Samaritan Health Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Good people to work with
Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 29, 2016
Always need to b e careful, because management is looking to cut people who are as productive as they should be or if they simply don't like you. Was there 10 years doing fine and then every couple years or so they target the higher salaried employees and make a significant effort to let them go.
Pros
Good benefits, good environment
Cons
management does not have your back, HR corrupt
Very friendly and professional organization
Manager - Business Office Operations (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 9, 2016
I truly enjoyed my time at Samaritan Health Services. I learned so much with this organization and my position at the Regional Business Office. This organization provides a wonderful opportunity for growth and continued education and learning. All departments worked together very cohesively and productively. Upper and middle management encourages all employees to grow and learn for future continued personal and professional success. Senior Managers took me under their wing and I learned so much regarding Business Office Operations, Revenue Cycle flows, and collaborating with other teams within a large organization.
Wonderful working enviroment
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, oregonMarch 17, 2016
Enjoyable place to work with good management. I would recommend this employer to others.
The company has room for advancement and wonderful training programs which enable you to move around within the company.
Stable work environment with excellent physicians
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORFebruary 20, 2016
Samaritan health services has been a great place to work for almost a decade. I currently have an excellent manager who is productive, approachable and creates a good work environment. My coworkers are kind, energetic, fun,and very knowledgeable. I enjoy working with patients who are invested in their care and are motivated to participate in their care and recovery. It is sometimes difficult dealing with patients who are frustrated upset, do not understand the care process, or are drug seeking. This has helped me to develop patience, empathy, and the ability to explain care in a respectful and easily understood manner.
Pros
excellent coworkers
Challenging
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 1, 2016
work night shift
co-workers work hard
hardest part of job hours worked takes a toll on your body need proper rest
most enjoyable part of job is talking with patients and seeing how far they have come to over come their problems. Seeing the sparkle in their eyes when they are ready for discharge makes it all worth it.
Pros
allows you to meet people from all walks of life
Cons
realizing this world really does have a homeless problem
I enjoy working at Good Samaritian Regional Medical Center and welcome the challenging environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, OregonJuly 31, 2015
In 1999 I started working for Samaritan Health Services, as a certified nursing assistant and returned to college to obtain a degree in nursing. Samaritan Health Services (SHS) not only gave me the opportunity to gain work experience, but also paid for my education. I was provided with the opportunies of: Preceptorship, Advanced Med/Surg Certification, Clinical Coordinator (charge nurse), Health and Wellness Coach Certification and preparing to train as a House Supervisor at Good Samaritian Regional Medical.. Hospice is a wonderful program not only for the patient but also family. I would be honored to work for Redmond Hospice.
Pros
Caring Work Environment, Education Advancement
Cons
Shift Structure (12 hour)
Place of encourgement
In Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCDecember 29, 2014
A typical day at work consist of taking care of the elderly. It is day full love and being that person to help their day a little brighter. On this job I earned that the elderly just simply want to be loved and needed. In this job I also learned that it is not about me, but the care of the individuals that I am providing care for. The management team there made sure that you had steady and reliable work. This team came out and made their monthly visits and took the time to see about their clients needs. The hardest part of my job was losing a client. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to care for them and the words of wisdom that they left me with.
Fast paced, detailed, good coworkers, friendly patients.
Medical Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, OrFebruary 23, 2014
I work in a very fast paced, busy office.
I've learned more than I ever dreamed I could in a very short period of time
I greatly enjoy my managers and co--workers. We are a team.
The hardest part of the job is juggling the workload with the constant interruptions.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients-many of whom I've been able to get to know, and my co-workers. They are wonderful.
Pros
oftentimes free lunches, friendly co-workers.
Cons
high amounts of stress, not enough staffing
Great work environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 11, 2012
I enjoyed working with Samaritan Health System because staff and management alike were caring individuals and were pleasant to work with. I loved working in the hospital environment and contributing to the common goal of providing a safe and healthy environment not only for patients but for employees as well.

I worked for Samaritan hospice and the most difficult part of the job was meeting the families and sometimes the patients themselves and then learning the patient had died.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the service we provided was one that I would want for myself. I truly believed in the Hospice concept and felt like I was contributing in my role as an secretary/administrative assistant. My voice was often the first one that a family would hear when they called and that made a huge difference in making them feel more comfortble and less fearful. Those first contacts can make or break a relationship.

4.2