Sam's Boat Employee Reviews

Tedious work with no real breaks
Food Runner/Expo (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Shifts were long and they didn't really allow us to take breaks even when working a double. The discount for employees was very small being half off up to four dollars and when the food is almost all above 14 dollars that is still a lot of money to pay for food that isn't even that amazing.
Sams Boat was the first job that I stayed with for a while.
Ending position was a Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
While, I believe a total of five years working as a waitress is long for anyone. I indeed learned to communicate with customers. In a way, I was my own boss because I worked entirely for tips so it was up me to put myself out there in the most positive way. Having a upbeat and multi- tasking train of thought, insured that I received a steady income based on the tips.
Pros
For the most part, the job was flexible with needing time off as do most waitress jobs are.
Cons
I was able to advance to bartender but other than the title, there is no place for true advancement.
Great opportunity with unsafe environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2014
I worked as a bartender. The employees were all very friendly and supportive. Unfortunately, the environment was very unsafe.
Fun work Environment
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 10, 2012
The work environment was very easy and fun. They were able to entertain people and customers for years
ok company
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2012
great company just don't expect to move up in the company cuz it is definitely hard to

2.7