Sam's Club Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
I enjoyed working with the people
Technology Lead (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 11, 2017
The thing I enjoyed most was the people I worked with. The day s were all different some could be hectic some were relaxed and fun. I learned so many things.
its an ok job
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Its a cashier job but, they also want you to sell memberships and credit cards. No you dont get any incentive for doing so, its part of your job description. Also be ready to deal with heavy merchandise. They do sell in bulk after all. You are alone on your register, no 'bagers'

Its not a bad job. If i had to, i wouldnt mind working there again
I usually came in, punched myself in followed my schedule, had lunch punched out and went home when it was time to go home
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 11, 2017
I, had always checked with my supervisor before and after punching in, before starting to work, to make sure that it was done right, and before taking my lunch break and before when it was time to go home, and I would always ask if I had questions with something.
Pros
If I saw something like free food, or something I would ask another employee was that for us or not.
Cons
I would take short bathroom breaks, always come back from cigarette or lunch breaks early.
The sams i worked at had bad manager 2 faced and didn't delegate properly
Overnight Merchandiser/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
as i said management was bad but work was repetitive and easy. they gave us food on some nights. our scheduled were suppose to be set but management didn't use employees properly for the tasks that were supposed to be done that day.
Great Co-workers, Horrible Bosses
South Lansing - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 11, 2017
- Management hardly on the floor.
- Learned time management, hiring, termination process and resolving problems.
- Wonderful Co-workers willing to help each other out, Management doesn't look out for anyone below them.
Fun place to work
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 11, 2017
It was a different place to work at. I wasn't sure if it was for me cause I don't do well pushing items on people. I did demo the items so the customers were able to decide if they like the item or not. A lot of it was food items.
no good pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 11, 2017
face pace, short handed, low pay, expect to answer 60 questions a day and doing the shopping for members. so many members ask questions you can't get your job done.
A great place to work
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 11, 2017
There are days that are busy and some not so busy, learning as you go about what is expected in the bakery on what no to do. Management is easy to talk to when there is an issue or personal situation occurs. The hardest part of the job is the floors; they are hard on the body for people with health issues. In addition to not being capable to help out a member for something that is a small adjustment to a design. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is making sure that the member is happy with the experience that they had at Sam's Club.
Pros
talking to customers
Cons
communication about schedules
Fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 10, 2017
The department I'm in isn't a terribly hard one and I love dealing with the members that come in everyday. However it is really hard to move up in this company. They are also very strict on attendance and do not accept doctor's excuses, which can make maintaining good attendance difficult. On the positive side you do get a few benefits for working here, the free Sam's card is nice, and every now and then they will provide food for the whole team.
Pros
Great teamwork driven environment.
Cons
Inconsistent hours
fun productive envoriment
Auditor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Everyday in this job their always was something to do, you always had to be fast paced and you would learn something new about the store, their was always opportunities out in the different fields at the store.
Pros
would learn many new fields.
Cons
too many people would be competitive.

Want to know more about Sam's Club?

Ask a question
Excellent company to work for.
Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 10, 2017
I would probably still be with Sam's Club but that particular club at University Drive in Vista closed,I was offered to go to a different location but the commute would be about an hour both ways.
Pros
I was given lots of incntives for promoting and upgrading memeberships, I made sure my team mates also rreceived incentives.
Cons
For some people the competition might be a bit much. I thrived on it.
This job is not what I'm looking to make a career out of.
Technology Lead (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 10, 2017
Sam's Club is not a bad place to work. It is really a management problem and stress I have an issue with. I feel I am not valued as a supervisor at all.
Pros
Free Lunch, Paid time off, Benefits
Cons
Stress, poor management
Overly stressful work environment
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 9, 2017
Management team is very poor at executing goals and guiding associates. Turnover is very high, because the wage is too low compared to the amount of effort and stress the job entails.
Not a good place to make a career
Membership and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 9, 2017
Sam's has falllen into the increasing profit at the cost of the people working there type of businesses. Over the 12 years I've worked there, 7 in management I've seen the company continually cut costs by eliminating higher paid positions and continually increasing productivity requirements on the remaining people. The management level and higher is very cutthroat and stressful. There is no respect for work-life balance. And once you make it into management it is very difficult to get raises consistently.
Pros
Many locations to work
Cons
Terrible stress and productivity standards. No balance to home life.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 9, 2017
i was pregnant while working at sam's club ad i was being picked on by the Loss prevention officer because i wouldn't lift certain items and i would be the only one that would get talked to about it even tho no one else picked up or moved items in the guest cart also the HR is horrible she would steal time by not punching out while heating up her food and watch tv for 30 mins and then punch out for 30 min lunch and just talk to people she didn't help me at all when i went on leave she was really bad .
food
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 9, 2017
their food and customer service was wonderful and very helpful,
everyone is always smiling and joyful. a very good vibe there. best quality service around.
I LOVED this job in so many ways.
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 9, 2017
I was mainly the closer. I learned how to decorate cakes here. I would stay after closing to decorate cakes for special events, such as graduation, any holidays, or just because they would ask me too.
Can be fun if you like grinding it out
Grocery Zoner (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 9, 2017
I had to catch the bus, so i would have to leave at 8:45PM to catch the last bus...I was not liked because I would to leave early. They prefer people who can stay late to finish everything, despite what they said of "Oh yeah, we can make that work".
Expects too much for low pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 9, 2017
As a member service representative you preform several jobs without any appreciation or monetary compensation. You are expected to complete all your work and then you help whatever department needs it, but it doesn't work the other way around. The only departments that help cashiers at my store are tobacco and member services. We cashiers have helped soft lines, café, HBA, hard lines, cart attendants, door greeters and member services. The thing that irritates me the most is when we are extremely busy you look up and see so many people who work there from my department and other departments standing around chatting, eating, drinking and on their cell phones(which we are not allowed to do). We are treated like children, and I speak for myself only, I am not a child.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No work life balance, management, salary
work enviroment
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 8, 2017
It was poor work environment without and support from management on issues that would arise. The moral of the club was not where it should be for people who worked with members everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sam's Club. Our community is ready to answer.