Samsonite Employee Reviews

Not a very good place to work
SAP Master Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Samsonite was very cut-throat as everyone was trying to get the same position and the only way to do that is to hurt someone else' chances. The management were intimidating and sneaky.
Pros
I got cheap luggage.
Cons
Terrible stressful work environment
Good job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 18, 2017
Nice place to work. Good company. Flexible. Understanding. The managers are great at this company. They work with you and help you understand the product. It’s a nice place to work. Great customers.
Samsonite is a very friendly environment. The company does a great deal of things to honor it's employees.
Sr. Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MADecember 15, 2017
Co-workers are generally friendly and helpful. The company as a whole makes you feel appreciated. Management are helpful, trusting and understanding.
Samsonite
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 28, 2017
It was okay. Hours were a grab bag. Culture was interesting, they're trying to monopolize the luggage industry, and are slowly closing down smaller luggage lines.
Uninteresting
Assistant Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 20, 2017
The pay is lousy. Very uninteresting product. Questionable corporate management. Can be very slow. Bonus sysrtem was iffy. Might not get it every month and sometimes very low. Typical cheap retail company.
Great job, but too small of a company to move up
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAMay 23, 2017
I worked at Samsonite for over a year, and although the Manager and team were great and the company management listened, the store was small and therefore there was no room to grow within the company. Hours were cut while I was working there which meant I went from 3 days a week to 1 day a week. I had to leave to find a job with more stable hours. I expected part time to at least reach 20 hours a week. I felt bad for the people who remained there who are still losing hours even though they had worked in management as full time before. It feels somewhat of a demotion considering that they are understaffed and have problems with theft. The shipment orders were also very disorganized which meant stocking a tiny 10x10 office/storage room with over 200 pieces of luggage which was a feat in itself.
Samsonite
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2017
Great place nice people. It's hot and a long way to get to your work place.And break are horrible. The pay as well for dealing with the heat.. Samsonite
doing customer service and helping customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 18, 2017
Typical day at work would be doing customer service by answering phones and helping customers. Complying with my boss's orders and never arguing. I am energetic and hardworking. I am always on time to my job.
Great Work Place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2017
Working at samsonite was a great place to work. I learned that they are not just solely based on luggage. I learned that they have many different vendors that sell their product. I wish it wasn't a temporary position because I would've continued to work for the company.
I like working there
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 31, 2017
I was a company that I really like working there the people was nice there was a lot of work I worked in different areas sticking packing and forklift
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short brake
N/a
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 30, 2017
A day in a life at samsonite consists of selling luggage and doing paper work my manager is just not a good person so im looking for a new opportunity.
Cons
we dont get breaks only one person works at a time
Okay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 14, 2017
I enjoy being around customers but selling is not my thing. Plus I like my Monday through Friday 1st shift hours. I cannot work 2nd shift because I have a child at home who needs me around at night.
An okay job, but not the greatest.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 11, 2016
If you're looking for something to start your retail career, Samsonite is not a bad company. However, I do not think they are looking to advance anyone in any fields so whatever position you are in, expect to stay there. Coming from 2 years of working with this company!
Productive and Laid back
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 7, 2016
Great company to work for at an entry-level retail management level.
Quality products, great atmosphere to work in.
Coworkers are competent and it is not commission based.
Management is flexible and understanding of personal life/work balance.
Pros
Laid back, flexible
Cons
Next to ZERO opportunity for advancement
productive and comftable work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDMay 20, 2016
we have our busy days and we also have our slow days
we get people from all over the country. My coworkers are great to work with everybody get along and work well with each other. The hardest part about the job we get shipment every week up too 100 boxes or more the most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet different people from different country's.
Pros
were in the mall diffrent type of eating areas
Cons
short breaks
A positive environment to work in.
IT Security Audit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMarch 10, 2016
A positive work environment that promotes internally and rewards hard work and dedication. Great human resources team that fill the year with fun events.
Great job to start out with
Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2016
Environment is okay,only a job for someone starting out or in need of a job. Management is alright, What you learn is up to you, the hardest part of the job i would say main shipping, can get stressful trying to full-fill orders.
Pros
Managers are not all over your back
Cons
advancement, no benifits
Good Work Environment; low-stress
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Work is repetitive but enjoyable. Teamwork is good. Management is good as they balance well between letting you work comfortably and correcting only when necessary. Coworkers are good. No complaint at all from working with them. It seems there are quarterly events and/or activities for team-building that can be enjoyable. One time there were free massages for some employees.
Pros
Generous company to employees
Cons
repetitive
Great Workplace
Planning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2015
As soon as you walk through the door you feel like you're part of the team. Managers are great and are always there when you need them.
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAOctober 5, 2015
Good Sales, thought too small. Did not have trained personal to leave in the store alone. Theses were small stores in strip malls and never had much bacl sock.Other stores traded stock back and forth hard for shrinkage,
Pros
good clean fair stores
Cons
left alove for days to run it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samsonite. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2