Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Found 8,023 reviews matching the search
Good company to work with, Membership while working for them
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 18, 2017
wasn't at this company very long but while I was I enjoyed the atmosphere I worked in and you get a membership when your an employee which is great. You have room for advancement within the company and the quality of work is good.
Pros
Free membership for employees
Cons
Did not get to stay very long
Very fun place to work
Lake Nona - Cafe associate/ New Store Opening (Former Employee) –  Lake Nona, FLJuly 18, 2017
Positive work environment, consistent hours and friendly people. Minor difficulties due to being a new store. I was able to learn my work ethic there and was able to be with a company that cared for their employees.
Pros
mandatory breaks, good pay
Cons
lacking communication
Productive place to work for me.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJuly 18, 2017
I enjoy working here because I like working around people. Engaging in conversation with people. This job is also very flexible with work hours. They also offer employees a free membership and a discounts on certain products.
Cashier Job and sales with no commission
Member Service Host (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 18, 2017
Working for Sam's isn't the worst job, but it isn't the best either. I'm used to customer service and working with the members was always pleasant for me. I got to interact with several members and build a relationship and rapport with them. I did well in trying to get people to sign up for credit cards and buy plus upgrades. I just felt no matter how much I contributed they always wanted more. I don't feel like management was fair or handled things professionally. There was no real incentive for getting people to upgrade or sign up for credit cards.

The hardest part of the job for me was trying to make quotas for Plus and Credit. While my numbers would be high often, if it was slow or I was having a tough week, they are always talking to you about numbers.

The most enjoyable part was working with the members. Usually people complain about nasty customers when you're working a register, but there were very few negative experiences with the members in my time working there.
Pros
Friendly members
Cons
Sales with no commission, poor management, time off is required to be put in several weeks in advance
good experance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Budd Lake, NJJuly 18, 2017
• Greeted families, couples, and individual customers, handled cash and electronic transactions, scanned customer’s goods and collected payments.
• Complied with company’s checkout policies and procedures such as requesting membership card prior to transaction.
• Balanced cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
• Addressed customer’s inquires; escalated matters to management when necessary.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
weekend hours
Very relaxed workplace
Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 17, 2017
Working at Sams was not fast paced at all. I would make phone calls to get businesses to become members of Sams. I learned how to sell memberships to businesses that needed it. The management was great and helpful. The environment was laid back and fun. The hardest part would be not getting the amount of sales that were needed in a day. The staff was great which was the best part.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
talking people into getting memberships was not easy
Management is iffy
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 17, 2017
Days can seem long, the coworkers are pretty great. Most of management likes to keep things secret on you. a lot of work is demanded. Its not the worst place to work, though.
It's retail...
Fresh Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXJuly 17, 2017
It's your typical retail position. You'll work most weekends, evenings, and holidays with a mix of people who truly enjoy what they do and those who are just there for a quick check. The pay is low for most hourly positions.
Pros
There are some great people to work with.
Cons
30 minute lunches.
Good and Bad
SAMS Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 17, 2017
Management is poor however good pay and works with school schedule. Must have ample amount of patients and very well experience in customer service. I do not recommend this retail job for females who are pregnant or for anyone with physical restraints.
Work Place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 17, 2017
This job is great. Balance and Rotate tires, Restore Headlamps, and Co-corkers have great team work. The job would be busy at times, when there is about 10 cars that come in and want new tires or they want us to balance and rotate there tires. but when it get busy yo have co-workers that have your back to finish the job.
Hard working, and fast paced job experience, but not difficult.
Sales Associate, O/N Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJuly 17, 2017
Working at Sam's Club was a great experience. They offered a great deal of admiration, and commitment to the jobs they preformed. The fact that everyone was so kind and caring for one another really showed that they are a team run company. Never before have I seen a work place team run more like a family.
Pros
PTO based on how many hours were worked per week.
Cons
Repetitive work cycle.
Challenging
Cafe Associate (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJuly 17, 2017
Working for sam's club has been rough. I can't blame the company for the management of the store i work for. Im sorry to say but out of all jobs ive had this one's been the toughest. Management listens to your concerns but doesn't really do much about it. Management always complains if you go over the hours you are due to work. They'll cut your hours if you do go over your scheduled time. They fidget at the tiniest of things and instead of helping you like management is supposed to, you'll get told its not in their job description. You have to constantly be on top of management to get what you need done. Once again I can't blame the company for the actions of others.
Busy Sunday in Sams Cafe
Cafe Associate (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 17, 2017
A typical day in Sams is always busy. But i've always learned to stay calm and just do my job, above and beyond. Management is always one call away, there when you need them. We can always work together to satisfy members needs and its like music to our ears to hear the compliments we get.
Pros
high fives pin for our name tags
it was a good first job
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 17, 2017
Showed me how the work force is and how to manage time. it was a great experience but hated the management. helped me work well with strangers and co works.
Great work environment but poor management
Marketing & Membership Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 17, 2017
The work environment was great. Great people, benefits, and pay. But poor Management some don't care for employees. Lack of schedule preparation. Always low on staff, which kept everything with long lines. Lack of preparation.
Pros
free dinners, benefits and pay
Cons
management, lack of scheduled employees
Fun place to work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 17, 2017
If you like to keep busy all day long this is a great place to work. Its very fast paced and can be rewarding to see your merchandising ability drive sales. If you like helping and interacting with the public you will find this rewarding as well. Most clubs have a great culture and provide tons of support from teammates.
Pros
Will keep busy all day long
Cons
In some cases heavy lifting is needed
Employees are awesome, Management sucks
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TX 77477July 17, 2017
This place had horrible management, and would put way to much on the employees, and really dont care what happens as long as you met your plus upgrade numbers
Pros
Employees
Cons
Management, work to life balance
great place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2017
I loved going to work everyday there. This was a good place for me to learn and grown. Management was great never a bad day at Sam. The hardest part was having to go home.
Not Bad
Café and Bakery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 17, 2017
The people you work with are mostly awesome, the management could use some help. Daily tasks are assigned and tend to be more than a single person can handle. Each club will be different on morale level and effectiveness of management, but the company as a whole has been making cuts so less people are required to do the all the work. The scheduling system does not work for full time associates, they are moving to a part-time workforce and working 20 hours average weeks.
Pros
Advancement available, many different job positions available
Cons
Unrealistic Expectations, Inconsistent management
I like the work as baker , wrapper only no breakout
Baker, Wrapper (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2017
Sams club in cinti ohio has poor management & is very low staffed on their employees. They have very young people for their managers with no experience. They also have this little click as you cannot go around them to the manager with a problem.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.