Sam's Boat Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun place to work but also creepy
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, TXJuly 24, 2017
Probably the funnest job Ive ever had if you don't have children or care about a social life. You work like a dog but the enviornment is fun and you make a lot of money.
Slow most of the time after crawfish
Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2017
Easy work, clientele varies. Unless it is crawfish season it is slow if you work as a server. Bartenders do decent year round tip wise. GM could use some more training.
Pros
Other workers
Cons
Lots of free food and a great work atmosphere !!
Prep cook, expo, floor management (Former Employee) –  Montgomery TexasJanuary 17, 2017
Though challenging during certain work days and weekends, there was always great come Ratterree amongst management and staff. Made excellent money but unfortunately due to the fact that Sam's boat customers are basic seasonal I had to find more suitable employment.
Cons
Lots of free food.
Tedious work with no real breaks
Food Runner/Expo (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Shifts were long and they didn't really allow us to take breaks even when working a double. The discount for employees was very small being half off up to four dollars and when the food is almost all above 14 dollars that is still a lot of money to pay for food that isn't even that amazing.
Sams Boat was the first job that I stayed with for a while.
Ending position was a Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
While, I believe a total of five years working as a waitress is long for anyone. I indeed learned to communicate with customers. In a way, I was my own boss because I worked entirely for tips so it was up me to put myself out there in the most positive way. Having a upbeat and multi- tasking train of thought, insured that I received a steady income based on the tips.
Pros
For the most part, the job was flexible with needing time off as do most waitress jobs are.
Cons
I was able to advance to bartender but other than the title, there is no place for true advancement.
Great opportunity with unsafe environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2014
I worked as a bartender. The employees were all very friendly and supportive. Unfortunately, the environment was very unsafe.
Fun atmosphere, met a lot of cool people
Server (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, TXOctober 17, 2012
I really enjoyed waiting tables here. We had a good crew and I made a lot of friends. It got extrememly busy sometimes, especially having a section of 6 or 8 tables out on the patio. Luckily, someone was usually offering to help if they weren't busy. Management was great at the time - always willing to help us and made it fun to be there.
Pros
money, co-workers, management
Cons
drunk people, late hours
Fun work Environment
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 10, 2012
The work environment was very easy and fun. They were able to entertain people and customers for years