Sam's Club Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,489 reviews matching the search
Amazing Company to Acquire skills but Poor Management.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILNovember 7, 2015
A Great work environment with Good associates but the management is horrible. People need to be treated with respect and should be coached when they aren't doing their job. However, I had the opportunity to learn new skills from working in various department, still the Management needs serious improvement. All associates should be treated equally especially when it comes to promotions and getting a pay raise.
Pros
Associates involvements, company's picnic etc....
Cons
short breaks, not enough staff in a department, Favoritism, Management lack of concern to associate's needs...
Good work areas
Cashier, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 18, 2016
All my jobs was dealing with Customer Service. I like working with people you get to hear different stories and about their lives. I'm a team player and work well by my self. The best part of my job at all of them was seeing a smile on their face when they are happy. The hardest part was not be able to help the customer.
Pros
We had fun raisers, free lunch alot, and family and friend night.
Cons
Low pay, lack of associates
Maintenance
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXMarch 2, 2016
My job was very easy and I did enjoy talking with the club member's. I did not mind cleaning because it kept me busy until it was time to go. I got a long well with coworker's and management. The hardest part of the job was working all different shifts and making the hours.
Pros
they had great benefits
Cons
not really any incentive for working for Sam's Club
overnight stocking co-workers helpful , worked center seasonal section
stock clerk , fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 20, 2016
seasonal center section constantly being changed ,displays set-up sometimes asked to re-arrange after complete if manager didn't like appearance, sometimes over whelming to complete before store opening. minimal yearly raises .
Was a fun environment
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 26, 2016
*typical day of work consisted of working on tires for customers
* i learned all about tire technician
*management was a 4 in 1-10 rating
*co workers were friendly
*hardest part of job was only if we had more than 4 cars to do at a time and that was rare
*most enjoyable part of job was any free time, and benefits of being a sams employee
Pros
good pay and free sams membership
Cons
manager was unfair
Demonstrator
ASM SALES AND MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXMarch 10, 2016
A typical day consists of getting to work early to find out what you will be demonstrating that day, can involve cooking, preparing individual samples.

I liked greeting customer's of Sam's Club and making sales.

My manager was great at training and giving you the demos you were great doing.
Pros
lunch break, part time with great pay benefits
Cons
not knowing how many days you could count on working
Walmart/Sam's Club needs work.
Rotisserie Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MODecember 3, 2015
Sam's Club was a great place to work but their wage pay needs to be more livable in order to hold onto the talent they currently have and compete with rival Costco. I enjoyed prepping and cooking the chickens as a Rotisserie Associate but getting heat exhausted four times because the rotisserie got very hot is the downside. The workers were very friendly and got along very well with the all the staff even though I was sympathetic to their plight.
Pros
Decent benefits, offered a weeks paid vacation after 1 year, closed Thanksgiving and Chirstmas
Cons
Low pay, overworking one worker with the tasks of 5 employees
an ok job
Meat Packer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMarch 27, 2016
loading and unloading trailers, cleaning, stocking, inventory, cuttting meat, packing, shrink wrap, pricing, weighing

