Samaritan's Purse Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work at.
Data Entry Clerk/Seasonal (Former Employee) –  7001 Forest Point Blvd., Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
Wonderful place to work at with where spiritual growth is inevitable. Co-workers where fun and worked collaborately to accurately and speedily key in seasonal Operation Christmas Child monetary donations.
Pros
Got paid weekly.
Cons
Seasonal position.
football ground at half kilometer from the office.
FIELD ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  BUNIAMay 4, 2016
work some times over preview time. We carry foods for Students in schools. This activities helps them being strong to follow lessons.
We work five days a week: from Monday to Fraday, except holidays, in this job I learned how serving others, Our team has some trainning about security, members of team are good guys, the hardest party of this job is that it's not easy to work at rain period because of bad roads we have in our country. We usually go on field by motorbikes.
The enjoyable part of the job is when we start the foods positionnement to schools.
Pros
lunch at rest time
Cons
african meal
Stands true to mission and purpose!
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCApril 6, 2016
Samatitan's Purse is an amazing nonprofit that truly seeks to live out its mission and purpose in every aspect and in every role!
Pros
Mission minded organization
Cons
no growth potential unless you already have international experience
An amazing ministry to work for
Church Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 29, 2016
Samaritan's Purse is an amazing ministry to be employed by.
Working there is such a blessing because all the managers and co-workers at all levels are so genuine, caring and helpful. The coworkers are like a family and they genuinely care and pray for each other. When you work there and you're a part of that ministry you feel so blessed and you become a blessing to others. Thank you God for Samaritan's Purse Ministry. It is truly such a blessing in someone's life to work for such an incredible organization.
Pros
Morning devotions filled with prayer and fellowship, many complimentary employee lunches
Great environment but don't count on advancing
Correspondent/Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJanuary 12, 2016
I worked for Samaritan's Purse in the Operation Christmas Child dept for a seasonal position. I couldn't be more pleased with my coworkers and the work environment. I loved the actual company and all that it stands for in ideas and how they work.
I was among many associates that worked a seasonal position. The hiring process is something that needs to be improved upon and can be very discouraging. As a seasonal employee, the hiring process takes way too long. From the time I applied for a full time position to the time I actually got an interview or heard anything was almost a month. I was only a seasonal employee for 4 months. I interviewed for two positions that I applied for and never even heard from HR that I was not chosen for one job but saw on my work profile I was rejected. I did feel that this wasn't very professional as I worked there and it was not difficult to call me at my desk and let me know they were going with someone else. Myself and the other seasonal employees were still waiting to hear about jobs until the last day we were there, which can be very stressful.
Pros
Culture, Coworkers, Experience
Cons
Hiring Process, Compensation
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCOctober 20, 2015
Samaritan's Purse is a great place to work with a central focus on sharing the Gospel. the culture of the company can be difficult at time and living in Boone can very challenging, but overall this is a very rewarding place to work.
Excellent Non-Profit Organization
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCAugust 24, 2015
Not enough can be said here about how great this organization is. They are the hands and feet of Christ and are reaching out into the world to do amazing things in a healing and positive manner.
Amazing ministry
Southeast Media Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
I absolutely love everything about Operation Christmas Child and Samaritan's Purse. Because it's an international relief ministry, a lot of the people who staff it are volunteers, but getting a paid position is amazing. The people are wonderful, the environment is encouraging and challenging, and you will definitely grow in your faith.
Pros
Environment, people, challenging
Cons
Pay is smaller
The best company I ever worked for.
Associate Team Coach, OCC Processing Center (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJanuary 21, 2015
The atmosphere at Samaritan's Purse is the most supportive I have ever worked in. Everyone is very helpful to each other and very team oriented. The best part of the day at Samaritan's Purse is devotions every morning before the workday begins.
Pros
devotions every morning and a very resonable lunch in the dining room.
Faith Descrimination
creative director (Former Employee) –  ncJanuary 5, 2015
a faith "review" is "required" for employment... which is illegal as far as I know.
Work Place good
Emergency Response Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boone, NC/ South SudanOctober 19, 2014
verall rating****
Job Work/Life Balance****
Compensation/Benefits****
Job Security/Advancement****
Management****
Job Culture ****
Pros
and good lunch
Cons
yes, there is short break
Fun and Rewarding Place to Work
Staff Writer (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCOctober 8, 2014
Samaritan's Purse is a wonderful opportunity to use your talents and at the same time give back to those in need and help save lives. Coworkers were very nice and management is fair. There are a lot of perks to this job and you will have the chance to make a difference in the world.
A typical day at Samaritans Purse
Incoming Mail Associate (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJuly 23, 2014
I worked as an incoming mail associate which meant that all mail that came in through Samaritans Purse, was gone through by my department, and distributed to who it went too. Then after that, we opened the donation envelopes and sorted them by their designated place that they were to go. Then the checks were ran through a machine which scanned the checks into a computer and we entered in the numbers (dollar amounts) on the checks to tally up the deposits for the day. The management and coworkers there were phenominal. It's not just anywhere that you start your day off with praise and worship and prayer as an organization in one building, and then pray before you start work with your department. The hardest part of the job was after incoming mail was done, we would go to outgoing mail and pack boxes for Operation Christmas Child. This would include mailing brochures, fliers, and posters that churches and other places requested.
Pros
everything. it was truly an amazing experience
Cons
this was only a seasonal position
Best Work Enviroment I have Ever been in
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2014
Great management. Wonderful working environment. Dedicated staff and employees.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
only a temporary position
Fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2014
It really is a nice place to work. Only thing I didn't care too much for was that it was cold all day. And that the job was temporary. But it did let me know that I love doing Data Entry
Operation Christmas Child
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Satisfying to know I was a part of helping to distribute Christmas gifts to underprivileged children of the world.
great atmosphere
HRIS/Recruiting Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCOctober 25, 2013
loved working there could not ask for better opportunity

very rewarding
Great experience giving to children.
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2013
I spent my day inputting information into a database....very detail oriented. It required my complete focus. In the back of my mind, though was the fact there would be thousands upon thousands of children I didn't know would receive a small gift from people they don't know. It was such a rewarding assignment.
An incredibly well run and productive organization.
Field Electrician/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCJuly 24, 2013
A typical day starts with a period of devotions followed by time spent designing electrical distribution systems for medical facilities in developing countries, researching products and continuing education.

I have learned to expand my skill level and develop talents.

The management team is of the highest calibre and integrity.

I have found my co-workers to also be of high integrity and character. I have never worked in a more supportive environment.

The hardest part of my job is to review and revies and review my designs to insure their accuracy and effectiveness.

The most enjoyable aspect of my position is to see the designs come to fruition and knowing that thousands of people will benefit from them.
Pros
christian environment, incredible co-workers, an awesome cafeteria, i get to see the world.
Cons
na
Seasonal Position
Data Entry Clerk (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2013
I really enjoyed working for this organization and enjoyed working in an environment that believed in helping and supporting others during crisis. A typical day would start off with devotion and I would begin my work day by collecting Christmas donation offers and processed them into their data base system.

4.4