Samaritan's Purse Employee Reviews

It is a peaceful Christ-centered place to work. We are free to call on the name of our LORD without adverse consequences.
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2017
Christ centered, Bible believing, prayerful, people centered, fun, loving, caring place to work. We are a bunch of praying family members. We know that it is in HIM that we live, move, and have our being.
Pros
Free to pray
Cons
Not a permanent position
volunteer placer
Volunteer Coordinator placer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2017
WORKING at Samaritains Purse was a great experience. Everyone always smile and are very humble. Working for samaritain purse is like a breath of fresh air when you come in everyone is ready to work.
Great christian environment, productive workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCMarch 22, 2017
The organization seemed very organized and very devoted to their mission. I really enjoyed the devotions every morning. It was a great way to start the workday. love everything about Samaritans purse.would love to work there again now that I am older and more responsible.
Repetitious
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2017
Learned to clean client accounts regarding demographic updates account duplications. Acquired data entry skills and communication techniques. I was happy to be apart of an outreach program.
An amazing company to work for.
Team Lead/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2017
Although I only worked at Samaritan's Purse for one month, it was such an amazing experience. The staff was so encouraging and caring. I would leave the job every night feeling energized and empowered and I could not wait until the next day to return.
Pros
Daily Devotionals, Daily Prayer with Supervisor and Team.
Excellent Company to work for.
Enterprise Risk Manager, Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCAugust 24, 2016
No room for advancement after almost twenty years of employment. Family atmosphere, very low turn over. Multi line adjusting from the beginning of my career would have preferred over time to have had more specialized role for better quality of work.
great organization
Translator Coordinator & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCJuly 25, 2016
A great place, with great people. A heart for people in need everywhere and anywhere. An exemplary international relief organization.
Pros
all
Rewarding Ministry
Team Lead at Operation Christmas Child (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2016
Prayer and devotion started each shift. Different levels of management. High accountability to best insure process is followed. Quality of the shoe boxes mattered. Millions are shipped out around the world to children who would otherwise get little to nothing (Christmas). Always a blessing to know I was a part of this. Met some wonderful people each year. It amazed me how far some traveled to volunteer. The most challenging part of the job was the volunteers who wanted to re invent the process.
Pros
Solid Christian Organization
Cons
Seasonal. Standing for long periods of time on a warehouse floor.
Fun place to work at.
Data Entry Clerk/Seasonal (Former Employee) –  7001 Forest Point Blvd., Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
Wonderful place to work at with where spiritual growth is inevitable. Co-workers where fun and worked collaborately to accurately and speedily key in seasonal Operation Christmas Child monetary donations.
Pros
Got paid weekly.
Cons
Seasonal position.
football ground at half kilometer from the office.
FIELD ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  BUNIAMay 4, 2016
work some times over preview time. We carry foods for Students in schools. This activities helps them being strong to follow lessons.
We work five days a week: from Monday to Fraday, except holidays, in this job I learned how serving others, Our team has some trainning about security, members of team are good guys, the hardest party of this job is that it's not easy to work at rain period because of bad roads we have in our country. We usually go on field by motorbikes.
The enjoyable part of the job is when we start the foods positionnement to schools.
Pros
lunch at rest time
Cons
african meal
Stands true to mission and purpose!
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCApril 6, 2016
Samatitan's Purse is an amazing nonprofit that truly seeks to live out its mission and purpose in every aspect and in every role!
Pros
Mission minded organization
Cons
no growth potential unless you already have international experience
An amazing ministry to work for
Church Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 29, 2016
Samaritan's Purse is an amazing ministry to be employed by.
Working there is such a blessing because all the managers and co-workers at all levels are so genuine, caring and helpful. The coworkers are like a family and they genuinely care and pray for each other. When you work there and you're a part of that ministry you feel so blessed and you become a blessing to others. Thank you God for Samaritan's Purse Ministry. It is truly such a blessing in someone's life to work for such an incredible organization.
Pros
Morning devotions filled with prayer and fellowship, many complimentary employee lunches
Great environment but don't count on advancing
Correspondent/Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJanuary 12, 2016
I worked for Samaritan's Purse in the Operation Christmas Child dept for a seasonal position. I couldn't be more pleased with my coworkers and the work environment. I loved the actual company and all that it stands for in ideas and how they work.
I was among many associates that worked a seasonal position. The hiring process is something that needs to be improved upon and can be very discouraging. As a seasonal employee, the hiring process takes way too long. From the time I applied for a full time position to the time I actually got an interview or heard anything was almost a month. I was only a seasonal employee for 4 months. I interviewed for two positions that I applied for and never even heard from HR that I was not chosen for one job but saw on my work profile I was rejected. I did feel that this wasn't very professional as I worked there and it was not difficult to call me at my desk and let me know they were going with someone else. Myself and the other seasonal employees were still waiting to hear about jobs until the last day we were there, which can be very stressful.
Pros
Culture, Coworkers, Experience
Cons
Hiring Process, Compensation
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCOctober 20, 2015
Samaritan's Purse is a great place to work with a central focus on sharing the Gospel. the culture of the company can be difficult at time and living in Boone can very challenging, but overall this is a very rewarding place to work.
Excellent Non-Profit Organization
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCAugust 24, 2015
Not enough can be said here about how great this organization is. They are the hands and feet of Christ and are reaching out into the world to do amazing things in a healing and positive manner.
Amazing ministry
Southeast Media Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
I absolutely love everything about Operation Christmas Child and Samaritan's Purse. Because it's an international relief ministry, a lot of the people who staff it are volunteers, but getting a paid position is amazing. The people are wonderful, the environment is encouraging and challenging, and you will definitely grow in your faith.
Pros
Environment, people, challenging
Cons
Pay is smaller
The best company I ever worked for.
Associate Team Coach, OCC Processing Center (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJanuary 21, 2015
The atmosphere at Samaritan's Purse is the most supportive I have ever worked in. Everyone is very helpful to each other and very team oriented. The best part of the day at Samaritan's Purse is devotions every morning before the workday begins.
Pros
Devotions every morning and a very resonable lunch in the dining room.
Faith Descrimination
creative director (Former Employee) –  ncJanuary 5, 2015
a faith "review" is "required" for employment... which is illegal as far as I know.
Work Place good
Emergency Response Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boone, NC/ South SudanOctober 19, 2014
verall rating****
Job Work/Life Balance****
Compensation/Benefits****
Job Security/Advancement****
Management****
Job Culture ****
Pros
and good lunch
Cons
yes, there is short break
Fun and Rewarding Place to Work
Staff Writer (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCOctober 8, 2014
Samaritan's Purse is a wonderful opportunity to use your talents and at the same time give back to those in need and help save lives. Coworkers were very nice and management is fair. There are a lot of perks to this job and you will have the chance to make a difference in the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samaritan's Purse. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3