Sampson Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

I love my job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCJune 26, 2017
Dietary was the title of my job... I go in there 5am in the morning and I cook breakfast fir the front line and I also ran cash register and took care of the front.
I stick and put out new stocks.
Productive place to work, great group of doctors
Unit Secretary, Medical Secretaries (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCJune 13, 2017
I start out with my usual tasks. My to do list, checking my calendar for the day, making sure appointments,tests, etc are made. Charts and fax machine, printers are stocked with paper, cleaning up my area before i get started.
typical day
Housekeeping department (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCApril 20, 2017
I did housekeeping on certain floors that was assigned to me that required when patients was released to go home and bathroom and trash in patients rooms that were still there
Pros
friendly work place
Cons
working the night shift
Emergency Outpatient Inpatient Registration
Relieved the Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCJanuary 11, 2017
I absolutely Love the Job and the people I worked, with that said there were some challenging job, but with a lot of training a patience i was able to Love what i did, but because of raising a small child i was unable to stay.
Pros
Loved the Job
March 14, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your SampsonRMC employment experience on Indeed.com. We value and monitor feedback because it gives us a good perspective of our employment and orientation processes.

Dietary
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCJanuary 11, 2017
This department is one of the worst departments to work in the hospital management is beyond horrible the department is unorganized training is horrible for anyone just starting there your bouncing position to position without any proper training this department loses employees every other week it seems when I say management is horrible I mean it if your looking for a position in food service this is not the place for you there is no room at all for growth at this job is literally a waste of time and the cooks are disgusting i wouldn't let my dog eat here if it was sick this place needs to be investigated
Pros
Cons
Management is horrible
March 14, 2017

Thank you for sharing your employment experience on indeed.com. We value and monitor feedback because it gives us a good perspective as we improve our employment process and orientation. Our Food and Nutrition Service department's current sanitation rating is 96 and has received the top survey score within the last three surveys. The Food and Nutrition Service department provides a standard orientation for all employees to be trained by an experienced staff member who also provides a cross training experience within the department. We aim to clearly and fairly communicate job expectations, provide adequate training and orientation, and hold all employees accountable to the standards and values of the organization. If your experience was not reflective of that, we encourage you to contact our HR Department to discuss more privately what we could have done better to retain you as a valued employee.

Productive and safe workplace
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCJanuary 8, 2017
Sampson Regional Medical Center is a clean hospital that treats all patients fairly and serve all patients to their best ability. The nurses are nice and the doctors are also.
March 14, 2017

Thank you for sharing your SampsonRMC experience on Indeed.com. We value and monitor feedback because it gives us a good perspective of our facility and reflection of our Mission and Values.

