Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 5,939 reviews matching the search
Plesent and enjoyable job to work for.
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PASeptember 26, 2016
Making appointments with Hr to visit there company to show their employees how they could save on the business and personal needs,

Learned how to compare to save money

Was pleasant to work with management and coworkers

Hardest part until I learned with get to the places that were hard to reach geographically right away.

Overall was a great experience to see the excitement when you can help people save money on their business and personal everyday shopping needs.
Fun and frendly work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 26, 2016
Bosses and employees are very nice! I made a lot of friends working there. Upper management is understanding of needed time off, or personal days. Goood place to work!
Fast Paced, heavy lifting.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 26, 2016
I started off here as a cashier making 9.75/hour, the pay was Bi-weekly and I didn't really like that about it. It would be a much more fit job if they've changed to weekly pay, and more benefits.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast-Paced
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 25, 2016
Detailed and required to be a personable and professional. Must be flexible and agreeable ready to deal with multiple personalities and needs of those we are providing our services to.
Soul searching experience
membership coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 25, 2016
On a day to day basis, trying to convince people to pay for a membership and join with minimal perks. The feeling of teamwork is nonexistent and the management team is not for the associates. Enjoyable co-workers but the associate moral is always tested. Meeting new people is the best part and getting to know different business aspects are a plus. Very diverse area with much to learn. Trying times include, quotas/goals that are hard to meet within the desert area.
Pros
meeting new people from different backgrounds and businesses
Cons
moral and leadership are belittling and almost not existing.
Good benefits
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHSeptember 25, 2016
The company does give you some good benefits like a bonus at the end of the company calendar year and now you also get to start earning paid time off at the end of the first year that you have been with the company.
Pros
Yearly pay raises, Good benefits
Cons
Took a long time to advance
great people
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 25, 2016
This job has taught me to never give up and always keeping pushing (literally). when you have the right help you can keep the lot clean and organized on the busiest day, without them you have chaos everyday.
Good job
Cashier/customer service (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CaSeptember 25, 2016
A typical day would include providing good customer service, cash handling. The work environment was a great atmosphere.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
short breaks
Very enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 24, 2016
Sam's club is nice, they have good benefits with retirement plans and Sam share with is profit through out the year that is placed into your check at the end of the year. For cashier, it is very very dependant on making an upgrade sale or whatsoever. But other than that, it is pretty good if you are a people person.
Pros
Membership discount
Cons
Profit dependant on membership
Friendly outgoing work place
BAKER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 24, 2016
I always got along well with my co workers and team, somehow no matter what situation we were in we always stuck together and got the job well done, even if some times we ran out of time we always finished 100℅
Sams Club is a very good company to work for!
Self check (Current Employee) –  1903 South 300 West Salt Lake City UTSeptember 24, 2016
Cleaning out box bins and making sure registers are ready. The importance of being cheerful and professional at all times. My co-workers are always very helpful and fun. The hardest part of my job is not having enough to do. Most enjoyable part is interaction with the members and being part of the team.
Pros
Free lunches for being safe
Cons
Not enough hours and not enough to keep me busy!
Very welcoming at first......now not at all.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 23, 2016
I loved working at Sams the first 6-8 months, but now I loathe going at all. Upper management is rude, breaks are almost always late no matter how hard the lower managers try, and registers always breaking down.

Due to the low amount of employee's, we are often getting asked to stay overtime, but are now being written up if we go over the 40hr limit of work. I am constantly being asked to go fill in somewhere, bouncing from one place to the next, and then upper management asks me where I think I've been the past few hours, like I've been sitting around twiddling my thumbs. As hard as we try to be positive, management always finds some way to crash us back down again. Corporate is lecturing the cashiers and floor partners about how we need to work harder when they really need to be cracking down on upper management. The COS's (lower management) are always staying overtime, and get managements heat when corporate is on their tails.

This club is unfair, rude, and overall needs a reset.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No benefits unless you're full-time, and then barely any at all. A whopping 2% on produce items only.
Good work place
Customer Service, basic receptionist tasks (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2016
usually busy sometimes hectic have to learn how to deal with situations where there are angry or stressed customers and when its the right time to get a supervisor if needed.
It was a place were I thought I would still be at. Fun coworkers.
Rotisserie Cook/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2016
Coworkers were great, but management needed a lot of help. They could not or would not give me help when I asked for it. Most of the time it was a fun place to work.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor management
Friendly work environment
Members Host/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 22, 2016
Fast paced, friendly place to work. Lots of opportunities, experience new departments and lots of room to move up. Love meeting new people and this place afford you that with constant engagement with the public. Fund raising and community involvement fronm this company is impressive and makes you want to serve your community as well. Sets a good example.
Pros
Easy to move up in the company
Cons
not enough full time positions
Ok but management was horrible.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHSeptember 22, 2016
Management is horrible they say one thing but do another management let's the cos do they're job when in are hot water Management steals store product
Pros
Meeting new people and pay.
Cons
Horrible management no healthcare.
not a great work place because of management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 22, 2016
unorganized
management isn't fair to workers
coworkers do what they want
dealing with rude managers
didn't enjoy this job at all
needs to be a friendly place to work
I love company
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LASeptember 21, 2016
Sam's cared about associates and help us financial and relocated after Katrina that we would have a job. Sam's employees were more like family and cared about what happened to each other
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Had to work Sunday
Good
Membership Manager (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 21, 2016
Sams is a great place for anyone whom is dedicated to hardwork. You must realize that this is retail, and they will require that you do allot and you just have to deal.
Pros
Great Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Members can be harsh
Fast pace, fun place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 21, 2016
Run a register and ring members out. Transfer all product from one cart to another while ringing it up. At the end of the day you help clean, fold clothes and pull product forward.
Pros
Fun place to work. Meet all kinds of people
Cons
On your feet the whole time. Lifting heavy stuff