Samaritan Hospital

Samaritan Hospital Employer Reviews

Employees where great/Great Communication/Enjoyed the Patients
Site Supervisor, Securitas (Former Employee), Watertown, NYDecember 5, 2014
Pros: seeing and talking with the patients/fellow employees/
Cons: communication between senior leadership and staff
This Hospital truly cares for there patients just as if each one was a family member. If you have an opportunity to be employed by them, jumped at the chance. They are really nice people.
The Staff is great
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Troy, NYSeptember 15, 2014
The people I have worked with at Samaritan Hospital are all great. The things they deal with on a day to day basis affords them no right to behave as calm and caring as they do.
Private fun relaxed place to work, nice people working there and always remained busy.
Medical Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Troy, NYMay 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch, 30 minute breaks, good selection of food, own work space
Interned 9 to 2p.m.
I learned to do billing at samaritan in the outpatient behavioral health departmentthat
management was polite and respectful
co-workers were friendly always said hi made my work day go by easy no one was ever in a bad mood, well they did not show that they were
hardest part ofd the job was not getting as much work done that I would of wantd to complete
most enjoyable part of working there was going to work there alone period I had fun time went by fast I always woke up looking forward to go to work
Customer service
Human Resource Associate (Former Employee), Troy, NYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: i got to work on other divisions in the hospital and gain a lot of knowledge
Cons: not enought time to learn more.
A typical day at work the hospital was processing new employee’s applications and posting new jobs.
What I learned was to work with different types of hospital divisions and licensing
Our management team work very closely to ensure that all hospital staff had the licenses or requirements needed to work.
I only had four co-workers and it was always a pleasure working together.
The hardest part of the job, there was nothing hard I love taking new challenges and I really love learning new things, especially technology.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new employees.
busy
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Troy, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good to employee's, shows appreciation, supportive and encouraging
Cons: busy from the time you get there until you leave
Supportive staff and manager. Company good to employee's. Holiday party's, going away party's, listen and works with each employee using a work life balance approach
Typical Medical Field Position
Registration Representative (Current Employee), Troy, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: time-off requests often approved, flexible hours, good work atmosphere, decent compensation
Cons: laziness of new coworkers, over-hiring, poor listening/organization of management
A typical day of work can either be very slow, and hard to find things to do, or, very fast paced and therefor be stressful. I learned that no matter what happened during the extent of the day, as long as everything was done properly, and in a timely manner, most things could be solved easily. Management was a little hard to work with, sometimes they would listen to complaints or worries about the department and not take action. They seem a tad disorganized, adding new protocols, and rules every other week. My coworkers were mainly women of varying age, and seemed to be more interested in gossip and interoffice relationships than actual work. Once confronted with these grievances though, they would be much better in the workplace. The hardest part of the job probably would have been talking with the management, they made the work unnecessarily stressful by adding new things we had to keep up on every other week. The work grew harder and harder but was still not that hard so it was acceptable. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I made a difference in peoples lives by making sure they got the attention and medical care they needed.
Just a wonderful place to work
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: i learned so much in a short period of time
I started out in Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Tech and then worked in OR as an Anesthesia Tech. I learned so much from both of these positions. Medical Terminology, preparing IV's, so much about pharmacy and OR. It was a fun loving place to work
Enjoyed working with my co-workers
MRI & CT Technologist (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 24, 2014
I was very appreciative of getting this job after moving to Lexington from Florida. I was still pretty young in my career and had a lot to learn. This place helped me learn quite a bit. Inevitably, I was offered the opportunity to work for GE.
A day in the life of Samaritan Hospital
Mental Health Aide (Current Employee), Troy, NYJanuary 11, 2014
A day at work can be very chaotic depending on the patients moods. We are trying to keep them occupied by doing groups and activities which can be challenging. I have learned that patience is one of the most important things you can have there because many of the patients will push your buttons. The management can be somewhat of a challenge because a lot of the rules and regulations will change. My coworkers are wonderful, I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without them. The hardest part of my job is not being able to say something when a patient says something insulting to myself or another coworker. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with, and how I'm making the patients happy by being there.
10 starrs
x ray clerk (Former Employee), Troy, NYNovember 24, 2013
i love working for this company and i would like come back to this business
Pleasant place to work
Behavioral Unit Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, NYNovember 13, 2013
I enjoyed the everyday challenges of being a Behavioral Health Unit Assistant on the Inpatient Mental Health Units. I truly enjoyed seeing and helping with the progress that the patients were making everyday, toward a healthier and more productive life for themselves.
Its a hospital
Director (Former Employee), Watertown, NYOctober 26, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: management style
It's a hospital in the boonies. Some of the people are really warm and helping. The Nursing department really demonstrates their care for the Patients. It is not obvious what Leadership's true intentions or directions are. The Lab, PT, Nursing Department, Radiology, Pharmacy, Morgue and Cafeteria are to be commended for their high values and level of determination to help Patients in every manner get better.
A good place to work.
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), Troy, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: small department allowed for very personal care.
Cons: younger therapists did not understand theories of what they were doing, but were computer savvy. needed to work on their clinical and people skills.
The CTC was a relatively small department. Our patient load changed drastically from 2007 to2012. When I first started there were 50 - 70 patients and in 2012 the patient count was 10-20 patients per day. I loved working with my patients. I taught my fellow therapists how to use Varian equipment because they had never used Varian equipment before and I am proficient with Varian equipment.
Great work evironment.
Supervisor Materials Handling (Former Employee), Troy, NYAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits, free meals
Cons: hard to advance because most people stayed in their positions for a long time.
Samaritan Hospital was a great place to work for. I got to interact with different people every day. I worked with a great team.I learned how to be compassionate to patients needs for their diets. Management was always present and helped to make the work environment great.We had a really great team , everyone worked together.
A very high paced job.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 21, 2013
Pros: you did get to help people that really needed it.
Cons: alot of con artist clogging up the system
There are alot of patients every day and you are the only one to get them registered and precerted for insurance. The phone never stops ringings. You have to take securtiy with you when you discharge a patient for getting narcotics at multiple doctors. Not uncommon to be there from 8am to 8pm every day.
The people always cared, & were kind to me.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) Operating Room (Former Employee), Troy, NYJuly 6, 2013
Pros: could always go to supervisors with concerns, & are willing to discuss situations
Cons: basement work. felt like often too much for one person
I wasn't ever a big fan of the jobs. They were in a sense " the bottom of the totem pole". I didn't like working in the basement all day without sunlight for almost 15 years.
FUN GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: cafeteria great food
Cons: irate pts
HELPING OTHERS AND COLLABORATING WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS AND DR'S, LEARNED A LOT ABOUT REGISTERING, BILLING, CHARITY, MANAGEMENT GREAT, GREAT CO WORKERS, HARDEST PART OF JOB HAVING PT COMPLAINTS ABOUT BILL, ALL OF IT IS GREAT TO HELP PTS GET THE BEST HEALTHCARE.
Emergency Room
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: slow pace
Cons: confronting angery patients
I was the financial person that had to collect payments before being seen by physician in the Emergency Department . Also would set up payment plans for patients.
Productive workplace
Patient advocate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: great job, independence, self empowered
Cons: contracted position, contrat ended.
Excellent job, worked with underinsured patients to provide healthcare assistance
Great place to work.
ER Registrar (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 22, 2012
Pros: working with patients and families.
Cons: people dying and getting sick on you, even though they can't help it.
worked with patients and families. Learned more about insurance companies and requirements. Great supervisor and management. Good staff to work with. Was difficult to see people die. Enjoyed working with many different people.