Samsonite

Samsonite United States Employee Reviews

Frustrating
Full Time Supervisor (Current Employee), Cabazon, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts and bonuses.
Cons: The language barrier between the customer and the worker.
The company is not very smart. They do not pay their employees on payday and it is very frustrating. The company is upside down, sets goals too high to achieve. I love my coworkers they are amazing.
Quiet and simple
2nd Key/Supervisor (Current Employee), Hanover, MDApril 9, 2015
Most of my days consist of selling luggage and travel accessories to a diversity of cultures. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job position is the waiting for customers to enter the store.
Interesting Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonille, FlApril 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
Hours begin at 8 am and usually end at 5 pm.
Lunch ranges from 30-60 minutes
Demanding customers and sales representatives.
Good work environment.
great company
Line Worker (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: good heathcare
great work enviroment with good people and magement that provides all the tools needed for a great workplace so the customers can be helped
Fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: fun environment, fun people, learn new things.
Cons: long hours and many days
A typical day at work was really fun. I got to meet people from all over the world and learn new things about each one of my customers. I was also able to sell them a product that was durable and will last a long time. I made sure my customers walked out of there with an everlasting memory. Not only do they walk out with a smile., it also help me to meet my week goals. My co-workers were very outgoing, fun, and energetic and I love working with them in that type of environment. Work never felt like work because we enjoyed it. The hardest part about the job was i couldn't juggle my hours right. I am a full time mom, I was a full time student, and I was a full time worker so sometimes working so much sort of made me start falling behind in school.
warehouse
Forklift Operator (Temporary) (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2015
AT Samsonite continues to leverage these same core values of quality, craftsmanship, durability and supreme functionality to create unique solutions for the sophisticated traveler.
productive workplace
warehouse worker (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2014
It's a typical workplace. The work is productive and not to hard.
Productive and family oriented.
Account Management (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great hours, great benefits and wonderful co-workers.
Cons: too far from my house, too much money in gas to come and go every day.
I love working for Samsonite but it is very far from home so I find myself spending a lot of money on gas not to mention the commutes every morning so I would like to find an opportunity closer to home which is Middleburg/Orange Park.
Slowwww
Assistant Manager/ Manager Retail (Current Employee), Pearl, MSOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great workplace
Cons: slow environmnent and no room for advancement
Slow
Management is great
Co -workers were nice
Not a hard job
Helping the people
Efficient Working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cabazon, CASeptember 24, 2014
This is high volume retail store, with a base clientele of Chinese tourists. Ive learned enough Mandarin to help meet the needs of the customers and provide an inviting, comfortable shopping experience. I've also learned the patience that it takes in order ot overcome language and cultural barriers. My co-workers are a good focus bunch of people who keep up with the fast-paced demands that are required in a high volume store. The hardest part of my job is effectively communicating with patrons who know very little and in some cases no English. The most enjoyable part of my job is being tasked with anything and completing it in a full and efficient manner. I'm a goal oriented person and knowing my job is 100% done is a reward for myself.
Outlet mall
Store Manager (Former Employee), seaside OrAugust 22, 2014
Nice placeto work was in seaside oregon alot of fun stuff to do there, close to portland
Productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GaJune 12, 2014
Pros: customer service, not long hours
Cons: not busy
This was a temporary position with about 6-12 hours weekly.
Management was very helpful and attentive to any needs or concerns. With working about 3 hours daily there really was nothing hard about this job, simply i just wasn't there for long hours very enjoyable experience i learned a lot about Samsonite culture and luggage in general.
Solid company, just not alot of room for advancement
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZApril 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no room for advancement
Great company, it just was not going places. Eventually had to leave, but really enjoyed those I worked with and the flexability in hours etc.
N/A
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAMarch 13, 2014
At this time I can not talk about working for this company. I did work 45+hrs and managed up to 12 employees.
warehouse worker
Team Lead Order Picker (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 21, 2014
leading a group of well trained order pickers, work on being a better lead
warehouse worker
Team Lead Order Picker (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2014
self-motivated hardworking work well alone and with others meeting tight deadlines and try to learn more than enough about my job
Work hard, play hard
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 26, 2013
Pros: team building events, early release before holidays, jeans ok all week even in front offices
Cons: be ready to work hard
Samsonite is open to finding ways to improve their company. The old adage of "we've always done it this way" is not what they want to hear. If there is a better way of doing a process, they are open to changing that process.

All the team, including upper management, is interested in work with the employees to find the right fit for each person, and handles employees on a case by case basis.
Samsonite was an AWSOME experience overall
sales associate/ supervisor (Former Employee), Camarillo, CANovember 15, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
My typical day working in Samsonite was Opening up, Prepping the cash register and positioning myself so when the first customer came in, I was able to work with them one on one. Working for this company helped me how to learn to sell product. For example demonstrating its weight, describing material, its strength, quality, and different sizes. From High in Spinner luggage to low priced upright regular luggage, Samsonite became my stepping stool in the start of my selling ability. The management in Samsonite the time was Awesome. The assistant manager was always there.Working with us one on one, helping us when we made a mistake in the cash register, she was literally always there serving us as a true leader. The hardest part of working in Samsonite was when I first became a supervisor. My first week in opening was hard. I didn't know how to do it at first, it took me awhile to learn. The most enjoyable was when e got customers from different parts of the world. it was such a JOY! to hear, and learn of different cultures and languages.
a very nice work place
Supervisor (Current Employee), Camarillo, CANovember 5, 2013
A typical work day is managing the look of the store, helping customers in any way possible. I know how to handle money, open and close the register, doing returns and exchanges. Overall it is a good job
Great Company
3rd Key Supervisor/Interim Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2013
Pros: great management, excellent training
Cons: long days
While I only worked with Samsonite for a short time since it was a temporary location, I can honestly say it was the best company I have ever worked for. The DM was incredibly nice and helpful. Every day that I had to work, I got up with ease and excitement. Although I did work a lot towards the closing, it did not deter me from going into work. This is honestly a great company to work for!