Sam's Club
3,499 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

Sams
Specialist (Former Employee), gainesville floridaSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: close to where i lived
Cons: no healthcare and sub par managment
sams was a great way to learn about shipping and receiving i learned alot about zoning products and labeling and setting up displays.Management was horrible
Maintenance Partner
Maintenance Partner (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Provided and maintained cleanliness to the store. Assisted customers with locating and prices of particular items. I enjoyed working and helping people find the lowest cost of merchandise they where looking for.
Sam's Club
CafĂ© Worker (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: n/a
Gave me a chance to gain work experience within a kitchen and work in a fast paced envirionment.
Awesome place to work
Cashier/CRS (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free food. chill room with couch and tv to play video games. cable.
Typical day at work goes fast even with some bad tempered customers.
Learn a bit of selling credit cards.
Management. Having over 5 people over viewing you is a bit confusing but chill.
Co-workers were down to earth, funny people, cool to be around.
Hardest part of my job would have been lifting over 20 cases of water and soda from one flat bed to another. – more... nothing to bad every blue moon.
I loved my job. – less
Except for pay, it is a great place to work.
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Lufkin, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: breaks are enforced.
Cons: inventory losses, regardless of reason (shipping, customer, or vendor) is deducted from workforce annual bonus.
Receive, drop, stock and record grocery inventory daily. Management works hard to please workers however are restricted by corporate decisions/indecisions. Co-workers are good at working as a team, however tensions rise during holidays or when new requirements are levied by corporate headquarters. The hardest part of the job is finishing multiple customer – more... displays on time. The most enjoyable part is finishing a large task ahead of schedule. – less
Fun place to work, enjoyed going to work, co-workers made the job enjoyable.
Cashier (Former Employee), Muskegon, MISeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free safety meals, bonus once a year, raises.
Cons: its who you know in order for you to move up.
A typical day at work was always different but yet fun. I learned a lot of knowledge in five different areas of the store. I never knew if I was going to cashier which involved heavy lifting, selling credit cards, along with trying to upgrade there membership to the best in the club, help out folding clothes on the floor or facing products so the store – more... looks nice & neat, spend a few hours or asked to close the cafe which involved taking orders at the register or over the phone, making pizza, salad, ice cream, pretzels, or hot dogs, wiping down tables, sweeping, stocking products, mopping, dishes, stocking cooler & freezer, or cover a few breaks & lunches at the membership desks. The hardest part of the job I would say is asking the same questions all the time, that the members hear constantly & the heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I loved what I did & enjoyed going to work. The co-workers and members/customers made it fun, entertaining, & enjoyable. – less
GREAT PLACE TTO WORK
Cashier/ Membership (Former Employee), TAMPA,September 21, 2014
Pros: scheldule
Cons: dhort breaks
VERY FUN AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK ALWAYS MEETING SOMEONE NEW
FAST PACED
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Gardena, CASeptember 20, 2014
Bake and prepare all baked goods for the following morning sale. Order product and supplies for stock replenishment. Rotate freezer stock for new product. Implement and maintain new filing system. Maintain safe and sanitary work environment. Prepare donation of pre-expired product for local charitable organizations.
Workplace friendly and productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: free cake throughtout the year to celebrate birthdays and holidays for the employees
Cons: benefits
Checking out customers daily assisting customers with help with needs of products
Cross trained in other departments
Team work with other employees in their departments
Co-workers willing to go the above beyond for customers
Great Company
BAKER/CASHIER (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Typical day involved customer service, baked goods, stocked shelves, ordered items, and cleaned area.
Fast paced environment, with million dollar plus sales a week
Meat/Produce Department Manager (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel ,FLSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: benefit and good pay
Cons: being under staffed
Running a meat department that did over a $100,000 dollars a week in sales. Ordering , stocking , checking trucks, inventory , giving out directions to my staff. Meeting production goals ,and making sure of proper rotation . Cutting meat , doing price changes , repeated lifting of boxes over 50 lbs .Forklift driving.
What I learned was how to get the – more... best out of my staff and to completely turn around a bad running meat department when I took over with having no prior meat experience.
Management was easy going but demanding and fun to work with.
Co-workers in my area were easy to get along with and easy to train.They took well to my leadership and were willing to learn anything I asked .
Hardest part of my job was doing inventory since everything was by the pound.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the hard work that I put into turning around the meat department in sales, profit and overall customer service. – less
fun place to work and interact with different people
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2014
loved buidling report with different people everyday.interacted well with co-workers
Productive and Enjoyable Day
ELECTRONICS SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Dickson City, PASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: yearly raises and bounces for good work.
Cons: no healthcare, no full-time available.
I arrive at least fifteen minutes early for work. Work consist of having strong communication skills and being knowledgeable of the product that I am selling for the best sales reports.
I have learned to work with many different personalities than my own and how to communicate strongly with all of them. I have learned to share my concerns and worries – more... along with my ideas to my managers. They have always been very responsive and helpful with the situation at hand.
The most enjoyable part my job is working and dealing with so many people. It is very interesting to get to know my customers while I assist them with buying a phone, computer, television or any other products in my department. – less
I enjoyed my job
Tire Technician/ Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2014
It was typical day of fun at work I enjoyed my co workers.The job was physical but I learned how to be more involved in the job itself.
pay rate fluxuated and hours were not right. hired at part time but got full time hours
Soft lines/Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Norman, OKSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: 5 minutes from home
Cons: overnight hours
didn't really like working overnight hours. the co workers kept to themselves and weren't very nice.
Fun workplace with FREE samples of food :D
Communications Specialist & Photo-lab Specialist (Former Employee), Laredo, TXSeptember 17, 2014
a typical day at work consisted of helping customers submit orders for prints and when needed i would also assist customers in choosing the best cell phone and service provider to fit their needs. Not to mention the free food samples sams had !
Sam's Club/Walmart Employement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: discounted sam's club card
This company is not about the people it is only about the bottom line. The company is to come first before family and self.
Depends on the location
Grocery Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: poor management, inflexible schedule, low pay, slow advancemenets
I worked at the one in Atlanta as a Grocery Sales Associate and it was the worst experience I ever had at a job. Complete chaos every day. Nothing was supervised, people did whatever they wanted there. Management was never on the floor, engaged in their job. They were completely uncaring and unprofessional. Bad ethic and moral of that store.They were – more... only engaged when Home Office came, then they try to do work what hasn't been done in months, in just one day!

I was always overworked there and underpaid. We floor associates had to do everything. Nothing was ever stocked out, since we were always understaffed. We had to work in Grocery (which is huge just by itself), Center section, Maintenance, Hardlines, and Seasonal on a daily basis plus Produce, front end, go backs, and customer service.

I did work at other Sam's temporarily, and it seemed to be much better. It was a lot easier, since it was more organized and supervised. You stayed more in your department as well.

It really all depends on the management. If you have a good management, you'll have a good experience. – less
Great employees but not appreciated or respected.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: enjoyed position and employees.
Cons: rarely got breaks an no appreciation
Enjoyed the people I worked with and like the position held,but not a career. Co workers have left because of no advancement opportunities.
It can be a fun and productive place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Vestal, NYSeptember 16, 2014
You have to be a people person to work here, because you're dealing with them all day.

Sometimes I learned new things.

The hardest part of the job is trying to sell the plus membership to those who have heard about it and don't want it.

Making someone smile.

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more