Sam's Club

4.9K reviews

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace with productive employees and excellent leadership.
Menber Services (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 29, 2015
I am responsible for reviewing members' receipts for accuracy to protect the assets of the corporation and to ensure there are no under or over charges.
Love Them
Cafe Associate (Former Employee), Naples, FLAugust 29, 2015
Work was always fun, they always had things going on at work for the workers. Managers were always understanding, and made sure there workers were okay.
learning experience
facility maintenance (Current Employee), Exton, PAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: membership
Cons: membership
my review on working for sam's club, i worked there, for a year, when you work somewhere, you never been to before, you'd be suprised what you can learn. my review of this store, they're a good place work for and have great deals
Jack of all trades
Cafe Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2015
While working for Sam's Club, I was able to learn a bit of every department that was there. From cafe to baking, there was always something new to learn.
Fast-Paced area where I worked, I loved it.
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norman, OKAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced
Cons: Associates
I love having a fast-paced job keeps you busy for your work shift. Not very much down time ever.

Hardest part of the job is they don't really rehire often so when you get 4 trucks in to stock by yourself and your still trying to learn the job...gets pretty stressful. Then you get stressed and make some mistakes and instead of a coworker helping you out they go straight to a manager and report you.
optical
Customer Service, Optician (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 28, 2015
i loved working in the optical. The doctor was a pleasure, my fellow colleagues were a pleasure and i was very sad when it came time to leave.
Great people and great place to work
Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great discount and friendly people
Cons: No cones
I worked in electronics but often worked all over the store. Great place to interact with customers and their employees. Management and coworkers were awesome. The hardest part of this job was having to go home.
Can be stressful
Cashier (Current Employee), Apopka, FLAugust 27, 2015
In the beginning they made it seem like this would be a really good place to work but it was the total opposite once you start working here. The management team sucks! They don't like to work around schedules especially when you have other obligations outside of work. They don't like to help with anything and they lack communication skills.
great place to work.
Meat Processor (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: free club card, yearly bonus.
Cons: pay raise.
Been here 8 years grown in the company coworkers
are hard workers and management leaves you alone if your working
and helping members needs.
sams club
cashier (Former Employee), greenwood IndianaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: you get 3 breaks
Cons: upgrades are tough
From this job I learned:

- How to talk people into upgrading from a standard membership to a plus by knowing information about sams club.
- Interact with customers

Management:

- At sams club the front line managers are always stressed, and put a lot of pressure on the cashier to get plus so they know their job is safe.

- The hardest part of the job is to get people to pay $55 to upgrade their membership, because not everyone wants to upgrade.

- The most enjoyable thing about sams club is that all the cashiers normally work together to reach daily goals so you are not alone.
I enjoyed working there.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VA.August 27, 2015
I left for a better opportunity and pay. I started as customer service but left for the meat department for a trade. As a butcher in training I would have better opportunities but they did not have an apprenticeship. When I left for Food Lion I was promised a pay raise and an apprenticeship when the classes became available. Furthermore, Food Lion was within walking distance from my home. There seemed to be more pros then cons at Food Lion but Sams Club said that I was welcome to return and they hated to see me go.
Most the time a nice place to work
Grocery Associate (Current Employee), florence South carolinaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: reduced sams club card cost
Cons: Expect full time work with part time pay and hours
Expected to do a full time job on part time hours and pay. Management is so afraid of corporate inspections employees are usually overworked, stressed and there is not good repore or incentive to do well and no team feel like most jobs.
It was a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), eleabethtown kyAugust 27, 2015
Pros: frendly people
Cons: no enough hours sometimes
I worked about 20 to 25 hrs a week. It was a good job but I need something with a few more hours if possible. My co-workers were great and very friendly. The job was always changing. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting. I enjoyed the atmosphere.
Fun Place to work
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Sunrise FLAugust 26, 2015
Enjoy working with a team environment.

Schedule was limited hours, however in the time i worked i learned and met so many people.
great benefits poor management
Assist members (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor management
This company has one of the best benefits packages available. The management team does not work together with other departments or with their own team. There is a company wide disconnection
Great place to work i will go back
Tire and Battery (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Try to reward everyone on a great job.
Cons: some times we get hours cut off
I love waking up everyday and going to work. I learn a lot in less then a year. My management was great to me when i was there. I got along with everyone. I don't think i had anything here that it was hard for me to learn. The best part and enjoyable of this job was to be there and be part of the sam's club team.
Fun environment to work in. Often told to work multiple positions in one shift
Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Rapid City South DakotaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours for school, above minimum pay.
Cons: management, covering multiple jobs in one shift
Fun work place with friendly employees. Management's number one priority is numbers. Very understaffed and required to follow the schedule accurately, but the scheduler misses certain positions so other employees have to cover that area. I have learned a lot for m this company, through the employees and different jobs I was able to do.
a good place to learn and development different skills
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 25, 2015
good people to be around fun and up beat work place.you get to know some of the customers and your employees.there really wasnt a hard part on the job
great company
Merchandiser/Stocker (Former Employee), Tucker, GAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch every other week
Cons: no cons
Great Company to work for enjoyed learning all the skills i was taught. Working was never a issue communication was at a high level. My-self along with others performed team tasked as well as individual tasks
Enjoyed working there
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), State College, PAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Management and co-workers great to work with. Don't offer great benefits but still a good work environment. Being a corporation comes with some red tape and advancement is hard.
Industry