Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 6,222 reviews matching the search
Fun people
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TX 77477November 23, 2016
A typical day was difficult with little help from other supervisors or managers.

I learned a lot about organization, policy, people, and time management,

The management at the location in which I worked was almost nonexistent. Little to no help, or direction and a lot of blame was put on employees.

The people you work with are the best!

The hardest part of the job was work life balance and the compensation.

The most enjoyable portion of my day was seeing young people grow.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay, Benefits, work-life balance
Music is the key
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 30, 2016
Some days are more busy than others.To keep the paste up we play music nice music the workers and customers will enjoy. The hardest part about the job is the bulky items because they are so heavy it takes a little more man power and concentration to ring everything up accurately. The best part about working for Sam's club is the people and their great spirit also the mini parties we have for any old reason it gives you something to look forward to other than a regular day of work.
Pros
EXTRA HOURS
Cons
30 MIN LUNCH
Friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work would be getting to work on time and getting ready to start the day off with selling memberships cards. Management was highly skilled on training me to do my job correctly. The hardest part about my job was dealing with credit cards and up selling all membership cards. The most thing I enjoyed about my job was being able to interact with customers. I have learned a lot on this job, it taught me how to be a leader and to be observant.
worked as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 26, 2016
Cashier,waited on customers helped unload items if needed put items in cart or on flat bed cart.Zoned around registers. Also greeted customers as they came in the store. At closing zoned in areas where needed. Counted register when started shift and counted down when closing register when finished shift.Put returns away when asked. Management was good to work with.All the employees was great to work really nice.
Pros
membership card to get items of merchandise reasonible
Cons
wanted to ask everyone to get a credit card.
enjoyable and fast paced place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 5, 2016
I was a cashier in the tobacco dept. and also at the regular floor.
I would check people out once they had finished shopping. Time would fly by while working here, especially during our rush hours.
When I worked in the tobacco dept. I would give customers very high amounts of tobacco for their general stores or their independent gas stations. I was able to meet many different owners for different restaurants around the city, they would tell me about their establishments with pride and joy and I was able to see the love they had for what they did.
Productive and positive workplace, with caring coworkers.
Cart Partner (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CA 92211November 30, 2016
Sam's Club, all in all, was a wonderful place to work. Hours were never short, coworkers were respectful, and everyone looked out for each other. I learned a lot about responsibility and trust while working at Sam's Club, and I feel I grew as an individual, both personally and professional. The only bad thing I could say is that management were less than spectacular. They felt lazy and uncaring. Also, they rarely, if ever, enforced their policies and rules on a multitude of things that were stated when hired. Such as the dress code.
Pros
Good hours, Respectful co workers, Job Security
Cons
Lazy management
It was okay
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILNovember 20, 2016
Not much to say here. Just your average retail store. Pretty much a cross between a warehouse and a retail store. The employees NEED a union at this place along with the management. They claim that the employees don't want a union but the employees will tell you they want a union. The employees aren't your friends even though they act like it. A lot of backstabbing and talk behind employees backs.
Cons
needs a union, a lot of immature behavior, corporate will find any reason to get rid of emplyees in the middle of January AKA cleaing house
Not a bad place to work
Accounting Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 17, 2016
I was able to learn many different skills in the 14 1/2 years I worked for Sams Club and Walmart. I have become very unhappy with the way the company treats its employees on a personal level. It has become all about the company with little regard to an employees personal life. Example: I had to take FMLA for my mother, who did pass away during that leave. It took 3 weeks to have the leave approved. And I had 192 hours in an account to be paid out of just for this kind of thing. I have not seen any of that money even though the leave has been approved. Not happy with this company.
Formative and overall nice place to work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 18, 2016
A typical day at work for me. Is cleaning the shop, interacting with customers, hand to hand transactions, completing work orders such as: Rotating and Balancing tires, Changing batteries, windshields wipers and tires.
Things I've learned about management.
Managing a store take true dedication,hard-work,patients and communication.
The hardest part of my job in the beginning, was changing tires something so fundamental and can be somewhat complicated.
All honesty the most enjoyable part of my day is when I'am assisting customers
Pros
401k and dental benefits
Above average pay, decent amount of work hours.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 22, 2016
Typical day of work: consists of around averagely 8 hours of doing whatever you were assigned to be it cashier, cart pusher, door greeter, etc. I've learned to not be as open to helping others within a company stand point but to more so look out for myself as a person.
Management doesn't truly care for you unless you're a favorite in their eyes. Co-workers are the standard run of the mill workers, if you don't get on their bad case then you're safe. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to the end of the day and being able to get that paycheck after 2 weeks.
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
Favoritism is very strong in the company
It was a pretty good place to work
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 5, 2016
