Sam's Club

4.9K reviews

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

bad work experience
Pizza Café Associate (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 31, 2015
The pay is good, but sometimes the money isn't worth it to put up with people who treat you poorly. A lot of the time the managers were not around and if they were then they belittled you. Some of them would even yell at you in front of the customers which was embarrassing and unprofessional.
Started great, but changed
Front-end Head Supervisor (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed going to work everyday. I learned a lot and had a great mentor in my years there. The management changing constantly wasn't always a good thing. The co-workers were great, as great as some can be. You had your additional crazies. Hardest part was having limited staff with a lot of work. Trying to keep the members happy was always the goal, but you really can't satisfy everyone, considering that some would have not respect for the workers.
Did alot of Planning
Membership Manager/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 31, 2015
Pros: The Day went fast
Cons: not enough time in the day to get everything done.
Had a lot of conference calls and meetings. Made the day go by fast but it also did not get everything done. It was a fun place to work. Did a lot for the community also.
Fast paced workplace with little management assistance
Cashier/Cart Attendant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Pay is above minimum wage, decent work hours
Cons: Selling memberships, dealing with management
The easiest part of the job was the job itself. All other additional duties such as restocking and cart associating were fairly simple. Management was very lacking because there were hardly managers that weren't preoccupied with other things that were available for cashier assistance if it was needed. Coworkers were amazingly friendly and customers were mostly kind with an occasional exception.
Laid back work experience
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee), friendswoodAugust 31, 2015
Pros: free time
Cons: not enough management
I worked to sell electronic items to customers. I also set up all the displays. Learned a lot of customer service techniques and found the overall experience useful.
Customers from all walks of life
customer service (Former Employee), evanston,ilAugust 31, 2015
Pros: job skills
Cons: sometimes you may not be acknowledged
Great place to work.Because you getto cross train in any and all departments you can quickly become management material by cross training and getting to know all the departments and the way they work.
Not to bad
Member Host (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: We got a lot of good food for special events, they have cookout s and eats... For the members to got to help support CMN, MS, Make a wish ect...boss will be cashiers if we need them.
Cons: No over time
It s the boss they will be there if we don't have enough help for members . The co - workers are mostly friendly . They the company give back to the towns they around
Accessible Job to work while attending school, Management and Staffing could stand to improve
Cart Associate (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Free waters provided, Sunscreen provided, manage your own breaks
Cons: lack of viable advancement opportunities, raises only happen once a year, minimal staffing
Availability is relatively easy to input limits to a point that your work schedule can be built around your school times without overlap. Job is physically a work out, but mentally is easy to not be stressed about. Staffing tends to be bare minimum, but for the majority of times the job is still notably simple. Just keep up a consistent work pace, and the job flies right by.
Good first job but not much else.
Meat Processor (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVAugust 30, 2015
This was a good job for a while when I was in college. The people I worked with were the only thing that kept me there so long. Pay is decent but after the company gave all new employees a raise I was paid as much as people in training and I had been there for two years.
Good job to work for while completing certain areas in your life such as college
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunch services over holidays
Cons: Ability to advance or move to other departments was limited
Working for Sam's Club was quite an experience. You developed a family relationship with co workers and you end up staying there for years and it feels like home. Working so close with people teaches you about how to accustom yourself to different personalities. The challenging part of being a cashier was to endure disrespectful members, but also being mindful of what to say and what not to say in order to not jeopardize your job.
Enjoyable workplace with productive employees and excellent leadership.
Menber Services (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 29, 2015
I am responsible for reviewing members' receipts for accuracy to protect the assets of the corporation and to ensure there are no under or over charges.
Love Them
Cafe Associate (Former Employee), Naples, FLAugust 29, 2015
Work was always fun, they always had things going on at work for the workers. Managers were always understanding, and made sure there workers were okay.
learning experience
facility maintenance (Current Employee), Exton, PAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: membership
Cons: membership
my review on working for sam's club, i worked there, for a year, when you work somewhere, you never been to before, you'd be suprised what you can learn. my review of this store, they're a good place work for and have great deals
Jack of all trades
Cafe Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2015
While working for Sam's Club, I was able to learn a bit of every department that was there. From cafe to baking, there was always something new to learn.
Fast-Paced area where I worked, I loved it.
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norman, OKAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced
Cons: Associates
I love having a fast-paced job keeps you busy for your work shift. Not very much down time ever.

Hardest part of the job is they don't really rehire often so when you get 4 trucks in to stock by yourself and your still trying to learn the job...gets pretty stressful. Then you get stressed and make some mistakes and instead of a coworker helping you out they go straight to a manager and report you.
optical
Customer Service, Optician (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 28, 2015
i loved working in the optical. The doctor was a pleasure, my fellow colleagues were a pleasure and i was very sad when it came time to leave.
Great people and great place to work
Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great discount and friendly people
Cons: No cones
I worked in electronics but often worked all over the store. Great place to interact with customers and their employees. Management and coworkers were awesome. The hardest part of this job was having to go home.
Can be stressful
Cashier (Current Employee), Apopka, FLAugust 27, 2015
In the beginning they made it seem like this would be a really good place to work but it was the total opposite once you start working here. The management team sucks! They don't like to work around schedules especially when you have other obligations outside of work. They don't like to help with anything and they lack communication skills.
great place to work.
Meat Processor (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: free club card, yearly bonus.
Cons: pay raise.
Been here 8 years grown in the company coworkers
are hard workers and management leaves you alone if your working
and helping members needs.
sams club
cashier (Former Employee), greenwood IndianaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: you get 3 breaks
Cons: upgrades are tough
From this job I learned:

- How to talk people into upgrading from a standard membership to a plus by knowing information about sams club.
- Interact with customers

Management:

- At sams club the front line managers are always stressed, and put a lot of pressure on the cashier to get plus so they know their job is safe.

- The hardest part of the job is to get people to pay $55 to upgrade their membership, because not everyone wants to upgrade.

- The most enjoyable thing about sams club is that all the cashiers normally work together to reach daily goals so you are not alone.
Industry