Sampson Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Management unconcerned about employees
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Main.May 3, 2016
Management more concerned about bottom dollar. Outdated equipment, expected keep it running without training. Requests overtime, miminal pay. Everyone unhappy EXCEPT management as long as they make themselves look good to Administration & Board with BS. They dump on the Staff and tell Staff make it work it's the best we have. The people who really try and care get burned out and quit. The management speak disrespectful of those who quit really cared about their work.
Pros
Cons
Overall not a place to be recommended to work
Fun place to work the people were very friendly
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCJanuary 13, 2016
Really enjoyed the job meeting different people,fixing different foods in a variety of different ways it was also fun learning the different diets and special foods that the patients had to eat to stay healthy during there stay in the hospital just an overall nice job and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Free lunches gifts at christmas time
Cons
Some times had to work short staffed.
Great for learning a broad range of care and patients.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work as a cna. Teamwork is a must have. Communication could be better. Good at working around your current schedule needs.
Pros
great co workers
low pay never appreciated
us (Current Employee) –  ?October 9, 2015
Low pay and never appreciated by the management, expected to do two jobs for one pay. Raises are horrible. No room for advancement anymore.
Pros
low pay
Great teamwork
Registered Nurse- Medical Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 24, 2015
Great teamwork. I enjoy my time on the medical-surgical floor and my peers! Small town hospital with excellent people!
Overall good place to work. Is like most rural hospitalist rural program. Difficult to attract caring doctors.
Healthcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 5, 2015
Typical hospitalist work. ER is not the best. Patients are very nice and a pleasure to care for Enjoyed interacting with nurses and patients.
Pros
patients and nurses
Cons
administation
I did training, intubation, ventilator,blood gas management, scheduling, evaluations
Evening Supervisor (Former Employee) –  clinton, nc 28328July 18, 2015
I was the evening supervisor for the cardiopulmonary department. I did scheduling, evaluations, training for the staff. Disability PFT's and echocardiograms. I took call every third weekend for intubations and ventilated transports.
Could be a great place to work but upper management not nice at all.
receptionist (Former Employee) –  ClintonJune 10, 2015
This company is not a good company to work with as far as money is concerned because they want to pay you as little as possible. If you are a brown nose worker you fit in but if not you suffer by having loads of work costantly piled on you so you cant keep up and then your told you cant do your job and you either have to quit or be terminated. If you quit you stand a chance of being hired back at a later time if not you will not be allowed to work with any one associated with the hospital. The upper management really only consist of two people whom have been wrongly treating employees. It takes forever to get sny kind of decent raise here.
Pros
you do have a few good co-workers
Cons
some co-workers are back stabbers and brown nose all the time, upper management needs to be gotten rid of
low pay rate for Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCMay 11, 2015
Srmc starts all aides out with the same pay no matter the years of experience. Their is very little chance for advancement or raises. The medical insurance is good and the healthy living program is great.
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCMay 8, 2015
My typical day at work mainly consisted of being on the phone with Medicare and Medicaid. I learned from management that there is always room for improvement, but when one does their best they have accomplished so much. The hardest thing about my job was not being able to see new faces much , or working with the public. I was in a small cubical and most of my relationships were built over the phone with insurance representatives.
Job that provides opportunities to grow with company
Financial Counselor/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCNovember 20, 2014
Working a Sampson Regional was pretty enjoyable. Of course, with any job there are changes and sometimes the changes may not be something that everyone agreed with, but overall, it was what was best for the company. I enjoyed working with the patients and with my coworkers.
