Sam's Club
4,097 reviews

Sam's Club Employer Reviews

n/a
Electronics Salesman (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Great place to work. Great people to work with. Work well with others. Providing consumers with world class customer service.
a fast pace working enviroment with lots of member service
Center Section Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2015
very busy environment with daily moves to be done to push sales on seasonal and holiday items
learned time management with projects and member service
co workers are like a team everyone helps if you need it
hardest part is trying to multitask with customers and projects given
and best part is having fun at work with your coworkers
Busy,and friendly company but pourly managed.
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, coworkers, members.
Cons: managers with favoritism.
There really wasnt a 'typical day' at sams club. Every day differed from the previous in that business flow constantly varied, as well as unset schedules or unclear assignesnts. While I worked at sams club for a long time and learned alot there, I was promised promotions that I never saw and noones job was secure. I look back at it as fond times but would never return to work for this company.
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: everything
Horrible!!!!! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, very rude management. Write up if you go over your time, customers complain because not enough staff, the head manager of the store is very, very, very rude and yells and through stuff. Not worth it at all.
Great advancement
Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 18, 2015
Sam's club offers great opportunities to advance to management. Hours are great and the members make it easier to work.
An interesting place to work in the night time
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: decent breaks
Cons: too many people trying to be the boss
Stocking shelves, keeping everything need, computer based learning. Management was amazing tried to help where needed. Not really around co-workers to get to know them. Hardest part was trying to life heavier things alone, but it got easier. Most enjoyable part was watching the sun rise.
The co-workers are nice
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: short breaks
Nice co-workers and break room. There really is not a whole lot that i can think of to say.Try it for yourself.If this is not good enough of a review i dont know what to tell you. To each his own.
It was an ok places to work but they didnt have hours for the people they hire
Cook (Former Employee), Marion IlFebruary 17, 2015
It was an okay places to work but they didn't have hours for the people they hire. Co-workers were great and management wasn't bad the company just didn't have the hours i needed.
Great learning experiences
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), las vegas, nvFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: forklift operations
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Running the front end. Learning how to operate and run each individual department. Learning to drive and operate a forklift.
come in a assist members with anything they could use my help with
Cashier (Current Employee), Covington, LAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: a lot of disrespect from leads and pay isn't that good.
I would work 8 hours as a cashier checking members out and helping them with any assistant or questions that they may have.
Amazing co- workers and members, POOR MANAGEMENT
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thornton, COFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers, customers, cashiering, forklift
Cons: poor support of women being pregnant, rude managers, push workers to hard
Sam's club has amazing strong willed employees that take a beating from management who treat the employees poorly and will not work with ANY women who becomes pregnant! i enjoyed the kind willed co-works and customers who checked in one the poorly treated and learning from new job skills. i enjoyed cashiering because members could always make a bad work day good.
nice place with nice coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: no benefits
Nice place to work. No advancement opportunities and with the change of management being so often it was hard to feel secure.
great opportunities
Supervisor (Current Employee), Anaheim, caFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexability
Cons: pay scale
Sam's Club was my first job. I have stayed with the company for 10 years, because it has allowed me to relocate and they have been flexible in scheduling so that I could finish my degree. I have had exposure to many different aspects of the company and feel that I have developed many important skills.
Good pay and hours
CASHIER (Current Employee), roanoke, vaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: goog pay and hours
Cons: lack of good staff
It gets the job done! They give very good hours and they work with you schedule by all means. It is constantly busy also. A typical day is constantly ringing people up, asking to upgrade for plus membership, and having restricted items called to the front.
Great Place
Supervisor de Piso (Team Leader) (Current Employee), puerto ricoFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: hours
It`s a great place to work I`ve been there for 16 yrs and love it. there`s an improvement areas they have to step up.to far from home.
My Review
Café Associate (Former Employee), Logan, UTFebruary 16, 2015
I like the company, but not the managers. There were a couple good ones, but mostly they didn't seem to care about the employees.
Decent job while in college
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 16, 2015
I worked in the tire department, although the pay was decent, it was extremely labor intensive. Your family life was of no concern and the only thing they cared about was that you were at work. If anything ever came up in your personal life, you always felt like you were risking your job security.
Fun Part-time/Full time jobe
Photo Specialist /Phone Sales/Overnight Associate (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches, co-workers
Cons: minimal coverage health-care
Sams club has always been there for me since day one. They opened up doors for me and allowed me to have a job until college was done for me. Management was good although they played favorites a lot and talked behind workers backs which in my eyes in unprofessional. The hardest part was going in everyday knowing id be doing the same thing. I like a little variety. The most enjoyable part was getting to know other people and work in teams.
Great workplace
Cashier - Running the cash register (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: you get the plus memebership and pay so much for it through paychecks
Cons: you have to sell their membership
You see a lot of the same people. You get to learn about a lot of different business that buy products from here. A lot of my co-workers wanted to see me do good so they were so willing to help me. Hardest thing to do was to sell their memberships.
its an ok workplace that needs better management.
MSS- Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee), hoover alFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: all the experience i'm gaing, plus the ability to run a frontend by myself while on a register.
Cons: after all this time and hard work and my offer has been approved, im not full time. thats no benefiits nothing.
my store manager is a great manager but she doesn't have an all in team. People don't value morals and have very little respect for the individual. The experience I'm gaining as a supervisor is awesome. The leaderships lack of ability to fix and re-structure a schedule after approving days off. I started in oct 13 as a cashier by jan 14 i was in training to be a supervisor. The knowledge i have by doing both jobs is priceless.

About Sam's Club

A division of Wal-Mart Stores since 1983, Sam's Club accounts for 12% of Wal-Mart's sales. It runs about 610 locations in 47 US – Read more