Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 8,262 reviews matching the search
Great company to work for
Customer Service supervisor/ Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 17, 2017
I have worked here for 5 years. I loved it here and have had great managers. Looking for a career in my field because I just graduated. Would love to work here on weekends if I ever had to.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay and benefits are not all that great
Never Should've Left
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 17, 2017
Never been more happy working anywhere than I was when I worked at Sam's Club. I started off at well above minimum wage and got a promotion in less than six months. Managers were easy going as long as you performed your job effectively. Seemed like most everyone was friendly with one another which created a happy work atmosphere.
Pros
Profit sharing, free membership, discounts
Not like it used to be....
Receiving Invoice Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2017
The culture of this company has went downhill, it's not about the employees anymore....it's all about the money. Upper/regional management in this company is a joke.
Pros
Some decent benefits
Cons
no respect for the individual
Very productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2017
Sam's Club is a great company to work for. A typical day at Sam's consisted of providing excellent customer service to every customer. While accurately scanning each item and balancing your cash drawer at the end of each shift. The workplace was very diverse, and I would have to say that was one of the most important parts of working for Sam's is meeting new people.
Busy and Productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79924August 17, 2017
Enjoy working at Sam's Club. Co-workers are really what make the work place and I am happy with all of them because they all do their job and are happy to help! It is a competitive work place as we have to meet goals of credit,sign ups, and upgrades. Management always helps out with anything they can. They are like a second family.
Lost focus on Members
Overnight Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2017
Pay is low compared to other places like Costco where a Sam's member service associate makes less than a cart pusher at Costco.

Yearly evaluations and raises no longer based on individual performance.

Cashier positions are being replaced by smart phone apps like scan and go where you can simply scan everything as you place them in your basket while you shop and then pay for everything without even seeing a cashier.
A Wonderful Place to Work
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOAugust 17, 2017
In my short time working for Sam's Club I met some wonderful people and made many friends with customers and associates alike. As a lot attendant, it could be stressful to do the job in immense heat, but they encouraged you to take many, many breaks, drink lots of water, and essentially do anything to keep you happy. I miss this job.
Profit Sharing and 401K
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 17, 2017
Sam's club is great company to work for because of the profit and 401k they offer. I loved it when I was working there. I worked in the accounting office by myself or sometimes with another associate and we get the job done smoothly and accurately.
Good place to work, very community oriented
Cake Decorator/Baker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed working there because there wasn't much drama. Everyone seemed to get along. It had its busy seasons and those always made it easy for time to pass and for us to be challenged as well as find new ways to meet the customers needs.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, very customer oriented
Cons
Not very much overtime
Difficult Environment to Be Successful within.
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 17, 2017
The store standards are so hideously low, that anyone whom is tries to legitimately excel at what is set before them is set aside as a pariah. Daily see sabotage, slander, backbiting and coercion to keeping the store standards at a minimum. The workplace culture is despicable, with no real joy found in the work- only in the gossip and socialization that comes with it.
Pros
Working for Wal-Mart Inc.
Cons
See above.
Membership Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 17, 2017
Its a wonderful place to work and the pay is great, but ome problem is management and hours. They have a high turn over rate so it effects the hours of part-time employees who have a higher pay rate.
Family Setting, all associates care.
Membership Champion/ Membership Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKAugust 16, 2017
Loving caring place to work for. The entire store is like a team for success. Can be high paced or relaxed depending on the time of day and what department you work in.
Membership Desk
Member Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 16, 2017
The desk gets busy and members gets impatient and rude. You have to know how to deal with others in a professional manner from members, to associates.
Pros
Stock, Breaks, Hours
Cons
Every man for themselves, bad environment
Overnight work was great, made terrible by management
Shift Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCAugust 16, 2017
I worked for Sam's Club for a few months. I loved the work, found it very satisfying. I worked with good people, but worked for not so good people. Probably isn't everywhere.
Pros
Free membership, stock options, benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Good
Meat Cutter,meat wapper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 16, 2017
Good place to work love the environment good place to work at great management team plus working together to make the job easier for everyone couldn't ask for a better place to work
Good company to work for.
Home meal service (Current Employee) –  Matteson, ILAugust 16, 2017
I love working at Sam's club, meet really cool people. Management is really bad! Close all the important holidays, and close early on new years eve and Christmas eve.
Pros
Free food, good people to meet, close at a good time everyday and good holidays off!
Cons
Poor schedule, poor management.
Awesome management team, somewhat labor intensive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 16, 2017
Typical day involved some short projects followed by zoning.

Learned how to use the TC scanners, tie displays down, use a baler, talk to club members.

The management team was great. They were friendly and always had things under control.

The workplace culture is fine, the morning and nightly meetings are nice.

Hardest part of the job is that a 40 hour week of mostly zoning is terrible for your back.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Back aches
A good place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 16, 2017
People were nice. Management were nice. Good place to work. The hardest part was standing in one place or lifting some of the merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the members.
Focused on excellent member service
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLAugust 16, 2017
Made for the guest satisfaction. Great place to work if you don't mind people treating you poorly. It has it good moments but i wouldn't recommend working here unless you need to. Just another job
Its Convenient for some
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 16, 2017
I have nothing to comment. Sam's is for some people, and not for others. I appreciated the learning experience that I received from Sam's. Fellow associates made work bearable.
Pros
The associates are awesome
Cons
Certain issues where not taken seriously

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.