Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 6,880 reviews matching the search
Very fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 25, 2017
I really liked working here. It is a very fun place to work. There are many opportunities to grow and succeed. I enjoy meeting new people as well as the regulars that come in everyday.
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 25, 2017
Good as a starting job but nothing else about working for Walmart is that great. Work wasn't enjoyable and Walmart could care less about their employess
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Walmart is the owner of Sam's
Entry Level Positions
Warehouse/Gas Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA 20166March 25, 2017
Sam's Club is a great entry level job. Promotions/raises are far and in between. Overall, they offer more part-time positions, than part-time positions. It is not a career job, unless you are a manager.
Productive and Learning/Mentoring experience.
Cashier Operations Supervisor (COS) (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 24, 2017
Learned how to manage my time as well as that of others. Learned to tailor a sale and a sales pitch to better improve sales and upgrades. Learned leadership and Supervisorial skills.
Pros
Free Food, Holiday Lunches.
Cons
No benefits.
Overall decent experience
Deli Processor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 24, 2017
Lack of job security and management would sometimes threaten job if you were not pushing hard enough in specific departments. Overall an okay experience not the best
Management sucks
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 24, 2017
The members use to make my day when they shopped at Sam's Club. I learn that no matter how are you work or go above and beyond management do not appreciate your hard work and dedication. The work place culture is very diverse and I like working with different cultures. The hardest part of the job was management not caring about the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a happy member leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
free regular membership to shop.
Cons
Not taking a full lunch to help a member in your dept., because management do not know how to help the member.
60 70 hour weeks
Merchandising/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
Tremendous sales numbers. A lot to learn about buying and trends. "One time buys" irritate members. No concern for work/life balance. Use managers for hourly tasks up to 16 hour days to make up for budget cuts.
Sam's Club
Licensed Forklift Operator, and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 24, 2017
Sam's Club was a really nice place to work. It was a consistent and steady work load. Great environment and for the most part I enjoyed there. Great stepping for people who want to get their feet wet in the industrial field.
Typical Sam's Club Job
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMarch 24, 2017
I worked outside as a cart associate. The only real complaint I had was the weather but obviously nothing can be done about that. I just wished hours were more consistent,
Injoy working with such great coworkers and customers.
cafe (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 24, 2017
I'll will put up the supply truck in the morning, count and make sure every was correct. Get ready to open the café, have all my food and register ready to open.
Can learn alot by just working in this warehouse environment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 23, 2017
Not a company for someone looking for a career but instead a job to build up your resume and get experience. Pay is more for someone right out of high school just wanting to get there foot in the door.
Pros
You can get promoted fast. Lot of position and department to work for.
Cons
Doesnt pay well for any position ofher than a assistant or store manager.
Great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 23, 2017
I loved working at the Sam's Club in Tyler, Texas. I wish I never would have moved, because I still believe that I would have continued working there.
Pros
Long lunches, great food court.
Great place to work for
Overnight stocker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 23, 2017
Sams'Club is a great team oriented environment to work in, the workload is fair and the management team is great, A typical day at work as an overnight stocker is pulling your merchandise to the floor and stocking the shelves.
Fun exciting great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 23, 2017
Working at Sam's club was always a pleasure I was always glad to get up and get to work there the management was great and concerning the co-workers was as well the customers were kind and respectful I just enjoyed working there
Pros
Meals all the time
Cons
Pay was great
Good company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 23, 2017
Good company good pay. Benefits of going out in field get companies signed up for a membership. Great Customer service. Clean establishment. Managers very helpful with training.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKMarch 23, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the you get to meet lots of people, for me that was something very special because usually you look at the same people over and over and you don't see them any more like a member but you start seeing them more like a friend like a family...
Pros
free mambership :)
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2017
Very productive and friendly associates, fast paced working environment with competive pay. A lot of onhand training for entry level experience. Flexible work schedules
Hard Work, Good Pay
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMarch 22, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of clocking in and going straight to work. You get two 15 min. breaks and one 30 minute lunch and have a lot of customer interaction throughout the day. There are managers but normally one will be over multiple departments so if there is a problem then you have to go to a team leader. This is a good place to work for, it pays very well, and it has great benefits.
Pros
Discounts on produce, job security, good job benefits, and pays very well.
Cons
Somewhat stressful environment
Productive Workplace
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXMarch 22, 2017
Sams Club is a fast paced workplace with endless opportunities. Every day brings a variety of challenging situations that can be easily achieved by having a good work ethic and maintaining a positive attitude.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
I loved this Job!!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed my job it was flexible and easy to do. The workplace culture is awesome and it was a nice atmosphere to want to work in. The management team was great and very understanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.

70%