Sam's Club

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 5,134 reviews matching the search
fun work place
night shift (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 6, 2016
fast pace enviorment with a customer first and being asked to go above and beyond the demand being asked of you at all times
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
asked alot of you
Hard work Fun people
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 5, 2016
The job can vary from always moving (on the go) to slow paced and nothing to do. You organize carts for in club use while at the same time providing customer service.
Pros
choose your own break times. Nice and friendly co-workers.
Cons
weather (sometimes). switching from doing too much to not doing enough
Overall decent company to work for
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 5, 2016
For some, Sam's Club is a great place to develop a career through and support your home with. But as for myself, it was a way to support and fund my living while I was in school. I loved the people I met through the company and will have long standing friendships because of this. I do not however, agree with the management I observed during my employment with the company. There seemed to a sort of hierarchy system incorporated here whereas if you didn't have enough seniority, you were given scraps comparably to what those with more experience received (ie favoritism in scheduling, accountability). I enjoyed the work I did with Sam's Club overall because of the skills and experience I developed here. The hardest part of working for this company were the disagreeable things we were forced to do in order to "better serve our members." I never had an issue with compliance to the company policies enforced here; just the simple fact that in order to satisfy the customer, rules were bent and sometimes broken and I never agreed with this.
Pros
Co-Workers, Work Environment, Paid Membership through Employment
Cons
Benefits, Poor Scheduling, Understaffing
Getting use to staying up all night
OVERNIGHT MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Having the run of the entire warehouse all night long was very enlightening, It was very gratifying to see how the warehouse looked when we departed every morning as opposed to how it looked when we came in.
Pros
no interruptions while performing my job
Cons
felt sleepy some nights
The excitement of the job have downgrade .
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAFebruary 4, 2016
It use to be a very wonderful place to work and enjoy the work family, but some many changes have remove the core of the goodness.
great place to work with smiling faces
Maintenance Worker/Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAFebruary 4, 2016
did trash run throughout the whole store, also painted lines and caution signs in the store pulled carts in harsh weather, but learned the valuable lesson of patience. it was hard to move up in SAM's because of the favoritism showed by other employee and workers
Pros
benefits were great`
Cons
cart pushing
overall it was a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 4, 2016
i spent the first week learning all about the sams club way.it was enjoyable and not to difficult to comprehend. My co-workers were all happy and upbeat and it made the day pass that much faster
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I have always had good jobs and I strive to to them to the best of my ability. On a typical day I try to help as many customers as possible
Need better managment team
Lead Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 3, 2016
The company will not help and always short staff in departments from day to day. However, coworkers will treat you like family and help out when need it
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Healthcare and short breaks
Get along with employees
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 3, 2016
The employees are awesome to work with. Management has a lot of things to work out, to make employees happy. The hours put in and the paycheck received is not enough to make ends meet. Have to ask for more hours, or work second job.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
rude managers, low pay
Productive and Enjoying Working Environment
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Sam's Club is a wonderful place to work. There is never a dull moment and you are surrounded by wonderful people. As a Member Service Supervisor (MSS), my typical day is fast paced and filled with excitement. I have an extremely supportive team lead and management staff. I am guaranteed to learn something new everyday whether its from a member of management or veteran co-worker.
Sam's Club was a great place to work. Great people all over the world.
Closing Operating Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKFebruary 2, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Sam's Club. There was never a dull moment when I was at work. The atmosphere was great. Sam's club allowed you to participate in the MIT ( Manager In training) program. They were very positive with the associates. All of the associates thought of you as family and you were treated like one. The hardest thing about my job was the moving. My husband was in the Military and we moved every 2-3 years to different states and I was able to transfer to another Sam's Club. No hassle. I miss my co-workers, but since we no longer have to move, I get to see the friends that I left behind.
Pros
Christmas Bonus, Holiday Parties, Personal Days
Cons
No Cons
Fun Job.
Check Out Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. The hours of operation were decent. It was fairly easy to advance. I started as a cashier, then went to a part time cos, then a cash office associate, then a full time COS.
Nice people. Zero organization
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 1, 2016
Co-workers are wonder, management is disorganized and not helpful when needed. Scheduling is awful and they won't let you go home (approved) for emergencies.
Great company to work. I feel every person should have an opportunity to work a retail position.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Streamwood, ILFebruary 1, 2016
I like working at Sam's Club, some days are challenging, but that is the world of Sales/Retail. I love to work with nice people and also deal with members on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is striving to be the best sales person.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Customer service sales associate
selling products to the customers
management was alright
co-workers was great
when you feel appreciated
Super Fun
Overnight Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 31, 2016
Great team environment. I worked here during college and it taught me a lot about accountability and helped structure me into the adult I am today. Great staff!!
Not a lot of job advancement possibilities
Member Service/ Electronics Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Sam's Club is just a tad bit nicer than walmart stores. I didn't really like the structure of management, and I personally felt it was all favoritism when it came to promotions and job advancements.
Sams Club
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 31, 2016
Working for Sams has been a great experience. The company as always helped me when if I ever had a medical or family emergency. Also has given me the opportunity to help me in my field of study
Pros
Great co-workers, flexible hours. great management
Cons
dislike the lack of opportunity for growth in my position
Sam's Club
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 31, 2016
Working at Sam's Club has its good days and bad days. Management is horrible and the only thing they care about is upgrading memberships and selling credit cards. Sometimes they go through a point were you don't get hours and be off for a whole week or two. The only thing I like about working there is that I have fun co-workers to work with.