Sam's Club Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,815 reviews matching the search
awesome place to work , and friendly associates
CONNECTION CENTER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 12, 2016
a Typical at work would be clocking in and getting the keys to your station. Then you provide good customer service when selling cellphones . I learned how to provide good customer service . The hardest part is when there is angry customers but you stay calm and try to help them the best you can.
Pros
pays well
Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 12, 2016
Working here improved my own customer service skills and the ability to work as a team. I only stopped working here because I moved out of town.
Pros
Free lunches insentives with credit apps
Cons
Short hours
It's a job
Cart Personnel/Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, IN 47905August 12, 2016
I worked outside in Carts for 4 summers. The hours were good because the store closes at 8:30 and your not working crazy hours like walmart. Management is good for the most part. Sometimes scheduling is poor especially on weekends.
Pros
club discount
Cons
short lunches, underpaid for work, bad members/customers
Not a fair place to work.
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2016
The management staff lacks responsibility for certain areas in their store.There is not many opportunities to advance your career because the management staff plays favorites.After every year the workplace got worse and worse,
Pros
Associates you work with
Cons
Short breaks, most times only your lunch, overworked
Unfair to the disabled
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, azAugust 11, 2016
My former manager didnt like me due to my mental illness and she would try to make me think I was hearing voices. I don't hear voices so shes both cruel and generalizes those with mental disabilities. Worst company I ever worked for.
fun place to work
team leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2016
Okay company to work for some item better price then other. The management was bad not willing to help out when need to. A lot of favoritism and employees not want to come to work.
Drama,lies,pettiness,low pay,no growth or appreciation.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHAugust 10, 2016
I enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with.But the managers have favorites and their agendas.Lots of rules and being written up for rediculous things.Customers are great though and easy to work with. T he managers don't appreciate there loyal employees.they use them up until they loose confidence.They allow cliques to manage and run the place. I'm so dissapointed in the choices the manager has made.Putting her trust in the wrong places.You can get written up for anything..not smiling ..or if your helping a customer and your late for a lunch break. Three write ups and your fired.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Low pay low morale and managers that like to write people up.
not very fun to work at
Cashier/ Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 10, 2016
Learned customer service skills, learned how to sell memberships and credit cards. They harp too much on selling memberships and make it not fun to work there
Time for a change
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 10, 2016
I love the everyday job of helping members and teamwork with fellow associates. Everyday certain members come in and ask for me. Its a pleasure to be able to build this relationship with them.
Pros
Members, health care, co-workers
Cons
Hours cut, management
Typical Day at Work
Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be to gather carts and take them to the front for members to use. Members may occasionally ask for help when loading groceries. Near six or seven o'clock pm, I would trow away the trash. By the end of the day, I would walk around the lot and collect the last of the carts and clean up all the trash.
Pros
Spacious break room with vending machines and water cooler.
Cons
Outside whole shift during summer days.
Productive work place, fun and great mangers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 10, 2016
Co-workers are nice and respectful. Typical day at work greeting customers making sure they found everything okay. Hardest part of the job was trying to get the customers to sign-up for the sams club master credit card. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the customers face and hearing their life story's. Mangement is good they always are on top of things. What i learned from the job is that people enjoy the little things in life.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. Free sams club membership
Cons
No healthcare benefits
A fun place to work.
Business Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 9, 2016
My co-workers are the best, a typical day at work starts with counting cashiers drawers and making the deposit for the bank, I learn something new everyday which I love.
Sams Club
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MD 20601August 9, 2016
Is and was a bad company to work for. The management only care for themselves and they don't really care for their employs they hire. I am grateful they hired me at the time they did.
hard working but fun
Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 9, 2016
The most important thing about working as a Meat processor is time management, especially on the weekends. It was definitely a job you had to work hard at.
Fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2016
sams club is a very busy fast paced place
They offer great training and a good work enviornment there is never a boring day at work
Ill-managed workplace with great pay
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 8, 2016
Sam's on the bright side is a fun job with great pay (10.50/hr). On the downside, the management is poor, they are not very understanding and they do not stick to their word. It is a face paced job where the systems mess up a lot and they do not give you the breaks you're supposed to get. The managers only focus on what they want instead of what needs to be focused on. They seem like they care but in reality they don't. At one point we were understaffed, they over worked us and sometimes we had to do the work of like 4 people by ourselves.
Pros
Great Pay, Fun Co-workers, fun holiday foods and games.
Cons
1 break for 8 hours, no benefits, understaffed, managers are not attentive.
Easy work environment, decently paced work, easy scheduling around school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALAugust 8, 2016
SAMs club is a wonderful start out job, it mostly hires college students with the occasiona full time adult. The only problem I had with the company is the changing of management. In my 3 years of working there we went through around 6 different managers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management styles
Average management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 8, 2016
It is a nice place, management at least for my role as cashier was nice and wanted to make sure we had tools for our job, however, the corporate side of it pressuring credit card sales and membership upgrades and early renewals was annoying. Getting talked to about it all the time even though I tried it didn't matter, only mattered what they pulled up from the computer.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
time management of front supervisors, constant pressure of upsell
good place to work
Meat Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCAugust 8, 2016
Good place to work just not very good pay. Haven't worked there in a long time so may have changed.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Mgr (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 8, 2016
It is a nice place to work.Not really anything bad to say. If you do a good job everything else falls into place. So i do approve of sams club.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.