Sam's Club

4.8K reviews

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

productive and good place to work at
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Lantana, FLJuly 28, 2015
very good management and hours
friendly environment and co workers
very understanding and good benifits
401k
vacation time
lots of customer service experience
Good pay, but they work you.
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Pay, free membership, paid holidays off
Cons: Always busy and packed, scheduling
Hours were good, work was tedious but worth the pay plus the benefits. Typical day was hectic and a lot of fast pace transactions and problem solving.
Learned how to deal with situations I've never had to deal with. Handling customers. Selling memberships/upgrades.
Sam's Culture
Membership Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
I enjoy ensuring all cultures of life a legendary experience in a busy retail environment. Providing all Sam's Walton values that the Company stands for. I enjoy working with all the associates and being a positive asset to the team of hard working individuals. The task that we face with high volumes of members at the location has .ensured that with unity and desire always reflect a positive result for completing tasks. I have learned to strive for excellence and do better with all the positive experiences i have been involved with over the pass six years.
Negative atmosphere, not enough support from management or market staff.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Decent pay if in a metro area for management
Cons: No respect for associates, they only mention the negative and not positive, Expectations are to high when the budget hours arent available.
Take advantage of you and the company does not live by their own words, respect for the individual. Hard work does not pay off at this company but who you know. They will run you into the ground and never pick you back up but instead keep their foot on the peddle.Would not recommend this company to any of my friends or family.
interesting to say the least
Advantage Coordinator (Former Employee), Temple, TXJuly 28, 2015
I learned a lot while working in retail. My manager worked well with my children situation. my team lead tried to help me stay focused and field work was very different.
Productive fun environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILJuly 28, 2015
The store is amazing. From the people that work there to the members that shop. A typical day at work is helping someone from start to finish . I learned that a friendly smile goes a long way.
Good fun times
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Lemon Grove, CAJuly 28, 2015
The job was hard at tines but other times it was fun. i cant complain. I was a teenage working here. it gave me money to go out. would not recommend it as a career.
Great for a college student or someone that enjoys retail
Cashier (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 28, 2015
for the most part, it is an enjoyable place to work. very fun and fast paced. pay starts low, but you can grow relatively quickly
Cares for their employees.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Georgetown, SCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: Sometimes you are required to work a full week before a day off.
Provide customer service to members. Balance cash drawer at the end of the work day. Co-workers treated each other as family we would fill in for one another if needed. Management cares and shows concerns for it's employees. The work hours can be quite hectic at times.
There is room for advancement, but work life balance is lacking
Wireless Sales/Photo Lab Technician/Comp Shopper (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Some great co-workers, decent pay
Cons: Short staffed very often. Some not so great co-workers
The jobs I performed at Sam's Club were not difficult in and of themselves. Staffing cuts did increase the workload quite a bit over the years that I worked there though.
Fun place to work
Floor Associate (Current Employee), Temple, PAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: part time hours
Interact with members, co-workers fun to be around. Nice incentives to do a good job. Hours can be all over the place. You will never know when you will work next due to very poor mangement
Great Company
CASHIER (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 28, 2015
As a cashier I loved my job and the member's. The management is all over the place they are not on one page at all. Didn't feel like they are very flexible with hours.
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), South CarolinaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great pay, Health insurance, 401K, Major Holidays off
Cons: A lot of Turn over in Management and Corporate Positions
Fast paced company, must be aggressive with sales and service, great associates to work with. Holidays can be tough at any retail business but we have it down to an art with planning and executing. You put into what you want to get out of the job, great place to advance your career if your dedicated and aggressive.
Productive work place
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 27, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: sometimes you couldn't get in a break or even lunch
it's definitely all about the money, driving sales and moving product. the hardest part of the job was not being able to rely on your leader for guidance, there was no support other than those closet to you willing to work as a team and not bring you down then abandon ship!
A good temporary job
Sales Associate/Technology Representative (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 27, 2015
Regular days ranging from four to eight hour shifts. There are many different positions. An my fellow workers were great help in everyday tasks.
Sam's club has been a great help, as I go through school.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Sharpsburg, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great health and 401K benefits
Cons: No overtime hours offered
During a typical work day, my experience with both the team below me and the members that we assist are great!! At the original location I started at, provided me with a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Fun
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee), Evanston, ILJuly 27, 2015
It is fun and busy working here. You get to learn a lot of different things and it's easy to move up in the company if you apply the hard work.
Mixed Feelings about Management
Electronics / Mobile Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJuly 26, 2015
Management is difficult to see eye-to eye with, especially if you are an independent thinker who loves suggesting ideas towards improving efficiency
Sam's club is a good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Frederick MDJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Very fast pace
Sam's club was a great company to work for. They have good benefits and a good bonus benefit incentive. They are a very fast pace changing busy that is always looking to change for the better. They are by far the most advanced company that I have worked for and continue to grow as a company everyday,
Fast pace and productive enviroment.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 26, 2015
I have learned by working in retail, and also management is that members/ customers are always right. Customer satisfaction is a key element and when a customer is not satisfied it could be a loss to a whole company.
Industry