Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 7,124 reviews matching the search
Not Great
Club Intern- Management (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 20, 2017
You will become a number working at Sam's Club. Upper management's actions and words are completely different. The job is very stressful and requires over 10 hours each day.
Great Place To Work
Sams Club, Greeter (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCApril 20, 2017
You get a chance to meet new people and converse with your customers. I enjoyed working with people who I could relate while working for Sam's Club, and if given the opportunity, I would work for them again.
Pros
Great
Cons
Great
Good place to work , but short on hours
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 20, 2017
Good and easy place to work at. Work expectations are laid out for you. Work place culture is based on membership sales. the hardest part I found about the job was lack of hours available to those who wanted to work more or full time. I enjoy the interaction with the members, relating my own experiences when possible on purchases.
Pros
associate appreciation meals
Good Pay, Bad Hours
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2017
I do enjoy working at Sams club. The only issue I have is they cut hours significantly at times. This made it hard for me to support my family. Management was always there to help. I have a solid team of guys. Just need the hours to support my family.
Pros
Benefits, Store hours
Cons
Lack of wages budget, not a huge advancement drive
They currently have all benefits available.
Bakery Helper (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 20, 2017
Very stressful to complete tasks on time. Too much work for the time given and the pay rate. Not a flexible company when needing time off for appointment and personal issues.
Productive and flexible with good part time benefits
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Jersey Village, TXApril 20, 2017
Retail store that is productive and demanding. Time is of the essence. Every customer matters and so does your job. Lateness is accounted for so don't be late. I would recommend this for anyone who is interested in work part-time. As a career, preferable lead position or better. Everyone works hard. People are caring and great in the workplace. Learning is always good!
Pros
Great coworking relationships
Cons
hardest part of the job is cake decorating
It was ok but the management was poor and the act like they didnt care about the staff sometimes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDApril 20, 2017
it can be stressful sometimes you dont get helpand i leaned that u half to solve problems on ur own because no one is never around to help. The management is horrible.
Pros
Not having help from your team
Cons
Helping the people and pitting smiles on their face
Hard, Long hours
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 20, 2017
*Very hard job
*It is fun if you want to make it fun
*Management is really cool
*I loved the 6am breaks outside
*Hardest part of the job was moving the heavy boxes with your hands.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZApril 19, 2017
Sams Club was a great learning experience. I was very active while working at Sam's Club. In the two years I was working at the club i was promoted twice.
Pros
advancement
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Director of Membership and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2017
Great place to work, many opportunities to learn, travel. Awesome people, flexible work life balance.
There are multiple avenues to grow and learn. You can work with Walmart or Sams Club.
Pros
Growth Potential
Cons
NA
Friendly environement and works well with schedules.
MERCHANDISER/TIRE&BATTERY MECHANIC/LEAD (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CA 91740April 19, 2017
Fun place to be at, everyone seems to be friendly along with building relationships with long time members. Managers are nice to work for but is not a place for a career.
Poor Management and Terrible Place To Work
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 19, 2017
This is a terrible place to work. The managers are very poor and play favorites to team members. I would not recommend anyone work for them and keep looking for a job.
its so ghetto
Marketing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2017
sams club is terrible the service is terrible, i wouldnt even shop here, i rather spend my money at Costco. this place is becoming so ghetto, yelling over your ear to get a supervisor, their cashiers talking to other cashiers while servicing members or their on their phones. working here is all about favortism, if youre not one of their favorites you wont get far. its true, i worked at other locations, and it is all the same
Stable job enviorment
LEAD TOBACCO CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Texas,houstonApril 19, 2017
The management was poor, the employess and shift leaders were amazing. We had scheduled lunches and breaks that we could take at any time which made working a lot easier.
Worked with great people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2017
Generally a good place to work. Worked with some great people. Decent pay and schedule. Positive atmosphere. Learned a lot about retail and leadership.
Deli Processor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 19, 2017
A great work environment that pays well for your time and hard work. Plenty of opportunities to change positions within the store if you are not enjoying what you are doing. Management is decent. Most Same Clubs have a pretty high turnover rate and as such your area could be under staffed. Rules are pretty strict when it comes to cleaning, especially in the meat department and bakery area, so no slaking off there. If you work hard there is potential upward mobility. Depending on management and staffing this could be a very enjoyable place to work!
Pros
Mandatory Lunch Break, Sam's Share, Free Membership, Health Care / Insurance
Cons
Lack of proper staffing
Great place to work for retail
COS-Front end and front desk assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Garden city,ksApril 19, 2017
Sam's club as an individual store is really fast pace and is a really great place to work if you are people friendly as well while being able to have a great job experience.
Pros
Being able work in a great invorment
Cons
When a request is brought upon it takes at the least 15 mins for a answer.
Difficult job, no corporate support
Front End Employee (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKApril 18, 2017
This company cuts every corner possible, to the point that employees and customers suffer...but that's not news to anyone.
Positive aspects: as a cashier I enjoyed interacting with the general public. Also met some incredible people, who have hearts of gold and work their tail off day in and day out.
Big Box retail with high standards and expectations
Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 18, 2017
Management: 10 hours or more a day. Over specific area of store but expected to be involved and knowledgeable of all operations. Ensure shoppers have a great experience to continue to come back along with helping the associate by giving them the tools that need to succeed. Great products and great prices. Hardest part of the job is making sure you have a work/life balance. It is easy to be so consumed in daily operations that you are there longer that required. The most enjoyable part is the job security and the benefits.
Pros
great insurance, stock purchases
Cons
always changing expectations
A lot of opportunity
Allocation Manager II (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 18, 2017
A lot of opportunity for growth and good work life balance. My leadership is engaged. Enjoy the co workers I work with and the opportunity to support clubs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.