Sam's Club
4,768 reviews

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 27, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: sometimes you couldn't get in a break or even lunch
it's definitely all about the money, driving sales and moving product. the hardest part of the job was not being able to rely on your leader for guidance, there was no support other than those closet to you willing to work as a team and not bring you down then abandon ship!
A good temporary job
Sales Associate/Technology Representative (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 27, 2015
Regular days ranging from four to eight hour shifts. There are many different positions. An my fellow workers were great help in everyday tasks.
Sam's club has been a great help, as I go through school.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Sharpsburg, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great health and 401K benefits
Cons: No overtime hours offered
During a typical work day, my experience with both the team below me and the members that we assist are great!! At the original location I started at, provided me with a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Fun
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee), Evanston, ILJuly 27, 2015
It is fun and busy working here. You get to learn a lot of different things and it's easy to move up in the company if you apply the hard work.
Mixed Feelings about Management
Electronics / Mobile Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJuly 26, 2015
Management is difficult to see eye-to eye with, especially if you are an independent thinker who loves suggesting ideas towards improving efficiency
Sam's club is a good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Frederick MDJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Very fast pace
Sam's club was a great company to work for. They have good benefits and a good bonus benefit incentive. They are a very fast pace changing busy that is always looking to change for the better. They are by far the most advanced company that I have worked for and continue to grow as a company everyday,
Fast pace and productive enviroment.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 26, 2015
I have learned by working in retail, and also management is that members/ customers are always right. Customer satisfaction is a key element and when a customer is not satisfied it could be a loss to a whole company.
Sams Club review
Member Service Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2015
Very pleasant atmosphere and fun to work there. I learned budgets, profit and loss statements and how to read them and seek opportunities from them to enhance sales and the overall store performance.
Decent Workplace with Terrible Management and Culture
Technology Sales Associate (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good workspace, good coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons: Terrible management, high school pep-rally quality of culture, Terrible management
The actual job was fine, but management and the "culture" was terrible. Store manager was the worst kind of person imaginable. Uncaring, stupid, and overall a terrible human being. The assistant managers don't stand up for their employees.

Oh, and the Sams Club chants during meetings held when the store is open and customers are in the building are just embarrassing. They treat the place as if it were a high school.
Active and busy workplace
Member Greeter (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: I made a lots of friends.
Cons: My feet hurt from standing on a hard surface.
I worked in Austin, TX for Sam's Club. I was hired to join the marketing teams for the new store that was opening in 4 months. It was a an excellent experience in learning how to cold call, set up sales at remote sites for club membership. After our marketing team was disbanded, Sam's Club hired me as a Member Greeter at the front door. I had a varied career, mainly working with many diverse people and their needs. Management had me trained in all aspects of this retail job and I benefitted from doing this work.
drama
Cashier (Former Employee), Florence, ALJuly 24, 2015
Fast pace and fun place to work. lots of drama and some weird hours but i enjoyed working there. lots of lifting and turning on my back.
various positions
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 24, 2015
this job constantly changes, nice employees for the most part, really good benefits, closed four holidays a year and closed early on most others.
Not to bad, they push memberships way to much
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: easy work days
Cons: membership quotas are to high to meet
I was a cashier and it was not bad at first but, then they started giving everybody quotas to meet that were ridiculous. if you did not meet your goals, you got written up. Lunches were not bad, you never worked over your scheduled time.
dietary aide
Cashier (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 24, 2015
Pros: working with residents
Cons: management, hours, pay
Dietary aides have varied responsibilities on the job. Aides prepare meals according to recipes, plan menus and interview patients about their diets. In nursing homes, they often note how much food a patient eats. They help track expenses and control the cost of food service for businesses and other institutions. Other common duties include helping plan special diets and planning or presenting nutrition educational programs for patients.
Costumer Service
Cashier Member Champion (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Impprove communication skills
Cons: short breaks, no full time
Typical day… go in, clock in, go to my register, count my drawer, start ringing up customers, and stocking perhaps. Just a typical, regular day for a cashier.
Great place to work!
Member Service Cashier (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAJuly 23, 2015
I often work in the tobacco area and as a cashier. While in tobacco I stock all the tobacco and do big orders for members and their businesses. As a cashier I check every item out and box all items.
Meeting different people everyday.
People Greeter (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Very short breaks
Greet members at the door while verifying if they are a club member. Assisting with membership renewal's and offering new memberships to non members. Verifying all purchases before exiting the store. The most enjoyable part was participating in different fundraiser's.
Productive and Fun Jobs
Product Merchandiser (Former Employee), Puerto RicoJuly 23, 2015
Good Co- workers and shifts. Product merchandising and stocking. Quality work with great human resources. Would recommended to others.
Great work place to work
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 23, 2015
Great place to work. Atmosphere was fun and healthy. Management cared about their employees a lot. Very strict on discrimination. Not overbearing with rules.
Good
Sr. Business System Analyst (Former Employee), BentonvilleJuly 23, 2015
I have learned a lot from working such a big organization. Intact working under such organization fetches a lot in mere future.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more

Sam's Club Salaries