Sam's Club
3,357 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2014
Assisted customers with checking out groceries. the most enjoyable part was putting a smile on customers faces.
Excellent environment to work in
Cashier (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 20, 2014
Pros: awesome members
Cons: part time
The club manager is an amazing man to work for, he makes sure to know all who works for him. Love working for people who are so nice and being able to intact with people. The hardest part of my job is seeing a member walk out of the store disappointed. The management at Sam's Club is amazing they work with you so well.
A great environment and good place to start
Membership Service Associate (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TexasAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free membership, great environment to work in
Cons: lack of full time positions
A typical day at work includes taking care of our members. This task is not always easy, it takes a certain type of person. This person must have patients and passion to make a member completely satisfied. On a typical day I am responsible for selling and creating memberships, taking credit card payments, checking members out, running reports, keeping – more... a clean and organized work environment, and correcting membership issues. I have learned how to satisfy an unhappy member. The hardest part of my job is when I can't meet a members satisfaction due to policy guidelines. I have great co-worker and make friends easily. I have a great manager and have created a special bond with her. – less
Each Club has a Different atmosphere...
Manager (Current Employee), CTAugust 20, 2014
Pros: usualy promote from the inside
Cons: heathcare sucks! family life sucks! but it is retail
It all starts from the top down. Sam's Club was built on respect for the individual and in parts of the country its followed. I had a great experience working for Sam's Club on the west coast. The GM and managers took me under their wing and trained me or what they call it "coached me" to be a leader in each of my departments so I can get promoted. – more... I had to move to the east coast, the company allowed me to transfer. It was not an easy task, I had to call the local clubs daily to see if they would have anything available for me. After 2 months I had my GM call the club and speak to the GM on the east coast and that how my transfer happened or I would of been out of a job.
East Coast Clubs- Very different. All starts with the GM. He or she makes the environment in the club. Less of a leader and promoter with in and more of a army general. Is it a good company to work for?? If you're a hard worker and you're willing to devote your time to Sam's Club you'll move up in the hourly world. Salary might take you a few years depending on what part of the country you're in. – less
Can occasionally be a fast pace environment, works with your availabilty to give you the hours you need.
Tire Center Member Service Cashier (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 20, 2014
Working there for years you will get to know a lot of people and local business owners. I have learned quite a bit working at Sam's Club, especially working in the tire center. You will learn things fast and they will teach you the things you need. The hardest part of working there is keeping up on the consistency of up-selling of memberships.
Its a Walmart company
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Maplewood, MOAugust 20, 2014
If youve been in a walmart or Sams Club you understand how busy and over crowded they can be. Working in the tire department is not as stressfull as being a cashier, but frequently we would the spillage of impatient customers.
If they like you, you will go up
Member Service Cashier (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLAugust 20, 2014
Pros: advance in position
Cons: no communications between department
If you are a hard working person, you will be promoted to different position.
pays slightly better than walmart
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free or discounted membership
Cons: hard to get full time
They want you to treat your job there as if it were a full time job. But hey refuse to give you full time hours or benefits. Liked my managers overall though
Great coworkers horrible management
Cake decorator (Former Employee), Raymore, MOAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great dental and vision insurance if you are able to get it
Cons: bad hours, bad pay, rude managers, rude customers
Sam's club is infamous for understaffing, under paying, and over working. Unless you are a full-time employee, which is so rare that almost no one is, you are not guaranteed that many hours or stable hours. one week you may have 30 then next 12. The associates that work there are friendly and a joy to work with, some new management have been invoked – more... that have brought moral down within the "club." it use to be fun working there until new managers were brought in, the old managers made the associates feel appreciated and were talked to with respect, the new managers occasionally yell at associates in front of other associates and even shoppers. they don't really make them feel appreciated. – less
Its Sam's club
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTAugust 19, 2014
Pros: they really take care of the associates
Cons: dont always have enough people working
The out of store managers were great with support. They really offer a lot of support for associates with additional or special needs.
Very Productive and stress free work place
Cashier Lead (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 19, 2014
Cons: healthcare
Responsible for members returns, exchanges, merchandise credits, check authorization. Conducted memership enrollment as well as trained customer services peers.Assisted store management with maintainng appropriate floor coverage through peak, business hours. Maintained compliance of Safety Standards and Regulation for handling Gas.Resonsible for the – more... First in First Out restock of inventory. – less
Okay job, worked with good people.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: steady place to work.
Cons: raises are small.
This was a good job. Set schedule and steady pay. Employees are good people.
organized team and always being happy to help members
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunch
Cons: healthcare after one year, not flexible
I love that everyone works together to get goals done, everyone is always happy to help members in leading them in the right direction of an item or even just providing a nice greeting. our management team is always challenging us to make sales and upgrading members to something that benefits them most.
Enjoyed serving for my country.
Freezer/Cooler Stocker (Former Employee), Albany, GAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: enjoyed riding the forklift. loved the freedom of the job.
Cons: warehouse climates and can be very cold or very hot.
Worked in a friendly family envirnment. I caught on quickly and had the oppotunity to move up to management quickly. Co-workers were vert friedly and team players. I disliked being short of help and having to unload stock by myself.
I like my job.
Member services (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 16, 2014
I drove a forklift and was responsible for restocking the floor and helping customers with all there questions and needs. I sometimes help loaded customers cars for them. I helped audit the store from time to time.I helped build displays and end caps.
FUN WORK PLACE WITH HARD WORKING PEOPLE
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLAugust 15, 2014
OVERALL GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH I ENJOYED MY JOB, THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS CONSTANTLY CUTTING MY HOURS TO 1 OR 2 DAYS A WEEK BUT I ENJOYED LEARNING NEW THINGS
Not worth it
Cashier (Former Employee), Shenandoah, TXAugust 15, 2014
Sam's Club never had enough coverage for the store unless it was after hours. During the day, if you need a manager's help, they are never available; if you need a break, there was never enough coverage; they always tried to have you hurry back on the floor especially while on lunch.
Short hours
Cashier (Former Employee), Pearl City, HIAugust 14, 2014
Pros: learning variety things.
Cons: never the same schedule..
Short hours, sometimes you do not even make 30 hours a week. Coworkers used to grumble about days off. Learned variety things working for sams club. Coworkers used to grumble about doing flatbed cashiering or wagon cashiering.
no time schedule
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), sugarland TXAugust 14, 2014
they want you to work late as part time but won't hire you as full time so you won't get full benefit as full time employee.
Productive fun work place
Accounting Lead (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 14, 2014
Great place to be employed, Great benefits!! Awesome management team!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more