Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

Great work but poor pay and management.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCJanuary 17, 2018
The actual job and work related is enjoyable and the collaboration with other employees is great. However, paid compensation is quite low for the amount of training and skill required for the job. Management fails to notify employees of important assignments or even scheduling until the last minute.

Was quickly relocated despite the intention never being mentioned in the interviewing or hiring process, and am now being relocated for the second time in three months.
good company to work but, consider the career after engineer staff
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kyunggi, KoreaJanuary 17, 2018
Big company and, has lots of design & R&D resources.
Sometimes, too competitive between the groups to cooperate each other. The leader of the group can be replaced based on the performance and, it's not a good way.
Pros
lots of resources
Cons
too much work
Contract employment through Alorica
Inbound CS Representative (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Contract employment through Alorica, unable to give full disclosure on Samsung. The work environment was a call center with 200+ employees taking Inbound and making outbound calls
Pros
Contract emploment through Alorica
Cons
Contract emploment through Alorica
Too much red tape and no sense of innovation
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Working with multiple departments at Samsung, I can fairly say that the weakest link was the customer support team. Even internally, employees got ignored and given some can response. I felt really bad for the customers and watch fellow employees try to make a difference and help customers, but they company was more concerned about the bottom line and processing contacts instead of helping customers.
The upper management have their heads so far up their a** its sad and they talk down to the employees. Advancing in the company is almost impossible mostly because HQ doesn't want to promote anyone and if you are not Korean, you have even more of a hard time.
Pros
dogs at work
Cons
horrible management
Innovative but lacks clear goal
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 16, 2018
It was interesting to try out many things but developed product were not actually put to production. Company allowed explorations and much learning chances
Great place to work.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Had to leave for family reasons. Loved the entire atmosphere about Samsung. From benefits to training, Samsung takes care of their people no matter the experience level or time working.
Benefits
Cons
Only located in Austin
Mentor Program
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2018
As a new employee you will be paired with a mentor to get you familiar with all the necessary tools to get around in the company to make the learning curve easier.
Excellent Company
Fields Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 14, 2018
This is a great company to work for with room for advancements. This company also listens to all of their employees and value their feedback! Just an overall great culture within!
Project Management
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2018
My experience in the Project management department at Samsung Austin Semiconductor was very beneficial and positive. Although, from what I learned while working there, this department is very hard to get into. Other departments have a reputation of quick overturn due to the lack of a work/life balance. But I can't comment much on that.
Pros
Lunch discounts, gym on site
Start-up atmosphere
Manager, Business Development, Samsung SDS America (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Our group is filled with highly qualified personnel in all the areas of the business. It makes working very competitive yet efficient. Management is very seasoned.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Lack of HQ finanical support
Samsung company is my first work experience
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I came here United States 2014 when I’m came America Samsung company is my first work experience I like to Samsung company but they are payed less that’s why I’m looking another job and I’m I gat one repair instituted I was learned and I went Sms company first I’m did receive after I was moved repair
Cons
Productive and driven environment which also encouraged healthy eating and excercise.
Credit & Collections Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660January 10, 2018
I was able to arrive everyday and get right to work with limited supervision. I learned to be prepared, accurate and ready to assist anyone when needed. I understood and appreciated my Managers' styles; they had high expectations for their departments and were not overbearing. The workplace culture is a little different; it is a traditional Korean model and takes some getting used to for some folks. It was made very clear to me what I would be doing so there were no surprises. The hardest part of my position was having to leave. I loved working in the Credit & Collections department. I truly enjoyed all the aspects of my position with Samsung; I was very lucky. I have rarely been treated as well anyplace else.

I was in a unique position as a temporary employee. I would be hired for a specific amount of time and would have to be laid off for a short while. I was brought back when the layoff was over and would pick right back up again. There are many benefits full-time employees get which were not available to me some of which are as follows below.
Pros
Cafeteria, gym, covered parking, kitchenettes and vending machines, training.
Cons
I would have to leave for a month at the end of my contract.
Fun workplace with lots of leasure activities
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaJanuary 10, 2018
Samsung helped me develop. People are great here. The most amazing thing was the music room where I could play any musical instrument. A good work life balance.
Excellent Global Leading Company for IT, CE and Semiconductor
Director (IT& Mobile Communications Div) (Former Employee) –  Korea H.QJanuary 9, 2018
I worked in IT & Mobile communications area in Kreaa H.Q as well as a subsidiary in America.
All employees are skillful and professional in their field.
I thought the company is the best of best to lead new technologies
Pros
Attractive Salary
Cons
Competitive
Fast production line
Cellphone Repair (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Fast production line, and this is a Korean factory, which has a lot of Asians. I like the working environment there, but I need quit because I had too much homework of school.
keep looking
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  SamsungJanuary 5, 2018
Keep looking. This job was great when I first started. It has evolved into a job I am not comfortable referring to friends. Work life balance has a tendency to get off, and the pay is $20,000 plus less then current Field Sales Managers in my area.
Great Company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2018
it is a great company to work for, great pay but several people had a lot of management issues that HR never addressed or took care of. The company is a great company other than the management issue. Was promoted quickly
not enough hours, benefits, advancement.
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 4, 2018
working with great individuals. But the company does not pay fairly, there is no company culture. Their is no insurance covering health, vision, dental.
Cons
pay, advancement, short lunches, bosses, short contract
its a good place to learn different skills
Return Clerk - shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAJanuary 2, 2018
wen i started working at samsung i started to work in the doc using elctrci pallet jack and building pallets i also learned how to work with computer and putting data into to sap and loading picture of the damaged parts i learned how to used all type of pallet jack how to used exel, outlook ,sap
Pros
free ticket luche
Cons
no benefit
Friendly but keep to yourself
Paralegal - Compliance Dept (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJJanuary 2, 2018
Korean based culture, friendly employees but no time for chatting, cameras watching entire work area. You had to "watch" who you spoke to, needed to go through chain of command.
Once you got that down, it was easy.
Pros
clean, safe environment
Cons
unsure of benefits, room for advancement limited

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samsung Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.