Samaritan's Purse

Samaritan's Purse Employer Reviews

Faith Descrimination
creative director (Former Employee), ncJanuary 5, 2015
a faith "review" is "required" for employment... which is illegal as far as I know.
Work Place good
Emergency Response Team Leader (Former Employee), Boone, NC/ South SudanOctober 19, 2014
Pros: and good lunch
Cons: yes, there is short break
verall rating****
Job Work/Life Balance****
Compensation/Benefits****
Job Security/Advancement****
Management****
Job Culture ****
Fun and Rewarding Place to Work
Staff Writer (Former Employee), Boone, NCOctober 8, 2014
Samaritan's Purse is a wonderful opportunity to use your talents and at the same time give back to those in need and help save lives. Coworkers were very nice and management is fair. There are a lot of perks to this job and you will have the chance to make a difference in the world.
A typical day at Samaritans Purse
Incoming Mail Associate (Former Employee), Boone, NCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: everything. it was truly an amazing experience
Cons: this was only a seasonal position
I worked as an incoming mail associate which meant that all mail that came in through Samaritans Purse, was gone through by my department, and distributed to who it went too. Then after that, we opened the donation envelopes and sorted them by their designated place that they were to go. Then the checks were ran through a machine which scanned the checks into a computer and we entered in the numbers (dollar amounts) on the checks to tally up the deposits for the day. The management and coworkers there were phenominal. It's not just anywhere that you start your day off with praise and worship and prayer as an organization in one building, and then pray before you start work with your department. The hardest part of the job was after incoming mail was done, we would go to outgoing mail and pack boxes for Operation Christmas Child. This would include mailing brochures, fliers, and posters that churches and other places requested.
Best Work Enviroment I have Ever been in
Data Entry (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: only a temporary position
Great management. Wonderful working environment. Dedicated staff and employees.
Fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2014
It really is a nice place to work. Only thing I didn't care too much for was that it was cold all day. And that the job was temporary. But it did let me know that I love doing Data Entry
Operation Christmas Child
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Satisfying to know I was a part of helping to distribute Christmas gifts to underprivileged children of the world.
great atmosphere
HRIS/Recruiting Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boone, NCOctober 25, 2013
loved working there could not ask for better opportunity

very rewarding
Great experience giving to children.
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2013
I spent my day inputting information into a database....very detail oriented. It required my complete focus. In the back of my mind, though was the fact there would be thousands upon thousands of children I didn't know would receive a small gift from people they don't know. It was such a rewarding assignment.
An incredibly well run and productive organization.
Field Electrician/Engineer (Current Employee), Boone, NCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: christian environment, incredible co-workers, an awesome cafeteria, i get to see the world.
Cons: na
A typical day starts with a period of devotions followed by time spent designing electrical distribution systems for medical facilities in developing countries, researching products and continuing education.

I have learned to expand my skill level and develop talents.

The management team is of the highest calibre and integrity.

I have found my co-workers to also be of high integrity and character. I have never worked in a more supportive environment.

The hardest part of my job is to review and revies and review my designs to insure their accuracy and effectiveness.

The most enjoyable aspect of my position is to see the designs come to fruition and knowing that thousands of people will benefit from them.
Seasonal Position
Data Entry Clerk (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2013
I really enjoyed working for this organization and enjoyed working in an environment that believed in helping and supporting others during crisis. A typical day would start off with devotion and I would begin my work day by collecting Christmas donation offers and processed them into their data base system.
Very high Christian values and ethics
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2012
Excellent employer, very busy with quick entry data entry.
I loved My Job
Media Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 5, 2012
Pros: excellent organization
Cons: seasonal
I had the opportunity to work with Operation Christmas Child project of Samaritan's Purse
Samritan's purse is abig organization the head quarter is in America it is helping peaple in need health care and food distribution .
OPD Nurse,OR Nurse, (Former Employee), East sudan hamesh korebJanuary 8, 2015
I can start my job immediately after you accepted me .I have learned Nursing computer and driving lisence .My coworkers are always happy and injoying to work wiht me.The hardest part of this field is when patient died .The most enjoyable is when patient improved.

A great place to work
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee), Leoganne, HaitiAugust 8, 2014
I would start at 7 in the morning and go out to job site and come back at 5 at night. I managed a crew of 70 plus guys and would make sure they were doing their jobs and that they had the materials they needed.
I learned a lot of different construction techniques such as the proper mixture to pour cement, and how to bend rebar and make columns.
My managers were very good and patient. I learned a lot from them and they were always there when I needed them.
My coworkers were easy to get along with, and although I was their boss, there was no tension between us
The hardest part of my job was the learning curve because I was entrusted with some things I had never done before.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all of the construction get completed for each phase and seeing what was accomplished.
Productive and fun
Mobile clinic nurse (Current Employee), Tacloban, P08March 20, 2014
Productive and fun. We travel in several far flung barangays in the province of Samar and Leyte. It was good. eventhough it is very stressful me and workmates still enjoy that we help those people.
good
Shoe Boxes assembler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 21, 2014
This is a good place to volunteer. Typical day here was just arranging shoe boxes in an assembling line. It was fun. I learned the importance of teamwork. The most enjoyable part of this volunteer experience was that i knew that those shoe boxes would brighten up a kid that is located somewhere in the world.
Social moblizer
Social Moblizer (Former Employee), PJKMarch 3, 2013
Arrange transport, labour, logistic etc and their related payments
Arrange meetings of organization with higher government authorities
Work as Translator during community mobilization and gatherings
Establishment of new office and fulfillment of office requirements
Humanitarian Aid Organization
Base Manager (Former Employee), Kesennuma, Miyagi, JapanFebruary 4, 2013
Incredible opportunities for working in foreign countries under somewhat adverse conditions doing humanitarian aid relief work. It was an awesome experience working with peoples of other countries in providing aid.
Amazing job at bringing hope to unfortunate people
International Projects Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2012
Pros: got to travel the world over.
Cons: too much travel time.
This was probably the most exciting job I've ever had. I put together international relief and/or development teams to look after emergencies or educational programs.
Discovering each individual's talents and putting them to work on something they were good at was the greatest satisfaction, second only to seeing the happy faces of those we were helping.
The best part of any project was putting teams together and training them to be able to strategize each operation.
Unfortunately, because I had a young family at that time, the exessive amount of travel forced me to quit.

About Samaritan's Purse

The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God’s desire for us to help those in desperate – Read more

Samaritan's Purse Photos