Sam's Club
3,938 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

Great employees, terrible benefits
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Canton, MIJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: friendly people, frequent free lunches
Cons: no insurance, sick time or paid vacations
I work as a Member Service Supervisor which means that I supervise the front end. This consists of the Cashiers, tobacco, member service desk, optical and photo. I also supervise the door greeters. I am responsible for handing out change, items from lockup and assisting members with their questions and issues. The job itself is not bad, the people I work with are nice.

The issue I have is that there are not many benefits for a part time associate. No sick time, no paid vacation days, no insurance.
we are really productive,with friendly drivers,and costomers.
receiving dock partener (Current Employee), Naples, FLJanuary 24, 2015
I love my job,i have to get every thing done daily before the end of my shift,wich is from 5:00 am to 1:30 pm.My co-worker are adorable,we're always put oueselves to gether to get the job done,We have good communication with the drivers to better accomplish our work in a timely manner,we have a management,who always have a get together,to have the job done.
It's not horrible but.......
Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: the job is ok.
Cons: the management is rude, disrespectful, and unorganized.
I started working for Sams in June of 2014. It started out great, but once everyone got used to me, they started to show their true colors. I like the actual job, but the members of management are rude and disrespectful. They talk to you and treat you any type of way just because they can. I go to work and do everyone else's job but my own. They put so much pressure on the cashiers about getting upgrades and credits from the customers. Sometimes they push the cashiers so hard that they cry. Not to mention all of the favoritism going on in there. They treat you so good during orientation and sale you a dream and then once you get on the floor, they are horrible. Like I said before, I like the actual job, but the people are very unorganized and extremely rude. If I could say one thing to the girl I was that sat down to fill out the application for this place, it would be "Run".
High engery, customer care retail
Membership Services Associate (Former Employee), KentuckyJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: unstable hours, lack of mature management.
Sam's Club is a high efficient work environment. The company demands excellence from all of its employees and strives to cross train them so they may later advance.
Fun, sometimes slow pace.
Cashier (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJanuary 22, 2015
Get your register assignment, you would continuously cash out members. Unless it was a slow day, which if it's not the holidays, or a Saturday, it is usually slow, You can get sent to the floor to front products, or fold clothing. Co-workers are amazing, its a fabulous company to work for, there is a lack of communication within managers throughout the departments.
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2015
Operated point of sale register systems and handled cash and credit card charges for paying customers. Provided support on the front-end checkout lanes and responsible for the accuracy and clarity of all sales operations. Attended to shoppers throughout the entire store, and addressed any requests, issues and inquires.
atypical day a twork
Sales Representative (Former Employee), miami. flJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
a typical day for work, I learned do multitask and management
Not the best company to work for.
Asset protection manager (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits, more holidays off than most companies
Cons: if you're trying to start a career i wouldn't recommend it. lazy management, nothing gets done in a timely manner, poor communication
Management is poor,too many politics,huge turnover rate with employess and managers,they feed lies to employees making them think they have a chance at advancing!! What I learned from the company is "who you know" Co workers talk about eachother behind their backs, the hardest part of the job is trying to advance with 85% of the knowledge of the position when you're constantly getting pushed aside from someone who gets the position with 0% experience! ! The most enjoyable part is..... nothing!!!
Great hours and great experience.
Member Services Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: sams club membership
Cons: selling metrics meaning membership credit cards and upgrading members
Fun place to work, associates are caring and easy to work with. My day consists of first thing reading emails that pertain to job description, then i check the fellow employees breaks and lunches and send accordingly to schedule, then i start observations of the front end and assist members and cashiers when needed. In the time working here i have learned how to handle management calls and responsibilities. The hardest part of my job would be understanding and fixing members memberships. The most enjoyable part of my job would be working with my co-workers.
Great Company
Customer Greeter (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: short breaks, 15 min and i work part tme
Working at SAMS as a door greater has been a great experience. I have met so many people. A lot of the people that comes in SAMS are regular members and now they are family. The managers at SAMS has been great managers and I have enjoyed being a part of the SAMS team.
Very stable and dependable work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: everything was organized and operated efficiently
Cons: every day was very similar to the day before.
Responsibilities included ringing up customers in a timely manner and guaranteeing a high level of customer satisfaction. Customers were convinced to upgrade their membership card through a pitch given solely within the time it took to ring up their transaction. This highly motivated sales environment was documented and regulated, check out speeds needed to remain fast and upgrade quotas must also be met. A competitive atmosphere led to consistently exceeding the requirements.
Sam's is a good company
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Manchester, CTJanuary 21, 2015
On a typical day, I would start by getting my supply's I would need to zone which is box bin to store empty boxes in. Then I would go through the aisles and collect any empty boxes I find and restock any misplaced items left by costumers. Later on in the day I would made a drop list which is a list of items that would be restocked by the night crew. Management helps set me and other up for success the best way they can. The hardest part about the job is balancing certain priorities things like making a drop list and zoning and knowing which on to do first on a busy day. Its not bad when you have someone to help but sometimes you might be closing the department alone. The enjoyable part is that your work doesn't go unnoticed you can become associate of the month or year.
My sams club Job
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: air cooled place and hr lunches
Cons: lack of training
I worked at this job for less than 3 months due to the lack of knowledge an training for the job. I did everything possible to learn the job put I kept running into problems dealing with peoples credit checks.my co workers had problems as well with the job an were unable to help each other out due to the fact we were all new to the job. Management was unaffectionate to our needs and started letting us go one by one.
Great place to work and shop
Tobacco Cashier (Former Employee), Buford, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: staff lunches
Cons: hours aren't guranteed to some
The pay was good. They give you a decent amount of hours. Co-workers are friendly. The environment is a pleasant one to work in. This club is in Buford, GA so the surrounding area is a populated but not overcrowded area. Right next to the mall of Georgia
My Sam's Club Opportunity
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee), Sherwood, ARJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: not enough hours
Everyday was a competitive day at Sam's Club. My co-workers and I would all compete with each other to see who would be the top seller that particular week. I loved the competition! I tried to up sale everything I could, for example, when I demoed The Kerig Coffee Makers, I would sell the individual coffee flavors, encouraging them to buy more than on flavor.

