Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Deli Processor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 14, 2017
A typical day at work at Sam's Club was getting the rotisserie chicken prepped for cooking and put in the oven. Stock the floor and pull out of date merchandise.
Friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHNovember 14, 2017
Everyone is nice, most of the mangers are hella cool, good pay, nice hours, easy learning, simple set up of andvancement in career, friendly staff....
Great team
TIRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL 33770November 14, 2017
Worked in tire shop also learned customer service management was great always there when needed only left due to higher paying job and new experience in ac duct work
Pros
People
Cons
Hot in shop
Overworked and Underpaid
Cashier/Cafe (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 14, 2017
Sam's Club is not the worst place to work, however, it is not the best place to be as well. The managers have favoritism over associates, hours are not consistent with work week, one week it may be 28 hours, the next 35, back to 28 hours.
I loved sams club
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ 08543November 14, 2017
When I started to work at Sam's club my father had passed. Unfortunately I couldn't take the stress of his passing and working... But they ragreat store.
nnnn
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 14, 2017
it was a good experience the managers were terrible the did not want to manage they wanted to be workers the job functions were very easy and the work environment was fun
Really fast pace job
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRNovember 14, 2017
It is a good company. Your hours goes fast because of the fast pace chores and responsabilities. Good benefits and you can learn alot from diferent ares of the buisness.
Benefits
Cons
Sometimes exhausting job
The Fun and Exciting
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 14, 2017
30 minute lunch breaks unpaid
15 minute breaks paid
Fast paced environment
Friendly people
Sometimes food is given as reward for job well done
About's Club Sam
Customer service representative, cashier (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 13, 2017
My typical day at work is getting there at 7 in the morning and asking the members if they would like to upgrade to a plus membership to save money or apply for a Sam's master card and get $40 off of their purchase. The only thing that I am learning is how to deal with the different members. Management is pretty good but of course they go by what corporate wants for that particular store. For the workplace culture, Sam's Club is an good place to work for someone that is just starting out. The hard part of the job is to get upgrades and credits that is how we keep our job. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make the members happy and that I get along with my co-workers.
Pros
Most of the time I go in a 7 in the morning and if I want to stay later for more hours, most of the time they will let me stay.
Cons
Pay is not good enough. Wish I could work 40 hrs a week
good place to work if shifts dont matter .Management is fair and pay is fair
Center Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2017
go to work dept. maintain center of warehouse.I learned to help members while working.Management usually consistently good Workplace was generally pleasant.Hardest part about my job was standing on concrete and leaning to fold clothing creating back damage. The best part of the job was pleasant co workers and pleasant public.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
bad hours. All night shifts
Culture Stinks
Fresh Operations/Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 13, 2017
The hours aren't fitting for a family man.The culture stinks. They should create a more positive environment. They will continue to lose valuable associates.
Would not recommend anyone to work here
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 13, 2017
underpaid and there were too many double standards there. They didn't accommodate my doctors excuses. Lots of bullying by the management team and threats if you didn't get upgrades on memberships
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 13, 2017
The management was incredibly poor. All but one of the managers were too lazy to get anything done and all sales associates had to make up for their mistakes and clean up their messes which then put everyone behind. Any problems in the work place were either handled poorly or not at all.
Good Pay, No Idea whats going on
Cafe, Electronics, and Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 13, 2017
It does pay good but there are too many people trying to be the boss in there and none of the bosses seem to communicate with each other. At times it was a decent place to work at, and, at others, it was a nightmare, not knowing when you were going to step on the next landmine and get fired.
productive place to work.
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  College Station, TX Waco txNovember 13, 2017
great place to work, amazing people, the environment is incredible wish i never left. i would recommend working there to anyone but inside only cause Texas weather is crazy.
Decent place to work/
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 13, 2017
Was a decent place to work. However, the lack of avaliable working hours made life frustrating. Was a nice atmosphere for the most part, to say the least.
Love employee apresietion week
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 13, 2017
Sam's club is a nice place to work, just that I am looking something that can work for me and my for kids... they always hired and specially on this time
Pros
No free lonches.
Cons
Short breaks
fast pace and fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 12, 2017
after 10 years of being a stay at home mom ,Sam's club has giving me a chance to get back in the work force. It is fast pace fun. The management is understanding to the employees needs and always will to work with you. The members are great for the most part. I would recommend Sam's club as a place to work if you are looking for part time employment.
Pros
discount on memeberships
Cons
not many full time employement postions
Always busy
Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 12, 2017
Great place to work, just not my forever job. Working on your feet all day long, heavy lifting. Each department competes with each other. Certain people get monday-friday whenever other areas work all areas. They arent fair with scheduling. If youre in the click you get everything.
Pros
Off holidays, benefits
Cons
Favoritism
keeps me moving
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 12, 2017
I mainly stock and move around pallets on the floor for better marketing. I like the people I work with but I need more money. The pace is steady so time goes by pretty fast.
Pros
part timers get paid time off but it takes a while to accumulate.
Cons
They hardly hire any full time employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.