Sam's Club
4,088 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

good experience
Cake Decorator (Current Employee), sacramento,caFebruary 26, 2015
its fast pace, lots of work and change. A lot of customer service.You see a lot of managers, employees come and go. Somewhere you can mover around positions wise.
It is a ok place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2015
I like working at Sam's but at time's I have to Waite a while to get my tile so I can ring up members. But I have no problem jumping in to help out my coworkers until I can get a till. The hardiest part of my job is the computer, it is not user friendly .. But I got used to it.
cool
Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee), grapevineFebruary 25, 2015
i love going to work every day my job is very special to me i love my co-workers and my boss is great i enjoy every ti
hing about the job
fast friendly work place
hms (Current Employee), McAllen, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: travel distance
the first thing to do is to get the ovens ready for cooking. then we get the reports from the previous day for reference, we place the chickens in the ovens and cook them. next we head over to H.M.S. and start preparing plates.
great place
MEMBER SERVICE (Former Employee), San Fernando, CAFebruary 25, 2015
I loved working here, it gave me an opportinity to expand my knowledge in the retail dept, i was only working pt therefore i didnty pick up a lot of hours but i enjoyed working for this company.
Fast-paced, productive workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Cashier) (Former Employee), Joplin, MOFebruary 25, 2015
I assisted customers with questions, products, transactions and greeted them at the doors as well as checking their cart upon them leaving.
Best place I worked
Team Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: pay could be a little better
Sams club is a wonderful job. The co-workers were easy to get along with. Every once in a while you would get a rude customer, but that is normal. They work around your schedule if you give them enough advancement time.
Amazing staff
Marketer (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good lunches
Cons: breaks are fine
I believe associates should be compensated a lot more when referring to they're hourly pay. Period! Its hard to take care of a family with some being payed $11.00 an hour that have been working there for 3 plus years and counting
Great work place
Maintenance/Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee), Glendora, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: family based feeling
Cons: not enough hours
A great place to start off working, it was my first job there and they made me feel part of the team right away, very helpful and understanding.
The worst place I've ever worked
Cash Operator Supervisor (COS) (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 24, 2015
Management will start off friendly, but will turn on you in a heart beat. I personally put in over 3 years and would never go back. There is a very high turn over rate. There is plenty of opportunity to advance, but it takes a long time and the management will require all of your time, no home life for you.
Productive workplace
Fuel Service Attendant (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good hours, pay is good.
Cons: sometimes no breaks, and managment can be difficult to work with
Fun place to work. Learned a lot about marketing and using different types of tools and programs on the computer to enhance productivity. co-workers are great.
Steady work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Every day is very predictable and easy to plan a life around, but it does take up most hours of a week.
There is not much advancement in any department, but quite easy to move to a different department.
Basic Enjoyment
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: fun and happy environment
Cons: not many hours for my position
I really enjoy my current work place, although I do not get very many hours. The management and my co-workers are all very friendly and work very well together.
Okay workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Roseville, MIFebruary 24, 2015
More structure and organization is needed regarding management. Duties and/ or expectations of employees need to be made more clear and precise.
Loss prevention
Door Greeter and Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Edmond, OklahomaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: learned a lot about retail
Cons: no career advancement
Worked to prevent loss of merchandise or even theft of goods on a daily basis with all co-workers from the store manager all the way down to the janitor. Enjoyed the systems of fortune 500 company but lack of career advancement became an issue after three years of employment.
I really enjoyed working at Sams :)
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbia, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: sam's always made sure you got your full 15 minute breaks (2 if you worked an 8 hr day, 1 if you did not) and they were very good at making sure you took a full 30 min lunch
Cons: the "door greeters" would always be forgotten to take their breaks/lunches, i felt the cos's would get frustrtaed having to find someone to cover them
A typical day at work; once clocked in, I would get on my register and immediately start ringing members up, I would start with the first member and if they had a regular membership, I would see how much the prorated amount was to upgrade them to a Plus membership. If they didn't want that then I would try to talk them into opening up a MasterCard account ( sometimes we had $10 off of a $50 purchase and sometimes we had $20 off a $100 purchase.
I learned this job very quickly (having never done retail), there were many food item codes that we needed to learn as a cashier and I learned them rather quickly. I also learned to not let it affect me when members would get mad and yell at me for items we didn't have at that time, or their card didn't work etc.
The management were fair, some were more kind than others and were willing to help more.
I loved my co-workers, I have always been the type to treat others the way I would like for them to treat me.
The hardest part of my job was trying to feel out which members I should ask to see if they wanted to upgrade their membership or possibly open a Discover/MasterCard account. So many members would get frustrated if we asked them every time they came in, so I would try to remember many of their faces that came through my line.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my very best each day by making my members happy when they left my register. I would greet each and every member by looking into their eyes and saying hello.
More things to do with less people
Overnight Manager (Former Employee), Edmond, OKFebruary 23, 2015
It was a great company, slowly declining. GMs put more pressure on assistants. hourly pay is not attractive therefore you don't get quality employees.
Cashier (Former Employee), Rome, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: ok work plce
Cons: never get to move up
I loved this job at first but I had been there longer than some and I applied for a lot of jobs there and never was hired for them. They picked their favorites and some not even qualified for them. Management was very dramaed. They would tell you one thing and tell someone else about what you said which cause problems with co workers. The hardest part of this job is breaks. Never could they get them on time.
Unorganized and understaffed
Electronics/ Mobile Sales Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: can advance fairly quickly, sams share
Cons: understaffed, unorganized
A typical workday consisted of assisting and tending to members needs and concerns Which is a normal endeavor in a retail job but when your the only person in a entire electronics department it can get problematic and very frustrating i did however enjoy meeting and talking to the members you end meeting a ton of interesting people
Great place to work with Great benefits
Overnight Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Maplewood, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible hours for hourly, benefits
I spent about 5 years working for the company made a lot of friends while I was there and even some good resources to have. Benefits where fantastic with great long term privlages.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more