Sam's Club Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,373 reviews matching the search
easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 28, 2016
I had a hard time at this job but i learned to deal with it. feel free to apply here its not as bad depending on the location and characteristics of the coaches. i will go back if i can have as a part time secondary
Excellent Employer
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEApril 27, 2016
I demonstrated products as diverse as mattresses and vacuums to fresh or frozen food. We practiced greet, tell and sell.
Sam's Club
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 27, 2016
Was a Great company to be employed with, also a fast paced working environment, would recommend any applicants to apply .
fun
Cart attendant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 27, 2016
a typical day at work was very busy because of the sales going on at the store. Most enjoyable part of work was being myself and enjoying myself while working
fun place and alot of opportunities
LEAD (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 27, 2016
I love working here. It's fun, the people are nice an a lot of room to grow within the company. I have learned alot from this company that i will forever take with me.
high demanding, busy job
E Butler Ave - Supervisor (COS) (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 26, 2016
you will make life long friends here, however I was not treated fairly by management, and worked 10-12 hour shifts. this job is great for people who love to stay busy.
Pros
benefits, and pay
Cons
management is not willing to work with you
Full work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAApril 26, 2016
So much work they assign for so little pay. At times of review they never reward you for all the good work you have done, but highlight all the bad.
Pros
None.
Cons
Short breaks, no team support, favoritism.
productive and fun workplace
cashier (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 26, 2016
i make sure my members have the best shopping experience and provide them with the best respect and smile. Making sure they get and received everything they need to get them ahead in there work day.
Sams Club
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia ScApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at sams club i worked with kind people and hard workers. I would say the environment was laid back for the most part
Cart Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
Sam's Club is a family oriented workplace that treats customers as well as the employees with respect. I was a Cart Associate and I saw very little activity in the inside of the store. The hardest part of the job was working during the summer. I could get as hot as 100 degrees in Houston, Texas. The good thing about that was the store provided Gatorade to the Cart Associates on those hot days in a cooler. It showed that they do indeed care about their employees enough to supply us with what we to continue doing our job in harsh weather conditions.
Pros
work environment
Cons
weather
Ok place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 25, 2016
Pretty fast paced environment. Did not like the idea of pushing credit cards and PLUS membership. They wanted you to be very aggressive with it
Sams Club
Advantage Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin TexasApril 25, 2016
Great place to work and great benefits. The customers were wonderful and we had many return shoppers. The managers were very helpful and always made our job easier.
Pros
Good benefits!!
Cons
Worked very hard here!
Alright place
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 25, 2016
My experience so far has been good at the beginning but now i am not really feeling it but there are some people who are fun to be around and other's not so much. It was just something to try out for me I tried it now i want something else
Pros
Member card is free but after its 2.00 out off your check but thats not bad
Cons
Short breaks, some rude customers
Day to day worklife more stressful than it should be
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denton, TX 76201April 25, 2016
Sam's Club is a wonderful place to work depending on which department you are working in. Management is mostly fair but current management over front end department to date is lacking and inexperienced. Cashiering and Member Service Supervisor positions can be grueling and stressful with the added work of lifting 40 to 50 pounds of product all day for the entire shift, which was not specified when employed. When interviewing they make you aware that cashiers will be lifting this amount of weight occasionally. New management and rules now state that these items are to be lifted during every transaction which has led to medical issues in many of the cashiers. If interested in a position at Sam's apply for any position other than front end and you will find yourself enjoying your work immensely.
Great job security and benefits, but morale is underminded
Rotisserie Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 25, 2016
Working at Sam's Club makes you feel like you're part of a huge family. The way most people see each other and communicate gives you a warm feeling. Lots of corporate policies protect workers from manager/member abuse. I have often been pushed by my managers to be a better associate. My favorite part of working there was how supportive my supervisors were, and how they always trusted my decisions and humored ideas. My store's GM (General Manager) was the hardest worker, which you don't hear about often in retail. He owned the place, and he sweat the most, I always saw him on the move. However, other managers often made the work days slower, and lacked the skills to boost morale. Towards the end of my career there, even though I had been given awards and honorable mentions of my hard work, my managers often took that work for granted and would try to get me to work even harder. If a mistake was made by associates of high caliber, they were punished to the fullest extent possible. Even mistakes you saw the managers make daily.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Positive Aura (Most of the time), No union (But powerful policies to protect associates)
Cons
Management, Room for growth lacks
fun Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYApril 24, 2016
Fun place to work. Very fast paced and your day will fly by. Every worker seems like family because they all look out for one another, which is pretty cool
productive and challenging workplace
Cashier and Floor associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 24, 2016
A typical day at work is fun due to the fact you are doing everything, your setting up equipment for display purposes, you are arranging things in a timely manner. Management and co-worker environment was always the same as if you were at home around family. To me there wasn't anything hard about the job, but what I enjoyed was meeting the different people and learning about there culture.
Pros
family oriented, active enviorment, fast service, three breaks
Cons
healthcare, hours cut, no chance to progress in the company
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2016
• Implemented credit procedures that led our store to #1 in the district
• Making outbound calls to generate initial membership sales, upgrades and renewals.
• Contacted sales leads to discuss membership opportunities, membership drives and/or club
donations
• Trained new hire associates on Point of sale systems and customer service standards
Pros
Great people
Cons
Needs more training programs
Difficult place to work
Member Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKApril 24, 2016
do not value employees.
no recognition for good deeds.
lack of proper training.
low pay despite media blitz of better pay.
physically challenging
job details
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 23, 2016
-1st and 2nd shifts worked
-customer service/accounting
-good benefits
-poor management
-entering cash/checks, register balance, helping customers
Pros
great medical insurance
Cons
poor management