Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 6,198 reviews matching the search
Good Job Good People
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHDecember 3, 2016
Very physical but enjoyable. Dealt with the general public on a daily basis, some were pleasant others not so much. Very dirty job but satisfying at the end of the day.
Pros
Good Company and good Coworkers.
Cons
Worked in all kinds of weather.
Awesome place to work and friendly work place for the most part.
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 3, 2016
I enjoyed my experience working with Sam's Club for the most part. When I started at overnights as a night stocker my supervisor was very rude to me and I didn't get along with a few of my coworkers. So I ended up switching over to days working as a cart pusher and my experience changed for the better. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and interacting with customers again. What I learned from my experience with Sam's Club is that sometimes you've got to deal with difficult people in order to earn a paycheck but that it gets better.
Pros
Alot of friendly people on the day shift. Interacting with customers is very enjoyable.
Cons
A few people on the overnight shift can be difficult
Rocky Management
Café Associate (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 3, 2016
Sam's Club has a hard time keeping employees to stay because few of the managers treat the associates like human beings. The company has a rough absence policy and does nothing to help employees with medical problems.
was a busy paced job work went well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at sams I have no regrets other moving to riversidei tried to be transferred but for what ever reasons nothing came threw so i had to move on
Pros
good people
Cons
only 32 hrs was a part time
Fast paced workplace with friendly staff and room for advancement.
Produce/ Freezer Cooler Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNDecember 2, 2016
A typical day at work includes interacting with multiple associates and customers and completing a list of daily tasks in the produce and freezer cooler departments. I have really learned a lot of skills during my time with the company with the help of other associate, supervisors and managers. I would say the hardest part of the job is at times it can be pretty physically demanding when working inside and out of the freezers and cooler area. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is seeing genuine customer satisfaction and taking pride in accomplishng all of my tasks each day.
Pros
Associate appreciation meals, annual bonus, benefits
Cons
Inconsistent weekly schedules at times and work/home balance
Good first job.
Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIDecember 2, 2016
Walmart strives for stockholders not members. Rewards new hires and takes benefits from long term employees. Management can not make any decisions on their own, every decision is made in at the corporate level.
Pros
Closed on 4 holidays
Cons
Lack of training and lack of labor to complete necessary tasks.
You meet a lot of people working at sams.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNDecember 2, 2016
At sams I was the person who passes out free samples. I met a lot of nice & kind people at sams & I also learned how to cook a lot of different foods.
Good Customer service
Intern for Social Work Bachelor's Degree (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 2, 2016
A typical work day is busy and fast pace. I love the members communication when they come into my line. Management is good and they always a sensible about scheduling around my school hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people everyday.
Pros
The company shows appreciation.
Cons
Healthcare after a year
No organization
Overnight Stock Hand (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILDecember 2, 2016
Never enough trucks to work with & work was backed up. It was difficult to get work completed & no team work effort. Never any set departments & break room was always a mess
Very Team-Oriented and busy establishment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2016
A typical day for a team leader includes relaying new daily tasks to associates, ensuring the safety of the club, and also monitoring club sales. Mostly everything received by Sam's Club is received on a pallet, so getting used to using a pallet jack is also a job requirement. There are a bevy of computer and technical skills that one should learn in order to better help the club and its members. Interacting with members as well as other employees is an everyday demand that every employee must excel in. Since there is always work that must be completed, it is the team leader's responsibility to understand which tasks have the highest priority. The management team gives the team leaders any additional notes including things like seasonal changes. The peer environment at Sam's Club is one of the highlights working there. There is much diversity which allows different points of views which are crucial to accomplishing certain tasks. Since the culture is team-based, the hardest part of the job would be covering more than one additional department when the company is short-handed. Interacting and networking with the diversity of co-workers and members would be the highlight of working at Sam's Club. The diversity of the Walmart company would be one of its best attributes.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great for the socially inclined, a good system for the younger generation
Cons
No advancement for College students, Additional work from being short-handed can overwhelm
Was an overall pleasant experience.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYDecember 1, 2016
After all of the computer based learning for the position hired for,the position wasn't too bad, except for the transfering from cart, flatbed, to other cart, flatbed. Some of the items were over 50 lbs. Takes a toll after a while. I did get compensated when I broke my ankle, before I went to work. It was half of what I was making but it was better than not getting help. There's a lot of good people that work at sams club. It's not a job for the weak.
Pros
THE PAY WAS A LITTLE MORE THAN MINUMUM WAGE, NOT OPEN ON CHRISTMAS, EASTER OR THANKSGIVING.
Cons
ALL OF THE LIFTING ON A CONSTANT BASIS.
Didn't really enjoy it as much
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIDecember 1, 2016
It was alot of profiling in the job and some of the management showed favoritism and had bad attitudes. The co-workers was bery helpful and positive though.
fun place to work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2016
Sams was a good place to work and they also worked around your school schedule. My co workers were a great part of the experience at sams. even on hard days, my co workers were always there to make me laugh.
productive and fun work place
Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 1, 2016
I would like say that sam's is a great place to work for, that has a safe and healthy envierment with great benefits. I find that management and staff is kind and cosiderate of others.
na
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2016
A typical with Sam's Club will be nobody not knowing where were suppose to be or managers are being lazy. You have some hard workers, and you have the ones that just sit on their behind all day
Productive and positive workplace, with caring coworkers.
Cart Partner (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CA 92211November 30, 2016
Sam's Club, all in all, was a wonderful place to work. Hours were never short, coworkers were respectful, and everyone looked out for each other. I learned a lot about responsibility and trust while working at Sam's Club, and I feel I grew as an individual, both personally and professional. The only bad thing I could say is that management were less than spectacular. They felt lazy and uncaring. Also, they rarely, if ever, enforced their policies and rules on a multitude of things that were stated when hired. Such as the dress code.
Pros
Good hours, Respectful co workers, Job Security
Cons
Lazy management
Very productive and fun place to work....i have to say i do love my job there
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INNovember 30, 2016
Love this place not only to work at but to also shop as well, love my co workers as well they are awesome sauce! The scan and go app is a very convient way to pay without having to stand in line, the door greeters are awesome, and if there is somethin that you are requesting the club management team will do their best to get what you are requesting, an all an all great place
Pros
They feed us and have fun competitions
Cons
Sometimes hours get cut and that affects my check, but what job dont do that from time to time when needed
Challenging
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NY 10523November 30, 2016
It was a job when an income was needed. I did welcome the physical work expected of big warehouse stores because it kept me fit. The experience itself was good in spite of the fact that consumers have a general tendency to think that staff and employees of such stores do not have formal education and training. Never will be my first choice to work at again.
Pros
The experience itself (positive and negative).
Cons
That staff is treated as high school dropouts.
Worked as a greeter
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 30, 2016
Employed as a greeter and in this position checked for club membership and assisted patrons with store information. Checked outgoing patrons reciepts for accuracy.
Pros
great way to meet people
Cons
not a lot of recognition from management
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 30, 2016
Helping members check out,Counting money, collection of money. helping members find items in the store. organizing endcaps.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.