Sam's Club Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,694 reviews matching the search
Great Salary for Senior Managers and up
Club Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaJuly 13, 2016
Sam's Club is a decent company to work for, but the company is constantly restructuring and people loose their jobs very often. Sam's Club also uses threats and intimidation against its Club Managers and store personnel to get results. The company will look the other way when a Market/Regional Manager uses such tactics against their subordinates, if these high level managers are producing their sales and profit numbers. Be prepared to face retaliation if you speak up.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Retaliation and Micro Managing!!
Flexible hours and no advancement
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UT 84405June 22, 2016
A typical day at work includes trying to figure out which department i am in each day and knowing what needs to be done for that department in a timely manner. I learned that the customer isnt always right but you still need to respect their wishes. The managers and co workers are nice most of the time. The hardest part of the job is not knowing which department i am in on a daily basis as it changes.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no opportunity for andvancedment or full time status
Marketing Lead (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 26, 2016
No day is typical. Everyday comes with new experiences. Being a Marketing Lead theirs a lot that you learn each and everyday. No day is the same. Management to me is outstanding. They are willing to step along beside you to accomplish any task.My co-workers are strong workers and they know their duties. The hardest part of being a Marketing Lead is having to leave work when it is time to go. Some may not understand that but I am dedicated to what I do and I Love my job.The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things and being able to share new information with my team.
Pros
Knowledge is there for the taking
Cons
Get to decorate cakes all day
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 24, 2016
Typical day at work is making the cake orders in the morning and then on to back up production. I learned to improve my skills in working with buttercream. First time working with buttercream tier cakes was fun. The most enjoyable part of my day at work is when a customer says they love their cake order and they leave t=with a smile on their face. Hardest part is when we cant get creative with designs that given to us, we have to follow the design book.
I will never work there again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 26, 2016
Really, only work here if you are starving. At the store where I worked: the employees were not treated well or paid well; there seemed to be no chance of advancing pay; benefits were bad, including the opportunity to invest in Wal-mart stock; the customers did not try to understand the idea of a membership; the pay was short for long hours; management constantly required employees to stay late.

Will not work here unless I have to eat.

Some of my coworkers made working here bearable, but only just so much.
Pros
One or two coworkers with hearts.
Cons
Everything else.
Productive fun place withall kinds of people
Cashier/Tobacco Associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work for me was fun if I was in the tobacco cage it was making jokes, pulling orders, running to get things of the floor, or being called up to be a cashier or in cafe or in the bakery. I learned alot about myself and what works for me when working. I learned how to count cash for the day, how to triple check all orders i pulled, food saftey, and effective selling for credit cards.
The hardest part of my job was selling the credit cards. but the easiest part of my job was the people. I'm very people oriented.
High volumn
Bakery/Café Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Utica, MIJuly 5, 2016
Very busy Ive learned to not rely on anyone to just get things done on my own, either with my self doing it or delegating to my associates. I have learned skills in organizing and prioritizing daily duties to meet deadlines and business needs. I do not feel my management team is very supportive or gives positive reinforcement when needed. The hardest part of the job is to continue to stay positive when you have no support. I enjoy teaching and training associates and providing customer service to our members.
benefits
Cons
hourly wage
Valuable Work Experience
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 5, 2016
From my time at Sam's Club, I learned a couple of things. How to learned how to think about solving problems while still sticking to company guidelines, and I learned how to listen to fellow associates and supervisors ideas and then make suggestions of my own. The associates at Sam's Club were for the most part friendly and willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job was making sure I managed my time on projects so as to allow me to finish everything by the end of the day.
Pros
Good allowance for independant thinking
Good strong employees with a good work environment
Overnight stocker/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXJuly 12, 2016
I work nights, so what I do every night is I drop pallets out of the steel for the stockers to stock. I drop pallets for myself to stock the pods and end caps in the club.

I have learned to drive a crown fork lift and I have my license and I am certified. The management at the club is very good and I have a good relationship with my direct manger and my club manager.

The hardest part of my job is trying to get out at normal time while making sure the club is stocked enough for the next day and it is up to par every night. The most enjoyable part is having a good time with my other associates and we all work together as a team.
Pro-active Required work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 15, 2016
Within my area of the establishment it was pretty smooth sailing. My co- workers and I maintained a really good work relationship. We worked well together, and also did a pretty good job of staying proactive in a lot of situations. Management could be a lot better there were times during rush hour there would be only one person manning the workload. Which happened to be too much for one person. I learned a lot of new skills that I will hopefully be able to carry into the world, which is amazing.

Want to know more about Sam's Club?

