Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 6,456 reviews matching the search
Great work enviroment
Membership Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 13, 2017
I always looked forward to going into work because I loved the people I worked with and loved the work I did. I learned how to use a cash register and how to resolve member concerns. Management did a great job when traffic was slow but it kind of got out of control during a rush.
Pros
Fun, Comfortable and good pay.
Cons
There sometimes was a lack of help when it was needed.
Management does not care about you
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJanuary 13, 2017
Underpaid, overworked, no manager or supervisor has any empathy for you what so ever. Co-workers were the only good thing about that place!
Pros
Co-workers
productive
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GA 30260January 13, 2017
Must self initiate, was not a lot of support from management, but will definitely teach you about leadership and inspire you to try different departments within the company
Not a good company
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Company is ran terribly, management is often confused & never have a correct answer for any question relating to the job, there are very little opportunities to move up.
It was nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 13, 2017
For being retail, it was nice. Holidays off and the atmosphere was very respectful and fun. I think that for what it was, it was nice and relaxing. As I said, retail.....
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Selling products.
First job I ever had and is a nice work environment
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 13, 2017
The managers are nice and try their best to communicate with coworkers and members of the club. They try their best to guarantee satisfaction.
Best Company
MERCHANDISE II MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 12, 2017
Sam's Club was a great job and had a great operations training program. I learned so much about operations and employee relations because of this and it set the foundation for my career.
Sam's Club has a lot of different areas to work in and grow within the company.
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 12, 2017
At Sam's Club, you can move to different departments to prepare yourself to become a manager of a club. Management is supportive in getting you where you need to be. The hardest part of the job is having a bad inventory. The most enjoyable part is making the members want to come back and shop again and again by giving them great member service.
Pros
Has different departments to learn in, has a managers in training program
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Productive and Fast moving
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 12, 2017
Come to work count down drawer and cashier.
management confused most of the time
Scheduling confusion and don't listen to when people can work.
Good environment
Clean up around your area
sucked!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 12, 2017
too much pressure to sell membership cards,sometimes even harrassing or trick people into buying it.

often had my breaks & lunch late and would be really tired from lifiting heavy items
Pros
looking forward to get off
Cons
little hours, force to sell membership cards, breaks & lunch often late
Horrible
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2017
They discriminate against pregnant women not enough hours too far wouldn't let me have a seat with swollen feet definitely wouldn't recommend anybody to work here.
Great experience
Cashier/Sales Associate, Bakery Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Everyday at work was a different experience. Work was busy almost everyday of the week. I learned how to better my communication with employees and customer. Also how to finish different task under pressure. Management was pretty good for the most part, I feel like they need to value the workers a little more. For the most part my co-workers were easy to work with and very enjoyable people. There wasn't really a hard part in my job I enjoyed everything I did because I was allowed to do different things at Sams all the time.
Interesting environment where the employees walked over management
Produce Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2017
You're expected to do the work of 2 people, when you don't have the support to complete your own tasks. Management focus was building their own resumes, to continue onto another career.
It's essentially Walmart
Hardlines Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 12, 2017
Sam's Club is a decent enough place to work at, but what kills it is the management. There's a feeling that they're not quite trained correctly/completely and a lot of them go on power trips and intentionally make it very difficult, if not impossible, for you to advance and make your job into a career. There are of course some great people working there, but they're usually your fellow cashiers/floor associates and not the management team.

Also, they pay the average Floor Associate about $9 per hour while at Costco the same job comes with at least $14 per hour. This is part of the reason why Costco always seems nicer since their employees actually care.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management is usually very bad, it's difficult to advance at all, pay is lousy.
Very easy going work place
Cellular Sales (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I myself sell Cell Phones, so a typical day at Sam's Club usually intakes talking to our members about the plans, or deals we have for them within the club. Half the time its very calm so I'll usually just help out my other co-workers within my department. I have to say I thoroughly enjoy how well of a relationship I have with the members and it makes me proud to be able to help someone when they need me. I am proud to work at Sam's Club.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Very overworked
Productive and good job place
Tobacco Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJanuary 11, 2017
On a regular day I will assist customers with their purchases and and membership plans. Complete daily task in the department. Also have staff meetings on what we need to improve on throughout the week.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Unable to work with school schedule
Oakwood Ga
Cafe (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJanuary 11, 2017
This job will only be for short term when I was hired I was told that I could train on the forklift that it would be no problem with that and then when I asked what was all that was available they only told me front cashier, cafe, and member service but still to this day I have asked to move departments and they tell me no opening but they still hiring and other ppl getting moved around.. If your not apart of there lil circle then u don't matter.. The store manager don't even speak to his employees and some of the management team also has an nasty attitude and is very rude here I will not be here for long all they do is lie.. But on the up side some of my co workers are very sweet!!!!
Pros
They feed u sometimes
Cons
Not something you would want long term if you're not starting out at the top
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Management is a mess and sneaky. Will fire anyone just because, especially if you're not favored. Very disorganized.
Requires employees to do to much (like sell memberships) without being properly compensated (no commission on memberships and low pay)
The only thing I liked was how flexible the schedule was. They were understanding of people having lives and other priorities.
Cons
Doesn't let you work 40 hrs unless full time and even then can exceed that amount
Love the environment and energy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Arizona ave and 202January 11, 2017
I Used to work there and resided due to change of address but have recently moved back and would love to rejoin the company I never was late or called out and would like to return to the work at Sam's club even if its starting from the bottom all over again, it is well worth it.
Pros
Very famiily Oreintated
Cons
N/A
All the Benefits That I get from Sam's
Member Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTJanuary 11, 2017
I had a lot of Benefits from Sam's but the flexible working hours isn't very good. I would stay there if they wouldn't have me closing by myself all the time.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Bad Employee Management Treatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.