SAMSON RESOURCES

SAMSON RESOURCES United States Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Safety & Environmental Dept.
Admin Assistant for EHS (Former Employee), Tulsa OklahomaApril 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible Work Hours
Cons: Limited Resources
The opportunity for learning are unlimited. Very fast paced environment. I was able to work with and support teams all over the country. The hardest part of the job was time constraints and limited resources to do a quality job.
The coworkers were a joy to work with and very hard working people.
Sr Records Manager
Senior Records Clerk (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 30, 2015
Worked for them for 11 years, I loved the work I did and the people I worked with. Would like to stay in the field of Oil and Gas.
Good company to work at good benefits.
Technical Applications Support Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, good coworkers.
Cons: Off hours to work to update servers but it's the norm in IT.
Overall a good company with good benefits. Like any other other company all have their pros and cons. I had a good working relationship with my coworkers and able to get along with everybody.
Wellsite Leader / Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee), Oklahoma , TexasFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: 14/14
Cons: downturn in market
I really enjoyed working for Samson Resources. I learned a lot while with Samson and enjoyed help putting together an awesome drilling team.
Well managed opertions group.
Contract Field Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2014
Pros: number one operator for drilling opts in mid cont.
Cons: poor people managment, high turnover in field personnel.
Reviewing daily drilling reports.
Contact each rig to review last 24 hrs operations and upcoming
24hr operations.
Physically travel to each rig drilling in the Mid Con fleet.
Good team of consultants
Monitoring inexperienced personnel.
Being successful was most satisfying
Work-driven, great insurance
Anonymous (Current Employee), JIAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: insurance-
JIA(joint interest accounting) work driven is a nice way to say-mandatory overtime. If my friend said she had been hired, I would advise her to go elsewhere. This company is run like the government, Wasteful, inefficient and convoluted. Procedures are 100 steps when they should be 3. The term bully' has been used for Supervisors and Managers. But if you like to stay busy and need great insurance....this is the place for you. Co-workers are nice, however stressed due to work expectations.
Run, don't stop
Accounting (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 28, 2014
If you want to work lots of hours, have management yell at you, see people crying, see the look in people's eyes... "if I could leave, I would".... then accounting at Samson is the place for you! They advertise a great work life balance but in reality don't practice it.
Skilled staff and an inviting environment.
HR Temp (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 6, 2013
While the HR group at Samson is incredibly hardworking, there is a sense of friendship and hospitality all throughout the department as well. Each and every member of the team made me feel like I belonged, all the while pushing a mean work force. This is definitely a high-functioning workplace.
Established company with excellent benefits for employees
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: on site gym, benefits
Cons: difficult in being promoted if not college degreed
Samson is a company that offers great benefits for it's employees, including a on site gym. Work is pretty steady, and fast paced at times. Co-workers seem to get along well within their direct departments. A college degree is stressed, and encouraged for significant promotion.
Wonderful Company under original owner
Land Tech (Former Employee), Midland, TXDecember 26, 2012
Great place to work. Friendly people. Now owned by a group KKR, not the same as working for previous owner.
Very Good company with excellent benefits
Accounting Assistant - Cash Receipts (Current Employee), Tulsa, OkNovember 6, 2012
Pros: benefits, on site gym, flexible hours
Cons: very work oriented, and most positions require a college degree
Samson Resources is a very good company, and they provide excellent benefits. My position requires mostly data entry. I've been exposed the the production side of Oil & Gas and I'm now learning the cash receipts process. Management focuses on the department operations mainly. My co-workers are very driven work wise, and are pretty focused on their job duties. My hardest part of my job is that i'm only doing data entry, and i would like to move into more detailed work and expand my knowledge.
Greatest place I ever worked regret leaving everyday
Construction Foreman (Former Employee), Bossier City, LASeptember 5, 2012
Pros: great work environment
I was part of the Contour& Kelly and Dominion south Arkansas purchases. I decided to stay in Arkansas instead of taking a transfer with company. If the opportunity were to ever come available I would jump love to go back to work for them. I now live in Fort Worth TX.
completions
Supervisor/Consultant in North Dakota (Former Employee), crosby, North DakotaJune 27, 2012
Pros: well control and safety school certs.
Cons: my life time time oilfield
38 yrs in oilfield completions and workovers, have worked for samson once on a drill out cleaning out frac plugs and turn well over to production,had no upcoming work and was laid off