Pros
being able to work with people
Cons
not always feeling apprecited
Unprofessionalism
CNA (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCNovember 15, 2014
The "high" up people do not care about you. 85% of people hate it here. I'm looking for a new job everyday along with many other Nurses and CNAs. Census is so slow. Barely any PNA, CHF, COPD, or flu pts are coming in and its mid Nov. I'm PRN and I was called out of work 3 weekends in a row and no one cared that I didn't have any money to live. I would never come here if I was sick or bring a family member or child here either. I would never work here as a LPN or RN. You can rarely believe anyone if they say they gave a pt a bath or brushed their teeth, because the toothbrush wrapper will be unopened and the pts who are in their right mind will tell you that they didn't get a bath : / There has been numerous times where I have walked by an empty room and a pt was in there and no one told me I had an admission. There is also a lot of gossip and 2faced people. The Nurses and CNAs have too much of a workload and ED likes to wait until 15 minutes prior to shift change before admitting a pt onto the floor. SRMC has just made me burned out by healthcare. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work here. There are a few of some Nurses and CNAs that are great people. SRMC is not what it use to be. 85% of its workers are honestly miserable. So many great RNs have left already. I honestly thought I liked it when I first started here, but within 5 months, that quickly changed.
Pros
it pays the bills : /
Cons
unprofessional, no encouragement, no communication.
Samspon Regional Medical Center
Physician Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clinton NCOctober 21, 2014
I enjoy working at Sampson Regional, I have some wonderful co-workers
I loved this job.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCSeptember 22, 2014
This was a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed my co-workers. We were like family. I also enjoyed helping the patients. That was the highlight of my day. There was room for advancement and I really felt part of the team.
Lacks servant leadership
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 9, 2014
patient/nurse ratio too high, assignments based on room number instead of acquity, lack of management on dayshift, coworkers stressed due to patient load, not an employee friendly hospital
Pros
close to home
Cons
lack of benefits, lack of management skills
Certified Phlebotomist ASCP) CM (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCJune 3, 2014
Good place to work and co-workers are very helpful and love helping the patients.
Pros
four day work week
Cons
short lunch hour
I enjoy my job a great deal.
LPN Med Surge Floor (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCOctober 12, 2013
My job is not really typical. We have nights that are slow, or we may have nights that are very busy and hectic. Never a dull moment. I have learned many things working on the Med-Surge floor. Medicine has always interested me and I take every opportunity to learn new things and ask questions. I work with some excellent nurses, both new and seasoned and have learned from them all. Our CNA's are also a great bunch to work with. We have had some management changes over the past year and they are falling into their new positions well. The hardest part of my job is loosing a patient. I have learned over the years that you have to separate your feelings to a degree otherwise you will not be able to help family members and do what is required of you. Sometimes this is an enjoyable part of my job because the family can be very appreciative of what you have done for them and their family. I believe that your attitude always has an effect on how patients and family will respond to you.
loved it
Coding (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCOctober 8, 2013
great place to work. good benefits. flexible. Management on top of healthcare changes. Friendly small town atmosphere.
Pros
many
Cons
non
Every Interesting place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCJune 3, 2013
I love my job, and my patients. I love the hours and shifts. We work 12 hour shifts and therefore get more time off during the weekdays and every other weekend off. I love my co-worker and learn alot from them. The hardest part of working at a hospital is when you lose a patient. But the best part is watching someone go from very sick and unable to for themselves to going home in great shape.
Pros
neat atmosphere
Cons
cna pay not to good
A warm place of employment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCJuly 28, 2012
Working in the pharmacy at SRMC was very family oriented. My co-workers were willing to lend a helping hand wherever one was needed, regardless, if it was their task or not. The overall environment was warm within itself. Although working in the pharmacy sometimes meant being confined to four walls and four windows with bars, I was still able to communicate with patients,their family members, and still provide healthcare. I often escorted visitors to their destination and conversated with them about any and everything. The most enjoyable part of my job, was going into the patient's room to monitor their IV fluid, and they be awake, oriented and alert. They would be able to tell me about what show was on TV or what holiday it was. I would leave each room, by asking them was there anything else I could do before I departed, and with their response gave me comfort in knowing they were ok.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
if census were low, employees were either sent home or told to stay home

Sampson Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location