Sam's Boat Employee Reviews in United States

Sams Boat was the first job that I stayed with for a while.
Ending position was a Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
While, I believe a total of five years working as a waitress is long for anyone. I indeed learned to communicate with customers. In a way, I was my own boss because I worked entirely for tips so it was up me to put myself out there in the most positive way. Having a upbeat and multi- tasking train of thought, insured that I received a steady income based on the tips.
Pros
For the most part, the job was flexible with needing time off as do most waitress jobs are.
Cons
I was able to advance to bartender but other than the title, there is no place for true advancement.
Great opportunity with unsafe environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2014
I worked as a bartender. The employees were all very friendly and supportive. Unfortunately, the environment was very unsafe.
Fun atmosphere, met a lot of cool people
Server (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, TXOctober 17, 2012
I really enjoyed waiting tables here. We had a good crew and I made a lot of friends. It got extrememly busy sometimes, especially having a section of 6 or 8 tables out on the patio. Luckily, someone was usually offering to help if they weren't busy. Management was great at the time - always willing to help us and made it fun to be there.
Pros
money, co-workers, management
Cons
drunk people, late hours
ok company
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2012
great company just don't expect to move up in the company cuz it is definitely hard to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Boat. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8