Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 5,933 reviews matching the search
Good benefits
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHSeptember 25, 2016
The company does give you some good benefits like a bonus at the end of the company calendar year and now you also get to start earning paid time off at the end of the first year that you have been with the company.
Pros
Yearly pay raises, Good benefits
Cons
Took a long time to advance
great people
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 25, 2016
This job has taught me to never give up and always keeping pushing (literally). when you have the right help you can keep the lot clean and organized on the busiest day, without them you have chaos everyday.
Good job
Cashier/customer service (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CaSeptember 25, 2016
A typical day would include providing good customer service, cash handling. The work environment was a great atmosphere.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
short breaks
Very enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 24, 2016
Sam's club is nice, they have good benefits with retirement plans and Sam share with is profit through out the year that is placed into your check at the end of the year. For cashier, it is very very dependant on making an upgrade sale or whatsoever. But other than that, it is pretty good if you are a people person.
Pros
Membership discount
Cons
Profit dependant on membership
Friendly outgoing work place
BAKER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 24, 2016
I always got along well with my co workers and team, somehow no matter what situation we were in we always stuck together and got the job well done, even if some times we ran out of time we always finished 100℅
Sams Club is a very good company to work for!
Self check (Current Employee) –  1903 South 300 West Salt Lake City UTSeptember 24, 2016
Cleaning out box bins and making sure registers are ready. The importance of being cheerful and professional at all times. My co-workers are always very helpful and fun. The hardest part of my job is not having enough to do. Most enjoyable part is interaction with the members and being part of the team.
Pros
Free lunches for being safe
Cons
Not enough hours and not enough to keep me busy!
Good work place
Customer Service, basic receptionist tasks (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2016
usually busy sometimes hectic have to learn how to deal with situations where there are angry or stressed customers and when its the right time to get a supervisor if needed.
It was a place were I thought I would still be at. Fun coworkers.
Rotisserie Cook/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2016
Coworkers were great, but management needed a lot of help. They could not or would not give me help when I asked for it. Most of the time it was a fun place to work.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor management
Friendly work environment
Members Host/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 22, 2016
Fast paced, friendly place to work. Lots of opportunities, experience new departments and lots of room to move up. Love meeting new people and this place afford you that with constant engagement with the public. Fund raising and community involvement fronm this company is impressive and makes you want to serve your community as well. Sets a good example.
Pros
Easy to move up in the company
Cons
not enough full time positions
Ok but management was horrible.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHSeptember 22, 2016
Management is horrible they say one thing but do another management let's the cos do they're job when in are hot water Management steals store product
Pros
Meeting new people and pay.
Cons
Horrible management no healthcare.
not a great work place because of management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 22, 2016
unorganized
management isn't fair to workers
coworkers do what they want
dealing with rude managers
didn't enjoy this job at all
needs to be a friendly place to work
I love company
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LASeptember 21, 2016
Sam's cared about associates and help us financial and relocated after Katrina that we would have a job. Sam's employees were more like family and cared about what happened to each other
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Had to work Sunday
Good
Membership Manager (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 21, 2016
Sams is a great place for anyone whom is dedicated to hardwork. You must realize that this is retail, and they will require that you do allot and you just have to deal.
Pros
Great Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Members can be harsh
Fast pace, fun place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 21, 2016
Run a register and ring members out. Transfer all product from one cart to another while ringing it up. At the end of the day you help clean, fold clothes and pull product forward.
Pros
Fun place to work. Meet all kinds of people
Cons
On your feet the whole time. Lifting heavy stuff
productive work place
Connections sales associate (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDSeptember 21, 2016
enjoying the customers criticism. working here you learn how to multi task. some manager are awesome others just threaten you because they are having a bad day
Pros
enjoying working with other associates
Cons
management on your every move
Not a hard job
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 21, 2016
Easy to work at . Greet costumers and answer any questions they would have. I didnt have any benefits. Most co workers were friendly. Some management did not make hours fleixable, I was in school and didnt understand i couldnt work certain hours, but still scheduled me to work.
Decent work place
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work starts taking a tour around my area and observing what is needed on the floor. I also receive the truck with the inventory papers, and take notes of the items that I need to order. After I finish my inventory, I proceed to upload the carts. I always make sure to apply the FIFO rules on every item, to greet the members and associates, and also assist my Supervisor when help is needed. Accepting any request coming form Customers or Managers is also important.
Great for part-time or seasonal
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 21, 2016
Good for part time, not a very attainable goal of seeking full time. Unlike some of my other jobs you actually have breaks and lunches that are scheduled the downside to working here would be if there's understaffing or management issues overall it really is a good place to work for people that just want part-time and don't really intend on moving up within the company.
Productive and fun work place with a "family like" culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Work was generally pretty fun, a great work environment with a little pressure to sell upgrades and credit. Aside from the slight pressure it was a wonderful job! Great co-workers and management.
Had alot of ups and downs.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PASeptember 21, 2016
The overall place was great to work in. I loved working with others and conversing with my customers. Management was where all the problems were very unorganized.
Pros
Customers, other employees
Cons
shortbreaks, healthcare, favortism, poor management