Sam's Club
4,652 reviews

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Friendly and interesting coworkers. Also great pay.
Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 4, 2015
Everything is good. Hot weather, great people. Productive management . Learned to be more patient with rude customers, and how to push carts with a machine.
Great place to build your foundation in your job life!
Member Service Associate (Current Employee), Hiram, GAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Associates, benefits
Cons: Management
Sam's Club is an excellent company to work for. Working for corporate companies can be positive and negative; it allows you to grow but sometimes be a challenge to. Sam's Club was my first job. I redeemed full time status within my 90-day probation period, received key holder and supervisor responsibility for being with the company for a year and few months. I trained all new associates, desks associates/cashiers. I became the top performer and knowledgable associate in my department. I am trusted key holder and supervises 15+ associates, have supervised entire department of over 30+. I am comfortable and confident in working fast pace, busy environments. Sam's Club has given me confidence in myself to grow and become a hard work, dependable and determined individual.
productive and fun place to work
Produce Merchandiser (Current Employee), denverJuly 3, 2015
the managers and co workers are so understandable and is fun and rewarding for me as a employee, there is some co-workers the are there just for the check like any other job but I keep my mind set on success so I don't let people like this get in my pat to been successful.
High volume busy work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits and atmosphere
Cons: long shifts
10-14 hour days as Operations Manager. I learned so much from this experience. It is fast paced and you are always moving. There is always something new to learn.
exceeding customers expectation
Customer relations (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 3, 2015
Responsible for greeting customers, locating products, price-checking items, and organizing store shelves and displays. Answer customer questions about policies, service and product. Providing customer service that exceed customers expectations
Fast pace, Fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Easley, SCJuly 2, 2015
In the Moring making pizza's and helping members thru out the day. While taking orders from member in person and over the phone.
Great staff.
Cashier (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJuly 2, 2015
I loved working at Sams. I enjoyed all my co-workers there. The hardest part of the job I think was convincing the members to upgrade if they weren't already.
Review Summary
Cashier (Former Employee), Sam's Club Hagerstown MDJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Clean, Free lunches
Cons: Short Breaks, Scheduling inconsistent, No good management
Daily we seek to meet productivity exceptions by selling Membership with outstanding customer service. Greeting each Member offering them some ways to benefit them with their shopping. Hardest part about the job is when we let each other down by not meeting exceptions for our club but the most enjoyable part is that we don't give up!
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate/cook (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLJuly 2, 2015
cashier/ floor / greeter/ etc. I like working for the management there . they are so nice to me. i enjoy work with co-worker the job is really nice . i got employee of month because i was a hard work and like what a did there.
Very friendly job with amazing customers
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Corona, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Work environment, Scheduling/ Breaks
Cons: none
Sam's club was a really great job. I had a really great relationship with coworkers and the management. Work was very fun because you experienced different situacions daily by helping customers with questions and having to perform different duties every day. I really enjoyed working with coworkers and good along with everyone that I met. It was an experience I won't forget. Unfortunately schedule conflicts with school became an issue but i would have loved to work their for a long period of time.
Great place to start
Meat Processor (Former Employee), Exton, PAJuly 1, 2015
Became a great meat processor while working at Sams Club. If it wasn't for the management team I feel I could have learned the tools to become more than a person who can cut meat.
Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Murray, UTJuly 1, 2015
- check zones and isles, cashier, help members find products
- I learned how to work in retail
- My managers were very nice and encouraging
- Co-workers were friendly
- Getting members through the cashier lines when it was busy
- the most enjoyable part was the members
great workplace fun love the guest
ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJuly 1, 2015
Awesome family owned business. Great people to work with learned alot about the dental world working here. Management team is awesome best training ever
Fast pace, friendly, interpersonal, motivating and challenging.
Member Champion (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 1, 2015
I was great working for the company. I learned to be quick and yet maintain composed during point of sales. I learn to execute with proficiency and class while meeting our Member's needs.
Retail Sales and Food Services
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Edmond, OKJune 30, 2015
Pros: Sam share
Cons: Not Getting all breaks, Not enough staff, Poor Management
Click and Pull Assoicate
A typical day at work was going in at 5 clock start pulling orders for that day and then some of the next day if there was any orders. Then put of the sign changes and other signs. Ask my manager if their was anything else to be done. Then want and helped the Cafe. For the remaining time if my orders did not take all of my shift. The management was not organzied at all. I was doing other peoples jobs. I enjoyed working with most of the my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was that my manager would give another tasks before I was done with my own job. The enjoyable part of working at Sam's club as a click and pull assoicate was being able to help out in the cafe. I was more relaxed there because I was stressing over random stuff that was being put on me.

Cafe Assoicate
A typical day at work at first was come in and help open the cafe. When opening the cafe, me and another assoicate was turn on all the meachines, fill all of the condiments, filled the take and bakes pizza in the front and back bunkers, made pizzas for the whole day, finish filling the front bunker with sandwiches, salads, parfaits, and drinks. Sometime we had to break down the truck and order before we could even start opening the cafe for the day. I learned that we could rely on the management or leads to help us with are problems. We had to figure not what we need to do. The hardest part of the job was that we didn't have enough staff in the cafe and management and leads weren't helping us out. Two of us were doing a managers and leads jobs with an associate pay. Sometime – more... and more we had to closed to open the cafe as well. We opened the cafe ran the cafe and worked our shift and went home sometime had to work longer and didnt get all of our breaks, if we got our lunches. We didnt get the help when we need the help. The manager was more worried about the other departments then make the department equal. Working with my co-workers was fun and good at times, then there was time it was stressful. Basically busting our butts for not the right pay and no appreciation but from a manager who was not our manager. – less
Sales Sales Sales!
Cashier/ Floor Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Clean, Free lunches
Cons: Short Breaks, Scheduling inconsistent, No good management
Job expects high expectations
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Dallas, Tx.June 30, 2015
I had a chance to work as a Manager trainee in each section of the warehouse to learn merchandising for every category. I was able to write schedules for each dept.
A very great professional fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Associate appreciation
Cons: Lack of teamwork and communication.
Bound to meet great people everyday although the communication and teamwork within the store could use a lot of work. There's a lot of hard work and dedication that always pays off in the end. Everyone gets along just well and at peace with all.
Very fast paced. Stressful. Fun
Greeter, Cart Associate, Gas Station Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 30, 2015
Pros: friendly staff. specialty treats and staff meetings with free food.
Cons: short breaks. hours werent flexible. Not enough room for advancement
Working at Sams Club was a lot of fun. Depending on what position you were in. I enjoyed my job in the beginning but when i switched to a different position it just wasnt a good fit. I got along with most of my co workers as well as customers who were pouring in all the time. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who are upset when the product they were looking for was out of stock.
It's a good sales experience and good customer servivce skills.
Cashier (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZJune 30, 2015
Pros: Cooks outs
Cons: Healthcare plan
Making sure the customer's need any help on what they are looking for. You get to learn on how to sale credit or memeberships on your working days. Great people to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more

Sam's Club Salaries