Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

Found 1,083 reviews matching the search
Great Experience
Manufacture operator- Photo Reticle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2017
You go in at 6:15am work in a fab almost all day, 30min lunch and off at 7:15pm
I enjoyed the fast paced physical work, the responsibility of monitoring million dollar machines and product
Pros
fun working environment
relaxed enviornment
csr,, Research, Logistics (Current Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 21, 2017
great experience, would go back it was only a temporary position, Learned a variety of different skills. Fourtante enough to have had the experience ,,
safety,& productive company
"Production Operator" (Current Employee) –  BLK 5 CPIP, Brgy Batino,Calamba,LagunaSeptember 21, 2017
-I start a day by meeting & endorsement..
-I learned how to manage time,how to be safe..
-i dont like people who is unfair,,they making gossip of you..and they never appreciate your doings..
-It was nice workplace, i can still making friends even im busy.
-the hardest part is when my machine is in troubled.
-enjoyable part,,maybe..when they give us,,Family day..Team building,& every christmas party...
Pros
free rice
Cons
shortbreaks
Daily Work
Mobile QA (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 19, 2017
Work in the beginning seemed fast and really needed every person who worked there, after product release nearly half the people were already gone or still leaving.
Pros
Food is 50% off, co-workers friendly
Cons
Management needed some work, didn't know how to manage correctly.
Very professional environment.
Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 12, 2017
One of the top pluses is that you are surrounded with some of the top professionals in the industry and also the ability to work on some of the most innovative technologies in the world. Samsung is a big company and there is big potential in growth and when your contract ends, management easily can refer you to a different project if you know what your'e doing. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Very fast paced.
Intersing and Busy
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2017
Actually, I have never worked there. I just realized that I needed to fill this evaluation before proceeding. but I am fairly positive about Samsung. I will be happy to work there.
Samsung
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 11, 2017
Working there, I was a manager so I was responsible for creating schedules and making sure the customers are happy. I was responsible for inspection of the store and inventory.
Ambiente divertido, Presion de trabajo al maximo.
Supervisor de Trade Marketing (Former Employee) –  Panamá, Centro America y rl Caribe.September 4, 2017
Respeto a las personas de un jefe a un subalterno.
Pros
Beneficio y Salario.
Cons
Presion muy intensa de trabajo hasta altas horas de la noche
Quick Paced
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 4, 2017
- Quick-paced environment. Would be good if they had a better job work/life balance.
- Permanent positions are rare, they prefer contract based positions which may or may not be renewed.
- A good environment to learn and build up your skill base.
Pros
One gets to learn a lot
Cons
Permanent positions are rare, they prefer temporary contracts which may or may not be up for renewal.
Great company, unique culture
Senior Financial Analyst/Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Great company, take times to understand the culture but very kind leadership with strong focus on long term goals. Genuinely cared about employees. Good pay
Pros
Good pay long term focus
Cons
Culture and movement to senior management
Productive and fun workspace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Groveland, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Great job very productive all the way around. Great benefits, training is through and efficient ! Fun workplace . Steady work pace, and management is great
Enjoy
Attraction and Ride Staff (Former Employee) –  InjeAugust 31, 2017
really enjoy that. operator controller can doing what they want to ride. and good benefit. really good food. but located in mountain so have to stay dormitory.
Ok Depending on the Department You're In
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCAugust 30, 2017
This isn't a bad company to work for. It really just depends on what department you're in. It's a call center environment so there is a lot of competition and it can be a bit too much.
Pros
It's not hard to advance.
Cons
There seems to be a lot of drama.
Exciting and fast paced business
Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 30, 2017
My typical day of work allowed me to interact with customers on an hourly basis. Always changing and able to find fixes for customers as needed. Hardest part of the job is not having in house fix it facilities.
Pros
Management always worked with you
Cons
Didn't have all the materials to fix
No one has job security
Alorica NHO Trainer (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCAugust 29, 2017
It is like having a girlfriend that always threatens to leave you if you do something as small as wearing the wrong color. Managment at alorica do not think past today and what is best for the company. When something happens they always react by terminating someone and then asking questions about their decision later. So if you are a person who deals with anxiety this is NOT the palce for you!
Pros
You are not on an assembly line.
Cons
Poor managment, Lack of Educated managment.
CRC Cleans Repairs Calibrations
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2017
Manpower does not care about you nor do the permanent SAS employee's. Basically lied to me the entire time just so they could hold me back and have me function only as grabbing B-Grades and making deliveries while others sat on their butts and filled out paper work.Received low scores on reviews for productivity due to the fact the way they measure your productivity is how many line items you have in your Excel pass down. Lead admin pulled me away fro months on end to work on his side projects and prevented me from focusing on critical training procedures.Notified Lead an others on C-Shift a delivery has just been made prior to going to lunch for about an hour then after returning for lunch on slow Saturday the delivery was still on the board and no one took care of it. If you give them your Heart and Soul and they will take rip out of your chest.
I came here to work and do my job and be treated with the same dignity and respect as a normal business should. Extremely unethical and unprofessional experience. Manpower staff unsupportive and expect to take review that does not accurate represent your performance. Upper level mangers will take notes acted concerned and sweep the problem under they rug no action taken. I would only work here if it were a last resort! The process I was put through feels pre meditated and has been going on for years. Avoid if at all possible.
Pros
Energy Drinks in the break fridge.
Cons
Managment, Leads, Someone has to look bad so someone else can look good.
productive place with two tables
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2017
A typical day working for Samsung is make sure you know about the products that you have on display and also the ones you do not have on display.. memorizing the specs and differences of each device.. I have learned many many things working for Samsung..
- how to expand storage
- how to transfer files
- how to factory reset a device
- how to troubleshoot on devices
- how to cross-sell and ask open ended questions
and many other things
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to work with other brands as well not just Samsung, meaning I learn about other brands like Apple, LG, Magnolia, Beats, Ect.
This job is really not hard you just gotta know your product...
Our management isn't that great.. hours are very limited.
Pros
free Samsung merchandise
Cons
no benefits for part-time employees
Focused on achieving goals at all costs
Purchasing Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Baja CaliforniaAugust 21, 2017
Excellent multicultural environment
Great teamwork
Good recognition system for staff
Many days leaving after 11 at night
Support of courses for improvement
Poor culture
Merchandising REP (Current Employee) –  Wildwood, FLAugust 21, 2017
Do not Work for this Company the culture is very stressful. Very poor communication from management. Poor Guidance and lack of training. They have you driving sometimes for 3 to 4 hours a day with alot of it very unneccasary.
Pros
flexibiity of scheule
Cons
lack of communication and poor guidance from management
Great part time job as a linguist
Spanish Voice Utterance QA Linguist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2017
Worked as a linguist for a new application of a Samsung product. Had great support and coaching from the Team supervisor. Timeline of project was a little tight, but the team came forward and beat the deadline.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
just part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samsung Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.