Sam's Club

4.9K reviews

Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Productive & family-like enviornment.
Desk Associate (Former Employee), Sam's ClubAugust 21, 2015
great work place w/a family-like environment & supportive management. All about pleasing members/customers as well as satisfying employees. Safe & accident-free work area.
worst job ever
Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: unfair treatment
I did not like my job as a cart attendant i was treated unfair i did not like how we had to work out in the hot weather and even in the snow slipping in ice and burning up in the heat
Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2015
I liked the environment and management. The customers always made my day. If you are willing to apply yourself, management is willing to recognize it. I loved the easy going feel, but we all knew we had responsibilities and were left to do our jobs.
wonderful place to work
Cashier, Supervisor, Accounting (Former Employee), Holland, OHAugust 20, 2015
SAMS club taught me a lot about people and multitasking, I love this job it was one of the best places I worked. I worked there eight years and no complaints.
Very efficient and customer is always right mentality
Membership Champion (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Company picnics and associate appreciation week
Cons: short lunch, advancement was not easy, lack of training
The hardest part of the job was the lack of training, most of the positions are hands on learn as you go. The issue with that is that you can get coached and lose your job during the probationary period. Computer training modules were not very useful for real life scenarios. Management did not have all the answers at times Some took the time to help, others were too busy and forgot.
Great start
Receiving Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fern Park, FLAugust 20, 2015
This Is the store I learn all the great ways to merchandise, Direct and meet deadlines. I had a great 8 years working in the facility and would recommended anyone to work here.
A work day at Sam's
Cashier (Current Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 20, 2015
Sam's club is a very nice place to work at. I really enjoy working and taking care of the customers. My co-workers try they best to help if needed.
Great place to work!
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Lawton, OKAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Incentives were great!
Cons: Mean members.
All in all Sam's Club was a great place to work and would recommend all to apply! I learned a lot working at Sam's Club mainly because I didn't stay stationery in a position I moved around whether I was promoted or an area needed help, I was always willing to help out! You meet and learn a wide variety of different people from all walks of life!
GREAT PLACE TO WORK , LEARN DIFFERENT A DIFFERENT ATMOSPHERE
Cafe Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: GEAT PAY AND BENEFITS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT.
Cons: NONE
IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK , LEARNED HOW TO CASHIER , LEARNED HOW TO USE THE CONVEYOR BELT OVEN FOR COOKING PIZZA AND MAKING FRESH FOODS. PAY WAS GREAT AS WELL AS BENEFITS.
Sam's Club is a very solid company.
Tire shop worker (Current Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 19, 2015
Sam's Club as a company presents a very positive atmosphere and people with a good work ethic are allowed to thrive there. I enjoyed my time at Sam's and learned many useful skills with I currently use in my day to day routine.
Meeting new people
Accounting Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Aurora, COAugust 19, 2015
Pros: room for advancements
Cons: no full time postions
I go into work looking forward to working in the cash office, learning new opts and balancing the day, able to go pull cash from other employees and letting them know that I am here and just to say hi... there is not really anything hard about the job just that you need to make sure that everything balances and the most enjoyable apart of the jobs is working the public
my first learning experience
Cashier supervisor (Former Employee), Dover, DEAugust 19, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
i was in school at poly tech adult education and my school would send us to this nursing home to get more hands on skills and i fell in love with this place and applied for a job there and fell in love with the patients and it was a fun place to work at.
Productive and fun work place.
CASHIER (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Job advancement
Excellent customer service performed and information given on all credit and membership sign ups and upgrade of membership for better savings.
Have good co-workers and love our clients!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Killeen, TXAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Get a cake for employees Birthday of the month's! Also breakfast two day's a week!
Cons: Keeps putting stock that is overstocked items, on another cart dayly bases.
Making customers feel appreciated and find what they need. Wanting them to wanted to come back. Being friendly and helpful, can almost always make anyone happy. Also being courteous and helpful makes a day go by easy and fast. I always love when people leave with a smile or when you where the one to make them feel important.
Meet and greeting people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 18, 2015
Pros: They have good lunches.
Cons: Breaks are to short.
It is a good place to work and you meet so many different people.
Management is pretty laided back they listen to your issues and try to help you through them.
N/A
Cart Associate (Former Employee), Renton, WAAugust 18, 2015
Cons: no benefits, not enough hours, bad schedueling of associates
I enjoyed my time there in the beginning while they were giving me decent hours, but they began giving me very minimal hours while not having any benefits.
Highschool allover again
Fuel Station Attendant (Current Employee), Layton, UTAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch somtimes
Cons: Managment
they treat you like a little kid and not much room to grow if you start out in carts or the fuel station. they expect you to push Memberships above and beyond normal and you get in trouble if you don't sell 10 member ships a day
harsh workplace
Cahsier (Current Employee), Avondale, AZAugust 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: Not enough hours, bugging for Plus Memberships
I no longer care to work for this company dues to false information given to before I got hired. I was told that I would be getting more hours than I am right now, not only that but no one listens when I talk. For example I came into work sick with a really bad cold thinking that I could make it through my shift, but I was wrong. I started feeling very weak and short of breath. My nose was stuffy and I kept coughing. I let management know that I needed to be sent home because I wasn't feeling to great. They refused to send me home. I even had a member complain to management about me being sick, but it didn't matter to them. That is why this company is not so great. They don't care about their employee's health at all.
Sams club
Meat/Deli associate (Former Employee), Hoover, ALAugust 17, 2015
I loved working with grocery department stocking all of the stuff helping the customers and serving them. the managers were very nice and understanding, The hardest part of the job was having to clean up at the end of the day.
Management is very good
Photo Department Specialist (Current Employee), Moorhead, MNAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Treats people well and tries to work with their availability. Complete set of benefits - even partial for part time workers. Work hard at giving you time off when you request it.
Industry