Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 7,445 reviews matching the search
Good and bad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 25, 2017
The employees were amazing. The management was not so great. The managers were the people the have to watch out for they will fire you in a heart heart. They sit in the office and demand orders left and right.
Loved Sams
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 25, 2017
I loved working there, unfortunately I had some health issues an was unable to stay but I'd recommend this as an awesome part time job. Very friendly associates and great management
not happy with the way company is moving
Manager (Current Employee) –  NCMay 25, 2017
Morale is like a roller coaster. I feel like there are favorites within the club. There are a lot of bad attitudes, that are rewarded and not held accountable. There is a lot of back biting. If your are liked by certain individuals you will be advanced, and have special preferences.
I also feel limited on what I can do, as far as my growth, there is no investment in the managers after having been in it for sometime.

I enjoy my fellow associates, and helping them build their work ethic. I enjoy most of the members.
Productive and fun workplace
Member Greeter and Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 25, 2017
Sam's club was a good place to work, great employees, awesome customers, and the ability to advance to a different position if you wanted to. the only bad thing was the pay.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low salary
Fast paced job that requires focus, endurance, and organization skills
Cart Attendant/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 25, 2017
This job can easily be described aa an upkeep job. Being a Cart pusher can be easy or the worst thing depending on the amount of available workers in the cart pusher department. When I worked, we only had 3 available workers for months. The other 2 were rarely available on weekends which meant I often worked by myself. The hiring process is very unpredictable. Weekends are the most difficult days especially Saturday and Sunday, the workload triples or even quadruples compared to week days, You're offered two 15 minute breaks and one half an hour lunch . Often found myself working 8 hr shifts alone. Often skipped my 15 minute breaks on weekends because if no one is available to cover for you, that 15 minute break can drastically increase your workload for the rest of the day. This is not an ideal job to work if the department is lacking employees. Cart pushers are required to maintain a full cart bay, which is virtually impossible on weekends due to the customer activity on weekends, help load customer vehicles, maintain a clean parking lot. No one will willingly volunteer to help outside unless you constantly ask management/coaches for help. Some coaches, which are managers, are better than others.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Taking breaks could drastically increase workload
Garbage Island
Café Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 25, 2017
I worked at the Sam's Cafe in Frisco and let's just say i'm barely 21 and felt like my life was going down the drain each day I worked. To anyone considering working there, good luck... you'll need it.
Not quit the best work place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 25, 2017
The company only care about their own profits not the security of the employees. The management really sucks they don't back their employees up even if you were so kind to the customers and they were being agresive towards you. They just care on keeping their business going no matter what.
Pros
Short lunches
Cons
Short breaks
job review
Associate (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHMay 25, 2017
It was a good place to work when i first got out of high school and while i was in my first couple years of college. Good benefits and i learned valuable customer service experience.
Taking orders and ringing people up
TOBACCO ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 25, 2017
Pretty cool job to work for. As long as you do your job and get the work done you are fine. Everyone is cool with you and they work with school schedule.
Everthing about this company sucks
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2017
If your a hard worker don't apply here. They take advantage of your work and make you do everyone else's job while still trying to stay on top of what your suppose to be doing. The pay doesn't match the amount of work you will be doing. In this field someone is always calling in sick so always expect to do double the work.
Product demonstrator
Crossmark Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 24, 2017
This is a nice place to be a food demo person. It is part time and is a fun sociable job. There is always variety in the food you are going to prepare. The management is very nice and easy to work for. You prepare and push your cart out on the floor and after your demo, you clean it and secure it away in the back. Very easy and fun job.
Pros
Trying new food. You get to have breaks.
Cons
You are on your feet but the shifts are only 5-6 hours.
Treated unfairly
Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 24, 2017
This company treats there associates like children. The store manager never smiles and needs to work on her customer service skills. I would not shop at this company.
Bakery
Bakery staff (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LA 70058May 24, 2017
At Sam's club I worked in the Bakery, Not doing any baking. More of coming in before those who do bake and setting up their baking station with a clean are and materials.
Pros
Smells great in the work place
Cons
Bakers tend to be real messy
A typical day at work
Produce Salesman (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 24, 2017
A typical day for me would be great work ethics. I wish to go to my job and learn from others and get to know other people while making a great work environment.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Longer breaks
Management is not helpful
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 24, 2017
The pay is very competitive but management isn't really helpful to employees. They expect you to put your homelife on the back burner for them. I'm only there for the pay.
Seems like you will work in a great and fun place but that isn't the case
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 24, 2017
When started off you think you will be in an amazing environment and work place . But like all places look can be deceiving , the pay is terrible there raise is a joke the management is not helpful or even care for you they just care for bodies on the floor . Not worth working there no movement within the company .
Pros
Just pto if you willing to stay for a long time
Cons
Wages hours and management
It was a great learning experience but bad management team
Butcher Meat (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 24, 2017
It was a great place to work with tons of advancements. I learned a lot and was able to advance to a few different positions before moving on to better opportunities.
Pros
Great lower team
Great job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 24, 2017
I love working at Sam's Club. Great people to work for. Benefits and customer service. Great pay with experience pay. Bonus every year depending your hired date
Pros
15 minute breaks
Productive and fun work environment
Membership desk associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 24, 2017
Sams Club is a very good place to work. We always work as a team to get things done and it feels like a big work family. The managers are great and treat the associates very well. This is one of the best jobs i've ever had, once you start it is very hard to leave.
great place to work
Cashier/Produce associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 24, 2017
Sam's offers a great environment to work in with friendly people every where in the work place. The management is interactive and supportive. The co-workers are supportive and friendly also.
Pros
cafe
Cons
no health care for part-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.