Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 6,651 reviews matching the search
amazing people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAFebruary 20, 2017
I absolutely love working with the people there and the customers have always been nothing but nice to me but personally, I didn't like management they weren't very fair or nice especially when you haven't gotten however many prompts they wanted they made me feel really bad about it
Cons
one 15 minute break unless you hit 6 hours
A great company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoy helping members with credit apps and upgrades..
The hardest part of my job was nothing I enjoyed my job.
What I learned was a smile will take you a long way.
a work day
Produce Stocker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 19, 2017
A work day for me is to come in with a positive mindset and a good profit/value for the company and being able to come back another.
Pros
hours
Cons
short brakes
Hard Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 19, 2017
customer service and cashiering a typical day consist of opening at 7am ringing up customers and transferring all items in to separate carts. You also are required to influence members to upgrade to a more expensive membership.
Café Associate (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Work is usually busy. Some days are difficult due to the lack of staff or some workers don't do their job right. I learned to work quicker and harder.
good and friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLFebruary 19, 2017
enjoyed meeting and helping customers. I didnt like the pressure i was put under as a cashier when it was time to sale programs to the customers
Pros
helping customers
Cons
seling programs to customers
Regret Leaving This Company
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Man, do I regret leaving this company after 7 years! Awesome pay and benefits and can become quite cushy in just a few years if you play your cards right! I would do anything to be back with these people!
Pros
Great benefits, good work/life balance, job security, flexible hours
Decent Place to Work
Café Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 19, 2017
The managers don't really care about you at work, but it is a good work environment. You will meet some great people and friends. They are flexible with your schedule.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
work hours before getting a lunch
Grueling hours, with little management support
Cart Associate (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYFebruary 19, 2017
My time in Sam's Club was largely negative. The management team was largely uninterested in the Cart Associate's concerns, to the point of only recognizing employees when they were in uniform. There was a definite implication that Cart Associates were hired in batches, overworked until they all resigned, and then a new batch would be hired.
Stressful place to work.
Member greater (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Unfair place to work Managers show favoritism toward employees. intimate involvement between managers & co workers but still has not been investigated
Pros
Good job benifits.
Cons
Unfair Managers, late breaks imature managers, racism
fun place - team work enviroment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAFebruary 17, 2017
The benefits were cut just as all employee hours. I needed to leave for a job that had more stable work hours

I learned more about checking in merchandise, The best part of the job was the interaction with the customers.

I would clock in check with the floor manager, straighten and set up new signage for the clothing department. Checked in new merchandise, walked along with fork lift to protect customers from getting hurt.
Greeted customers and checked membership cards.
Pros
Great team work environment
Cons
short hours, no full time, no benefits
Work/Life balance non existent for managers
Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 16, 2017
Good company if you drink the Kool-Aid and eat and breath Sam's Club. If you are wanting somewhere with a lot of potential for advancement but don't want to work in the retail scene this is not it. There are opportunities in the back office but they are few and far between and typically someone is already marked for them before they are posted so you have little to no shot.
It's okay but...
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Budd Lake, NJFebruary 16, 2017
They put a lot of pressure on you to get people to sign up for credit cards & upgrading their membership. & everything is really heavy so be prepared to have a messed up back lol.
Pros
Nice coworkers, free food sometimes, FREE SAMPLES lol
Cons
High stress, not full time, heavy lifting
Life At The Club
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILFebruary 16, 2017
As a supervisor, Your day is filled of ongoing questions, non stop movement, maybe running, Initiative job authorized responsibilities, price checks after price checks and many more when dealing and working in a retail job environment. But, as days, weeks, months, years go by, you tend to find your own personal reason on loving the job that you do to make each and every member happy and satisfied. When working so long and being familiar with faces, you gain those regulars that greet you everyday you are then whether your days are good or bad. From the coworkers you tend to gain bonds with to the members that come that you have mutual connections with that can also help you, Sam's Club becomes a great fun filled but worked environment.
A Fun and Great Work Environment
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 16, 2017
I really enjoyed my time here, met alot of great people. Great supervision, and management. It was a team emphasis here, we all helped eachother the best we could with our tasks and objectives.
not a pleasant place to work
Membership desk specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 16, 2017
no help at the desk when needed, short staffed, and no help form management. a hard and exhausting day. late breaks and lunches.
Cons
late lunch no benefits
is good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTFebruary 16, 2017
is good place to work as cashier u will be able to use your skill to sell membership and management are good and friendly when u have problem they help
Nice Place to work at , Friendly Guests
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCFebruary 15, 2017
At work I come in and wait for someone to open my cashier draw, count down & start my work day . The customers come up friendly with a smile and leave with a smile
Never a slow day
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Sam's club was a great job. Te only problem I had was that for a job that has one of the highest minimum wages, that they would hire better employees, not the case. so on a normal day i would do two to three other jobs on top of mine. I personally didn't mind the overtime hours. you just cant help but lose hope in your other employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Other associates work ehics
Very good job, just the supervisor were just so mean they had me doing things that a man supposed to do lifting heavy materials everyday.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Horable work place. Management it's ok just show that some of the management have there favorites. Have women doing men job lifting heavy materials up to 50 to 70 pounds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.