Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 6,463 reviews matching the search
They are a good company
Member desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 21, 2017
They will train you and you have an opportunity to cross train and learn other departments, if you decide to you can go up the ladder eventually going into management.
Pros
they treat you well
Cons
they own your time, scheduling is very inflexible
Poor training and management
Liquor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 21, 2017
The management at the location I worked at was so terrible. They didn't try to help train anyone and when asked questions about the job, they didn't have answers and were not willing to find them. It seems like anyone can be a manager there even though more than half of them don't know what they're doing.
The people were great to work with but dint care for the company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 21, 2017
I really liked the staff they were very cheerful and welcoming each day and a great team to work with. I did not like that the company would promise you things and not follow through on their promises.
not 100% horrible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 20, 2017
Most things are very heavy. You have to transfer everything from one flatbed/cart to another. When you are on register and need something there's no good way to get a supervisor/cos attention other than yelling for them and sometimes they're no where to be found. They constantly want you to push people to apply for their credit card and upgrade and renew.
Pros
2 15 min breaks and a 30.
Cons
supervisors/cos
Everyday is a new challenger
Forklift Operator / Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 20, 2017
Everyday go to the office and get all the necessaries tools to complete the projects, analyzed and came out with the best idea to meet dateline. The end of the day get report signed and be ready for the next day.
Pros
job secure and small chance to grow with the company
Cons
no coments
outside sales
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Making appointment to meet with clients and to service their needs. I had great management training. The work place was a team environment. The hardest part of the job was taking breaks when I need to and the enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
long distance driving
overall great place to work
center associate (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTJanuary 19, 2017
Typical day is getting to work and seeing if the clothing area can have more merchandise out to stock, if its a closing shift you begin your zoning for the night. Managers and employees are always willing to help. Very flexible hours. Hardest part of the job is having to stay late after closing hours.
Pros
benefits offered are very good
Cons
working weekends
Productive & Stable Workplace. Enjoyed working for Sam's Club
Night Merchandiser (Retail Associate) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
During my time at Sam's Club, i was given the duty of ensuring that the hardliners aisles were in stock before the Club opened at 8 am. The hardest part of the job would be time management, but I learned tactic that helped my efficiency. My managers were all great, they allowed a fun and productive environment that made me want to come to work.
great job!
Retail Sales Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Getting to know different personalities made all the difference in the world to me because I am a people person.
Pros
great environment
Cons
great enviromngreat
Busy Workplace
Member Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 19, 2017
100% Customer Service
Requires People Skills and Patience
Large Warehouse type Building
Must be physically able to walk, move, and lift
Enjoy helping people
Young, Energetic, Smart Management
Pros
Better hourly rate than most retail sales.
Depends on location
Sales Associate, Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJanuary 19, 2017
The store that I worked at was pretty good, but I've heard that others aren't so good. The annual bonus was a nice perk. Scheduling can be pretty flexible depending on your position. Coworkers were mostly good and that really what kept me there for so long; we had a lot of fun and most of us got along pretty well.
Overall it would pay the bills for the right person
Technology Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2017
I would not recommend any sane person actually working there, huge divide between what a manager should be and what a manager is. could just be the location I've worked at but again, no sane human being should put themselves through such an act unless absolutely necessary.
Productive fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIJanuary 18, 2017
I learn to have time management, my co-workers are so friendly. It's always fun to work at sams club cafe, but its tiring at the same time because its always short handed. over all I am looking forward on new job that I could learn.
I enjoyed all the people i worked with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed all people I meet while I worked there. It's physcial work because of all bulk items u have to rang up for purchase an all business purchases you have deal with.
Pros
Commions
Cons
Sales at registers
it okay for part time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 18, 2017
When I first It was fun I worked 4 days a week most of the time was the weekends when we got a new boss she only gave me 2 days a week but when I left I was offered more days over all not bad
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
need more hours
All around great job
Tobacco/Cashier/Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 18, 2017
All around great job with great people and good pay! The only negative thing that i would have to say about this job is that they dont give many hours
Long days
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILJanuary 18, 2017
I learned how to work under pressure. A typical work day is fast paced. The management were a little unorganized but besides that everything else was expected.
a great experience
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 18, 2017
at sams club really enjoyed this job it really showed me some great and new experience the management was okay and they give ou the hours you need and want
Great Company to work for
Door Greeter (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 18, 2017
Great company to work for, but the job I had was not the right fit for me. I need to be moving about, talking to people and helping. As a greeter, you just have to stand in one spot and keep the talk to a minimum.
Unprofessional
Door Greeter (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJanuary 18, 2017
My experience at Sam's Club was not very enjoyable. I was told I was hired for over night stalking of produce and was then put on as a door greeter. Standing on my feet for 6 hours straight a lot because they could never find anyone to cover my breaks. They were not friendly at all.
Cons
Hardly no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.