Samaritan Health Services Employee Reviews

Very competitive work place. Very high speed work load.
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 29, 2017
Very fast growing and work load. Staffing is a great need for this department. This would definitely help this department succeed.
I started this department and we only had two staff and a provider. Since that time the business and need has out grown the staffing and the providers are doing less. This is the cause for Samaritan injuries to have to go to the competition (Corvallis Clinic).
Pros
More staff
Cons
More compensation for years of service
Exceptional place to work!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ORSeptember 11, 2017
I had a wonderful experience working at Samaritan Health Services. I would definitely recommend this as a great place to work! I decided to go back to school, and was no longer able to work full-time. I am hoping to work for Samaritan again in the future.
progressive organization who is continually striving to improve quality health care throughout the Willamette Valley
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 23, 2017
I have been working for Samaritan for over a year and love the company I work for. There is lots of room for growth and continued education and the people I work with are phenomenal.
Pros
everyone is willing to help you if you need it
Cons
the shifts are long
Employment Specialist
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 26, 2017
Too much work to accomplish in normal work week. HR Director is not very open-minded and seriously lack adequate experience in many areas. She does not listen to input and the rest of the HR management only sticks together without listening to employees and their concerns or any outsider experience or training.
Pros
Pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons
management, workload
were only here for the money
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORJuly 26, 2017
long work days full of stress.

certain employees violated HIPPA rules, judged patients, discussed information from patient charts and were able to get away with stuff if they were close with supervisors.

took on too many patients, hearded them in like cattle, the more patients the more money.

MA's over loaded and expected to do too much work.
Fun office
Medical Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORJune 8, 2017
I have learned many things. The office I work at is very fun to work at. The people are great. I learned how to use Epic. Enjoy working the doctors and medical assistants
Not friendly or accepting of new hires
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ORMay 2, 2017
Pay and benefits are good.. if you dont mind feeling like you're back in middle school. Employees and supervisors are very clickish and gossipy and non- accepting of new hires. Unprofessional and inexperienced management. Unfair employment practices and no support from Human Resources. Rules change. Job description changes. Schedule changes. Confusing and Inferior training and with conflicting information and department processes. Everyone hired before you will be your "boss".. Must be flexible enough to bend over backward. Be prepared to hand over your life (full time, variable shifts..between day, swing, noc. and rotating split days off and short notice schedule changes)... and feel constantly on edge.. like you've slipped down a rabbit hole and into h*..
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Everything else..
Was a good place to work...
Customer Service Rep I (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 28, 2017
They talk about advancement but dont do it often. HR is wishy washy and doesnt listen to the input of others. I would not recommend them as far as a career growing area or job security for the future.
Cons
Bad HR, no advancement, bad management
Fun and easy work
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCApril 1, 2017
Work at your own pace type of job. Very easy to learn your duties. Comfortable environment. Easy place to make friends and hold friendships. No option for advancement but you will enjoy your job.
Pros
No rush.
Cons
Seeing how may people are sick daily.
Exciting challenge
Medical Director Drug and Alcohol Rehab (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ORMarch 30, 2017
Addiction medicine for a large multispecialty organization including research and teaching. This is a new project involving review of regulations and contracts.
Pros
great IT
Cons
beurocratic
good place to work
Purchasing Manager - Main Billing office (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2017
My duties included purchasing office supplies, including printers ,computers, etc. I wathe key operator for all of the copiers. I also did various repairs to equipment when necessary
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Breaks and sometimes free lunches
Opportunity to grow within company
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORMarch 27, 2017
I learned how to provide excellent customer service and provide excellent care for patients. The office environment can be complex at times as turn over can be high depending on management.
Pros
Lot's of areas to move in
Cons
Does a lot of restructuring within offices
Wonderful Benefits but Poor Pay and Work Life Balance
RN Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORFebruary 4, 2017
Benefits are excellent, but pay for my division was MUCH less than competitors, so we were often short-staffed and training. The morale was very low due to a constantly changing schedule. Management was kind, but they made no efforts to get employees the time off that was needed. It was common for staff to work 6 days with one off then begin again and to get called in on days off or to be coerced into staying later than scheduled. Getting off on time was a rare event. Due to these things, this job was not family friendly at all unfortunately. Nurses and MAs were overworked and under-appreciated.
Benefits
Cons
Missed breaks, short lunches, frequent scheduling changes, pay
Management was not helpfulto mployees
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 6, 2017
Enjoyed the staff that I worked with in the Mental Health facility. Management did not have good relationship with housekeepers.
great place
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 4, 2017
You have to read over the paperwork very carefully before signing they said that after my client passed that i was suppose to contact them to let them know that but i didnt know that.
Great Place
Medical Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORJanuary 2, 2017
Samaritan health services is a good place to work. Great options of moving around if you like to advance your career. Not too much for pay raises and insurance is alright.
High turnover for Environmental Services
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 1, 2016
The benefits are great and the company is a good company to work for. Management struggles to keep people hired and shifts "rules" too frequently.
Benefits
Cons
Break times seem unreasonable
Was a nice job.. until new managment
Lead Life Support Instructor (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 1, 2016
Worked there 9years... then got new Director.. she had new clue to what she was doing. Tanked the CPR program. She was upset I was a ordained minister. The people where great to work with. Upper management had no real clue in our Dept how to run things.
Pros
Lots of great co-workers
Cons
Directors whom have no clue, you are black balled from all SHS jobs.. so whole mid vallley
no loyalty
CMA/Phlebotomist, Receptionist/Front Office (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 14, 2016
Unorganized, good hours. most of the time had a beak and lunch.
mostly nice co workers. Did not like the 45 min commute each and every morning.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no loyalty
Productive and a exciting place to work
Scheduling Coordinator/Kronos Editor/CNA2 (Former Employee) –  Lincoln City, ORNovember 4, 2015
I was able to advance quickly in the Hospital, management saw my potential and quickly moved me up in positions with the Hospital. I am detailed oriented and have a great work ethic and it all started here at this Hospital.
Pros
Recognition of Employees
Cons
n/a