SAMSON RESOURCES Employee Reviews in United States

Encourages Autonomy and encourages new solutions to everyday problems
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2016
I worked on new problems often I was asked to create a failure tracking system that saved the company about $50,000 per month. This new tool came from my analyst background and used a proactive method for solving failures for rod pump wells. It was a fun and challenging problem to take on.
Excellent place to work when industry is thriving
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 30, 2016
When Oil and Gas Industry was thriving this was an excellent place to work.
Typical day I worked with employees managing and helping them with their various cellular devices. Ranging from iPhone/iPad to computers, servers and machine to machine devices.
I worked with carriers for proper plans on each device, managing over 1300 cellular lines of service.
Reviewed monthly invoices for proper charges.
Pros
Excellent Bennefits, work enviroment
Cons
Layoffs
Great place to work, bad financial decisions
Supervisor, Network and Data Communications (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74103March 15, 2016
Great place to work but company was highly leveraged by management and was very sensitive to commodity pricing and the oil and gas market in general. My co-workers were awesome. Too bad this company had to file for bankruptcy or I would probably still be working there. Just bad times in the Oil market but a great company to work for. Personally, I hope they recover and hire me back. The hardest part of the job was living in the no money to do anything environment and being forced to "coast" instead of advancing forward.
Great company with ambitious staff
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 25, 2016
Samson Resources is an ambitious and fun company to work for. The employees cultivate a very friendly and supportive environment in which teamwork is valued most. The Finance Department operates with a team mentality that makes complex projects both exciting and engaging.

What I like most about this company is that although teamwork is so highly valued individual achievements and performances are rewarded and acknowledged. This creates an environment that encourages employees to learn and become proactive about growing their knowledge and contributions to the team.
Relaxed, engaging corporate culture
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2016
The main responsibilities of a Joint Interest Staff Accountant is to review and post journal entries for accounts payable. I was also assigned specific general ledger accounts and month end closing reports.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Bankruptcy
Great People
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 16, 2016
I worked with great people at Samson Resources. Working a flex schedule was great. I was able to leave work at 12 on Fridays!
Pros
group lunches and flex hours
Cons
job security
Excellent place to work
Corrosion Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 31, 2016
Except because of the leveraged buyout in 2012 by KKR, coupled with the low commodity prices, they are in bankruptcy. Otherwise, was an excellent company.
Great place
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2016
Awesome place, highly recommend everyone to apply, if you don't apply you are missing the biggest opportunity of your life, do yourself a favor , apply now
Good Company to work for
Revenue Accountant/Owner Relations (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 3, 2015
Learned a lot about the Oil & Gas field.
Worked along side many knowledgeable individuals.
A normal day would consist of speaking with royalty owners and other E & P companies throughout the country.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay
Cons
The current state of the Oil and Gas industry
High paced
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Managing 40+ field personnel in all aspects of daily oil and gas operations
Coordinate operations with drilling and completion operations
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 11, 2015
Maintained accounting records by making copies, filing and keying invoices. It was a great place to work, everyone was friendly and management was easy to get along with.
Gained valuable knowlege from friendly staff
EHS Specialist - EHS Field Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 7, 2015
This really was a good place to work for. Unfortunately things ended prematurely due to the downturn in the oilfield and I was laid off. However I have no bad things to say, my time there was very good overall.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Accountant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 19, 2015
It was a very relaxed and flexible environment with great employees. The management team was very understanding and took care of their employees.
Great place to work in its hay day.
Sr. Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 15, 2015
Great pay and benefits, great bosses, great people to work with! Couldn't have asked for a better company to work for, until I was caught up in the lay offs... Now I'm left with the daunting task of finding another job with the same great qualities. Just Google "Samson Resources" and you'll see the financial problems the company has struggled with and is still facing.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits; Bosses and co-workers
Cons
Company failing due to poor economy and high purchase price
Fast Paced Safety & Environmental Dept.
Admin Assistant for EHS (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaApril 7, 2015
The opportunity for learning are unlimited. Very fast paced environment. I was able to work with and support teams all over the country. The hardest part of the job was time constraints and limited resources to do a quality job.
The coworkers were a joy to work with and very hard working people.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Limited Resources
Good company to work at good benefits.
Technical Applications Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2015
Overall a good company with good benefits. Like any other other company all have their pros and cons. I had a good working relationship with my coworkers and able to get along with everybody.
Pros
Good benefits, good coworkers.
Cons
Off hours to work to update servers but it's the norm in IT.
Well managed opertions group.
Contract Field Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2014
Reviewing daily drilling reports.
Contact each rig to review last 24 hrs operations and upcoming
24hr operations.
Physically travel to each rig drilling in the Mid Con fleet.
Good team of consultants
Monitoring inexperienced personnel.
Being successful was most satisfying
Pros
number one operator for drilling opts in mid cont.
Cons
poor people managment, high turnover in field personnel.
Work-driven, great insurance
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  JIAJuly 18, 2014
JIA(joint interest accounting) work driven is a nice way to say-mandatory overtime. If my friend said she had been hired, I would advise her to go elsewhere. This company is run like the government, Wasteful, inefficient and convoluted. Procedures are 100 steps when they should be 3. The term bully' has been used for Supervisors and Managers. But if you like to stay busy and need great insurance....this is the place for you. Co-workers are nice, however stressed due to work expectations.
Pros
insurance-
Good place to work for work/life balance, people don't know how to work together though
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 21, 2015
The work/life balance and benefits are excellent, however some departments are made up of people that have no business working there. They don't know how to work as a team, you would think you were competing with each other as if in a Hunger Games movie. It is cringe worthy having to deal with most managers. They have allowed bureaucratic culture and processes to fester and it offsets any meaningful efficiencies created in other areas. There are some people that have been brought in to fix these issues but it isn't enough. The executives pad their pockets with millions of dollars with absolutely no accountability while holding everyone else to different and higher standards which has manifested itself into their bottom line. This may be a great company someday, but without new leadership that holds themselves to the same standards they hold others to nothing will change.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, onsite gym, excellent benefits
Cons
No team atmosphere, difficult people to work with, bureaucratic, unstable
Very Good company with excellent benefits
Accounting Assistant - Cash Receipts (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OkNovember 6, 2012
Samson Resources is a very good company, and they provide excellent benefits. My position requires mostly data entry. I've been exposed the the production side of Oil & Gas and I'm now learning the cash receipts process. Management focuses on the department operations mainly. My co-workers are very driven work wise, and are pretty focused on their job duties. My hardest part of my job is that i'm only doing data entry, and i would like to move into more detailed work and expand my knowledge.
Pros
benefits, on site gym, flexible hours
Cons
very work oriented, and most positions require a college degree

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAMSON RESOURCES. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5