Good guys to work with and good training.
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCDecember 20, 2016
Great place to work and a great group of coworkers to work with and as a team. Good projects to learn from and a lot of different aspects of the networking world.
Pros
Super people to learn from and laid back atmosphere.
Cons
A lot of cut backs and feeling worried about the budgets.
Management unconcerned about employees
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Main.May 3, 2016
Management more concerned about bottom dollar. Outdated equipment, expected keep it running without training. Requests overtime, miminal pay. Everyone unhappy EXCEPT management as long as they make themselves look good to Administration & Board with BS. They dump on the Staff and tell Staff make it work it's the best we have. The people who really try and care get burned out and quit. The management speak disrespectful of those who quit really cared about their work.
Pros
Cons
Overall not a place to be recommended to work
Stressful
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCJanuary 15, 2016
12 Hour shift and we were only given a 30 min break, my employers were bias and unreasonable, they did not listen when I tried to tell them of way that would improve the working conditions of the company
Fun place to work the people were very friendly
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCJanuary 13, 2016
Really enjoyed the job meeting different people,fixing different foods in a variety of different ways it was also fun learning the different diets and special foods that the patients had to eat to stay healthy during there stay in the hospital just an overall nice job and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Free lunches gifts at christmas time
Cons
Some times had to work short staffed.
Great for learning a broad range of care and patients.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work as a cna. Teamwork is a must have. Communication could be better. Good at working around your current schedule needs.
Pros
great co workers
low pay never appreciated
us (Current Employee) –  ?October 9, 2015
Low pay and never appreciated by the management, expected to do two jobs for one pay. Raises are horrible. No room for advancement anymore.
Pros
low pay
Great teamwork
Registered Nurse- Medical Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 24, 2015
Great teamwork. I enjoy my time on the medical-surgical floor and my peers! Small town hospital with excellent people!
Overall good place to work. Is like most rural hospitalist rural program. Difficult to attract caring doctors.
Healthcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 5, 2015
Typical hospitalist work. ER is not the best. Patients are very nice and a pleasure to care for Enjoyed interacting with nurses and patients.
Pros
patients and nurses
Cons
administation
I did training, intubation, ventilator,blood gas management, scheduling, evaluations
Evening Supervisor (Former Employee) –  clinton, nc 28328July 18, 2015
I was the evening supervisor for the cardiopulmonary department. I did scheduling, evaluations, training for the staff. Disability PFT's and echocardiograms. I took call every third weekend for intubations and ventilated transports.
Could be a great place to work but upper management not nice at all.
receptionist (Former Employee) –  ClintonJune 10, 2015
This company is not a good company to work with as far as money is concerned because they want to pay you as little as possible. If you are a brown nose worker you fit in but if not you suffer by having loads of work costantly piled on you so you cant keep up and then your told you cant do your job and you either have to quit or be terminated. If you quit you stand a chance of being hired back at a later time if not you will not be allowed to work with any one associated with the hospital. The upper management really only consist of two people whom have been wrongly treating employees. It takes forever to get sny kind of decent raise here.
Pros
you do have a few good co-workers
Cons
some co-workers are back stabbers and brown nose all the time, upper management needs to be gotten rid of
low pay rate for Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCMay 11, 2015
Srmc starts all aides out with the same pay no matter the years of experience. Their is very little chance for advancement or raises. The medical insurance is good and the healthy living program is great.
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCMay 8, 2015
My typical day at work mainly consisted of being on the phone with Medicare and Medicaid. I learned from management that there is always room for improvement, but when one does their best they have accomplished so much. The hardest thing about my job was not being able to see new faces much , or working with the public. I was in a small cubical and most of my relationships were built over the phone with insurance representatives.
Job that provides opportunities to grow with company
Financial Counselor/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCNovember 20, 2014
Working a Sampson Regional was pretty enjoyable. Of course, with any job there are changes and sometimes the changes may not be something that everyone agreed with, but overall, it was what was best for the company. I enjoyed working with the patients and with my coworkers.
Pros
Being able to work with people
Cons
Not always feeling apprecited
Unprofessionalism
CNA (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCNovember 15, 2014
The "high" up people do not care about you. 85% of people hate it here. I'm looking for a new job everyday along with many other Nurses and CNAs. Census is so slow. Barely any PNA, CHF, COPD, or flu pts are coming in and its mid Nov. I'm PRN and I was called out of work 3 weekends in a row and no one cared that I didn't have any money to live. I would never come here if I was sick or bring a family member or child here either. I would never work here as a LPN or RN. You can rarely believe anyone if they say they gave a pt a bath or brushed their teeth, because the toothbrush wrapper will be unopened and the pts who are in their right mind will tell you that they didn't get a bath : / There has been numerous times where I have walked by an empty room and a pt was in there and no one told me I had an admission. There is also a lot of gossip and 2faced people. The Nurses and CNAs have too much of a workload and ED likes to wait until 15 minutes prior to shift change before admitting a pt onto the floor. SRMC has just made me burned out by healthcare. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work here. There are a few of some Nurses and CNAs that are great people. SRMC is not what it use to be. 85% of its workers are honestly miserable. So many great RNs have left already. I honestly thought I liked it when I first started here, but within 5 months, that quickly changed.
Pros
It pays the bills : /
Cons
Unprofessional, no encouragement, no communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sampson Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Sampson Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location