Sam's Club

4.8K reviews

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Productivity is paramount
Center/Hardlines Salesfloor Associate (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2015
Fun place to work, but hard to balance work/family life there. Hours vary considerably. Compensation was very good for a retail company.
Love Sams!
Casher (Former Employee), Nicholasville, KYAugust 3, 2015
I loved working at Sam's Club, it is fun and fast paced. I always was busy and ready to learn something new. I loved working here.
Love my co workers
Produce Associate (Current Employee), Canton, MIAugust 3, 2015
Over worked and under paid, managers only care about themselves, Very low raises. 10 percent discount in whatever dept. you work in
Work and workout at the same time
Checkout Supervisor (COS) (Former Employee), Champaign, ILAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Decent pay with experience
Cons: They play games with your hours
Hope you are in decent shape before getting a job here. You will consistently be lifting heavy stuff, working in hot environments and/or the sun, etc.

Most people are able to survive here by keeping their head down and just doing the minimum to get by.
Not supportive of Home/Work Life
Accounting Lead (Current Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 3, 2015
Not happy with this company and the way they treat theyre employees. Good Benefits but not worth the daily stress Yo mub well iked by management toadvanc wthin the company.
a typical day at work
Cashier (Former Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 3, 2015
Sam's Club was a great job being a college student working part time. They work with your school schedule. My managers were nice. The company should pay more for the work that we have to do.
Productive and an exciting place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Matteson, ILAugust 3, 2015
I really enjoy working as a cashier/sales associate. It gives me the opportunity to greet customers and build a relationship with my co-workers. Being a cashier at Sam's Club was just a start on my career.
Horrible work Experince
Cashier, Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 2, 2015
This job employment was the worst. They don't treat there employees as well as i thought they would knowing how much money this company makes. The pay was descent but the managers there weren't no help at all. The only thing I liked from this company was the interaction with new people and customers.
Fast past work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2015
Working for this company I would say had to be the most challenging for me. I love meeting new people and conversing however I don't feel i'm the best at being a sale's rep. I loved the fast past and multi-tasking aspect of the job.
Fun and fast paced workplace
Member service cashier (Current Employee), Vestal, NYAugust 2, 2015
Go to work help members and upsell memberships, follow all store and company procedures.Fun place to work but very high volume and high turnover rate.
Busy work place
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee), El pasoAugust 2, 2015
Can be hectic at times. Plenty of work not enough people sometimes. Each person has own area. Stock boxes and throw trash.
Day and a life at Sams Club
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Roseville, MIAugust 1, 2015
Flexible hours, will work around school schedule. Room to grow, offers incredible benefits, and hands on experience in decorating cakes.
Fun place to work, but hard to balance work/family life there.
Cashier/Member Service Associate (Former Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 1, 2015
Great people but too pushy on members
Gas Station Associate (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 1, 2015
Work was good until the culture turned to pushing for club members to buy into the new Credit Card. the other associates were great to work with and very easy to get along with. Management was nice as a pleasant as leadership usually are. The hardest part of the job was keeping all of the pumps running with receipt tape in the printers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the other associates.
Its an ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 1, 2015
Management is not very helpful, They make you lift heavy objects all
day. The pay is ok i guess but its not enough for what they make you do.
Cool place to work
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Danville, VAAugust 1, 2015
Cons: next to no hours
not worth the time if you are looking for something long term. the place has too much going on and doesnt seem to care about the employee
I hated walking through the door at the beginning of my shift and counted the seconds until it was time to go home!
Member Service Associate (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 31, 2015
The laziest people I have ever worked with. Management didn't care when the work environment was hostile and did nothing to resolve problems.
productive fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILJuly 31, 2015
Pros: nice work enviornment
Cons: none
i was always needed weather it was as a cashier or many other places in the store i enjoyed my time there with no complaints what so ever
productive and a very busy work place.
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2015
I, Henry McCulley love working, I love working with customers at a hard task, Such as on one typical day, i was due to come into work on a abnormal schedule. I manage to come in due to short notice.Its normally fully staffed with at least about 20 to 25 workers a day, But this particular day there were only a head count of 10 people working, remind u that i've been working this field for an average of 8 years. At the moment i was a team member but had all the smarts as a manager or supervisor, There were only one manager handling with customers returns and complaints, witch her original job was to train 5 out of the 10 workers that was there. I was ask to take that manager position to train those team members and was allowed to see those team members later on down the line within the next year grow into their own management skills based off the experience that i've tought.
This is a store where you shop in bulk
Cashier (Former Employee), West Windsor, NJJuly 31, 2015
I was a cashier at this company enjoyed the atmosphere my co-workers was amazing lot of hard work but i didn't mind the challenge
Industry