And you get to work with the students to make for them and the university a safer place.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours
great experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIMarch 13, 2015
I go to work two days a week and enjoy the job and my co workers. I can only work 10 hours a week because I am employed by Salve as a work study student, but I would work more hours for pay if I could.
Pros
fun
Cons
limited work study
Great opportunity to work in collegiate athletics
Defensive coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIMay 17, 2012
Coaching at SRU was great. An excellent head lacrosse coach and a young team provided a great opportunity to learn a lot about coaching and develop further insight and understanding of the game.
A job full of ups and downs
Assistant Director of Wellness Education (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIJune 28, 2013
Mornings are early and nights are late and long...It is very stressful. Alot of work and little recognition
Beaultiful place to work
Assistant Mens Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJanuary 28, 2014
Campus is great
Athletic Dept is not well fended
Student athletes are great kids
most coaches are enjoyable to work with

Want to know more about Salve Regina University?

Ask a question
Pleasant workplace.
Adjunct Cello Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIMarch 24, 2014
Small univeristy with excellent faculty and beautiful music facilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salve Regina University. Our community is ready to answer.

Salve Regina University Reviews by Location