Sam's Club
4,290 reviews

Sam's Club United States Employee Reviews

Nice atmosphere to work in
Photo Technician (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IowaApril 18, 2015
Pros: Could work on my own and use my own judgement
Cons: Having to make sure that the copyright issue was enforced.
On any given day the objective was to clock in, check with management for keys and a telzon. Head for the photo department where I would then turn on the machines that needed to be awakened for the day to get them up and running. Performed a little maintenance as I got the machines ready. Checked the printer for orders that had come in from online and through things that had been done overnight. Set everything up to be ready to place orders in the right envelopes as the prints came out. Put away freight that had been received, straightened area up, wait on customers, perform inspections on cameras that have been returned. Work closely with others within the department and club so that they know what is going on in the photolab. My favorite part of the job was talking with the customers and getting to know them. Helping them come up with the right photo.
Credit coordinator (Former Employee), Pearl, MSApril 18, 2015
Pros: good benefits good pay
Cons: n/a
Not friendly workers but other than that is a good company to work for . management are okay just don't work as much as they should.
About working at Sams Club
Gas Station Attendant/Sales person (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 18, 2015
Pros: helping members and my co-workers
Cons: no hours
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the members have a enjoyable shopping experience. A typical day at work is helping the members and putting new ideas to sale on the floor.
A great college job.
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Evans, COApril 18, 2015
A good part time job while in college. Management was fair and always worked with my schedule. Although it was a good work environment would not want to make a career in a retail environment.
Good company, no room for advandment
Department and Audit Team Supervisor (Current Employee), Humble, TXApril 17, 2015
Typical day included looking at sales and production from the previous day. Learned about retail and scheduling. Worked well with management and co workers. I like my job I just feel there is little room for me to advance.
Challenging
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Cocoa, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: I learned alot about managing people and keeping moral high in a difficult work environment.
Cons: Pay was minimal for the amount of work
It was a fast paced and challenging work environment. Required constant multitasking. Had to excel in time management to ensure all office responsibilities were completed and maintain a presence on the sales floor when necessary to assist employees and drive sales of plus memberships. Most difficult aspect was keeping employees motivated to sell plus memberships as they were not compensated with anything more than a pat on the back (as per company policy, no rewards could be given). I actually set a challenge one time that if they could hit a certain sales number I would come in wearing a dress. They reached their goal in a shockingly fast time. I now know dresses are actually quite comfortable, however I didn't continue to wear them.
Productive, Great atmosphere
Member Service Desk (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: Employee events/meals, Great atmosphere, Leniency
Cons: Distance from home
I loved working at Sam's Club, the feeling of being able to walk around freely while selling various products to customers was quite exhilarating. Having a knack for sales probably helped out and made it more fun. I overcame any shyness I had in front of crowds, and became the outgoing woman I am today. The hardest part of the job was being stuck as a cashier, but the comradery between co-workers made up for it significantly.
Laid back workplace
Tire and, Battery Tecnician (Former Employee), Oklahoma city,okApril 17, 2015
Mostly Sam's club was pretty laid back place to work, an average day was pulling in work orders and, providing the service needed and, running the cash register.
Excellent Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Snellville, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great family group and people
Cons: Compensation
Great job just need better compensation. Loved the training and made me a more experience person. Co workers were great and the most enjoyable part of the job was the unlimited potential to move up the positions.
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2015
It nwas a great place to work but it was hot in the summer. The money was decent and the benefits were good. I would recomend a good place to start a career.
Good company to work for.
Outside Business Membership Sales Manager (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZApril 16, 2015
Great position that got you out of the Club daily. Club paid mileage if using personal vehicle or rented vehicle if driving over 100 miles per day.
Second job when 19
Warehouse stock associate (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: none
My over all experience was pretty good. I started working for SAMS club as a seasonal cashier at 17 and ended staying with the company for two years. with in 6 months I applied for the warehouse associate position which gave me a bump in pay to 10.15 an hour. It was a great stepping stone.
Working in a high pace environment where change is the only constent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILApril 16, 2015
During my 16 year career, I was afforded the opportunity to grow and expand my knowledge. I was able to work my way up from a part time associate all the way through all the assistant manager roles.
fun enviroment
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARApril 16, 2015
Pros: fun up beat activities
Cons: selling memberships
most enjoyable part of work is, meeting all the people and building a relationship with them. Hardest part is not having enough staffing to cover the different departments.
Love Sams Club
Deli Team Leader (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 15, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: none
Great company culture, managers are always open to new ideas. Great leadership, great company to grow with. The pay is great, when you meet goals they'll grill steaks
Great store
Cashier Duties (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDApril 14, 2015
This was a great store to work at. Gained a lot of customer service skills from this company. Great company background and ethics.
Great ppl with great energy
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Kannapolis, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: yearly bonus, meals, fruit every friday
Cons: none
Great company to work for. A lot of opportunity if you any employee is looking to grow with a company. 401 k set up is amazing! they will match you 100% as long as you put in 8% of check. It's really like a family working there. Typical work day, I clock in and go downstairs to my department and see what exactly needs to be stocked on the floor. While stocking the floor I am checking for damages, and out of dates. Job is a breeze long as everyone is on the same page. My coworkers made the job a fun environment so I would looked forward to coming in each and everyday. Hardest part of the job is when you're low on staff, and your receiving more product than you can put on the sales floor. The most enjoyable was going the extra mile for customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCApril 14, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our loaded trailers on the road, and knowing that I had a part in ensuring the freight on the trailer was accurate and packed safely.
Awesome community feel
Cafe Associate (Former Employee), Bellmead, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Lots of "reward" meals/gifts/prizes, tons of good people
Cons: Inconsistent scheduling, short handed, benefits are hard to come by
My job wasn't hard, realistically high school kids could excel at it. There were times that we were incredibly short handed and the daily work was crazy fast paced, but my coworkers and management made the hard day worth it. I made life long friends!
Hourly Management
Member Service Supervisor, Team Lead (Current Employee), Citrus Heights, CaApril 14, 2015
Pros: Always busy, never the same day to day, self-training
Cons: Wage is not worth the work, advancement is based on favoritism.
Work as a Team Lead Supervisor involves scheduling associates, handling cash flow, member service requests or complications, as well as being a Lead on Duty, the equivalent of an hourly manager. As a TLMSS (Team Lead Member Service Supervisor) I learned how to multitask, take charge, and to drive both motivation and sales while keeping the workplace an enjoyable environment for both members and associates. The most enjoyable part of my position was member and associate interaction combined with creative problem solving.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more

Sam's Club Salaries