Sam's Club
4,184 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

Membership Services
Membership Services (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXMarch 26, 2015
A typical work day at Sam's Club included, firstly counting in a till with the amount of $500.00. After I was settled into my register, my whole day consisted of assisting members, signing up new members, working with members on businesses, tax exempt, returns/exchanges on products, and basically customer care and service. Membership Service was the heart of the company. We were highly relied on because we kept the customers satisfied and we kept them coming back. There was really no hard part of the job because I am a very good multitasked. I work very well with people, and I loved a challenge. My co-workers really looked up to me for guidance, it was as though I was always the one with the answers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help members, achieving my goals, and beating every single challenge I was faced with. My main jobs included team member, performing cashier duties, product assistance and cleaning.
Relaxed working Environment
Membership Associate (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 25, 2015
Cons: 30 min lunch, Not that flexible with schedules, Management lacks concern and urgency, Doesn't pay that well
relaxed envirnonment to work it. Easy to move up in the company. Would like to see employees that go above and beyond be recognized or offered positions before bringing someone in off the street
Good college job
Technology Team Leader (Current Employee), Odessa, TxMarch 25, 2015
Pros: works with most school schedules
Cons: short breaks, badly managed, hard to find answers when needed
Good place to work if you need someone to work with your school and busy life schedules. Okay benefits nothing to be to happy about. Very disorganized and hard to find someone with answers.
Great place to work with room for advancement
Supervisor Team Lead (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAMarch 25, 2015
Sam's Club is a great company to work for. They care about their associates and provide opportunities for advancement for anyone who is willing to work hard. Management is good and does well to interact with their associates and really make them feel valued. I've developed a lot of skills while working at Sam's Club and really enjoy my co-workers, they make the days there a lot better. The hardest part of the job is getting everyone to buy into the culture. The Wal-Mart corporation seems to always get a bad rep but on the Sam's Club side I have never dealt with this. As the club grows, so does the member base and at times the rushes are very hectic, but it makes us adapt and at the end of the day it makes us better workers, the pressure is most welcomed by myself. I would recommend Sam's Club as a place of employment to anyone who asked.
I Love It
Cashier (Current Employee), Akron,OhioMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Lunches, Rewards
Cons: Breaks.
A typical day at work is a work out but also a fun environment. I learned how to sell plus memberships and also credit lines. The management is cool I get along with them all. My co-workers are very fun to be around and work with. The hardest part of the job is trying to sell things without the member getting upset because your talking their ear off. The most enjoyable part is letting the members know the benefits of the program and making them feel good and welcomes of shopping at Sam's Club.
productive and fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: monthly recognition/ annually or quarterly bonuses
Cons: short lunch period
I saw greatness of the associate experience and team leaders. I had the opportunity to learn a lot through management. Its a place to easily be promoted through hard work
Family
Memership Champion (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 24, 2015
I view my job as a family. They are easy to get a long with and over all a great group of people. The most enjoyable part of work is getting to meet new faces and learning about them.
Best place to work. Friendly management and employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 24, 2015
Taught me a lot about customer service and sales management. The management is very friendly and understanding. Although they stress too much on daily goals of membership and credits I still loved working there.
great place
Cafe shift lead (Former Employee), West Allis, WIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: more part time than full time positions available
great place to work!! Managers really care about their employees. Great benefits and room for advancement. Wonderful atmosphere.
My Review om working at sams club
Cafe Associate (Former Employee), Grandview, MOMarch 24, 2015
Pros: dealing with customers
Cons: communication
It wasn't fit for me my co-workers were just too disrespectful and I tried to talk to management and nothing was done. Really made it very hard for me to get comfortable to work there.
Manager and staff are really great to work with
Advantage Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), virginiaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Management, great atmosphere
Cons: Hours
I love this job mostly because of the team that I work with. There is no animosity between the team and the manager is great at his job.
great job
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2015
Trained new employees by providing knowledge of specific store tasks and
Educational Background policies. Assisted customers in person and via telephone.
Directed calls to appropriate individuals and departments.
Guaranteed positive customer experiences and resolved all customer complaints.
Organized store merchandise racks by size, style and color to promote visually appealing environment. Prepared pallets by following prescribed stacking arrangement and properly tagging pallets.
Loaded flatbed by forklift and hand truck. Used propane forklift to load trailer at warehouse.
Answered questions regarding the store and its Computed sales prices.also Responsible for front end daily operations. This includes assisting the member's/customer service area of the store with key turns as necessary. Scheduling of breaks and general maintenance of cashiers throughout the store. Also includes loss prevention by checking out high end items (Appliances, Cigarettes, etc) before they exit the door. Managing of monetary funds for the front end including running of funds to various areas of the store. Coaching and counseling of direct reports. This position requires a high degree of multi-tasking and time management skills.
OK but not a career suited for me
ADVANTAGE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Evans, COMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: weekends and holidays are necessary
Great company with opportunities for advancement just not for me. I couldn't see myself away from my family for major holidays and most weekends.
good company
hms (Former Employee), ocala,flMarch 23, 2015
it was always a good workplace and has exceptional benefits could use help with manager employee work relationships but overall a good place
Good place to work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Oakwood, GaMarch 23, 2015
Cons: schedules are constantly changing
Good people to work with. A little unorganized but management is good. A friendly environment that is great to work around. Some things that can be changed other wise it is a good place to work at.
Fun place of employment
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, competitive salary
Cons: high turnover
Working at Sam's Club is has it's ups and downs. I really enjoy the people I work with. Being a supervisor there is a high turnover for cashiers so that makes the job very stressful.
worst
Jewelry Associate (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHMarch 22, 2015
Management doesn't know represent the company and do as they please.No benefits because the job is part time.And they foce you to do other things that your not even trained to handle.
Very productive and fun work environment.
Membership Associate (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 22, 2015
Typical day on the job consisted of opening accounts, opening credits, and meeting daily quotas. I learned various work ethic skills as well as time management. Co-Workers and Management were always pleasant to work with. There were no hard parts of the job, most enjoyable was the flexibility and understanding from management.
Large company
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), NCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits are good.
Cons: at the time, only allowed full-time as 37.5 hours
Good chain of command procedures. Hours included days, nights and weekends. Pay was great and the opportunity for advancement is good. Benefits and insurance were a plus.
This job was a great learning experience and nice work environment.
Meat Department Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 21, 2015
The meat clerk greets and assists customers with questions, helps customers select meat products, weighs it and wraps the customer's merchandise. The meat clerk prepares merchandise by wrapping, weighing, and labeling meat/seafood merchandise for display in meat cases. The meat clerk rotates products and merchandise to maintain freshness and product appeal in the meat department. Ensures meat cases and displays are well stocked and has basic knowledge of the different meat and seafood cuts.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more

Sam's Club Salaries