Sam's Club
4,451 reviews

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Good pay and flexible hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMay 14, 2015
it was busy everyday, never really had down time, the pro is that you can wear pretty much whatever you wanted to work. the coworkers were pretty down to earth and easy to talk to.
My Sam's Club Experience
Associate (Former Employee), Cinnaminson, NJMay 14, 2015
Pros: free membership, always willing to help you out, benefits
Cons: too much responsibility
collect carts, help customers, go to other areas of the store to help out, clean the parking lot. Management is easy to communicate with. Co-workers were easy to work with.
Easy Job but customers can be rude
Sam's Club Tire Technician (Former Employee), Layton, UTMay 13, 2015
Not a hard job but can feel a little pointless. You are usually under supplied. The culture of the job is that everyone doesn't want to be there.
productive
Tire Technician (Current Employee), Aiken, SCMay 13, 2015
Its a productive job and you can learn a lot. You can grow with in the company. a lot of opportunities to move up in the company
Sams club review
Cashier (Former Employee), Loveland, COMay 13, 2015
Pros: good costumer service
Cons: some times they are out of products that I need
It's a good company and I think that they provide a good quality service and a good selection of products. I like the people that I work with, I thought the other cashiers were real laid back and fun to talk to and I got to learn more about the job and the company through other cashiers.
Very united environment with a lot of opportunities to succeed
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits, flexible
Cons: Short breaks
My typical day was revolving around helping customers.
I learned about the positive impact you can have on someones attitude towards difficulties while shopping.
Fun, fast pace environment
Membership Sales (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great hours and management
Cons: Employee discounts
Fast pace working environment
I've learned how to manage difficult customers
Management was understanding
c-workers were very friendly and helpful at all times
A safe and fun work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMay 12, 2015
This job has taught me diligence and teamwork in the work place. It was a really great company to work for. I enjoyed my time with my supervisors and other coworkers.
Great First Job
Wrapper (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment, nice people, good pay
Cons: short breaks
I worked as a bakery associate:
The job was okay. The hours where reasonable. The work environment was...alright.
I don't have anything against Sam's Club.
When I started working there I immediately got sick.
I don't know if it was the environment; being around dozens of customers a all day, or the degree change (going from the hot ovens to the freezers constantly). I honestly don't know. All I know is I have never been so sick in my life.
I quit in a less than professional way (I basically just quit coming in to work) and I do regret not giving them a heads up (considering it was around the holidays).
I was sick the entire time I was working for them, and I took me months to recover after I quit.

I'm not blaming them, I guess my immune system just couldn't handle it.

All in all the pay was good, my coworkers where great and the supervisors where not so terrifying.
Fun doing different demos each day.Also enjoyed members.
Food Demonstrator/GSA (Former Employee), Fayetteville,NCMay 12, 2015
Pros: good raises
Cons: changing shifts, as in closing then come back in at 5 am to open.
I enjoyed talking to members and giving them tips and recipes. I also enjoyed the goals I set for myself to try to sell all products I was demoing.At gas station talking to members while they pumped gas was also nice.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Orange, CTMay 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short brakes
Working as a cashier was fun and hard at the same time. But working with people you learn increase in your customer service skills and learn how to talk to different to people and also how to handle different situations. The fun thing about that job is that everybody worked as a team and nobody was left out.
This is for people without degrees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHMay 11, 2015
Pros: It's an easy job to get and keep
Cons: Work Hard, Pay little
This job is ok if you want to make some quick summer money as someone in school. But you have to be able to love it or you will not last. The work is tough but the pay is very poor.
Great for Weekend Job
Product Promoter (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILMay 11, 2015
I worked for advantage sales and marketing (Samples) located inside of a Sam's Club store. The management was separate from the Sam's management and very laid back, but was very involved at the same time. Great for a weekend job, because very few people were schedule during the week. Enjoyed the company of both the ASM and Sam's workers.
Sam's Club
Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee), NJMay 11, 2015
Great place to work through college. Very flexible with schedule. Opportunities for advancement. Great management and co workers.
Productive workplace
SALESFLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, New YorkMay 11, 2015
It was a great place to work for. I greeted members with the respect that they deserved. I folded the clothes in the clothing department and assisted members with anything they may have needed. Management was great! They worked with you to try getting you to move up with the company. There were some co-workers whom thought they didn't have to work as hard as others. Management did excellent at stopping that behavior. I also attended monthly meetings.
Different
Packager (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 11, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: needs more product selections
This job is definately dedicated to the customers. Its a place to buy in bulk. I dont see the reason you have to have a memebership. Or even show your memebership id to get in however.
Productive and Fun
Member Service (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 11, 2015
Its a productive and fun environment. You learned a lot from working in retail and customer service. You have to thick skin and positive attitude.
Was an ok Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 11, 2015
It was an ok job management was usually friendly but not very well organized due to that had alot of trouble with customers but everything else was ok the co workers were nice
The pay is low very low unless you are a member of management but advancement is easy.
Photo Tech (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free monthly lunches
Cons: pressured to make non commission sales
Sam's Club is very easy to get into, once you're in it doesn't take much at all to get promoted. They heavily emphasize on company culture. It's nothing to make a career out of unless you plan on working your way up to management and even then it's less than $50,000 a year with the maximum possible bonus.
poor
Cashier (Former Employee), michiganMay 9, 2015
this place only works well with your schedule if you are good at selling memberships. other than that they cut your hours. they make you sell memberships to people who cannot afford it and you have to push memberships on people until it is uncomfortable

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more

Sam's Club Salaries