Sam's Club
2,823 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

Very good starting wages
Cafe (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAApril 15, 2014
Pros: we get to see whats on sale first hand
Cons: trouble getting breaks lunches and keeping thier employees
Bringing up stock, Making pizzas for the day. For both the cafe and
take and bakes that customers can grab and take home. Co-workers are very helpful in making our workplace a team effort. They take the edge of when things get tough. The hardest part of the job is the scheduleing. The system wont schedule openers closers ect. Sometimes it will schedule – more... you to work a 8 1/2 hr. shift alone and then becomes difficult to get someone to cover lunches and breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers I have met and now are very friendly with. They compliment me on my work and make my job worth going to every day. – less
Very Clean environment
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIApril 15, 2014
Pros: free membership, discount on produce, stock, 401k, life insurance & healthcare all available
Cons: the rate of pay for the jobs being performed. training is very minimal.
The Company was very good at giving an opportunity to an individual who needed to build and grow in the employment industry,
working on my own pace .
Produce Associate (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAApril 15, 2014
Pros: sampling the produce
Cons: damaged produce
When i moved to a floor associate two years ago i was sad because i wouldnt be able to interact with the customers like i was used to , but i like the fact i can work at my own pace without managers all on my back.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Evansville, INApril 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough breaks with long shifts
A typical day at work would include working with the customers to make sure that they were happy and finding the things that they were looking for. I learned a lot about interacting with different types of people and learning to keep a smile on my face. Management was very understanding and helpful whenever you needed it. The hardest part of the job – more... was lifting heavy items from the belt to the cart. We were expected to transfer everything. The most enjoyable part about the job was the feeling of making other people happy and making sure that they had a great shopping experience. – less
Customer Service to all members
Customer Service (Former Employee), Athens, GAApril 14, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: short breaks, not the best insurance for part time workers
A typical day at work would be helping all members in a professional way. Giving fast service. Hardest part of the job would be the distance it is away from home. The most enjoyable part of the job, is meeting people from all over the world.
sams is okay place to work if you in management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches alot
Cons: manual labor
Working at Sams club as a cashier job is hard its alot of manually labor and you got to do alot of suggestive sells.
It was a great place to work I ejoyed it
Greeter (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCApril 14, 2014
It was a great, friendly atmosphere. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the members. I liked the hours. My main complaint was the standing on a concrete floor for often 8 hours at a time with no stool.
Sam's Club
MEMBER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INApril 13, 2014
Good place to work, however, outside sales roles are compensated for travel at a minimum rate. No use of cell phone and no device to capture credit/debit transactions which hinders sales and member service.
busy customer service atmosphere
Cashier/Cart Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 13, 2014
communicated with customers when needed
assisted with other departments when needed.
very proactive great hard working environment.
Meat Dept. Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 12, 2014
Great hard working establishment workers and customers were always friendly and eager to be on the job.
A Family company
Store Maintenance/Electronics/Meat Department (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2014
Pros: learning custumers services
Cons: have to be fast on your feet and think fast
It was a non-stop learning in every department and learn how to work with co-workers and customers. There were strong manager overseeing the entire store. The co-workers loved me working with them. The hardest part of the job is learning something new over a day. I love to sell and help many custumers on the floor.
productive,friendly co-works fun place to work
TMA (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches on birthdays
Cons: never had a problem with anything sams club afford me
love to work at sams club, great company,more opportunities to move up at sams club i would to work for sams club again.
it was ok
Merchandiser (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 11, 2014
I wouldn't work there again due to poor management. The managers never want to help you when you need help
Warwick, RI store is staffed with Excellent Management that values the employees
CASHIER (Current Employee), Warwick, RIApril 11, 2014
Co-workers work as a team - everyone tries to help each other instead of just standing around when they don't have a customer. That included straighten things out to making sure every cashier section shines. You look forward to going to work because you knew that - for the most part - everyone was in a positive, good mood and you would laugh and have – more... fun while doing your job. The team atmosphere made the working hours fly by. – less
Fun And Exciting
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 10, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Who doesn't love Sams Club? The best job i ever had. Nothing hard about this job, just make sure you're a good sales person because selling a PLUS is a awesome feeling.
employees were nice and so were the managers
Cashier (Former Employee), Hickory, NCApril 10, 2014
The customers were very friendly.
We always stayed busy.
Great Company to work for.
Fun work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Lima, OHApril 10, 2014
Very good training system.
Management could use some improving. Often not around to help with questions from members and does not perform well when busy.
Co-works always go out of the way to help one another out, whether that be questions or scheduling.
The hardest part of this job would be selling the plus memberships.
The most enjoyable part of working – more... at Sam's Club would be working with the customers. – less
n/a
Cashier associate (Former Employee), Pearl City, HIApril 9, 2014
Pros: money handling, service with a smile, fast pace enviornment
Cons: labor
Cashier.

Learned how to collect payment and work well under pressure.

Management was kind. Somewhat lenient.

I had a lot of co-workers. Mostly younger, just out of high school or college students.

The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for 8 hours straight but you get used to it after a while.

The most enjoyable part of the job is – more... meeting new people of all aspect of life everyday. – less
good place to work
Registers/Produce associate (Current Employee), Beckley, WVApril 9, 2014
fun people to work with management is good company treats most everyone good pay isn't to bad
I love it
Cashier (Former Employee), McAllen, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: only 30 min lunch
Working at Sam's is awesome, but I guess it depends who you work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

Even folks over 21 get carded at Sam's Club, the #2 US warehouse club chain (behind Costco). A division of Wal-Mart Stores┬ásince – Read more