Samaritan Health Services Employee Reviews

High turnover for Environmental Services
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 1, 2016
The benefits are great and the company is a good company to work for. Management struggles to keep people hired and shifts "rules" too frequently.
Benefits
Cons
Break times seem unreasonable
no loyalty
CMA/Phlebotomist, Receptionist/Front Office (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 14, 2016
Unorganized, good hours. most of the time had a beak and lunch.
mostly nice co workers. Did not like the 45 min commute each and every morning.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no loyalty
Was a nice job.. until new managment
Lead Life Support Instructor (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 1, 2016
Worked there 9years... then got new Director.. she had new clue to what she was doing. Tanked the CPR program. She was upset I was a ordained minister. The people where great to work with. Upper management had no real clue in our Dept how to run things.
Pros
Lots of great co-workers
Cons
Directors whom have no clue, you are black balled from all SHS jobs.. so whole mid vallley
Management was not helpfulto mployees
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 6, 2017
Enjoyed the staff that I worked with in the Mental Health facility. Management did not have good relationship with housekeepers.
great place
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 4, 2017
You have to read over the paperwork very carefully before signing they said that after my client passed that i was suppose to contact them to let them know that but i didnt know that.
excellent benefits package
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 27, 2012
the hardest part was dealing with mentally ill and drunk patients it sometimes required the officers to restrain these patients. but we were very well trained and equiped. there was no chance for advancment within the department but were givien very good yearly rasies.
Pros
good pay good benefits
Cons
no chance for advancement
Lean culture
CLINIC MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 19, 2014
Encourage continuing education with some personal development.The expectation is learning is intuitive with minimal training on any new system. Patient satisfaction scores for our practice are above the 95% . Patients are now view internet when selecting a physician. Providing patient care is the most rewarding.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
not enough EMR training
Great place to learn and grow.
Transcription Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 22, 2014
Samaritan Health Services (SHS) offers employees a great place to thrive. My supervisor was well-trained and willing to share her experience and expertise with the team. SHS has the newest technology for their transcription department, including the Epic 2012 electronic health record (EHR).
Pros
Great benefits
Productive and a exciting place to work
Scheduling Coordinator/Kronos Editor/CNA2 (Former Employee) –  Lincoln City, ORNovember 4, 2015
I was able to advance quickly in the Hospital, management saw my potential and quickly moved me up in positions with the Hospital. I am detailed oriented and have a great work ethic and it all started here at this Hospital.
Pros
Recognition of Employees
Cons
n/a
Terrible place to work
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OregonAugust 22, 2015
4 managers for 35 employees in our department. And yet they were unaware of what we do and rarely if ever interact with us. Treat employees like trash that is easily disposed of. Just terrible. No communication, completely untrustworthy, and maybe a bit paranoid.
Pros
Have affordable insurance and gym benefit
Cons
90 day probation where you can't use PTO, gossip, terrible management, no stability
Busy work enviroment.
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  OregonAugust 24, 2015
Samaritan was a great place to work and provided a busy work day, which I like. I had great co-workers in both the front office and the medical team. Customer service had to be top notch and attention to detail was a must. Management was great and always willing to help out when needed.
Pros
High staffing levels
Cons
High turn over
Good team work, good philosophy "All had a common goal, treat the patient as well as possible"
Oncology/hematology Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 16, 2015
Good oncology/hematology treatments with many patients ending up well. Nice co-workers, supportive upper management, well educated oncology nursing staff. Majority of Doctors very good in what they practice.
Pros
Outfit working hard for the patients needs
Cons
Long icy drive to Corvallis from Depoe Bay 1-2 times a week during winter
Highly Respectful Field
Patient Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2013
This was my life building experience. I enjoyed everything about this job and have no regrets. I learned patience, compassion and how to be sensitive to others while working in and Emergency Room setting. My managers and co-workers we all excellent professionals. The hardest part of this job was having to talk with families at what could be the lowest point of an ER visit. The most enjoyable part of this job is that the Doctors and Nurses all treated me as an equal and no one person was any more important than the other. "EXECELENT EXAMPLE OF TEAM WORK"
Pros
Enjoyed everything about this job.
Cons
Having to deal with the sad situations within ER facility
Management changed and so did the atmosphere
Training Manager - Admitting/Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OROctober 20, 2014
I worked for GSH/SHS for 26 years and in a flash my job was eliminated and they made no concessions for me. I made a lot of concessions for them, but if the NEW management doesn't like you, they will figure a way to get rid of you. My job was eliminated, but not my assistant....

I love working with the people, my co-workers, they were all very supportive.
Cons
Very stressful work enviorment. Employees were often stressed with the up keep of maintaining the numbers.
Senior Med Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2013
This company serviced several different therapuic communities. There would be times when the patient would come in newly going through with drawl signs and because to the lack of concern often time it would create a not so favorable enviorment. The stess factor would be incressed by the underlying reminder of its all about the numbers so we can't spend much time with the patients
Pros
i gave me the opportunity to care for a people which some have counted out.
Cons
the lack of care and treatment.
Not at all what I expected
Urgent Care RN (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORDecember 30, 2012
Toxic environment. Low paid, uneducated mid-level managers who have a 'little man (woman) syndrome.' Unless you are part of a union I would advise against working here (i.e. do not work in the clinics).
Pros
wellness bucks to use for fitness expenses like yoga classes
Cons
terrible management, uses fear based tactics to gain compliance
Great Co-Workers
Lead Life Support Instructor (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 11, 2014
Was a great place to work. Minus the fact if you are fired or quit you are "black balled" and SHS has most all the medical jobs in the Mid-Valley. Some Directors have power issues and personalty flaws.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Managment
First Job
Hospital Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2013
Hospital worked on many different units in 2 different hospitals in Samaritan System in there women service couplet care nursery level 1 women center which was ob gyn medical surgical overflow also floated to medical surgical nuits throughout hospital. General hospital care assessment of pt , medication administration, vitals , communication pt status to medical staff as needed
Pros
Good Mentors
Cons
First job lots to learn
Fun place with good people in all areas
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 17, 2014
Not at this time
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Poor management
Medical Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 24, 2015
The Samaritan system as a whole has gone down hill in the 10 years I have worked for them. The hospital is not bad to work at but other entities within Samaritan are poorly ran, don't ever work for the communication center
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samaritan Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7