Sam's Club
3,383 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

Productivre
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2014
Sam's club is a place where I learned dealing with customers on a daily basis. What made the job fun is my co-workers and the team I worked with. A typical day at work would be cutting meat to its company or customers standards. the most enjoyable part of the job is explaining the different types of meats and cuts to a customer.
Okay place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 29, 2014
Sam's is okay, management isn't very understanding. Big rift between the average worker and management.
Fun and Busy
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOAugust 29, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: working differnt hours each day
Love working with Sam"s Club They honor thier employees hard work and make u feel like a family.
very friendly workplace
cashier (Former Employee), Temple, PAAugust 28, 2014
when you walk in you are always greeted by someone. at Sam's club we were like a small family that looked out for each other.
Meet alot of people
Job Duties- Lead Forklift operator (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: fast at training
Cons: lack of management
Stock out product of member to come shop. Learned how to drive a forklift within a month of employment.
One of the best jobs I ever had
Electronics (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: fast pace and fun place to work
Cons: certain managers had their own agendas
For this job there was no typical day I got hired in as connection center. My job there was to maintain the connection center and organize everything within it. Handling customers and making sure that daily goals were meet was a big part of my day. When I wasn't doing that I was busy covering electronics or the photo center. When the day was done I – more... was to count down my drawer and turn in my keys. I was then put up for a full time position in electronics my typical days started out to be keeping electronics zoned, and making sure that customers were taken care of. When I wasn't busy with customers I was setting up new TV displays and making sure all daily projects were done. My coach (Manager) Rebecca then offered me the option to become a MIT in which she was teaching me to become a manager. At this point I was working electronics but also handling all other areas in the club ranging from electronics to the deli. During my day I would be assigned different task like designing a pod for the isles, finding the best products that would sell well, and assembling them. After close I would drive the forklift and drop different supplies that were needed. If additionally needed I would drop the steal and set up different end caps as part of my manager training. Hardest part of this job was keeping up with all the clubs needs and all the different areas. Most enjoyable part was everything. – less
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: pretty good place to work
Cons: its retail
Good people, good pay and decent health benefits. Sams takes pretty good care of all their employees.
Wal-Mart is better..
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2014
I worked at both areas in both establishments, and the morale in Wal-Mart for its associates is way better than that of Sam's... at least in the department I worked in... but that's just my own personal feelings, no one elses.
Job that keeps you busy and is fair to everyone
Floor worker, cashier, and sales associate (Former Employee), Akron, OHAugust 27, 2014
A typical day at work would be to stock any items that needed to be stocked but in between times you would also help customers find anything that they could not find or answer any questions that is needed.
fast pace, high energy working environment
Sales Assocate (Current Employee), Normal, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good hours, good pay, ok benefits
Cons: department preferences not honored and micromangement
The experience is great. You meet all kinds of different people from business owners to everyday people. same with co-workers also. If you are into fast paced work environments and meeting new people. Then this is the perfect job. Even if you are working part-time there are no shortage of hours, just depends on availability. Your pay is based on your – more... work experience. This job also requires selling membership upgrades and credit with MasterCard. Selling is critical with this job. – less
Working For Sam's Club
Cashier (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: work around your school schedule
Cons: pay, benefits, hours, stress
Sam's Club is a decent company to work for. The downside is the lack of pay, benefits, and hours. They expect you to work hard in order to fatten their pockets, while you're constantly living paycheck to paycheck. It's stressful and I'm only at the cashier level.
hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 27, 2014
Pros: diverse
Cons: no pay, always cutting hours
The company does not give their employees any hours. Walmart Inc. is sort of a good company to work for but need more benefits to pay their employees.
Productive and adaptive learning environment
Front End-Cashier (Current Employee), Fishkill, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: frequent parties for employees
Cons: waiting period for medical healthcare is too long.
Hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting. But the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
Very little respect
Cashier (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: it's a paycheck
Cons: no respect!
Supervisors are horrible. Pushed to sell memberships and credit waaaaay too much. Sometimes to the point you feel you are being threatened for not selling enough. High turnover probably for this reason!
fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), Evanston, ILAugust 25, 2014
working at sam's club is really fun and you learn something new everyday
Productive work place that provides great life skills
Membership Chamion (Former Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 25, 2014
I enjoyed working at Sam's Club however after a couple years I was ready to move to a different company that offered me room to grow and move up. I gained a lot of life skills and knowledge working here and gained some great friendships out of it. Sam's Club was a wonderful place for me to start off and learn things like customers service and the life – more... of working in retail. – less
Awful
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Midwest City, OkAugust 25, 2014
It's Walmart. What more can be said? The management can't agree on anything.
good place to work
Deli Processor (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVAugust 25, 2014
kept busy
worked with great people
very high stress at times
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hard to get advancement
great working environment
management no so great
advancement is hard
great members
overall great job
Horrible place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTAugust 24, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: everything
Management does not listen to employees and treats you bad. the ones who work the hardest get the least recognition for anything. I would not recommend working here to anyone.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more