Ask a question
Did not enjoy time here
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 21, 2016
At the time of employment I was still a breastfeeding mom. They did not provide enough time, or the space needed in order to pump. If I did find time and the place to pump it was almost as if I was punished and they sent my help home and I was told to stay and close the section alone. That did help me though, especially with time management. I knew what needed to be done, and how long it took to get done, so I had to plan my day as if I was going to have no help and get everything done right, and quickly. Management was no help at all, with the section or any issues inside of the store. Coworkers were a great help, and super informative.
Sams Club
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 25, 2016
Responsibilities include excellent customer service skills, such as meeting & greeting customers and answering questions about products and services. Other job responsibilities include opening and closing procedures, new and renewal memberships, processing credit card applications, refunds, exchanges, re-shelving merchandise, processing click & pull orders, answering 5 incoming phone lines and transferring calls to their proper destination. Operation of cash register when needed.
Pros
free membership
Cons
Don't have full time and not a set schedule
They expect way too mucg from there employees they not onlywant you to do your job th
Sales associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TnJune 21, 2016
they want you to stay till 11:30 at night doing someone else's job too it's not fair they won't let you leave until it's finished even though it's not your job. Also if you are and older person like my mother in law and your a door greeter good luck trying to take your break on time or to even be able to go to the restroom at all they wouldn't let her go for almost 3 hours
Pros
cant think of any well some of the customers are nice all 4 of them
Cons
You now no longer get holiday pay, they work you to death
It's a fun and safe
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  AnywhereJuly 5, 2016
I always loved SAMs club from when I was a little girl until now it's a very safe environment and fun where you get to know everyone there I really like that you have to have a picture id to get in that's good so they just not letting anybody in and the workers are very professional never see them come out of character even if they have a unsatisfied Customer They still try there best to help the customer in the best way
Pros
Very happy
Cons
I love everything
It's not really the best place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 23, 2016
A typical day at Sam's Club you learn that management does not know how to treat their employees. Your co-workers on the other hand are fun and cool to get along with well most of them for the most part which is the most enjoyable part of working there you gain friendships. The hardest part of the job is the lifting, bending, and the work environment in general.
Pros
they have fun events and give out free food
Cons
They don't give you that many hours
It was a fun environment but very limited mangerial support, they placed full employment emphasis on selling credit cards and updated membership.
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 29, 2016
A day at work started with a currency check and then proceeded to interaction with guests and employees. I learned a lot about customer interaction and habits of regular guests. The employee environment was very distant but there was a great deal of unity between us. The hardest part of my work was dealing with management, they were only focused on the numbers and had no regard for employee satisfaction or creating a work environment that fostered growth. The most enjoyable part of my work was dealing with guests, meeting and helping so many people find the ideal product for them.
Stocker
Overnight Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 16, 2016
A subsidiary of Walmart, Sam’s Club regularly needs to hire entry-level job seekers to fill stocking positions. Primary job duties for stockers include loading and unloading delivery trucks, breaking down boxes, stocking shelves, and organizing backroom storage areas. Applicants must possess the ability to lift heavy objects and perform manual labor in order to gain employment consideration. Energetic, motivated, and dedicated workers typically perform well during the Sam’s Club hiring process. Training involves a few weeks of verbal and visual orientation. Hands-on demonstration may also prove necessary, in some cases.
Claims Specialist, Photo specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 15, 2016
I come in at 5am every day. I'm mostly driving the fork lift or training someone. I am all over Sams club as a cross trainer. I am a hard worker and always do what I can to help someone else. I learned to multi-task and learn every area of the business. I think the hardest part of the job and when I need help with something everyone else has something else to do, but when they need help im always say sure. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a few of my co-workers help when they can and they actually care.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Healthcare
Meat Processor
Meat Processor/Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Central IllinoisJune 15, 2016
I loved working at Sam's Club. Helped put money in my pocket while going through college. Only left because I wasn't doing too good school and my new team lead didn't seem to understand I needed to work less days not just less hours. Didn't enjoy his rule with an iron fist approach nor did the rest of the department. A lot of us left.
Pros
Workers, Pay was good enough for me at the time, Shift goes by quick, out by 9:20 to go party.
Cons
Team lead was very inexperienced, Hope he improved though!
A job that feels like family
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2016
Everyone you work with is like family. Coworkers are very friendly and fun to work with. Management is fun, helpful, and they care about each employee. The hardest part of the job is heavy lifting, twisting and sometimes working in cold conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with friends and having fun while working. It makes you want to go to work. This company also gets involved with many charities and fundraisers and they are always fun.
Pros
Coworkers become close friends, Charities and fundraisers
Cons
Healthcare, Hours