Sam's Club was a fast paced environment that would definitely keep you busy especially on Sundays because of the lesser hours. I really enjoyed working here because I was able to advance from being a cashier to the grocery department. I liked being able to challenge myself and learn where everything is so that way when someone asks me I just blurt it out. The co-workers were awesome would give you a hand at the drop of a dime and really liked being able to be out on the floor and not just stuck behind the register.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Pay, Scheduling
Challenging
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NY 10523November 30, 2016
It was a job when an income was needed. I did welcome the physical work expected of big warehouse stores because it kept me fit. The experience itself was good in spite of the fact that consumers have a general tendency to think that staff and employees of such stores do not have formal education and training. Never will be my first choice to work at again.
Pros
The experience itself (positive and negative).
Cons
That staff is treated as high school dropouts.
Very productive and fun place to work....i have to say i do love my job there
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INNovember 30, 2016
Love this place not only to work at but to also shop as well, love my co workers as well they are awesome sauce! The scan and go app is a very convient way to pay without having to stand in line, the door greeters are awesome, and if there is somethin that you are requesting the club management team will do their best to get what you are requesting, an all an all great place
Pros
They feed us and have fun competitions
Cons
Sometimes hours get cut and that affects my check, but what job dont do that from time to time when needed
Was an overall pleasant experience.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYDecember 1, 2016
After all of the computer based learning for the position hired for,the position wasn't too bad, except for the transfering from cart, flatbed, to other cart, flatbed. Some of the items were over 50 lbs. Takes a toll after a while. I did get compensated when I broke my ankle, before I went to work. It was half of what I was making but it was better than not getting help. There's a lot of good people that work at sams club. It's not a job for the weak.
Pros
THE PAY WAS A LITTLE MORE THAN MINUMUM WAGE, NOT OPEN ON CHRISTMAS, EASTER OR THANKSGIVING.
Cons
ALL OF THE LIFTING ON A CONSTANT BASIS.
Fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 5, 2016
Everyone was nice to work with and very helpful. I learned a lot about customer service and dealing with the different types of people that came into my line everyday. Management was friendly however, there seemed to be some lapses in communication that caused unnecessary problems. The job was not difficult just minor inconveniences such as having to help with the carts when the weather was bad and things of that nature. The most enjoyable part of my job was making friends with my coworkers and also the customers that visited on a regular basis.
Pros
Free lunches when the store as a whole did something right.
Cons
Bad benefits, short lunches, miscommunication errors.
Management with no clue
Memeber Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 5, 2016
I've worked for both Walmart and Sam's Club, and everyone else would believe that the latter is better. But the management have no clue what's going on, they do not know how to manage their people, and member Service is horrible. They treat employees with disdain, which compared to Walmart, ranks the lower of the two sister companies. Walmart is better on both associates and customers.
Pros
Starting rate of pay is slightly higher than other retail.
Cons
Breaks and lunches are nearly unheard of.
Good people but tough workplace.
Cart Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALNovember 2, 2016
SAMs Club is a retail store with plenty of good and interesting people working there. The workforce tends to be very friendly and as helpful as they can get. The work does tend to be a little rough, though. Some days are simple and steady, but many can be rough due to the amount of people that come through. This is a retail job, so dealing with customers if you are a cashier or stocking the pallets of merchandise if you are on the floor. It can be hard, specially whenever the management (who are very friendly) expect the impossible.
Pros
Friendly. Always above minimum wage.
Cons
Almost always part-time only.
Management locks you into one shift, hope you like it
Café Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 31, 2016
Generally, on closing duty in the Café, you would only be scheduled to close with one other employee. This wouldn't be a problem if the Café didn't cover such a large area - the amount of work closers had to do was simply too much. Even if management allowed closing early, it was still rare to leave on time.
Pros
Store discounts, free Membership card
Cons
Management over the Café was terrible at its job, didn't listen to employees or customers
Awesome place to work and friendly work place for the most part.
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 3, 2016
I enjoyed my experience working with Sam's Club for the most part. When I started at overnights as a night stocker my supervisor was very rude to me and I didn't get along with a few of my coworkers. So I ended up switching over to days working as a cart pusher and my experience changed for the better. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and interacting with customers again. What I learned from my experience with Sam's Club is that sometimes you've got to deal with difficult people in order to earn a paycheck but that it gets better.
Pros
Alot of friendly people on the day shift. Interacting with customers is very enjoyable.
Cons
A few people on the overnight shift can be difficult
Productive place to work and easy to grow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23231October 29, 2016
cashiering is pretty easy but sometimes the customers make it hard. Especially at 4788. I leaned you have to kiss behind to be recognized for advancement, also you get pentalized for speaking your mind. Management is a little rocky, you know when managers have their favorites. Co-workers are cool but they talk behind your back, and most of them dont move at the same pace you move at. the hardest pat is transferring from cart to cart or flatbed to flatbed. The most enjoyable part is when we had contest for promoting plus memeberships.
Pros
pay isnt to bad and closing at 8:30 is great
Cons
wearing that ugly vest or forgetting your name tag

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.