Sam's Club Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,700 reviews matching the search
Poor Communication
Membership/Marketing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake city, UtahJune 1, 2016
Management and corporate tend to not understand needs of associates and act without understanding implications of actions. Also, there is a distinct lack of communication between management as to what each department should be doing.
Pros
Easily able to work and go to school at the same time.
Cons
take advice from associates more seriously.
A fast pace work environment
Jewelry Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work was I have learned many job skills and experiences throughout my employment with the company. With that being my first job, I learned so much about the retail business. The most enjoyable part about the job was that I stayed busy. I love to keep busy.
Pros
Free membership, great environment
Cons
short staffed
Infosys
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 10, 2016
• Answer all business queries from customers and clients quickly and efficiently
• Process information to build and maintain a rapport with customers during phone or e-mail correspondence
• Walk customers through the troubleshooting process to help them fix and issues on their devices and accounts
• Place an average of 30 calls each day
Great Place!
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNApril 14, 2016
My typical work day was pretty chill. As long as you were doing your job you had nothing to worry about. I was able to be sent around the country to learn about my job and better myself as a person in the same process. The management overall was actually pretty good but everyone gets that bad apple every once in a while.

The people that i worked with were probably the best part aside from the traveling that i was able to do.

Hardest part of the job would probably have to be someone micro managing you that doesn't have the slightest clue on how to do your job. This only happened on a not so frequent bases.

I really enjoyed working for this company but I also only worked in the one department so wasn't able to get the full picture.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Lac of pay for being in management
Great place for people to work and recieve benefits
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at Sams Club especially for the great benefits it offered the employees, however they weren't very open minded to me being in school and did not want to come back when I had to leave to return home for college breaks.
Pros
health benfits and free regular membership
Cons
management wasn't so easy to talk to
 Achievements
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2016
 Develop a plan which resulted in saving payroll, overtime, utilizing space/requirement, complains and reducing wait time for better customers’ service.
 By utilizing my experience in safety I have been able to help in reducing injuries and cultivate a safe environment for employees and customers.
 By continues communication I’ve been to achieve more productivity in shipping and receiving resulting in a better attitude with co-worker and completing daily task in a shorter time.
Nice place to be employed
Rotisserie Cook/ Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 13, 2016
The work environment was welcoming but simply did not fit what I was personally looking for. I got along well with fellow employees, but do to the distant of the location from my home, it became difficult to work the amount of hours needed. Alongside schooling at the same time my performance began to suffer in both school and in the workplace.
A business filled with nice employees and managers
Maintenance Associate (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 4, 2016
I usually work on things like cleaning floors and restrooms and taking out trash. The hardest part of the job is managing time, and the most enjoyable thing is that it is something I am good at. The employees and managers are all very nice people. Sam's Club is my first real job, and it has helped me to learn how to manage work and school.
Productive Day
Cashier/Membership Associate (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work would start by getting a register and counting the money to see how much I started throw out the day. I take my position, where ever my manger and supervisor tell me and start scanning customers merchandise. By the end of the day we have to count our drawer and turn it in with the same amount we started.
Pros
Get to know the customers
Cons
Short breaks
great company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVApril 5, 2016
There was never a typical day, it was always interesting
I learned something new everyday
Management was great, on top of everything
My coworkers were like family and we worked well together
The hardest part of the job was leaving the store to move to another state
The most enjoyable part was being able to work with everyone at the store, seeing returning customers and meeting new faces
Pros
lunches, help with medical bills of employees, great family
Cons
not having more stores like it
Sam's is just a job until I can find something better.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 30, 2016
When I first started at Sam's I thought it was going to be a great job but, once I got my foot in the door it became sort of a headache. The managment is great but, it's hard having a retail job as such with a child. I don't make enough nor do I have a flexible shift. I've just be praying that this job gets a little easier or, I find a better job.
worked with a great team
tire tec (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 2, 2016
it was fun to work at Sam's club. I worked with a great team. are job was to take off tires put tires on and make sure it was done safely, also we where to make sure that most of the displays where built and put on to the floor. hardest part of the job was dealing with members that where unsatisfied with our service.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
need to be flexable for time
Supervisor was awful to work for
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 29, 2016
We were encouraged to help fill the vacancies of the store and our cafe needed to most help and yet our supervisor would send them to other areas of the store and left us short handed and didn''t care about us. He had poor people skills and was asked to resign or be fired.
Pros
co workers
Cons
too much lack of respect for us in the Cafe
Amazing personality and work ethics. Enjoy meeting new peopl, and caring for others . Very punctual and organized.
Cashier/Member Host (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32504April 4, 2016
clock in.. count money till. log into register; greet members with warm smile and question. Assist co-worker with lifting and counting individual merchandise. . I enjoy meeting new people, and learning about other companies and business/career opportunities. I enjoy helping others as much as possible. Clock out of my shift then return to my daily life outside of work.
Pros
Staff lunches
Cons
no benifits, not enough hours offered
The pay was great
PT-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 13, 2016
After awhile it got old that having to sell memberships people who shop there have been for years they pay to shop 55 bucks to shop there they want their stuff and to get out, even going as a customer before working there it was like they felt like members werent a big deal to them. The Co workers are a great but the supervisors and managers not so well.....
Enjoyable place to work for
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2016
A typical day at Sam's Club is fast paced. I learned to work in a fast paced environment. Management is always productive and caring. Additionally, co-workers are friendly and very helpful as well. I had no hard parts while working for Sam's Club. I enjoyed communicating with customers and co-workers.
Pros
Provide free lunches
Cons
No benefits for part-time workers
Great if you are in school
Fuel Technician/Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 4, 2016
This job is a wonderful one if you are in school and wanting to make some money to pay for college. However the opportunity for advancement within the company that they claim at orientation is abundant, is in reality next to non existent. Hourly wage is above average for the state minimum, work and family life are not easy to manage and balance out here.
Pros
above average pay
Cons
no balance of work and family life
The longer you work for them, the less secure your job
Nights / Days / customer service/ supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI 48912 (north lansing sams)April 1, 2016
As sad as it sounds, if your a long term associate at Sams Club you'll eventually be replaced. They will start finding any and all reasons to write you up, to replace you with someone they can pay half as much. Many of our 15-20 year associates were fired this year and as a 13 year associate , I can feel the pressure on me now. A 5 time employee of the month, person who NEVER calls in, and someone who busts butt from clock in to clock out, and now has 3 write ups over the last 6 months.

If management doesnt personally like you, your done
Pros
decent pay for what you do
Cons
see above. there are alot more but no time to list
Don't work here if you value your mental health
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 30, 2016
Not the worst cashiering job i've had but it get's frustrating...they're so stuck on getting upgrades and credit cards that they've pretty much started threatening cashiers with their jobs if they don't meet certain requirements.I didn't have a problem with the idea of selling them while I was there, but they put too much pressure on getting them. I guess it's 60% of the job??? I've seen a few of the cashiers in tears almost because of it. Plus there's just zero teamwork within front end management. it's a hot mess and a half. I liked most of my co workers, but I don't miss working there. glad I got out when i did.
Pros
free basic membership, occasional free food
Cons
poor management.
productive and fast paced
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 7, 2016
Time flies by due to the fast pace of the business. I have learned to work more efficiently. My coworkers will be friends I'll have for life. The hardest part of the job is the lack of help I had. Everything was on me so if it didn't get done it made my job harder. I did like how time flew by.
Pros
company paid lunches often and yearly bonus
Cons
no help