Sam's Club
4,368 reviews

Sam's Club United States Employee Reviews

Great Management
Cashier (Former Employee), Corpus Christi TexasMay 5, 2015
I enjoy working at Sams Club. Always on the go. Identified customers by first name. Help promote their memberships for better saving and earn cash back. Always a pleasure when you know what your doing.
No Pro Leadership
Hard lines & Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee), mansfied txMay 5, 2015
Not a job I would recommend, Management is all over the place. The GM of that location is a cold hearted, rude, self centered man. They do not appreciate their workers and are horrible at rewarding
Employees are Awesome
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Employees work well together
Cons: takes too long to move up
Takes too long to move up.. Doesnt interview fellow employees for positions. other than that great company. love the bulk shopping and the customers. loved the employees.
Great work place
Cashier - Front (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLMay 5, 2015
Over 6 Years of customer service experience, Sales, and service. High Energy, hard working, efficient, detailed, dependable and dedicated work ethic. Experience with teamwork, relationship building and communication skills with main focus on customer support and over all satisfaction.
Sams Club
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Consistant Work
Cons: Part Time/no room to advance
I wouldn't ever work there again. Period. My boss knew I was a good worker and the cheap management wanted to keep getting money and wasn't worried about their workers. Grilling steaks and having hot dogs and chips are not going to keep me satisfied at a job.
fun, free coffee , cake , friendly managers, co-worker , allway ready to help
Member Services Associate (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: good ethnic friendly managers/ owner
Cons: health care
very busy , fast pace , mostly deal with business , vendors , restaurants members, most of them are nice , but some are very rude
Great Place
Freezer worker (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 4, 2015
Great Place to work with nice members who are mostly polite and well mannered. Job can be cold at times but it is physically demanding job that has many benefits.
desent work environment but too political.
Produce Lead (Former Employee), Glendora, CAMay 4, 2015
Cons: politics and favoritism.
A typical day at work entails going through the produce floor and ensuring all items are properly stoked and not rotten or expired, if the floor is not stocked I would proceed to do so. then I would check all the food items that had expired log them in the daily throws and take whatever was bad to the dumpster. after all the rotten produce was thrown out I would have to log all the items in the Sam's Club data base

There was a large age gap between me and my coworkers so I was always sure to be respectful but it was pleasant none the less.

Hardest part of the job would be working in the parking lot when one of the lot attendants did not show for work, pushing shopping carts on the heat is no walk in the park.

the best part of the job was free samples and the customers were always pleasant..
Great work place
Tire Technician/Tire Sales (Current Employee), Township of Ohio, PAMay 4, 2015
I have yet to find an issue working for Sam's club, I enjoy who i work with in my department and out of my department, has a good family feeling once starting your first day.
A great place for first time job seekers
Produce Merchandiser (Former Employee), McDonough, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great pizza
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day at Sam's Club would consist of ;a daily stretch ,briefing ,and a review.The work place is pretty fun. The management is okay.The best part is the pizza.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hickory, NCMay 4, 2015
I really enjoy my job at Sam's Club. Management can be iffy sometimes, but overall it's a great environment with great people.
Everyday life in the cafe.
Cafe Associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Meet a lot of people.
Cons: Not able to get all breaks out.
During our peak hours when member start lining up for lunch and trying to get help to serve the member is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. The cafe feels like no management cares how busy we are and that we don't have right amount of staff member to run the cafe during lunch and dinner hours but management has no problem telling us we need something when we are very busy to get done instead of helping us or sending us help. We are not able to take are breaks or lunch on time on some days.
Busy and extremely stressful job
Café associate (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARMay 3, 2015
Pros: Learned how to make pizza
Cons: Short breaks that weren't even guaranteed, hot environment, high stress
A typical day at work wasn't too bad. Around lunch and the time school let out, and on weekends, the café was constantly flooded, and it was very stressful. I learned how to make pizza, count inventory for stock, and professionally clean the place. My manager was really cool, but he saw that I was the best worker at the time, so I was left with a large workload while the other coworkers, who were mildly lazy, didn't do much. I came home in a highly emotional state many nights (as I was supposed to work until 10pm but most nights didn't leave until after 11), and I began getting upset. My co-workers were pretty nice but sometimes they would slack off and I felt like the hardest working person back there. I would say the hardest part of the job was having the majority of the workload on you and hardly being recognized for it, all the while wanting to advance in the job but having no opportunity to do so. The most enjoyable part was conversing with a few regulars.
Horrible Experience
Lead Member Service Manager (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMay 3, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: Having to work 5 areas other than your own, but only get evaluated on the work you do in your "primary" job code
Was employed by Sam's Club for 5 ½ years, and I loved what I did. I loved most of the people that I worked with, but I hated where the company was going. In the past few years the company has made it harder and harder for good employee's to stay. They have taken away many of the core benefits that Sam Walton had put into place to show the companies value to their associates. Such benefits include: Sunday Premium, Merit Raises, and raise structure. Most of the management are dis-honest telling home office one thing, but doing another. If you speak out against anything dishonest it is considered throwing your team under the bus, and you will be eventually pushed out. In under a month I was accused and investigated by home office legal department for a rumor that I was trying to form a union, I was wrote up for poor plus membership performance (directly after refunding my plus membership), and I was then wrote up for working off the clock. This all occurred shortly after I "open doored" a ethical concern. If the company truly did everything that it "stands for" then it would truly be a decent company to work for
productive place
Cashier (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 3, 2015
Pros: shifts wasn't long
Cons: not enough hours
it was a discount store where you could buy in quantities. the employees were ok along with the managers. there was't really a hard part of the job.
Great place to work!!!
Cashier (Current Employee), Pgh., PAMay 3, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: pay, unless you're management
The only place I ever worked where I enjoyed getting up to go there, like a second family.

Everyone is treated equally and we get the work done while smiling and laughing,
Good starting job with good learning
Membership Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great hours and work scheduel
Cons: Sales and managment
Sam's Club as an overall company is good. Its a good starting job with descent pay and they are good with your schedule. I am the membership coordinator there and have been learning a lot, but for where I want to go in my career is the highest level I can be at. I made good commitment with the company for being there for 4 years. They are also good with transfers as they helped me through when moving to Fort Collins. I have been in retail for a while and I'm ready to excel in a company that will have me enjoy what I do instead if sales.
Worst Place Ever
PRODUCE TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJMay 2, 2015
Pros: Your not Judged on quality of work just quantity
Cons: Short Breaks, Bad Managers
They dont care about you as a worker and you might as well be a brainless zombie because they dont want to hear your ideas. Even when you do well if your not a major suck up there is no room for advancement. If you need a quick job that pays decent , go for it but otherwise stay far away. Prices arent bad i must say that.
Underpaid with little hours
Data Entry/Member Services Associate (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMay 2, 2015
The people you work with are usually really nice and sweet, but they don't schedule you any hours, so the pay is horrible.
Good Place to Work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Jackson, MiMay 1, 2015
Pros: Decent starting pay, good people to work for amd with
Cons: typical retail store beurocracy
Must be willing to work hard and learn new jobs.
Learning new skills stocking and utilizing technology to do so.
Management is fair.
Hardest part of overnight merchandising is being accurate and fast.
Most enjoyable part of job is the coworkers you meet.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more

Sam's Club Salaries