Samaritan Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Was a opportunity to experience a different work atmosphere.
Medical Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 26, 2015
The opportunity that i received from Samaritan was the chance to greet individuals with mental problems. It gave me and insight on life and how not to take life or anything else for granted.
Pros
able to utilize my skills of defusing a situation
Cons
didn't like the way my coworkers treated our clients.
Kitchen
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 16, 2015
I loved working with my co-workers and the people we would feed. Very well cleaned and kept nice and neat. Also had fun doing our job.
first job
Registered Nurse, ICU/CCU (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 8, 2015
Worked in the ICU/CCU as a new grad. Learned a lot on both day and night shift. I loved my patients and it gave me a wonderful foundation to build from.
Great atmosphere and training.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 22, 2015
Being a lab assistant is a lot of work. It is however very rewarding. Knowing that you are a step in the healing process for patients is amazing.
Current Position
Patient Registration Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Completed registration quickly and cordially for all new patients. Confirmed patient information, collect copays and verified insurance. Strictly followed all federal and state guidelines for release of information. Directed patient flow during practice hours, minimizing patient wait time. Arranged and assisted with hospital admissions.
taking care of patients
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 24, 2015
I truly enjoy taking care of others. helping them along with their family members that may be in need of guidance and/or compassion in a time of need. Helping the Nurses and Doctors with their daily tasks. taking in all the information that i could.
Pros
taking care of others
Cons
diseases that are contagious
Employees where great/Great Communication/Enjoyed the Patients
Site Supervisor, Securitas (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYDecember 5, 2014
This Hospital truly cares for there patients just as if each one was a family member. If you have an opportunity to be employed by them, jumped at the chance. They are really nice people.
Pros
seeing and talking with the patients/fellow employees/
Cons
communication between senior leadership and staff
Private fun relaxed place to work, nice people working there and always remained busy.
Medical Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 24, 2014
Interned 9 to 2p.m.
I learned to do billing at samaritan in the outpatient behavioral health departmentthat
management was polite and respectful
co-workers were friendly always said hi made my work day go by easy no one was ever in a bad mood, well they did not show that they were
hardest part ofd the job was not getting as much work done that I would of wantd to complete
most enjoyable part of working there was going to work there alone period I had fun time went by fast I always woke up looking forward to go to work
Pros
free lunch, 30 minute breaks, good selection of food, own work space
Customer service
Human Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMarch 24, 2014
A typical day at work the hospital was processing new employee’s applications and posting new jobs.
What I learned was to work with different types of hospital divisions and licensing
Our management team work very closely to ensure that all hospital staff had the licenses or requirements needed to work.
I only had four co-workers and it was always a pleasure working together.
The hardest part of the job, there was nothing hard I love taking new challenges and I really love learning new things, especially technology.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new employees.
Pros
i got to work on other divisions in the hospital and gain a lot of knowledge
Cons
not enought time to learn more.
A day in the life of Samaritan Hospital
Mental Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 11, 2014
A day at work can be very chaotic depending on the patients moods. We are trying to keep them occupied by doing groups and activities which can be challenging. I have learned that patience is one of the most important things you can have there because many of the patients will push your buttons. The management can be somewhat of a challenge because a lot of the rules and regulations will change. My coworkers are wonderful, I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without them. The hardest part of my job is not being able to say something when a patient says something insulting to myself or another coworker. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with, and how I'm making the patients happy by being there.
A good place to work.
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 30, 2013
The CTC was a relatively small department. Our patient load changed drastically from 2007 to2012. When I first started there were 50 - 70 patients and in 2012 the patient count was 10-20 patients per day. I loved working with my patients. I taught my fellow therapists how to use Varian equipment because they had never used Varian equipment before and I am proficient with Varian equipment.
Pros
small department allowed for very personal care.
Cons
younger therapists did not understand theories of what they were doing, but were computer savvy. needed to work on their clinical and people skills.
Great work evironment.
Supervisor Materials Handling (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 27, 2013
Samaritan Hospital was a great place to work for. I got to interact with different people every day. I worked with a great team.I learned how to be compassionate to patients needs for their diets. Management was always present and helped to make the work environment great.We had a really great team , everyone worked together.
Pros
great benefits, free meals
Cons
hard to advance because most people stayed in their positions for a long time.
Its a hospital
Director (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYOctober 26, 2013
It's a hospital in the boonies. Some of the people are really warm and helping. The Nursing department really demonstrates their care for the Patients. It is not obvious what Leadership's true intentions or directions are. The Lab, PT, Nursing Department, Radiology, Pharmacy, Morgue and Cafeteria are to be commended for their high values and level of determination to help Patients in every manner get better.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
management style
A great place to work and make patients happy.
Occupational Medicine Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJune 7, 2012
I worked in Occupational Medicine for 6 years. I left due to an irreconsiable divorce. I would give anything to move back to Moses Lake and dedicate my work ethics with the previous fenominal physician that I worked with prior. We were two peas in a pod and we did our job to the utmost of perfection. I miss working and doing my job well. I am certified in all aspects of Occupational Medicine and I also am close to the Chief of Staff for Olympia LNI.
I would love to be considered for this position and I would become an asset to this company as I did prior as an employee to the Hospital.
Pros
the ability to meet people and help them with their needs.
Cons
i cannot think of any as i enjoyed everything about this facility.
A very high paced job.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 21, 2013
There are alot of patients every day and you are the only one to get them registered and precerted for insurance. The phone never stops ringings. You have to take securtiy with you when you discharge a patient for getting narcotics at multiple doctors. Not uncommon to be there from 8am to 8pm every day.
Pros
you did get to help people that really needed it.
Cons
alot of con artist clogging up the system
The people always cared, & were kind to me.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 6, 2013
I wasn't ever a big fan of the jobs. They were in a sense " the bottom of the totem pole". I didn't like working in the basement all day without sunlight for almost 15 years.
Pros
could always go to supervisors with concerns, & are willing to discuss situations
Cons
basement work. felt like often too much for one person
Great place to work.
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 22, 2012
worked with patients and families. Learned more about insurance companies and requirements. Great supervisor and management. Good staff to work with. Was difficult to see people die. Enjoyed working with many different people.
Pros
working with patients and families.
Cons
people dying and getting sick on you, even though they can't help it.
Fun great place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMarch 6, 2013
Helping others and collaborating with other departments and dr's, learned a lot about registering, billing, charity, management great, great co workers, hardest part of job having pt complaints about bill, all of it is great to help pts get the best healthcare.
Pros
cafeteria great food
Cons
irate pts
Just a wonderful place to work
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 28, 2014
I started out in Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Tech and then worked in OR as an Anesthesia Tech. I learned so much from both of these positions. Medical Terminology, preparing IV's, so much about pharmacy and OR. It was a fun loving place to work
Pros
i learned so much in a short period of time
Pleasant place to work
Behavioral Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYNovember 13, 2013
I enjoyed the everyday challenges of being a Behavioral Health Unit Assistant on the Inpatient Mental Health Units. I truly enjoyed seeing and helping with the progress that the patients were making everyday, toward a healthier and more productive life for themselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samaritan Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.