Samaritan Village

Samaritan Village United States Employee Reviews

fun company to work for
Maintenance worker (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 17, 2015
my daily tasks where to ensure that the facility to ensure that all building systems where running effectively and preventive maintenance though out entire facility
Fun learning experience with senior citizens
Caregiver/Aide (Former Employee), Hughson, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: it was always something different everyday.
Cons: losing residents.
Through this enjoyable and grateful opportunity, I learned how to understand people and their history. There was never a single day where I dreaded going to work. I loved listening and learning from their stories. I had no problem pretending I was someone’s daughter or granddaughter, when it involved residence with dementia; I was more than glad to give them a moment of happiness.
MISSION GOALS, AND CAREER OBJECTIVES
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), 155 West 125th Street, NY 10056February 23, 2015
I believe long-term goals are achieved when we break them into smaller achievable goals. My short-term goal is to get a job in an
organization that is progressive and performance driven. I wish to join a competent team where in I can add value to project an in turn,
take home learning as well. My long term plan is to secure a challenging position as an Administrative Assistant here at Samaritan village
and deliver my best.
Very supportive with professional development
Case Manager/Alcohol Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), 8883 Van Wyck Expressway, Jamaica, New YorkDecember 22, 2014
Pros: professional development
Cons: pay was not good
Very good organization but the amount of money they were offering was not enough for me to support my family
Homeless Shelter
Case Manager (Shelter) (Current Employee), Brooklyn NYDecember 2, 2014
Great helping people to find home and get off the street.I had to work closely with client on every day living plan
the work place was pretty fun and it was a good experience because i learned alot
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 17, 2014
the hardest part of the job i could say was dealing with the clients that were living there because they were very young minded my typical day on the job at samaritan village would be mop and sweep floors take out trash and be on stand by just in case my superviser needed me for anything i learned alot about sheet rock ,dry wall installation,buffing minor electrical work and plumming as for my co-workers they were very helpful when i didnt know something they took they time to teach me the most enjoyable part of the job i would say would be the peaple and just dealing with different attitudes i say that because im a peaples person.
In Patient Drug and Alcohol Program
House Manager/ Counselor (Former Employee), Ellenville, NYMay 2, 2014
This was a newly opened facility that served Veteran Women. This place was very unorganized, they went through three directors in less than a year and a half. But besides the down side of that, I really enjoyed working with the women and helping them to reach their goals
Great place to improve Human Service skill, Great supervision
Case Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 12, 2014
Pros: self improvement is encouraged
Cons: weekend late hours
In the past two years samaritan has given me the ability to learn and improve my skills in human services. Management encourage free thinking and has open door policy for any job improvement suggestions. I enjoy working with the staff and learning from everyone
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2014
Worked with a diverse population. Co-workers showed a various degree of enthusiasm.
The company is great, but the location is a toss-up
Case Manager (Current Employee), NY, NYMarch 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, "family atmosphere"
Cons: people are constantly getting fired, understaffed, strange schedules
Samaritan is a great company to work for. They offer solid pay and great benefits. However, each individual site is different. At mine in particular, things are rather disorganized and there's high employee turnover. In addition, although almost everyone I work with has an advanced degree, my site doesn't offer any room for advancement and licensure (they don't have the required supervision). In addition, because of employee turnover, my site is chronically understaffed which leads to nearly unmanageable caseloads. Overall however, I can't fault Samaritan for this, I think it is a fault of the type of site where I am working.
Great place to intern
ART THERAPY INTERN (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
Established program with great support from clinical staff
Wonderful co-workers, laid back
Level III Case Manager (Current Employee), Ellenville NYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good for gaining experience in the field, great co workers
Cons: workload, caseload are high, no overtime
It's a wonderful place to work for learning purposes. Very supportive and "fun co-workers". The work schedule is generally very fluctual, however, supervisors are flexible. Must work holidays and 1 weekend day.
great company low pay skills
Document Case Management activities (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 26, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay skills
Great company that does awesome work. However, the location that I worked for had poor management.
A Real World Experience in the Shelter System
Security Officer (Current Employee), Brooklyn. NYDecember 24, 2013
Pros: new experience in the shelter system
Cons: short breaks, negative clients & behavior, under appreciated position
The job can be Pleasant experience when there are no conflicts & physical altercations amognst the clients themselves or them with staff & security officers. Monitor the rooms between 3-4 times an hr.Check the 2nd rooftop for any activity. Detect any potential incdents & deter the actions of the clients as quickly as possible. Report any disturbance that cannot be resloved by me to my supervisor & the facility shift supevisor. When it quiet & no action happening.
Not too shabby about it
Case Manager, Human Service Assistant (Former Employee), Briarwood, NYOctober 23, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, paid vacations, benefits package
Cons: management, no room for growth or advancement
A typical day at work:

Clock in at 3:45pm (because my day usually started at 4pm). Go into my office to start-up my computer, and I am automatically called by my Supervisor and reprimanded because I "forgot" to say good afternoon/evening. There was a lot of Unequal Opportunities for Employers, as well as clients. Too many advancements between family members, made me feel left out of the group.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my client's faces when they saw that I was working that night. The professional relationship I maintained with my client's is incomparable to any other job I ever worked for, and the results were astronomical - placing one client after another into permanent residence, and seeing their joyful attitudes as they were packing their little belongings to move on to the next phase of their lives... The hardest part of the job was dealing with my Superiors (Management).
productive
Maintenance and Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 9, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: quick breaks
Mopped, swept, and tidied facility, including kitchen area, Disposed of garbage properly and in a timely matter, Prepared breakfast using grill,Took inventory of food; unloaded and organized food deliveries, good co-workers and good environment
Location on island, isolated
Assistant Director - Clinical Services (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2013
Cons: isolated, travel distance, rotating hours
Agency site was located on an island with same bridge for in and out. I found company to be fair, however management at time was not. Hardest part was getting information to do reports.
Internship
Jr. Systems Administrator/Intern (Former Employee), Hughson, CAJune 14, 2013
Was only there for a short time, and in and unpaid internship. Learned a lot. Management was wonderful.
working in fear of being fired
Case Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2013
Cons: catty co workers
working in fear of being fired for very minor issues. Every day some was fired. One of the directors in charge is on a mission to let go of everyone she personally did not like. Not the greatest work enviornment, but the pay was good.
fun, everyone got along, and you wanted to come back to work the next day.
House Manager (Former Employee), Ellenville, NYMarch 1, 2013
Pros: : learned a lot, salary was good, vacation was ok, happy to contribute to my team but ultimately want to do bigger and greater things!
Cons: : learned a lot, salary was good, vacation was ok, happy to contribute to my team but ultimately want to do bigger and greater things!
I enjoy assisting guests and co-workers to meet a range of business needs.
A typical work day will consist of manage incoming and outgoing communications via email, calls, or projects i.e. visitor sign-ins, host contacts, conference room scheduling and assigning facilities for set up and break downs, travel/ hotel and other directions.

About Samaritan Village

Samaritan Village, in partnership with the New York City Department of Correction, provides discharge planning, motivation, and – Read more

Samaritan Village Salaries