Sam Houston State University

Sam Houston State University Employee Reviews

Best Job Thus Far
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXMay 1, 2015
Pros: loving co workers
Cons: I only to get to work at most 28 hours a week
I love my job at the college of health sciences. Here we usually see around 50+ people a day and take in steady phone calls. We book appointments, help people get in contact with the officials here at the school. Advise them and much more. I love every part of my jon
Productive work with good and good experience
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXApril 24, 2015
Learned how to care of the campus. Also I learned how to work in teams to get the work done. It was a good job. The hardest part was balancing school and work. The most enjoyable thing was seeing the campus after all the hard work.
Ticket Staff
Student (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Easy
Cons: Boring and customers may get angrey at you
I work for the ticket staff as a student for over 4 years. It was a pretty easy job but boring. You just stand at a entrance and enforce certain rules.
Fun place to work
Informal Recreational Staff (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXApril 18, 2015
Its a fun place to work that allows balance between school and work and a chance to make new friends that could potentially last a life time.
Excellent place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee), Sam Houston State UniversityApril 8, 2015
The diverse nature and friendly environment makes it a best place to work and study. The compensations are worthy at the end..
fun and nice place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
I have had the chance to work with one the best people. I have learnt a lot during my time working in there.The manager was a very kind lady who does not hesitate to go extra mile to make us in good environment to work
Student Attendant at Kat Klub
Student Attendant - The Kat Klub Student Lounge (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXMarch 25, 2015
Good job for student. Work/study balance was great and usually worked less than 20 hours a week. Not very good money though.
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
I worked with a professor in Sam Houston State University's College of Criminal Justice. I performed research for scholarly articles and publications. Other duties included administrative work for the college and serving as a teaching assistant.
SHSU Review
Network Technician to Lead Software Packager (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXMarch 5, 2015
Needs some work but was a nice place to work. Employees are knowledgeable and friendly and a good environment to learn new applications and technologies.
Excellent Learning and Productivity Environment
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: excellent work environment, amazing leadership, well-organized
Cons: hectic work schedule, compounding projects
A typical day would begin by tending to any ongoing research projects given by political science professors. Then, aiding said professors with class discussions, proctoring and grading examinations, and grading any student homework. Then, more research would be conducted in regards to both professorial and personal research projects.

The management system for the graduate research assistants came from the director of the political science graduate program as well as the head of the political science department. There was not much of a need for the managers to have a hard-pressing approach to managing the assistants because we were all students and would be self-motivated to get research done in a rapid as well as concise manner.

My co-workers were fellow political science and human resources graduate students, so there was a great deal of amicable behavior.

The hardest part of the job would have been managing all of the research projects, grading, standardized test analysis, and essay reading while still being able to keep my energy level up at the end of the day to be able to complete any homework or personal projects I had to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have been being around a group of professors that were more interested in what and how their students learned instead of just being there to teach. The passion exuding from their daily activities that focused on the effectiveness of their teaching styles spoke volumes about their level of dedication to the profession of teaching. Concurrently, the graduate assistants were always eager and happy to oblige – more... any request that was given because there was present knowledge that the professors would aid, compliment, and appreciate any work that was performed.

The most important things I learned while working for the department of political science was to always have a firm but amicable managerial style, that multitasking can be simple if one does not fall behind on their work schedule, that hard work and dedication are key to achieving greatness, and that greatness is achievable from even the most unlikely of individuals. – less
Enjoyable place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXJanuary 19, 2015
It was a good experience, but they do not aid recent graduates in finding work.
Fun work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee), HuntsvilleJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: working with classmates
Cons: had to leave after graduation
I worked with other students from Sam Houston State. I had a very flexible schedule. I enjoyed working there.
Great people good atmosphere
Internship, Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXDecember 11, 2014
Loved my supervisor and my position. Lots of fun and excitement. Get to do a lot of fun events and be hands on when it comes to coordinating events
Good
Stacks Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXNovember 19, 2014
Always had people around to ask and answer questions. Willing to teach me new things.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant- Dance Department (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXNovember 16, 2014
Assist with teachers and students with documents that are needed. Make copies, fax, scan, email, and mail documents to designated departments and areas. The students and teachers at the job was often helpful and nice to work with.
fun learning experience
Health Promotion Program Intern (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXNovember 4, 2014
Great hands-on learning experience. Enjoyed giving presentations to other students at the University and educating them on health related topics such as HIV/STI preventions.
Easy, but not very rewarding job
Data Center Operations Specialist II (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: easy, laid-back
Cons: long hours, boring, not giving experience
A typical day at work consists of 90% monitoring on 4 computer monitors for 12 hours a day. From time to time we've had to fix hardware and other issues. Calling Administrators based on issues. Management is not terrible, but they don't like their job and they tend to make you hate it. There isn't really anything too difficult about the job, everything just takes a little practice and training. Co-workers are fun and nice, great people to work with.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsille , TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: work hours around class schedule
A day in the office consist of answering phones, filing and being very organized within different departments at the university. Great part of this job was being around so many people.
It's a good place to work
Lecturer (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXJuly 24, 2014
It's a good place to work. The people are passionate about helping students.
Relaxed Atmosphere. It encourages work and life balance
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: work around your schedule
Cons: might be too laid back for active individuals
Perform a lot of research.
Enjoyed working alongside my professors

1 2 3