Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 8,293 reviews matching the search
Fun and exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 21, 2017
It is a very fun and exciting place to work. I enjoyed recruiting new members for the store. I also enjoyed working with other employees and team leaders. The interaction from the customers was great. I was able to explain the benefits of being a Sams plus member versus being a Sams savings member. The customers were more excited with having a store here in Brunswick and having gift cards for just signing up. I enjoyed making a sale and the assurance that the customer felt after the sale. There was a down side to this I didn't like working outside because the weather was unpredictable. Outside our store front was ok but if we worked outside at a restaurant we usually didn't get enough sales. But overall I enjoyed it and I would do it again.
Pros
Free breakfast and power snack
Cons
Sometimes you work so hard you bypass your break
Coworkers are awesome
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
Benefits are nice but every manager is different so I would get like 5 different answers. Out of nowhere the schedule would change within 24 hours and they never worked around it.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Ramdom schedule change
fun work place
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 21, 2017
Great work place great people good place to retire from gets great business during the weekday and weekend great place to grocery shop for your home or business
Great Company, lots of pressure
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 21, 2017
I was a cashier for 3 years. I liked the job, but hated having to press members to upgrade their memberships. I had supervisors who, at times were immature and moody. The members were great and I had a number of solid friendships develop while there. I liked the job, but it did have its distractions
Pros
The People, variety of tasks
Cons
Poor quality managers, high stress to sell membership upgrades.
Friendly, fast-paced workplace with great staff and managers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 20, 2017
Co-workers and management were great, friendly people. An average day of work for a cashier is showing up, being assigned a register, and having a break every 2 hours. The members are mostly nice, and when they're either mean or indifferent, you just brush it off of your shoulders. Overall, it's a decent working experience if you like people and doing the same thing every day.
Pros
The people are great and you get breaks every 2 hours.
Cons
The music they play is loud and distracting, and the lines can sometimes get very long.
Relaxed atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 20, 2017
Im not happy with the changes that management has recently made/adjusted ease of use for employees. Making it too physically demanding on handicap employees.

I am pleased with the managers listening to suggestions.
Pros
hourly adjustments
Cons
short breaks and need to have work there for one year to receive benefits
Nice place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Matteson, ILAugust 20, 2017
I really enjoy working at SAMs club, I pretty much get the routine of everything, at times things can get a bit out of hand with members because everyone has a different personality but overall it's good. Wish we could get paid a tad bit more for all the ruckus we deal with on a daily basis
Meeting new and interesting peopple
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 20, 2017
I like working in retail because you get to mew new and interesting people (sometimes celebrities). I liked to be able to smile and making their shopping trip an enjoyable one.

I was a cashier but also did go-backs and assist with the self check-out line.

I balanced my drawer before and after my shift.
Pros
Meeting new people and laughing with return customers.
Cons
Seasonal work only
Excellent place to work......
Advantage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2017
Working at Sam's club was an awesome experience in learning how a food/merchandise chain was operated. Our Marketing office area consisted of two managers and 3 employees in all. Great hours, excellent benefits and awesome customers to come in contact with daily. The skills helped me to better myself in the marketing field and gain a sense of direction to complete college.
great Time
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2017
My Time at Sam's club since I work in Cafe is always quick-paced,
although I don't get much of a break during those times. For me being busy is quite enjoyable because it takes away from the fact that you are working. Time seems to fly by. Not only do I have new coworkers but I have people to rely on. One of the hardest parts of my job is when the line in cafe gets really long but I don't worry too much because the workplace is always happy to help.
Managers are great
Membership Champion (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 19, 2017
The managers at Sam's truly care about their employees. The store is closed on major holiday's, and the managers work hard to make sure you receive any days off that are requested.
Cons
Concrete floors
productive and fun working environment
Jewelry/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 19, 2017
I love the company but some of the managers are terrible. but the job overall is wonderful. I love working in the jewelry department, clothes, it give you the chance to meet and greet with people.
Pros
move in different departments
didnt let me move to second shift
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 19, 2017
working at sams on third shift was different for me because that was my actual first job. working on 3rd shift was the hardest part about working at sams and they did not allow me to work on 2nd shift
Poor place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 19, 2017
The biggest part of the job is pushing stuff whether its upgrades, credit cards, apps, renewals. Management has unrealistic expectations about these numbers. They also want you to push apps like scan and go that will take your job. Career advancement in the front end is highly unlikely due to how easy it is to get written up and you can only be promoted or move departments if you have 0 write ups for that year. Very low compensation compared to similar companies like costco. Ultimately had great coworkers, poor management and little room to advance. Would not suggest working with this company.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Selling/Quotas, Poor Management
Bulk retail store
Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTAugust 19, 2017
Overall I would not recommend Sam's Club as a place to work. You are treated as a easily replaced trained monkey and the company does not have a solid plan in place for its future.
Pros
Short hours on Sunday
Cons
Favoritism, low pay, high turnover, conflicting directions from management are common place.
Honestly not that great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 19, 2017
Average days range between a ghost town and New York City at the Sam's I work at. As a sales associate, you're constantly doing something. From working here, I learned how to use a cash register and how to fold clothes properly. Management here, however, is absolutely terrible. About 2/6 of the managers actually treat you like a human being. The others harass you if you call in sick and constantly get onto you for no good reason. The hardest part of this job would probably be keeping up with the tasks at hand..especially since the managers there are constantly getting onto you for being behind on tasks and make you stay late until your job is done. The most enjoyable part would have to be my coworkers. I don't have a single problem with any of my coworkers. In fact, most of them have recently left because of how terrible of a chore it is to work there or even change your availability.
Pros
Good pay (10.50), Friendly coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, awful management, no room for promotions
Overnight Shift.
Overnight Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fern Park, FLAugust 19, 2017
However, did have some day-time contact with that shift employees, enjoyed each minute of contact. Managers were completely understanding with serious life concerns and motives of mine for moving on. Even offering position if I wished to return to work, offering day-time shifts also.
alright to work if you just want to stand
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 18, 2017
I was only there for month, but the head cashiers treated you like you were an idiot and the head of the cashiers gave to much time to work there and not at my other job. I had to quit because of it.
Stressful work environment not worth the pay
Overnight ForkLift operator (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NHAugust 18, 2017
On overnights youre asked to do the impossible then get in trouble when a 6-8 man crew can't do everything that was asked when its a full crew of 12-14 people thats needed to do the job
Pros
Match 401k
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work but also can be stressful as well.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2017
For a long time, I enjoyed working at Sam's Club. But I think when business is demanding more work then management seems to stop caring about your needs when you can't work anymore than you provided.
Pros
Free basic membership
Cons
over worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.