Sam's Club
3,343 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

Okay job, worked with good people.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: steady place to work.
Cons: raises are small.
This was a good job. Set schedule and steady pay. Employees are good people.
organized team and always being happy to help members
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunch
Cons: healthcare after one year, not flexible
I love that everyone works together to get goals done, everyone is always happy to help members in leading them in the right direction of an item or even just providing a nice greeting. our management team is always challenging us to make sales and upgrading members to something that benefits them most.
Enjoyed serving for my country.
Freezer/Cooler Stocker (Former Employee), Albany, GAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: enjoyed riding the forklift. loved the freedom of the job.
Cons: warehouse climates and can be very cold or very hot.
Worked in a friendly family envirnment. I caught on quickly and had the oppotunity to move up to management quickly. Co-workers were vert friedly and team players. I disliked being short of help and having to unload stock by myself.
I like my job.
Member services (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 16, 2014
I drove a forklift and was responsible for restocking the floor and helping customers with all there questions and needs. I sometimes help loaded customers cars for them. I helped audit the store from time to time.I helped build displays and end caps.
FUN WORK PLACE WITH HARD WORKING PEOPLE
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLAugust 15, 2014
OVERALL GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH I ENJOYED MY JOB, THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS CONSTANTLY CUTTING MY HOURS TO 1 OR 2 DAYS A WEEK BUT I ENJOYED LEARNING NEW THINGS
Not worth it
Cashier (Former Employee), Shenandoah, TXAugust 15, 2014
Sam's Club never had enough coverage for the store unless it was after hours. During the day, if you need a manager's help, they are never available; if you need a break, there was never enough coverage; they always tried to have you hurry back on the floor especially while on lunch.
Short hours
Cashier (Former Employee), Pearl City, HIAugust 14, 2014
Pros: learning variety things.
Cons: never the same schedule..
Short hours, sometimes you do not even make 30 hours a week. Coworkers used to grumble about days off. Learned variety things working for sams club. Coworkers used to grumble about doing flatbed cashiering or wagon cashiering.
Productive fun work place
Accounting Lead (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 14, 2014
Great place to be employed, Great benefits!! Awesome management team!!
fun and experinces
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 14, 2014
a typical day at work we start to come here at 10:30 or 11: 45 am and work untill 6 pm. it very fun to work here because I learned how to be more success on my own within saling conpany's products. On every Sat we are very buzy and may work over time because a lot of customers comes in this day. The hardest part for this job is to be able to stand in – more... one place for along period of day AND the most enjoyable part of the job is to practice your comunications saling skills deal with the customers and get them inspired with the company's product. – less
Management was horrible I do not know how it is now but then it was not good.
Cafe Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch most of the time, my co-workers, and my discount.
Cons: management wasn't on the same page, work over load, and environment.
They wanted you to work full time hours for part time pay and benefits.
Assisted in Carts and Helping the store flow.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Miramar, FlAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed the environment because it allowed me to meet new people and it allowed me to understand the true value of customer service.
fun people
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), exton paAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good co works
Cons: healthcare
i loved helping my customers i always came to work 20min early and leave late to make sure everything was do propoly
high turnover rate between employees and managers
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2014
Pros: learned how to work in a store under high volumes of stress
Cons: unclear on what i was suppost to be doing at all times. new bosses all the time
There were always new tasks being tacked onto the job, typically drove a forklift a stoked shelves for the designated area. helped on projects and with other tasks.
Already explained
Baker (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 12, 2014
Already explained in the other bulletin - please read that review!
Fast-paced environment with strict but manageable goals.
CASHIER (Former Employee), MattesonAugust 12, 2014
Pros: opportunity to market the company's discounts
Cons: insufficiently flexible with school accommodation
My job at Sams' Club required me to use the cash register. Sams' Club was generally busy so being on time was vital. Money was generated for the club through the customer's membership. It was our duty to not only ring out customer but to upgrade their membership and offer credit card sign ups. This part of the job was a requirement. Our daily quota – more... was to get 1 plus membership and 3 credit card sign ups a shift. This allowed me to practice with my "face to face" interactions with customers and the ability to demonstrate the company's benefits. My co-workers and management were all friendly and very cooperative with any difficulties I had. The hardest part of the job was convincing customers to pay an additional fee to shop at the store. Despite the Plus membership offering many great discounts and frequent privileges to those who had it, it still cost the consumer more money. With Sams' Club always being busy with long lines and impatient customers sometimes offering the Plus membership was very challenging. The most rewarding part of the job was the ability to further refined my sales marketing skills. – less
Great People
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great advancement oppurtunities
Cons: short breaks
I love working here and working with people. Always have a positive attitude and a smile.
friendly and teamwork oriented place to work
Electronic Associate (Current Employee), Kentwood, MIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: scheduling
Sam's club is and enjoyable place to work because I get to help people on a daily basis. I get to explain the ins and outs of electronics to assist our members in finding the perfect fit for them and their families.
Good Job Opportunity
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: need to have better perks for cart/outside personal.
I enjoyed working at Sam's Club. I enjoyed being outside assisting customers. I did not like working outside when it rained.
Place thats still in the works
Stocking cooler/Freezer/Bread (Current Employee), Goshen, INAugust 12, 2014
Pros: random lunches, prizes, a bit of freedom in how you go about your day, place is being referbished slowly
Cons: lack of direction no ones willing to teach unless you prod them alot to do so, alot of equipment is vary old, confusing and inconstant management with there directions and wants
For 25+ years this poor club has been trying to make the best out of a bad situation. Ive only worked for the last 2 of these years
The club was suppose to be some where else but they messed up the paper work and have been stuck at there current location.
Home office refuses to upgrade us even thou we are the top 20 clubs out of 2-300 clubs in the US – more... They just barely granted us a new roof this year that was 8+ years out of date and leaked like a cive when it rained.
All of our equipment is overly out of date but as of right now the current GM is getting things slowly but surly up to date. But with a cost. Our numbers have gone up in sales but employee haplessness has gone down quite a bit (alof of that is a mix of home office and new GM's idea that he owns the place and can do what ever he wants). If your going for a job here, apply at the night shift or floor jobs. There you have the most freedom and less problems to deal with. Where as being a cashier or even a door greeter you will be forced and challenged to work a commission job with out commission pay. You will loose hours if you do not sell enough memberships with in a week and meetings normally end up having one crying person. (over what im not sure i have never gone to them)
Its sad to see Sams club over all just going down hill, its getting to the point you can actually see it and cant ignore it anymore. Im not sure if its just my store or club wide? Im sure its club wide.

