Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 8,054 reviews matching the search
Fork Lifting Passion.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJuly 26, 2017
This is the job where I developed a passion/love for Forklifts and Operating New Equipment and Machinery. Everything about the job was great, I left on my own terms, i had been working there for too long and needed to seek a Career Path that pays more than $12hourly for fork-lifting or Warehouse Employees.
Pros
Free Lunches and General Manager Loved me as their most reliable associate.
Cons
pay rates.(9hr)
okay work environment
Cashier/cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 26, 2017
even though you are able to move about the company pretty easily, its very hard to work in an area where the person who has the most expierience refuses to help you further your work knowledge there. I worked in the bakery, decorating cakes. The self proclaimed "lead" of that section, refused to teach a few of the newer people how to make roses, or decorate the bigger cakes. Instead we got put on filling the case and doing super simple orders. Which is fine, oh well. But it would have been nice to learn how to do the more advanced stuff in case we left the company and wanted to get another job cake decorating elsewhere.
Pros
decent people, free lunches
fun workplace, get to meet new different people
Hard worker (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work went by fast and easily. Some days would be a constant hassle due to all the customers coming in and out of the store. The staff working right be side me would constantly avoid peoples miss understanding and keep going to work. I learned how to work as a unit and adapt to the working culture. The hardest part of the job would keep the work force in tack when days would get busy but it was all about team work to keep everything in place and running.
Pros
free beverages
Cons
short breaks, weather
Retail Position At Sam's Club
Customer Service / Self Check out Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJuly 26, 2017
For the most part, I enjoyed working for Sam's club. Management was good while I worked there.

Unfortunately, this is a typical retail position, where an employee must be thick skinned to deal with patrons are many times angry and hostile toward the employees.

Management was very good at backing up employees who were harassed or mistreated by patrons.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Nasty customers
Good Pay and Benefits
Fresh (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 26, 2017
Good Pay and Benefits. If you work hard and are focused you can advance very quickly within the company. PTO time is very genrous and a huge positive.
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Floor/Zoning-Stock (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 26, 2017
fast-paced environment. always customers walking from opening to close. a lot of heavy lifting. the most enjoyable is the down time you get relax for a little while before peak time
Fun, must be motivated to stay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CO 80501July 26, 2017
This is wonderful job for people looking to grow and stay at for a long period of time. Overall employees are fun and hard working but management can be a hit and miss based on location. Its a warehouse environment mixed with retail operations!
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 26, 2017
Always busy
did not learn much here
management was very down to earth
workplace is fun
hardest part was putting things back in the store
most enjoyable was meeting new people
Sr Buyer role
Senior Buyer Brand Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 26, 2017
Long days with very high stress levels, too many meetings that did not add value to the essential job functions. Culture is very cut throat with many people looking to curry favor with leaders to advance career. Morale at Sam's Club is horrible most can't stand working there as they are always looking over their shoulder to see who will be fired next.
Nice work environment
Overnight lead (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 26, 2017
Productive and fun work environment when i work there. Nice break room and good associates up to 30 minutes to a hour lunch. Good benefits within the company
Pros
Receive a bonus if no accidents
Cons
Didn't keep a consist night manger
This job was all about numbers
cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
The management team failed to communicate ,None worked as a team,the only thing that mattered is how many credtis or upgrades to memberships were done on a daily bases,that none even cared about your job it was heavy lifting and it took alot to move this stuff another basket to ensure items were being scanned.The managment team was so unfriendly and very disrespectful.
Lansin, mi
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 25, 2017
Very great place to work, they pay you worth the experience you have in the position you are in and they offer membership and chances to advance or change positions that best fits you
Great for a short term job.
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
Company was a great place to work. Does not provide a lot of raises or bonuses.

Does not provide consistency across all associates.

Great benefits, 401k
Not enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2017
I started working at Sam's Club in NY I loved it. From my schedule to my co workers and the mangers. I transferred my job to Florida. I hated it. No hrs, cos' can't make any changes to the schedule, breaks are always late. I didn't like it all.
Instructional
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2017
It was a summer job during summer in-between years of college so I was mainly there for some spending money. There was a lot of walking around and customers don't really respect you.
Pros
Excercise
Cons
The elements of weather
Hard, tough, and long days.
Sam's Club Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJuly 25, 2017
Overall for some people Im sure Sam's Club is a great place to work in their opinion. For me, days at work consisted of very long hours, short breaks, cut throat requirements and poor management.
The Definition of a Bad Job
Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, VAJuly 24, 2017
Working as a cart attendant for Sam's Club has been the worst working experience of my life so far. You feel so expendable, overworked, and stressed out all the time. There are no positive aspects about this job whatsoever.

So many negative aspects about this job position, but I'm not going to rant anymore. I've already backspaced about 45 minutes worth of text ranting on this before deleting it.

Avoid this job position at all costs. It's an absolute nightmare.
Pros
Cons
Too many to count, no breaks, high stress, no work/life balance, bad management, you feel so worthless and expendable, dealing with weather, lazy coworkers, rude greeters
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 24, 2017
Great place to work, gotta be hard working and dependable. Opportunities are endless at Sams Club, you must be dedicated and forward thinking to advance.
good
Cashier/Plus Champion (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2017
I was a cashier and a plus champion its a good company to work for. Good pay and benefits. work with hours with you if you have school and good discounts and company memberdhip.
Good workplace, Low pay
Baker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2017
Good work environment. Reasonable expectations. Understanding management. Coworkers help each other out. Not good about giving full time hours in efforts to not supply benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval