Sam's Club
4,316 reviews

Sam's Club United States Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Prescott Valley, AZApril 25, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: short breaks, healthcare not good
I work with a great group of people. I learn new things everyday.

The biggest thing is working for someone who has no personality
Stresses out our front end staff by yelling and belittling them.
Fast past at times.
Operations manager (Former Employee), Longview, TXApril 25, 2015
Typical retail. No vacations during the holidays so not much time to have with your family. Overall it is a good place to work. Salary is par to other retailers
Fast pass environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Arvada, COApril 24, 2015
4,6,8 hours a day. At high volume peak times management hard to find. Co workers great. standing in one place hard. love helping customers
Fast and Accurate Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee), Denham Springs, LAApril 24, 2015
Basic cashier duties. I loved the employees and diverse customers. Meeting and seeing new facing everyday. Typical day, standing behind a register for long hours, wear comfy shoes.
A day at the club
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIApril 23, 2015
Pros: Dealing with many customers daily, always busy
Sam's Club was a very fast paced work environment. From the start of the shift to the finish there was never a shortage of work needed to be completed. Working at Sam's Club taught me the importance of building positive relationships with customers as well as co-workers. A regular day consisted of receiving and keying in new shipments, stocking the product, rearranging the layout, maintaining displays, cleaning, and working alongside co-workers to assist members. I really enjoyed working with a variety of people from everyday shoppers, to business owners. The toughest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day, because there was always so much more work to be done.
It was a experience to be able to work in las vegas
Cashier (Former Employee), South Gate, CAApril 23, 2015
This was a fast pace work environment. House keeping has been probably the hardest job i have worked in. Very tiring although there was good things as well. I learned how to clean and be safe. I have meet people from all over the world. Management was fine they did here job. As for my co-workers i loved them all great humble people. the hardest part of my job was actually finishing all 18 rooms, after a while i was accustom to it. The most enjoyable time was when management or the company would recognize your work.
A fun place to work
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Vestal, NYApril 23, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: pay not great
It gets really busy on the weekends but makes the time go by really fast. you get to deal with better customers than most retail stores but still have a few rude ones here and there. the job itself is pretty easy.
Very energetic people to work around
Cashier (Current Employee), Fargo, NDApril 23, 2015
When I first started at Sam's Club I felt a lot of pressure. We as cashiers are required to sell at least 1 upgrade and one credit a day. That was very hard for me when I first started. However, I managed to overcome my fears and started to exceed expectations.
A job, nothing more.
Maintenance (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCApril 22, 2015
Sam's Club is just a job. This is not a company to make a career with unless you decide you want to be in management and if you can get into management. We are always understaffed, having to pull double duty on our shifts as well as get our work done. The pay is decent, but there is a lot of negative aspects to go along with it.
A productive and great work environment
cashier team lead (Former Employee), Pooler, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Cons: no cons
Enters purchases into cash register to calculate total purchase price. Accepts cash, checks, or bankcards for payment; completes check and bankcard transactions according to established procedure. Counts money, gives change and issues receipt for funds received. Calculates discounts or references; requests customer identification for certain discounts and receipts as required. Maintains sufficient amounts of change in cash drawer. Balances cash drawer and receipts; documents discrepancies. Trains new cashiers. Assists customers in locating specific items. Keeps register area neat and stocked with necessary supplies. Assists in other areas of store, such as clean-up, shelf-stocking, or keeping merchandise displayed in an orderly manner.
Fun enviroment
Associate (Former Employee), Vienna, WVApril 22, 2015
Easy to move to different areas, constantly learning new things, Easy advancement. Managers at this particular club were great. They mean business but still have fun. co workers were fun to work with and helped when needed
fun fast past work area full of love
Baker and Cashier (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: the store would do little lunches for the associates sometimes
i honestly looked forward to going to work everyday, i learned lots of new things that could help me in the future ive also meet very good people made friends a day at work here was a relief from the outside world , nothing was really hard about the job easy work especially working in the bakery never a dull moment with those hard wokrin women...
Amazing co-workers, mediocre management
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Layton, UtahApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free membership, great co-workers
Cons: Terrible pay, manager
The main problem with Sam's Club is the pay and managers. First, I was a supervisor and was making less than 10 an hour when I started, even though I have previous management experience. Also, many times the managers are oblivious to how a typical day goes. They are also keen to throw you under the bus and not stick up for the employees, even when the employee is following policy. The people who work for Sam's Club are very fun, and I liked everyone, and created life long friends.
Productive Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Team Leader (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJApril 21, 2015
Pros: Love to see so many customers daily
Cons: no hours given
very similar to any BJ or Costco's . Loved to see so many brand new faces daily. Customers were awesome as well as every single employee.
Enjoyed the work not the politics
Tobacco Center Cashier (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Work was fast-paced so time flew by, some good people employed there
Cons: Short breaks, no chance at full-time position but long part-time hours, no benefits
Enjoyed my job at Sam's but could not advance beyond a part-time position. Benefits only offered at full-time positions. I enjoyed interacting with member's of Sam's. Sometimes had to work over my time slot because of lack of coverage and was written up for something beyond my control.
Fun, productive
Tire and Battery technician (Former Employee), Katy, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Lunch, breaks, friendly work environment
Cons: Some slow days, pay is less than costco
If you have no experience this is a great place to work, I enjoyed my two years there. Managers were always helpful, customers were nice unlike walmart I believe the membership cost filters out all the ratchets.
Productively learned good people skills and flexibility
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCApril 21, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: part time
At Sams Club I learned to work well with others and make sure to an extent that that members needs were met. I learned how to run a register and sale cell phones. Over all I gained knowledge for electronics and ability to successfully work with lots of personalities. Gained outstanding customer service skills. Managers are friendly and fair. The most challenging parts of the job was dealing with a dissatisfied customer. The most enjoyable part was satisfying a customer and knowing that I helped to ensure all their needs were met. I found pride in knowing the members appreciated my patience and kindness while working hard to provide the serviced needed.
Very competive
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TxApril 20, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
Fun and exciting company. Expresses high customer satisfaction and shopping experience. Many opportunities for growth.
Sam's
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNApril 20, 2015
Working at Sam's was good. They are flexible with hours and if you work another job. The co-workers were great to get along with. They will teach you how to drive forklifts to stock shelves and help you out with any problems you're having.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative/ Cafe associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, good management, communicate
Cons: scheduling, short staff, short breaks
My typical day at work would depend on if i was opening or closing. I usually opened and what i would do when i came in was make sure i had everything i needed for the day and check too see if any notes was left for me form the closer. Then i would have too prepare food for the day! I learned how too work at a fast pace and multi-task. I learned how to be organized and keep everything clean for customers. My co-workers was amazing and believed in team work. They helped me in many ways! The hardest part of the job was learning to work fast and meeting all customers needs at the same time. I over all enjoyed the job. I loved to come into work it was a job that i loved.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more

Sam's Club Salaries