Sam's Club
4,351 reviews

Sam's Club United States Employee Reviews

Worst Place Ever
PRODUCE TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJMay 2, 2015
Pros: Your not Judged on quality of work just quantity
Cons: Short Breaks, Bad Managers
They dont care about you as a worker and you might as well be a brainless zombie because they dont want to hear your ideas. Even when you do well if your not a major suck up there is no room for advancement. If you need a quick job that pays decent , go for it but otherwise stay far away. Prices arent bad i must say that.
Underpaid with little hours
Data Entry/Member Services Associate (Current Employee), Riverview, FLMay 2, 2015
The people you work with are usually really nice and sweet, but they don't schedule you any hours, so the pay is horrible.
Good Place to Work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Jackson, MiMay 1, 2015
Pros: Decent starting pay, good people to work for amd with
Cons: typical retail store beurocracy
Must be willing to work hard and learn new jobs.
Learning new skills stocking and utilizing technology to do so.
Management is fair.
Hardest part of overnight merchandising is being accurate and fast.
Most enjoyable part of job is the coworkers you meet.
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 1, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was competing against other team members against seeing who gets the most members to upgrade their membership,to renew their membership,and to sign up for the Sams credit card and the team with the highest number of sales management will throw us a lil cookout at the end f the week or buy us lunch for that whole week or gives us gift cards or a gift
one big family
Store Stocker (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILMay 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch, etc
Cons: n/a
Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished, answer customers’ questions about merchandise and door greeter customers and clean display cases, shelves, and aisles
unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIApril 30, 2015
it was a very enjoyable work environment until store management changed then it was like it became party central. If you weren't in the "in crowd" you were treated like you didn't matter.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fall River, MAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Availability schedule
Cons: Short break, low pay
A typical day at work at Sams Club was trying to sell membership and also being a cashier. We had a set goal every week of how much memberships they would like for us to upgrade and everyday I would walk in with my best hopes to reach my goals.
upbeat, fast paced high energy
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTApril 30, 2015
Pros: always something going on in the break room for employees
Cons: heavy demands for sales but totally doable
i was the clubs members plus champion which enabled me to do many great things with in my position. i upsold club memberships and credit apps, helped educate and cheer on the cashiers on upcoming store events and promotions, helped as cashier fill in, meet and greet members and potential members and guests, i learened that i am a perfect fit for customer relations and looked forward to further advancements. the hardest part of my role was the craft of convincing someone to try what they didnt want but with a smile. i enjoyed making people happy and saving them money.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 30, 2015
Productive workplace
Assist customer's
Work together as a team
Great management
Customer Service is a must
Learning Environment
Overall
Cell phone associate (Former Employee), Auburn HillsApril 30, 2015
Pros: works around your time. Good pay. Great place loved being around my co-workers
Cons: none hoesntly but i would not work for walmart ( also a sams club company)
Great place to work its also a "closed in" workplace which means they are not a union based company Great benefits and I enjoyed it also it was great pay.
Flexible with schedule
Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2015
Pros: company picnics, snacks and movies
Cons: Hard to get full time position
The most enjoyable part about this job was the motivation that was given in order for you to succeed. The coworkers were very helpful and friendly.
Only worked here a couple months
Café Associate (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLApril 30, 2015
Did not work here very long, but i definitely noticed allot of room for improvement. The company is very big, so it was understandable that it was harder for them to give everything the attention it needed.
busy fast paced big box grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee), daytona beachApril 30, 2015
Pros: knowing they needed me
Cons: the pay and not being able to move up
My co workers were awesome and management also. I learned that I'm pretty good at sales because the job wasn't just about scanning groceries. We had to try to get the members to upgrade their membership or renew early while engaging conversation and efficiently scanning groceries and loading them into their cart or flatbed. I also learned the proper protocol when a flatbed came through to prevent theft and that was having to transfer everything on 1 flatbed to another piece by piece. I enjoyed talking to the members face to face, I received a lot of compliments about my personality but the hardest part of the job was the constant lifting standing and bending with some items being over 50 lbs.
Simple and to the point work, Fast Paced, but you go home feeling as if you accomplished something.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TexasApril 29, 2015
Pros: They would have cookout often, The people and co-workers
Cons: Schedule
A typical day of work was straight forward and to the point. We did what we call zoning which is getting the store ready to open, maintaining a neat sales floor while people shop. And with shoppers, we attend to their needs servicing every potential costumer. What i generally learned although i was always patient is to be more patient with people, whether their attitude is good or bad, and keep calm when a situation is tense. The management was overall good, we did have a couple MITs that made a couple mistakes and it caused people to have attendance errors, but that was the only bad thing about management. My co-workers were the best, i had formed very good friendships, whether its new employees, or those who were there already. It was very easy to form lasting relationships. The hardest part of the job was the schedule, I would get off at 9:30pm and because i used public transportation, i couldn't make it out in time to catch the last bus, so i would have to walk almost 5 miles. which would get tiring in the summer. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships and connections you gain, while working as a team to get things done properly.
You are working for Walmart...
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 29, 2015
Pros: Sometimes free lunch, discount, great hourly wage, yearly bonus, yearly raise
Cons: easily terminated, long shifts, heavy lifting
This is a hard job. You are physically active the whole entire time. The pay is absolutely great, but they work you hard and long hours. It is easy to get fired. They are constantly hiring a swarm of employees, and just as often firing just as many of them. You are on your feet constantly, and lifting heavy items.
I had a nice break room
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee), Covington, LAApril 29, 2015
Pros: learning technology, working with members
Cons: didn't give me enough hours in one work day for the drive
I basically worked wireless, electronics, and photo at the same time. I loved my coworkers and the managers. The hardest part was juggling all departments but working with the members made it worth it.
Fun people to work with.
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Decatur, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: good pay, fun people
Cons: unreliable hours
Most of the people there were great to work with. Usually managers and co-workers alike would just be fun to work around.

On certain issues the management was lacking, but overall they were great managers.

The work there is pretty routine, you know what you need to do that day on some things in order to get your work done. Little changes were made throughout the day, but overall your work was the same.
What you make it
Cashier (Current Employee), Marietta, GAApril 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, co-workers
Cons: lifting heavy items without proper work gear, forced to sell pluses and credits
A typical day will be transferring from cart to cart, and selling pluses and credits as a cashier. My co-workers are very kind and thoughtful, management can be a bit much because you have about four to six individuals telling you to do different things at once. The hardest part of the job is transferring heavy items, without help, or back braces, the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the consumers, and co-workers.
fun
Cashier, Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Easton, PAApril 29, 2015
nice fun place to work. good oportunites for advancement. good working environment. fun associates. thats about all I can say
Part time hours were a struggle
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCApril 29, 2015
Pros: Interacting with hundreds of people a week
Cons: Low wages, rude customers, management not backing the right employees
Very hard trying to keep up with bills and rent when only averaging 24 hours a week. I would continue to ask for more hours, only two of the five managers would help me out with extra hours, the rest worried about staying under budget so the company can make a bigger profit. Sometimes it was a little disheartening when you've worked so hard and still need to find a family member to borrow money from so you can pay for your rent as well as pay for books for college. I learned working with this company that it will not always be about the lower people on the totem pole but more for the customers satisfaction even if that means giving away hundreds of dollars in free gifts, you want that same type of customer to come back and occasionally spend hundreds of dollars a year. I did enjoy my coworkers, I made a lot of friends and met a lot of people while working at this job. I also learned a lot about electronics and different trades with working on vehicles.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more

Sam's Club Salaries