Sam's Club Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,583 reviews matching the search
It was a pretty good job
Front End Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 26, 2016
I was a Front End Associate. I was a great worker always did what I was told. They let me go because a member dropped a big can of string beans on my whole hand and I went off. The manager saw the whole thing and told me to remain calm but i guess my anger and the pain got the best of me. I took some anger management classes and my attitude is much better. I no longer act that way
Pros
30 minute lunch break
Marketing Lead (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 26, 2016
No day is typical. Everyday comes with new experiences. Being a Marketing Lead theirs a lot that you learn each and everyday. No day is the same. Management to me is outstanding. They are willing to step along beside you to accomplish any task.My co-workers are strong workers and they know their duties. The hardest part of being a Marketing Lead is having to leave work when it is time to go. Some may not understand that but I am dedicated to what I do and I Love my job.The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things and being able to share new information with my team.
Pros
Knowledge is there for the taking
Lot of cons
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 26, 2016
Thought I was getting a great job with a great management team. Instead we are treated like criminals and robots. If you open your don't have to do price changes or any compliance on your shift. WHY, cause the next persons coming in can do it. Plus have to run a register, line rush get merchandise for members , stock and zone the club. The best part is if you close you have to have permission to leave after your area is checked. If they are not satisfied I guess they think they can tell you to stay till it's done. You will all love this one. If you think they care about you or your safety you are wrong. You are locked in the building until they are ready to let you leave. Feeling like a hostage at my job. We all come in to work. We want to go home when our shift is over but we are being prevented from doing so. I hope this gets to the right hands cause something needs to change.
Benefits
Cons
All i wrote.
Good company experience
Asset Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 25, 2016
Good company to work for with good benefits. Plenty of room for growth in the company. Management and coworkers are easy to get along with. Relaxed environment.
Productive company
Merchandise & Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 25, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Sam's club the past 18 years its a great company to work for. My typical day at work is stocking out the floor and dropping items from the steel driving the forklift and doing customer service and helping the employees with the customer.
Pros
Great company
Get to decorate cakes all day
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 24, 2016
Typical day at work is making the cake orders in the morning and then on to back up production. I learned to improve my skills in working with buttercream. First time working with buttercream tier cakes was fun. The most enjoyable part of my day at work is when a customer says they love their cake order and they leave t=with a smile on their face. Hardest part is when we cant get creative with designs that given to us, we have to follow the design book.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 23, 2016
Sams Club is Fun Fast and Friendly, I learned the cash handling process and customer service. The management was very hands on and kept the job exciting. The hardest part of Sams was product handling, transferring heavy items from one cart to another, I enjoyed meeting new people and the fast pace environment
Pros
Friendly Environment, Pay increases, Flexible hours
Cons
Short lunches
It's not really the best place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 23, 2016
A typical day at Sam's Club you learn that management does not know how to treat their employees. Your co-workers on the other hand are fun and cool to get along with well most of them for the most part which is the most enjoyable part of working there you gain friendships. The hardest part of the job is the lifting, bending, and the work environment in general.
Pros
they have fun events and give out free food
Cons
They don't give you that many hours
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 23, 2016
Very nice work environment the employees are nice and the mangement is understandable but the scheduling needs work. You can learn alot from a job like this.
Pros
pay
Cons
scheduling
fun enviroment
Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 23, 2016
The days are very good and a good environment with the co workers and some of the supervisors. Everything was nice and feasible until i had to do things that was not assigned to me in the handbook. I was not a cashier and i had very little training but because they needed cashiers. They threw me in there!
Working at Sams Club
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2016
Its nice, its a little difficult at times but it is manageable. The customers are nice and so are the Supervisors. They give room to grow in the company if you do your job very well.
Productive and fun environment
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 22, 2016
Lively and productive environment. Almost always busy, serving customers and making them smile was the best part of my job. Gaining a relationship with customers was always worth it as well.
A Very Good Work Environment
Produce Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 22, 2016
I learned a lot about Teamwork . And Production. I met a lot of good people I worked with . And learned everybody is not the same and to be a leader you have to want it in life.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Very poor on emergency leave
it's all about what you make of it. every club ius different.
Member benefits coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 22, 2016
It's what you make of it. Great starter job. Move up with who you know. Great for college graduates as far as internships.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 22, 2016
I really enjoyed dealing with the clients that would go there on a daily basis. The employees were always helpful. I learned a lot in the time i was working there, and i enjoyed growing and learning.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Short breaks, odd schedules
a good place to work at part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 22, 2016
assisting customers changing prices on signs that's about it and i learned when to change the signs and what displays to put out
i leared alot from working for this company
wireless associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MOJune 21, 2016
I grew alot and learned alot in my 7 years of working for them.i over all loved working in wireless/electronics. I love that Iam hands on and loved helping people.
Pros
great place to gain skills and knowledge
Cons
company changes
They expect way too mucg from there employees they not onlywant you to do your job th
Sales associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TnJune 21, 2016
they want you to stay till 11:30 at night doing someone else's job too it's not fair they won't let you leave until it's finished even though it's not your job. Also if you are and older person like my mother in law and your a door greeter good luck trying to take your break on time or to even be able to go to the restroom at all they wouldn't let her go for almost 3 hours
Pros
cant think of any well some of the customers are nice all 4 of them
Cons
You now no longer get holiday pay, they work you to death
Management needs training
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 21, 2016
Sams Club offered me a great work environment that was pleasant and offered opportunity for advancement which I was offered multiple times. For the most part if was a great place to work however the constant turn over of managers and the lack of communication between the management and the staff eventually created more obstacles than the actual work load consisted of which created inefficiecy in staff production and extreme decrease in employee moral. Many issues remaind unresolved for extended periods of time and often times issues were swept under the rug. If these issues were to get addressed Im sure the integrity of the company that was once deemed one of the best companies to work for would return.
Pros
Ability to relocate
Cons
Inconsistent management and training
Room for advancement
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 20, 2016
Walmart does offer a lot of room for different jobs, and advancement. Sam's club is very member center. And care alot about the members and how they can improve their services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.