Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Sams Club
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 24, 2017
Day at work just pushing carts
What I learned was cant trust anybody
Ok
Laughs, Enjoyable at Times, easy.
Hardest part was busy days
I enjoyed breaks and going home
Great environment
Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 23, 2017
This company was able to provide and teach me many different positions. I am grateful for the opportunities that I had with this company, but I didn't stay because I was in a different career path.
Sams Club
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 23, 2017
Just a regular part time job while in school. It could have been better in terms of management as they would schedule me with random hours. I wish they listened to suggestions to help make the store safer.
Pros
easy, stress-free, part-time
Cons
low pay, all day standing
Balanced place to work.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Marque, TXNovember 22, 2017
We were very busy in the Deli but managers made sure to hire enough help to make the work load appear less. We were given 30 minute lunches and 5 minute breaks every few hours.
Not a place to move up in the comapy
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 21, 2017
you can only go so far in the company without having to move to another place . The pay was good and the benefits were ok.........................................
Pros
coworkers
Cons
enviorment
Fast paced, poor quality employees with zero work ethic
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2017
Overnight stocking is a very fast paced, high street environment. Workers are a dime a dozen, and they hire with zero skill or work ethic. Basically if you have air in your lungs, you're hired which all those things combined, makes it much harder for those who do have excellent work ethic and skills, because you are constantly having to follow behind others to fix their mistakes. They offer their yearly Sams share which is great in theory, but when you consider that you may bust your butt every day, giving 110%, the person at the complete opposite of that, at the end of the year is going to receive the exact same amount as a bonus. Completely unfair. Day time management does not train or follow up on their associates very well, so if they do make a change or move during the day, the night crew most likely will have to come behind and fix all their mistakes to make it look more professional and presentable. Pay scale is terrible, as an overnight supervisor, for the amount of work I put in every night, running the show, calling the shots, I feel I should be making atleast double what I am,
It was ok
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2017
Went to college while working this job so the part time beginnings wasn't bad at all. Gave quarterly raises without a waiting time as well as loved the job I had.
Fun place to work.
Butcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 21, 2017
Sam's Club has a nice work environment with a Friendly management staff . Sam's Club is a fast pace environment. Sam's Club is willing to work with your schedule .
Pros
Frendly Management Staff
Cons
Non Competitive pay
Fast paced and productive
O/N merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 21, 2017
Every time i get to work and i start to stock eveything in my area until it looks ready for the next day.
I learned how to stock an area and make it look good and how retail works.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No overtime
Fun workplace
Advantage Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 21, 2017
Very fast paced and hard working employees management was always active and helpful interacting with customers giving a great experience shopping at Sams
Pros
Discount
Cons
Distance
Management only wants what’s best for them
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 20, 2017
Worked here for 6 months and never have I seen such favoritism in a work place than I have here. They will tell you that you can move to different departments and will promise interviews and will never give them to you unless it benefits them. Getting paid the same amount being a cashier as a door greeter is ridiculous. Cashiers have to push for members to open credit cards, upgrade to the plus membership and harass them about several other things and if you don’t, you will get written up.
Pros
Breaks
fast paced environment, extremely stressful
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 20, 2017
they are eliminating full time positions to make way for part time jobs in order to not pay full time benefits, its really sad that an associate works for this company for 20 plus years, they all of the sudden have no use for the posi
tion, with not much notice
Pros
free food
Cons
sad
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 20, 2017
It was a very fast paced and fun environment to work in with great people. Everyday was challenging and required hard work and patience. I would recommend this job
Nice pay but hard job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSNovember 20, 2017
I feel like it was hard to do what the mangers asked because it was a small town and we were supposed to get the members to upgrade to a premium account but most of them had premium accounts already so it got stress because I wasn't getting enough people to upgrade even though I would ask everyone.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful
great work environment
Stocker/Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 20, 2017
Once clocked in and after daily meetings, I was able to perform my duties with little to no supervisor, as I was assigned daily tasks to complete, However if I did have questions, on duty manager would have no problem assisting.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
hours
Very Good Company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  6363 Valley Springs Parkway, Riverside CA 92507November 20, 2017
This company taught me alot of things that i needed to learn in order to run my own company. They were not scared of promoting great workers or accepting good ideas from its employees
A Good job
CASHIER SAM'S CLUB 6341 (Former Employee) –  13550 W Sunrise Blvd, Sunrise, FL 33323November 20, 2017
Sam's Club is a great store, with great opportunities for different people of different ages. You were able to manage customers, while also selling membership cards or upgrading their membership cards.
Patience with customers is always key.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Good place to work but favoritism kills it
MEMBER SERVICE ASSOCIATE/MARKETING TEAM (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 19, 2017
I loved my job at SAM's Club. However, everyone here knows each other or is related to each other in some way. the favoritism is a huge issue. It makes other employees feel less than. If this issue was fixed, this would be an awesome place to work.
good place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 19, 2017
working there was enjoyable management made you feel excited about working and fellow employees were great to work with, enjoyed stocking. meeting customers and helping them.
Pros
the snacks they had in break room flexable schedule
Cons
pay not great worked holidays
Friendly work place. Great work environment
Asset Protection / Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 18, 2017
Fast paced but rewarding. Great company that strives to provide quality experience to every member. Work environment allows you to provide first class customer service without pressure.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Fast paced / cement floors / a lot of walking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.