sammons trucking

sammons trucking Employer Reviews

Very family oriented
Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Missoula, MTApril 8, 2014
Pros: lots of long term employees makes for a very stable company.
Cons: because of the job i have it sometimes can be overwhelming.
Sammons Trucking is very family oriented. Their philosophy is family, work, money. When my son was in junior high and high school I was able to attend his football and track events with no problems. It is a very busy job that is constant and most days not a lot of down time. In the office itself everyone seems to get along very well. My day starts with – more... clearing loads for driver and taking calls, that usually slows down shortly after lunch and then it is checking paperwork, invoicing and contacting customers and driver on paperwork that is missing. The most enjoyable part of the day is when drivers come in, they maybe ones I know or have only talked to on the phone, it is nice to put a face with the name. – less
rough life
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Missoula, MTAugust 19, 2013
Pros: you are working for yourself
Cons: no health care package offered
You work with brokers within and outside of the company,your livelyhood depends on the freight you can find and not getting stuck with a lemon of a truck.
Worst company I have ever worked for.
truck driver (Former Employee), dallas txMay 22, 2013
Pros: i realized how bad it was very quick and quit
Cons: that i ever worked for this company
The management at this company could care less about you, your just another number in their eyes. The loads were very scarce and home time was next to nothing.
i just drive all day
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Missoula, MTNovember 27, 2012
Pros: your the boss
Cons: no extra life
its ok if your single and dont want a life other than work. the company is well managed i truly have no complaints its just that you cant do this type of work and have a life out side of it.
A good way to see the country.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), MTSeptember 19, 2012
At first, it was a very good place to work, but as the economy went bad, freight became limited. I wasn't making the kind of money as when I first started. I really enjoyed driving across country. You meet interesting people. I miss it.

About sammons trucking

Sammons Trucking is a premier 49-state / Canada, open-deck/truckload carrier. With its 300+ power units, Sammons is equipped – Read more