Samsonite Employee Reviews in United States

A positive environment to work in.
IT Security Audit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMarch 10, 2016
A positive work environment that promotes internally and rewards hard work and dedication. Great human resources team that fill the year with fun events.
Great job to start out with
Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2016
Environment is okay,only a job for someone starting out or in need of a job. Management is alright, What you learn is up to you, the hardest part of the job i would say main shipping, can get stressful trying to full-fill orders.
Pros
Managers are not all over your back
Cons
advancement, no benifits
Good Work Environment; low-stress
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Work is repetitive but enjoyable. Teamwork is good. Management is good as they balance well between letting you work comfortably and correcting only when necessary. Coworkers are good. No complaint at all from working with them. It seems there are quarterly events and/or activities for team-building that can be enjoyable. One time there were free massages for some employees.
Pros
Generous company to employees
Cons
repetitive
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAOctober 5, 2015
Good Sales, thought too small. Did not have trained personal to leave in the store alone. Theses were small stores in strip malls and never had much bacl sock.Other stores traded stock back and forth hard for shrinkage,
Pros
good clean fair stores
Cons
left alove for days to run it
Amazing Environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAAugust 28, 2015
Great People to work/Great Environment/ Everyone is focused in doing their daily task. Amazing discount. Management is excellent.
good place to work
Accounts Payable Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAAugust 27, 2015
Processed invoices and expense reports. Doing the foreign wires and check run. Very nice people to work with. I learned about the luggage we manufactured.
n/a
Supervisor/Key holder (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 11, 2015
great benefits. working with customers. Great company. easy and flexible schedule. great hours. professional. fun work place with supportive management
Easy and fun, but management needs a little help
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waikele, HIJuly 28, 2015
Samsonite provides a fun family sense work environment. The customer base are very friendly even though some may not speak english. The hardest part of the job is heavy lifting during shipment and the most enjoyable is definately your co-workers. The only problem I've found with Samsonite is that some managers are behind the times and refuse change.
Pros
Benefits and consistent hours
Cons
I enjoy the people i work with
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 31, 2015
Good people I work with keep the day going, while all the time we get the job done. The work is not hard its a good place to work,
Great flexible place to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 28, 2015
This was a great company to work for. Very flexible in schedules and days off. I enjoyed the conversations and friendships with international customers mostly. The diversity in customers was one of a kind.
Pros
Flexible schedules.
Cons
Pay raises were low.
well established company, good company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  commerceApril 21, 2015
Well established company was helpful to establish management knowledge. Good benefits and great retirement plan, learned registers and bank deposits.
Pros
bonus
Cons
na
Frustrating
Full Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 20, 2015
The company is not very smart. They do not pay their employees on payday and it is very frustrating. The company is upside down, sets goals too high to achieve. I love my coworkers they are amazing.
Pros
Employee discounts and bonuses.
Cons
The language barrier between the customer and the worker.
Quiet and simple
2nd Key/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 9, 2015
Most of my days consist of selling luggage and travel accessories to a diversity of cultures. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job position is the waiting for customers to enter the store.
Interesting Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonille, FlApril 6, 2015
Hours begin at 8 am and usually end at 5 pm.
Lunch ranges from 30-60 minutes
Demanding customers and sales representatives.
Good work environment.
great company
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2015
great work enviroment with good people and magement that provides all the tools needed for a great workplace so the customers can be helped
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good heathcare
Fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work was really fun. I got to meet people from all over the world and learn new things about each one of my customers. I was also able to sell them a product that was durable and will last a long time. I made sure my customers walked out of there with an everlasting memory. Not only do they walk out with a smile., it also help me to meet my week goals. My co-workers were very outgoing, fun, and energetic and I love working with them in that type of environment. Work never felt like work because we enjoyed it. The hardest part about the job was i couldn't juggle my hours right. I am a full time mom, I was a full time student, and I was a full time worker so sometimes working so much sort of made me start falling behind in school.
Pros
fun environment, fun people, learn new things.
Cons
long hours and many days
warehouse
Forklift Operator (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2015
AT Samsonite continues to leverage these same core values of quality, craftsmanship, durability and supreme functionality to create unique solutions for the sophisticated traveler.
productive workplace
warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2014
It's a typical workplace. The work is productive and not to hard.
Productive and family oriented.
Account Management (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
I love working for Samsonite but it is very far from home so I find myself spending a lot of money on gas not to mention the commutes every morning so I would like to find an opportunity closer to home which is Middleburg/Orange Park.
Pros
great hours, great benefits and wonderful co-workers.
Cons
too far from my house, too much money in gas to come and go every day.
Slowwww
Assistant Manager/ Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSOctober 8, 2014
Slow
Management is great
Co -workers were nice
Not a hard job
Helping the people
Pros
great workplace
Cons
slow environmnent and no room for advancement

4.2