Sam's Club
4,187 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

It paid for school, thats about it.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free sludge coffee, decent pay
Cons: bad managers and nepotism from regional management. poor ceo leadership and vision.
It paid for school, thats about it. Avoid retail unless you are unemployed. You will have to show up on time, work hard, and sell plus memberships.
Fun to interact with the customers
Advantage Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Ames, IAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: higher than minimum wage
Cons: long hours of standing with one short break
It was fun to demonstrate new products, some that I liked so much I ended up buying. The days were very long though and I didn't approve of their lack of cleanliness when dealing with food.
productive and fun work place
Tire Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2015
Tire technicians install, repair, balance, and rotate tires for passenger and commercial vehicles. They patch tires, inspect wear patterns, and ensure that tires are correctly inflated and properly replaced on the vehicle. Tire techs may also perform specialty tire work, such as studding tires for snow, retreading previously worn off-the-road (OTR) tires, and repairing run-flat tires. Tire technicians who work in tire stores may sell tires, conduct inventory, and maintain tire repair equipment. Tire technicians who perform roadside service may jumpstart vehicles and provide
Fun people to work with but management isn't great
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNMarch 15, 2015
Management has their favorite employees and its very clicky. You work long hours and get no respect. Other employees are fun to work with.
Eh.... Ok
Center Section. (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 15, 2015
It's an okay place to work, not necessarily a bad place to work, just have to deal with ill customers, cranky managers, and most of the time you have to deal with rude people. Definetly don't miss it.
Ok place with great people
Tobacco Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 14, 2015
Coworkers are great to work with, management needs a lot of work done to better the business. Hardest part of the job was the language barrier with members and not being supported by the management.
Learning is continual
*Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MIMarch 14, 2015
Pros: rewards from working hard increasing sales.
I am learning to work the computer, communication skills increasing as well. Management at Sam's is great. Coworkers are very nice and work like a team. Hardest part of job is establishing a relationship with a business who does not think Sam's Club is necessary, so proving to them that they will benefit from Sam's can sometimes be challenging. I think the best part of my job is working with people trying to be a blessing to them and making them happy.
Fast Paced
Night Merchandiser (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COMarch 13, 2015
Pros: no customers to get in the way
Cons: hours
Fast paced environment. Good crew to work with. nights are tough but once you get used to them it's OK. I learned a lot about retail, and got to work with some good people.
workplace of sams club
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 351 hwy 6 sugerland TXMarch 13, 2015
Working at Sam's club has been a learning experience a typical day consist of stocking and making lots of changes to the store. I have learned how to merchandise and my co-workers are friendly and easy to work with. the hardest part of my job is trying to finish all the tasks given in a eight hour time frame. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers to get the job done.
when they have activty for holiday and everybody participate
Floor Associate/Cashier/Member Service (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 12, 2015
I enjoy the time when Sam's club have founded rarely making money for children with disability but I had a good experience working with Sam's Club the management department in the company was terrible It seem like I didn't have a chance they did not like me at all every manager came in found a reason not to like me didn't have anything to do with my job performance.
productive, fun and family oriented
Bakey and Cafe Supervisor, CenterTeam Lead (Current Employee), Daphne, ALMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: not enough recognition to employees
I enjoy working at Sam's everyone treats each other like family. We have morning meeting to keep everyone informed of what's happening in the club, who is having a birthday or celebrating an anniversary. I have learned to work with others and to communicate with upper level management.
productive
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMarch 10, 2015
I liked the fact that I learned many different positions to be able to be flexible and where ever help is needed I can fill in.
I worked in the bakery, cashier, greeter, overnights, cafe, cake decorator, freezer and coolers, and lot. I got along very well with my co-workers. The hardest part about the job was selling the Plus Memberships and the Sam's credit. Most enjoyable moment was working in the bakery.
Love the members
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free food when goals are achieved, great team members
Cons: female managers from the lower level to higher
Working with the member that come in are amazing and very uplifting, however the female Managers are extremely rude!!!
good work
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 9, 2015
a day at work would be learning doing three jobs in one sometimes management was fair could of been much better co- workers were fun to work with and the hardest part was dealing with small staff an a lot of customers at one time
it was a decent plave to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Pearl, MSMarch 9, 2015
fast workplace, but very poor management. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager. Good hours, nice co workers.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chino, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: meeting new peoples
Cons: short breaks
I am helpful, and polite to customers. And I go out of my way to provide good service. I am a team player,and work well with other to get the job done.
Sams Club Associate
Member Service Associate (Current Employee), Avondale, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: above minimum wage, flexible scheduling, positive environment, yearly club bonuses
Cons: short breaks/ lunches
Sams Club is a great place to learn and grow with legendary standards in customer service. Their flexibility with part-time hourly associates is also good for students and single parents alike. Everyday you meet new people and local business members of the community and surrounding cities. SC is known for our associates always being happy to help the next customer. I would say the hardest part of being a Sams Club associate is the daily intake of negative customer complaints and issues, but if you take them on with a positive attitude and a quick response they always leave with a smile on their faces. The greatest thing about being with this company is the friends and coworkers you meet, its really like having a second family.
Productive always keep you busy
CASHIER (Former Employee), oklahoma city okMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great managment, awesome times
Cons: rude employees
good place to work if you dont have small babies that tend to get sick often. if you dont have child care ahead of time then thats an absents
Not what was to be expected.
Cashier (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: favoritism, lack of unity
The work day was normally hectic and had no sense of order. I learned how to use the cash register which is an invaluable skill. Management was less then to be desired. There was a definite air of favoritism.There was no room for advancement in the company unless you were a favorite. My co-workers were one of the best things there. The hardest part would have to be dealing with the disagreement on procedure between supervisors. The most enjoyable was seeing the regulars who came back and asked how I was.
High Demands
Meat/Deli Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 8, 2015
Pros: nice hours
Cons: lack of training
Company often wanted the best from associates with very little training to go along with the demands they made upon the employee. It seems like they are willing to let people come and go with little care about how this might affect the customer base by never knowing whom they would have to deal with the next time.

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more

Sam's Club Salaries