When i started in 2012 it was the best job i had so far. Alot of freedom there so long as you got the job done and done well, everyone liked you and you got no problems. Now everyones allowed to slack off because no one cares anymore. Everything is some one else jobs and every thinks some one else will pick up after them. Ever sense Febuary2014 the mass layoff of managers, our club has just had no reason to care. At lease thats how i feel everyones thinking. Why care when your once secure job will just fire you in mass in order to save money? What benefit do you have other than making THEM money. The feeling of being expendable i think did alot of veteran associates in, making them now more anxious and not so easy to work with anymore. (i had to leave day shift because of this)

Not only that i have been trying to become a team lead for the past year now, one finally shows up and no one asks. Thats fine, my fault for not speaking out. Now we are in a need for another one here soon because a old team lead is on leave for the past few months and they shoulnt be able to be guarantee there position at this point, but still aloud to come to work. I want there job and no ones making the move to open it. Heck they have a hard time hiring anyone let alone move them up. It takes them 3 months to finally start looking for people after we have been needing it to be filled all that time.
I have tried everything to move up, i dont want to be a manager but i would like to be a lead. Im not sure if its sams club or just the place im working for but they do not like people moving up and just slack off so they dont have to be bothered with making it happen.

Over all i made this place sound bad but its really not, if its your first job dont work here because no one will be willing or want to bother training you. I spent most of my time self teaching. But if you have worked in retail and just would like a place to have a little bit more freedom, everyone a little nicer and a bit more pay. Then go here. Because they do pay you alot more than some stores in the area and a good chunk of the people are nice and will help you a little bit if you ask. But be expected to self teach yourself how to do alot of it. – less
Sam's Club
Cashier (Current Employee), El Monte, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: felxible schedules
Cons: stuck at the register and sometimes unable to get water
First we clock in and then meet with the team lead and are assigned to a cash register. Once we count our tills we open up a lane and help members. Hardest part of this job is the miscommunication with the team leads and cashiers. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I can help a member and that they leave satisfied and forming a friendship with – more... regular members. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more