Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Typical entry level work
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILOctober 21, 2017
My time there was generally uneventful and it was usually easy to put in my hours and go home. Occasionally there would be problems with under staffing or out of service equipment, but overall it was a straightforward job.
fun environment towork in
Door Greeter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 21, 2017
management was very personable. there are advancement opportunities and the ability to change departments. they gave you a membership but you still had to pay for it
Pros
great work environment
Cons
low pay and no benefits
Customer service
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 21, 2017
Working at Sam's club has its ups and downs. For each person its different how they get hired/ offered the job. Everything is always changing and you always have to be ready and on top of things
very laid back
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILOctober 21, 2017
Managers do a poor job of supervising and they were often short handed. Store ended up closing. I enjoyed working with many of the employees and they are easy to get along with but they have lots of lazy employees.
Pros
occasionally provided lunch
Cons
often times short handed
so much stress for supervisors
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2017
as a supervisor i had to pick up 5 different positions slacks to help run breaks do change order for at least 25-40 people per shift. then having to do the managers jobs because they where to busy then we would get written up for not being able to do what the managers could not do. left a bad taste in my mouth for retail.
producktive fun workplace
Sales floors (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 21, 2017
all the management are great no complain nothing to said anymore I was happy when I was there... Productive fun workplace I learn a lot there I love all my bosses
great place to met different cultures
Demo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAOctober 21, 2017
I would work there again . I enjoyed my time at Sam's Club. I was fun learning new products and how to explain them to people to get them to buy them.
Pros
great part time job
Cons
cant think of any
Sam's Club
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 20, 2017
Cafe Worker.
Made Pizzas
Worked with others well
Long hours on feet.
Cleaning
Inventory
Waited on people everyday.
Cleaned and did inventory on a daily basis
Put up truck when needed.
Pros
nice enviornment
stressful
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 20, 2017
A typical day starts with food prep. The cafe opened at 10 am. Management is bad. The feeling I get is that it's all about a paycheck.The hardest part of the job was not getting support from managers.
Better than Walmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCOctober 20, 2017
Though they are under the same corporation Sam's Club is overall a better environment for employment, better customers, better coworkers, more consistent management staff.
Strict
Demo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVOctober 19, 2017
They follow the "Customer is always right" slogan, so even if you are following protocol, if the customer doesnt like that, you will be fired. its a very stressful job.
Pros
Cons
stress
Sam's needs better Management .
Gas Station Partner (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALOctober 19, 2017
Sam's has a hard time keeping Managers.

Just poor Management is there biggest down fall.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was time to get off.
Pros
They would work with you if you needed time off for Families, or Dr. Appointments
Cons
Poor under management.
Fast paced, regimented, drudgery job.
Events Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHOctober 19, 2017
It is a very menial drudgery job. We have to not only demonstrate and market the products, but also have to clean and polish the carts. Sometimes we have to lift heavy objects such as stoves and cookware. We are not allowed to express our individuality. If we wear the wrong jewelry or underwear other than white or beige, we get written up and threatened with termination. We have to state the assigned times we worked, not the actual times we worked. Such as if we came in a few minutes early to prepare for a complex demo or stayed a few minutes late to clean up and put the stock back. We are not allowed to state those times on our call report. Yet if we work within our scheduled time frame, but the food is not prepped correctly, or we are not on the floor within 15 minutes of our arrival or if we leave on time, but the cart and dishes are not 200% perfect, we get reprimanded.
Pros
Barely none. A few dollars after taxes are taken out
Cons
No salary increases, no paid time off, not enough work hours even after building up seniority, No kind words or compliments ever from the supervisors
It was bearable.
Cashier/Door Greeter (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 19, 2017
I was hired as a cashier and was moved to being a door greeter. I asked to be moved back to cashier because I did not like the door. They told me they would but haven’t yet, that was over two months ago.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Management was horrible, but I enjoyed my coworkers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 19, 2017
I would have enjoyed my job if we were properly trained. At Sam's Club, the expect you to know everything after you take your CBLs. That was almost never the case. They also showed favorites which is extremely discouraging. I had a manager who did not talk to me unless I got a plus upgrade of a credit. Then when I wanted to switch departments in the store, I had to jump through rings of fire and still did not get to switch. I understand all stores are not like this, but my experience, I never want to work for a Walmart company again! Being a cashier, you stand in one place for hours, you begin to feel like a droid asking the same questions to each customer, then if you do not succeed, they try to cut your hours. I totally do not recommend working here.
Pros
Discounts on produce
Cons
Overworked, poor management, favoritism is apparent
Productive, balanced fast- Paced
Cashier & Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLOctober 19, 2017
This job was a fun place to work, the people I worked with were awesome. There were bumps in the road but everything that I ever had an issue with was addressed and taken care of. Pay could of been a little better and hours would of been like. But I never had a problem with working here. Highly recommend working here.
fast pace place to work in.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 19, 2017
When I started working at Sam's Club I enjoyed it. But like a month later they started changing my schedule while I was off on my off days and they wouldn't called and tell me that they had change my shift and also i would have to close the cafe at night by myself with no help and clean up the cafe with no help. So I think that wasn't fair to me.
Pros
pay was good, paid vacation, and the stocks.
Cons
maybe a 30 minute lunch, no help closing the cafe at night. I had to do it by myself everynight.
Can be a Productive & fun work place. Most everyone gets along.
Member Greeter (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 19, 2017
Can be very busy, Consistency with communication can sometimes be an issue. Not everyone gets the same info from the same person. Good commerotary amongst co workers.
Pros
Free standard membership
Cons
Prefer to give part-time positions.
Fun and easy environment
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 18, 2017
An opening shift in my position is 5am- 1:30pm and the usual closing shift would be 1pm-9:30pm. The work environment is great. Management is good and your co workers are even better.
Pros
Great wok environment
Cons
Not enough full time spots open
Good Place to work
Senior Program Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 18, 2017
Too much of a south mentality, lack of global view of where things are evolving.

Decent management, nothing else to say but advancement opportunities are often limited.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.