Sam's Club

5.5K reviews

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 5,121 reviews matching the search
Great, but fast paced
Cashier/ Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 8, 2016
I loved working for this company. Although there was no employee discounts, the money was great, and so were the hours. It was odd to make anything under $500 every two weeks. the hardest part of this job would have to be the manual labor of lifting heavy items to place them into a different cart, but overall, this was a great job.
Pros
friendly competition between coworkers, employee events, free lunches, casual dress code
Cons
no employee discount, no health care for anyone part time
Good Job experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJFebruary 8, 2016
This job was my first job after graduating college. I enjoyed learning the whole retail warehouse functions. This job was great challenge.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Awesome enviorment, Bad management.
Produce (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Awesome co-workers, everyone helps everyone out. Management was not so great, they lack on helping or never communicate. They belittle you.
Pros
Learned valuable things
Cons
They never let me go on my break on time.
Strong culture of supporting their associates.
Market Membership Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day starts at 5:30 am checking email and sending out reports. In club at 7:00 am. Day ends around 5:00 pm.

Your people are everything. I have a great pride in my ability to win through my people.

The market team and club management are a very highly driven team. We use honesty and integrity to move toward company goals.

The hardest challenge is attracting enough new talent to fill the expansion needs of the company.

Team building and development is the most enjoyable.
Pros
Company car, laptop, phone plan, company credit card.
Cons
We have lost talent over a last few years due to restructures.
All I Want...
Deli Processor/Meat Processor (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 8, 2016
I just want to provide a secure, happy life for my child. So I would like to have the opportunity to show my skills (even those not shown on paper or a screen), knowledge and intelligence, hard working ethics, and ambition to succeed at all my goals to have that happy life become reality.
Sam's Club
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILFebruary 6, 2016
Good job but HR in payroll made too many mistakes with employees payments.

I like that i worked in more than one department.

It was good in diversity.
enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 6, 2016
Sam's Club is an enjoyable place to work, For the most part everyone is friendly and helpful. The management is by far the best management that I have ever had. I have learned so many new things working for Sam's Club even some life lessons. The hardest part of the job is working so hard and so many hours but never receiving full time after 3 years. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my members leave with a big smile.
Pros
Rewards for accomplishments
Cons
Not enough coverage
fun work place
night shift (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 6, 2016
fast pace enviorment with a customer first and being asked to go above and beyond the demand being asked of you at all times
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
asked alot of you
Hard work Fun people
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 5, 2016
The job can vary from always moving (on the go) to slow paced and nothing to do. You organize carts for in club use while at the same time providing customer service.
Pros
choose your own break times. Nice and friendly co-workers.
Cons
weather (sometimes). switching from doing too much to not doing enough
Overall decent company to work for
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 5, 2016
For some, Sam's Club is a great place to develop a career through and support your home with. But as for myself, it was a way to support and fund my living while I was in school. I loved the people I met through the company and will have long standing friendships because of this. I do not however, agree with the management I observed during my employment with the company. There seemed to a sort of hierarchy system incorporated here whereas if you didn't have enough seniority, you were given scraps comparably to what those with more experience received (ie favoritism in scheduling, accountability). I enjoyed the work I did with Sam's Club overall because of the skills and experience I developed here. The hardest part of working for this company were the disagreeable things we were forced to do in order to "better serve our members." I never had an issue with compliance to the company policies enforced here; just the simple fact that in order to satisfy the customer, rules were bent and sometimes broken and I never agreed with this.
Pros
Co-Workers, Work Environment, Paid Membership through Employment
Cons
Benefits, Poor Scheduling, Understaffing

Want to know more about Sam's Club?

Ask a question
Getting use to staying up all night
OVERNIGHT MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Having the run of the entire warehouse all night long was very enlightening, It was very gratifying to see how the warehouse looked when we departed every morning as opposed to how it looked when we came in.
Pros
no interruptions while performing my job
Cons
felt sleepy some nights
The excitement of the job have downgrade .
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAFebruary 4, 2016
It use to be a very wonderful place to work and enjoy the work family, but some many changes have remove the core of the goodness.
great place to work with smiling faces
Maintenance Worker/Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAFebruary 4, 2016
did trash run throughout the whole store, also painted lines and caution signs in the store pulled carts in harsh weather, but learned the valuable lesson of patience. it was hard to move up in SAM's because of the favoritism showed by other employee and workers
Pros
benefits were great`
Cons
cart pushing
overall it was a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 4, 2016
i spent the first week learning all about the sams club way.it was enjoyable and not to difficult to comprehend. My co-workers were all happy and upbeat and it made the day pass that much faster
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I have always had good jobs and I strive to to them to the best of my ability. On a typical day I try to help as many customers as possible
Need better managment team
Lead Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 3, 2016
The company will not help and always short staff in departments from day to day. However, coworkers will treat you like family and help out when need it
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Healthcare and short breaks
Get along with employees
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 3, 2016
The employees are awesome to work with. Management has a lot of things to work out, to make employees happy. The hours put in and the paycheck received is not enough to make ends meet. Have to ask for more hours, or work second job.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
rude managers, low pay
Productive and Enjoying Working Environment
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Sam's Club is a wonderful place to work. There is never a dull moment and you are surrounded by wonderful people. As a Member Service Supervisor (MSS), my typical day is fast paced and filled with excitement. I have an extremely supportive team lead and management staff. I am guaranteed to learn something new everyday whether its from a member of management or veteran co-worker.
Sam's Club was a great place to work. Great people all over the world.
Closing Operating Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKFebruary 2, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Sam's Club. There was never a dull moment when I was at work. The atmosphere was great. Sam's club allowed you to participate in the MIT ( Manager In training) program. They were very positive with the associates. All of the associates thought of you as family and you were treated like one. The hardest thing about my job was the moving. My husband was in the Military and we moved every 2-3 years to different states and I was able to transfer to another Sam's Club. No hassle. I miss my co-workers, but since we no longer have to move, I get to see the friends that I left behind.
Pros
Christmas Bonus, Holiday Parties, Personal Days
Cons
No Cons
Fun Job.
Check Out Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. The hours of operation were decent. It was fairly easy to advance. I started as a cashier, then went to a part time cos, then a cash office associate, then a full time COS.