Sam's Club
3,731 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

Very nice
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 21, 2014
Management treated me with respect. Good working environment. Co-workers would assist each other with completing task. Enjoyed flexible hours.
Pleasant
Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYNovember 20, 2014
I can find nothing to complain about. The people are nice, the job usually kept everyone busy, customers were (overall) very appreciative.
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Concord, CANovember 20, 2014
Learned how to multitask and handle different situations in customer service. Management was okay, could have used a little work by helping employees needs a little more but over all they did alright. Hardest part of this job was communication with some managers and cashiers. I loved the fast pace of it all and most of the customers they made the day – more... go by fast. – less
Sams Club
Cashier/Member Service Associate (Former Employee), Cocoa, FLNovember 20, 2014
Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
Opens customer accounts by recording account information.
Maintains customer records by updating account information.
Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of – more... the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
Maintains financial accounts by processing customer adjustments.
Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information. Running cashier, opening and renewing memberships. – less
Fax and Pull Coordinator
Product procurement
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYNovember 19, 2014
Great co-workers
work well with schedules.
people friendly
Sam's Club Pharmacy
Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee), West Melbourne, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: everyday
Happy to Help. I first started working long ago in a Wal-Mart pharmacy as a cashier.
Fun place with lots of room for growth
Member Service (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKNovember 19, 2014
Pros: stock
Cons: cant really think of anything i didnt like
Coming in contact with different types of business people, and getting to know there needs and how they got started. Management was very nice and understanding with me being a military spouse. The only down side was being in such a small town and finding new members. But the upside to working for this company was extra money when the store did good – more... for the year. – less
It was a fun place to work
Cashier/Cash Office Associate/Floater (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 18, 2014
Great! Work cashier, cash office, and door greeting. It was a standard job you would expect with any of those roles.
Okay environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 18, 2014
Pros: being able to interact with the public.
Cons: transfering every item
Busy day, and a lot of transferring. Meet new people, moving up quickly in the business.
Sams is a great place to work
Grocery Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNNovember 18, 2014
a typical day is going in at 10:30pm and stocking shelves all over store till 6:30 am.
managment is good some bad ones but other are good

coworkers are okay not sure anything about them
customer service experience
Overnight merchandiser/ fork lift driver (Current Employee), Gahanna, OhioNovember 18, 2014
Pros: paid weekly
good for customer service experience thats about it its boring at times, fast at times customers are nice sometimes mean
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It Was A Good Working Experience.
very working experince had to be on your feet alot
sams
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee), Augusta, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: consistent retail
Cons: some times you have very hard fast paced days
go in get your needed work tools report to starting area with co workers and start stocking the store work as a group and clean as yougo and work smart productively some times very heavy drops lots of freight gotta move quick love working withgood people
Fun Student Job
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 17, 2014
I walked the grounds socialized with a lot of people. This job taught me teamwork we worked in sections making sure the area was clean. Didn't have an issue with management they assigned areas the let us work. Co- workers were my basketball team so that was cool.
Fun work environment
Membership Desk Associate (Current Employee), Memphis,TNNovember 17, 2014
I like fast-paced work environment, therefore I enjoy working the membership desk at Sam's club. I currently work part-time, this is the reason I am seeking more employment.
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Apple Valley, MNNovember 17, 2014
Pros: yearly bonus, great benefits, free lunches, fun activities
Cons: no set schedule, working weekends
A typical day at work would include answering all customer questions, answering and directing phone calls, signing customers up for memberships, selling our most valued membership along with our credit card, and helping out in any department that needed the extra help.

I have been with the company for 4 years, so the things that I have learned are – more... endless. One of the biggest things that I have learned is how to professionally talk to customers and work through the difficult day to day situations that I am faced with, along with keeping track of all of my associates and their needs.

Seeing's how you spend at least 40 hours a week being full time with my managers and co-workers, I have always believed in having a close relationship with the people I work with. I do however understand that when it comes down to it, work is work. If you are put in the difficult situation of holding someone who you may be friends with accountable for something, that you have to understand that you cannot let personal friendships interfere with the job.

The hardest part of the job would be being able to keep everything under control when it's busy and we're short staffed. You have to learn how to keep a positive outlook on everything or else you start to quickly fall behind.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is being able to see where all of my hard work has gone. Seeing the smiles on customers faces when you've finally resolved an ongoing problem and bringing the team to the company goal. – less
Wireless Sales
WIRELESS SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Canton, MINovember 17, 2014
• Assisted customers
• Demonstrated products to customers
• Responded to customer inquiries in person and on the phone
• Activated merchandise
Understaffed, Stressful work environment, Under paid, Constant change in upper level management
Marketing and Sales (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: i was employed.
Cons: unproffesional management, poor pay, understaffed, etc.
Same as above. I began employment with high expectations of being able to grow and advance within the company. Unfortunately, their standards weren't as high as my own. I'm a self driven, highly motivated individual and pride myself with the excellent customer service I provide. Lack of professionalism within the management team prevented me from reaching – more... both my personal and professional goals within the company. – less
Productive work place, with emphasis on member satisfaction
Cashier/ Cafe associate (Former Employee), Mentor,OhNovember 16, 2014
Made all of the prepared meals. I have learned how to communicate well with members as well as management. My coworkers are very friendly and hard working. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the amount of meals needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5