Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 6,909 reviews matching the search
Difficult times, but great experience
ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 28, 2017
A typical work day consist of contacting businesses to book sets. Then going to the business & signing up employees for Sam's Club memberships. I'm always looking for new business prospects. I've learned how to be creative in my sales approach & how to manage paperwork. The hardest part of the job is staying positive even though I get told "no" often. However, I definitely enjoy meeting new people & learning about different businesses & what they do.
Pros
Networking, going to fun events & festivals
Cons
Putting a lot of mileage on my car
Loved my 15 years with this company
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  indianaMarch 28, 2017
I loved working for Sam's Club. I left because I was asked to be a Business Manager from a Merchandise Manager. I took the position and after the two year required commitment to the position I requested to return to Merchandise Manager. I was meeting my numbers in Marketing and therefore they wanted me to stay in the position as there were other Clubs Marketing Managers who were struggling. They got pulled and I was left in my position. I did not want to leave the company but was burnt out.
Crazy at times, always productive
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2017
It was a struggle for me when I advanced up to learn to use the radio. There are times that I don't hear someone one the radio due the persons voice or other things that factor in. I have learned to communicate better with employees. As the front end supervisor it can get pretty busy, we are over five departments and you always running around doing something.
Coworkers great, management not so much
CASHIER/CAFE (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COMarch 28, 2017
The management at the club I worked at didn't really listen to the lower level associates (cashiers, cafe, floor associates) as much as they did the MSSs and other mid-level associates, leading to a mistrust in management among the associates. When injured with a doctors note not to do heavy lifting for two weeks, they moved me away from the lifting for a few days, but I was back lifting over the limit I was supposed to before the end of the first week. Very little compensation/benefits for lower-level associates, forcing many to seek out other employment, little room for advancement, work schedules were all over the calendar with no sense of regularity.
Coworkers of same lever and some mid-level were pretty awesome to work with.
Pros
Great coworkers, cheap food
Cons
Inconsistant breaks, management
N/a
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 28, 2017
A typical day would be helping members locate whatever items, or helping them load items, it could be really stressful depending on who was there when it came to managers
easy
Event specialist (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 28, 2017
I was a sample person at the kenosha location and it was the easiest paycheck I have ever received. Some of the co workers can be a little lazy or irritating but overall a great place to make some spending money.
fun job to have
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed working here because the atmosphere was so fun. I got to work alongside a few of my friends and coworkers all the time. I also loved helping customers.
Great place to work you get meet many different people.
Cafe Associate (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 28, 2017
A typical day of work for me depends on the mood of the club when I go to work. It's constantly changing you never know what the next day would be like. I learned how to work more as a team instead of as one. Management typically depends on the person they all have different personalities. I think the hardest part of the job would be the constant demands. But that's what makes it the most enjoyable at times. Things are always changing you never know what to expect.
Average place to Work
PLA (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 27, 2017
Sams Club needed more training for their managers and employee interaction. There seem to be too much personal interaction between employee and managers. Lack of professionalism.
Sams Club
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work as Sams Club Pharmacy Technician is quite demanding. It is filled with answering phone calls, helping customers with questions, and filling as well as processing pharmacy patients medicine.
Room for advancement
Dedicated Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 27, 2017
Here I enjoyed learning a lot of new skills and had an exceptional team that I worked with. Here I learned how to do audits and I learned a lot about sales.
Great Job
Cafe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 27, 2017
Working at Sams Club was wonderful, the staff was very helpful and all became family. The management there was very wonderful they made sure that everyone felt safe and that we could talk to the managers about anything. They made the staff call the management "coach" because we were a team and I absolutely loved the way that the company was ran .
Challenging and Rewarding
Senior Market Manager Technology Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
You learn something everyday in this giant organization wal-mart inc. Depending on your job role every aspect involves the member being first and enhancing their experience.
Working for Retail is a seven days a week job
Marketing and Membership Manager (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 27, 2017
Trying to have a normal work schedule with Sam's Club is near impossible. Retail is a hard business that never closes, Sam's Club is part of Wal-Mart that is open all holidays and never really closes its doors. Easy to move up in management positions to gain experience for something else.
Cons
Little training
A good 9-5 place to work
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 27, 2017
management is confused and not all on the same page.
culture is great, I love the people I work with
the hardest part is dealing the home office in Arkansas.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Fast paced place to work.
Tobacco Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
A typical day consisted of filling orders and alot of members picking up and placing orders. Rarely did we get breaks or enough coverage. Mondays and Tuesdays were usually the busiest days, those were also the days we received the most orders. The members are very nice but very specific.
Pros
great members
Cons
short/no breaks, low pay, not enough coverage
Very productive work environment that taught me a lot about marketing and sales
Optician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 27, 2017
a typical day consisted of gathering all the businesses I planned to go to that day and going to each one to sell them memberships. I would have to write a detailed report for each encounter. I was able to learn about outside sales and the best way to target each business. I was able to work independently most of the time, but also worked in groups. The hardest part of the job was walking from business to business in the heat. Also, for some companies it was very hard to show them how they could benefit from a Sams Club Membership. I enjoyed the opportunity to sign up over 500 individuals and several companies.
Productive and fun place to work!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARMarch 27, 2017
It was a great place to work! Sometimes it could be unprofessional. If you find the right place, and the right people to work for it will be great!!!!!
Pros
Good Pay!
Cons
Phycially moving merchandise from one cart to another, you aren't guranteed hrs
fast paced work place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MT 59404March 27, 2017
Helped change vehicle tires, fixed flats, took customers order and made sure that they got the right tires for there vehicle. Balanced and rotated tires, did headlight restorations.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
not enough hours
productive place to work
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2017
Sams club is a great place for employment the people are kind and the work is not heavy. They are an equal opportunity company and there are more than enough opportunities to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.

70%