froklift, shrink wrapping, cutting, weighing, inventory, cash register, produce, bakery, cafe, customer service
Pros
benefits, training
Cons
small raises, takes a lot of time to move up
A quality company to work for dispite what other may think of the walmart/sams club perception.
Recieveing associate (Current Employee) –  FairlawnOctober 12, 2015
My work day is very consistent. There is always something to do. I learned about time management, working to a schedule, and working efficiently and effectively. Our management team is a quality group overall and helpful. I view my coworkers as friends and family as they helped me during tough times through the years. The toughest part of the job was working a man down because we were basically a 3 man team that ran the entire department. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Everyone is pleasant and helpful. We do lunch and other volunteer events together and we have a family atmosphere.
Pros
free luches, bounses and seniority
Cons
compensation
Marketing Coordinator
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 29, 2016
I was responsible for outside sales. I increases the member base by 600 from September 2015 to November 2015. I was also the assistant the Human Resource Manager. I filled in for her while she was on vacation or out sick. This included making appointments and interviewing prospective employees. As well as assisting in updating insurance and 401k information
Hard but rewarding
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2016
I worked as a cashier everyday, lugging people's items in their carts for them and selling Sam's Club cards. I got a lot of experience meeting new companies and growing with the company. The best part of this job was meeting customers who wanted to hire me for their own businesses.
Pros
Full-time benefits, very professional and helpful management, great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Great Workplace
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MISeptember 30, 2015
Third Shift Stocking at Sam's Club is a great job for someone who does not need a lot of structure and does not like a manager riding them to accomplish things. We leave when the job is done. Meaning we are scheduled from 9:30pm-6:00am, but can leave at 4:30 if the job is done. That also means that sometimes if people work slow we can be there until 7 or 8am. Management doesn't really care what you do, if you are doing your job they leave you alone to do it. Sam's Club also has amazing benefits for full-time employees and a great incentive program as well. We can get a bonus up to $2,500 a year. There is not a lot of socializing on the job. We are all taught that we "socialize" on breaks and lunches. Not on the clock. Which I think is great policy to have and makes the employees more productive.
Pros
Great benefits; laissez faire management
Cons
Manual Labor; A ton of lifting and bending
Fun, physical, work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILMarch 16, 2016
Physical job, but a very fun work environment. Management is very attentive, and truly cares about their employees. Great pay and benefits starting off.
Pros
Great compensation and management.
Cons
Transfering items the wrong way could result in injury.
Productive and engaging management. employees are well taken care of with entertaining break room.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 5, 2015
Overall working for Sams club was a great experience and unlike other cashiering positions with an emphasis on selling memberships and no bagging groceries. Very good benefits and pretty reasonable scheduling.
Pros
free lunches every now and then and everyone is nice, can talk to whoever whenever about whatever
Cons
breaks weren't watched closely enough, have to remind management when it is break time or to check and see if its time to get a break
Find some where else
Cashier/Bakery wrapper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 28, 2016
Overworked, treated poorly. Given guidelines to stick through but if a member complains, managers reverse it and make it look like you are just being difficult. The reason I'm in therapy. Any other grocery chain would be better than this pit.
Pros
full time
Cons
poor treatment, poor benefits, significant money spent on therapist
Poor Corporate Management to the needs of Club Management and associates
Assistant Hardlines Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2015
This is a Whole Sale Warehouse that runs like a retail store. Corporate Management can not even decide on the color of paper used to display prices. It is not a management "TEAM" assistant managers are always stepping on the each others backs just to win short lived smiles from corporate management.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
No working TEAMS.
Nice place to work if you don't have academic preparation.
Customer Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2016
Great place to work with good co-worker. Friendly environment good benefits. But if you are part time employ probably you will never work more than 16 hours per week
Pros
bonus, good co-workers
Cons
work under pressure, managers are not pro-employees
Poor
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  CafeteriaNovember 18, 2015
Learning the job was fast, because my coworkers were very hard working people. The work was heavy and stressful, but nothing undo-able. Throughout the course my employment, we cycled through several cafeteria managers and had an all new crew almost every month. The attrition was unlike any other job I've ever had. I really enjoyed working with the people, but poor management is what ultimately made me move on.
Pros
Hard, rewarding work
Cons
Very poor management, benefits
Fun work place
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 27, 2016
Good pay good benefits and very team oriented.Lots of opportunity, I had 6 jobs in the two years I worked there and loved them all.
Company managers care about their workers and check up on everyone. overall, great working place.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Selling upgrades/credits
great place to work with smiling faces
Maintenance Worker/Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAFebruary 4, 2016
did trash run throughout the whole store, also painted lines and caution signs in the store pulled carts in harsh weather, but learned the valuable lesson of patience. it was hard to move up in SAM's because of the favoritism showed by other employee and workers
Pros
benefits were great`
Cons
cart pushing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.