Samaritan Hospital Employee Reviews

Serious and Confidential Work Place
Ward Clerl (Former Employee) –  Macon, MOMarch 8, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of sitting at your computer and not looking up from it unless, your printing off paperwork. I learned to have more patience while sitting at my desk.
Pros
Free Water
Cons
Short Breaks, Insurance very exspensive, No Benefits
good place for students
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  2215 Burdett Ave, Troy, NY 12180March 7, 2017
flexible schedule and many opportunities to learn. as a pharmacy intern/student this is a good place to work and gain experience. the pharmacist are passionate and knowledgeable.
Acute Care Hospital with Great Learning Opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Samaritan Hospital Operating Room is a great place for a new and novice nurse to advance in their practice. The atmosphere is pleasant and friendly. The cases are interesting and sometimes complex.
A very rewarding job!
Kitchen Aide/Cook/Barista (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WASeptember 29, 2016
Even though I worked in the kitchen it was still a very rewarding feeling knowing that I was preparing food for patients. The management and HR service was very good. The work hours were also nice and the work wasn't extremely difficult.
Pros
Caring management
Great place to work!
Staff RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHAugust 19, 2016
Very nurse friendly environment. Recently became a part of University Hospitals. Great DON who listened and responded to our staffing needs.
Productive and great place to learn in the culinary arts
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 18, 2016
The fellow employees were the best part of the job. They made it feel like you weren't even working and they always have knowledge to share with you. I learned a lot of little tips in the culinary arts. A typical day at work involved me doing things from serving out food and dealing with customers to prepping food to be cooked. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there was always something new to learn.
Growing Hospital
Registered Professional Nurse (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 12, 2016
The hospital is quickly growing and improving in patient care and satisfaction. It's a fast paced, challenging place to work with strong staff support systems.
Kitchen
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 16, 2015
I loved working with my co-workers and the people we would feed. Very well cleaned and kept nice and neat. Also had fun doing our job.
first job
Registered Nurse, ICU/CCU (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 8, 2015
Worked in the ICU/CCU as a new grad. Learned a lot on both day and night shift. I loved my patients and it gave me a wonderful foundation to build from.
Was a opportunity to experience a different work atmosphere.
Medical Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 26, 2015
The opportunity that i received from Samaritan was the chance to greet individuals with mental problems. It gave me and insight on life and how not to take life or anything else for granted.
Pros
able to utilize my skills of defusing a situation
Cons
didn't like the way my coworkers treated our clients.
Great atmosphere and training.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 22, 2015
Being a lab assistant is a lot of work. It is however very rewarding. Knowing that you are a step in the healing process for patients is amazing.
Current Position
Patient Registration Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Completed registration quickly and cordially for all new patients. Confirmed patient information, collect copays and verified insurance. Strictly followed all federal and state guidelines for release of information. Directed patient flow during practice hours, minimizing patient wait time. Arranged and assisted with hospital admissions.
taking care of patients
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 24, 2015
I truly enjoy taking care of others. helping them along with their family members that may be in need of guidance and/or compassion in a time of need. Helping the Nurses and Doctors with their daily tasks. taking in all the information that i could.
Pros
taking care of others
Cons
diseases that are contagious
Employees where great/Great Communication/Enjoyed the Patients
Site Supervisor, Securitas (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYDecember 5, 2014
This Hospital truly cares for there patients just as if each one was a family member. If you have an opportunity to be employed by them, jumped at the chance. They are really nice people.
Pros
Seeing and talking with the patients/fellow employees/
Cons
Communication between senior leadership and staff
The Staff is great
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 15, 2014
The people I have worked with at Samaritan Hospital are all great. The things they deal with on a day to day basis affords them no right to behave as calm and caring as they do.
Private fun relaxed place to work, nice people working there and always remained busy.
Medical Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 24, 2014
Interned 9 to 2p.m.
I learned to do billing at samaritan in the outpatient behavioral health departmentthat
management was polite and respectful
co-workers were friendly always said hi made my work day go by easy no one was ever in a bad mood, well they did not show that they were
hardest part ofd the job was not getting as much work done that I would of wantd to complete
most enjoyable part of working there was going to work there alone period I had fun time went by fast I always woke up looking forward to go to work
Pros
free lunch, 30 minute breaks, good selection of food, own work space
Customer service
Human Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMarch 24, 2014
A typical day at work the hospital was processing new employee’s applications and posting new jobs.
What I learned was to work with different types of hospital divisions and licensing
Our management team work very closely to ensure that all hospital staff had the licenses or requirements needed to work.
I only had four co-workers and it was always a pleasure working together.
The hardest part of the job, there was nothing hard I love taking new challenges and I really love learning new things, especially technology.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new employees.
Pros
I got to work on other divisions in the hospital and gain a lot of knowledge
Cons
not enought time to learn more.
busy
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMarch 13, 2014
Supportive staff and manager. Company good to employee's. Holiday party's, going away party's, listen and works with each employee using a work life balance approach
Pros
good to employee's, shows appreciation, supportive and encouraging
Cons
busy from the time you get there until you leave
Typical Medical Field Position
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMarch 10, 2014
A typical day of work can either be very slow, and hard to find things to do, or, very fast paced and therefor be stressful. I learned that no matter what happened during the extent of the day, as long as everything was done properly, and in a timely manner, most things could be solved easily. Management was a little hard to work with, sometimes they would listen to complaints or worries about the department and not take action. They seem a tad disorganized, adding new protocols, and rules every other week. My coworkers were mainly women of varying age, and seemed to be more interested in gossip and interoffice relationships than actual work. Once confronted with these grievances though, they would be much better in the workplace. The hardest part of the job probably would have been talking with the management, they made the work unnecessarily stressful by adding new things we had to keep up on every other week. The work grew harder and harder but was still not that hard so it was acceptable. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I made a difference in peoples lives by making sure they got the attention and medical care they needed.
Pros
Time-off requests often approved, flexible hours, good work atmosphere, decent compensation
Cons
laziness of new coworkers, over-hiring, poor listening/organization of management
Just a wonderful place to work
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 28, 2014
I started out in Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Tech and then worked in OR as an Anesthesia Tech. I learned so much from both of these positions. Medical Terminology, preparing IV's, so much about pharmacy and OR. It was a fun loving place to work
Pros
I learned so much in a short period of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samaritan Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Samaritan Hospital Reviews by Location