This is my most favorite job. I learned how easy it is to talk to people, joke and have fun, on a job. I don't think a job should be just for the money, I believe it should be a passion. I mean really, who wants to go to a job they don't love?

The hardest part of the job was only six hours a day. I really want a full time job with overtime when needed.

My favorite part of the job was the people. They can be so amusing. One never knows what one will come out with. I even got tips on my 'tips'.
Sam's Club
Café Associate (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun co-workers, decent pay
Cons: very little benefits
A typical day a work went by quickly as it was often busy. Management was poor in that the often contradicted each other and did not communicate well with others. Co-workers were often the best part of the job.
Sam's club
Night Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2015
work overnight as a stocker
mgr changed continusouslly
did not enjoy night shift
It Gets the bills paid
Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 20, 2015
General retail job. Communication skills and marketing a must to survive.
Dynamic and fast paced work envirornment
Grocery/ Produce Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: stability
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work begin with checking emails and printing reports (i.e.. team lead recap, mtd sales). As a supervisor I would walk the floor to check for coverage in all areas and overall status of club. Check for things that needed immediate attention or tasks that could be delegated and completed by end of associates shift. Give each associate a my 5 item list of daily work task. Follow up with associates and there work duties for completion or additional teaching and training. Ensure the customers needs are met by having new exciting items out for sale, organized and clean sales floor, have knowledgeable associates readily available.

Working for Sam's Club has taught me the importance of team work. As a member of the management team I was fortunate to work side by side with some amazing people. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fast paced work environment.
Fun store and job but low wages
Lead Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 20, 2015
In charge of outside sales and marketing of the club. Fun job but very low pay and not much chance for advancement

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more