Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

Stressful with positions becoming limited.
Market Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VADecember 15, 2017
No communication from corporate regarding major changes. Eliminating jobs and adding more responsibility, management was amazing though. Would work there again under certain circumstances.
my opinin about samsung
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2017
It was on October 14th 2015,a very long working day.That time was the company 's incruse time.We worked for 12hous.I enjoyed particulary that day because I worked more hours ,but I also did several other tasks.I assembled,packed, labelled,scaned and conveyed to quality control.
N/a
Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 12, 2017
No comment it an ok company not much to talk about the company some people might like it some people don't it all how you go about the day or night and see if you like
Good pay, good benefits, but stressful environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2017
Big company, some department managers are good, others are not. They make it up with good pay, bonuses, and benefits which are great. The work environment is stressful and there can be bureaucracy.
Pros
Pay, benefits, bonuses
Cons
stressful
Fast Paced and Competitive
Engineer 2 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2017
A fun place to work, if you can manage to keep from stressing yourself out. Good people make it worthwhile to be an employee here. It was a great job out of college.
A good company to take a break
Senior Hardware Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 8, 2017
Study for yourself , easy job and slow pace, change project direction all the time according Korean headquarters's preference, good cafetiere and gym.
Pros
cafetiere
Cons
boring
High paced but fun workplace
Brain Rudy-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2017
I was responsible for operations within CVD/Sputter department
I utilized EOH Reports to determine work priorities and staging of product for maximum cycle time of processes. I was responsible for daily qualifications and processing production.
Pros
Fun workplace
learning environment
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 7, 2017
Hectic work at times. need to extend hours. lot of learning scope!

Overall good learning experience and supportive team. (though it varies with project :P)
Fun events
Pro Staff - inventory Specialist/Lead Verifer (Former Employee) –  1000 klein road Plano TX 75074December 6, 2017
organized games for example sack running, basketball shootout, with rifle drawing on the winner , have a contest on the best designer on Samsung casual T-Shirts, contest best funny dresser, have a special day to dress in Dallas cowboy wear, give out movie tickets and picnic tickets to Six flag.
Pros
Personal time off (PTO) a lot of cookouts and t-shirt giveaways awards to highest performers.
Cons
So much overtime and Mandatory schedule some times
Samsung fun fast paced sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 3, 2017
I would have never lefted samsung it was a fantastic company to work for everyone was great always helpful and it was a all around fun job that I was lucky to have if you have a chance go for it!
Pros
education on up and coming tech
Great money making opportunity.
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2017
I was caught between team conversions trying to learn the tool maintenance procedures and schedules. Unfortunate human mistakes started to add up after a year, not all the time but after 13 months, was too too much. Sincerely

Between those groups, you end up just trying to find yourself searching for your own way to exemplify your "hard work efforts and energy" the group with respect to not actually being accepted, yet when the chips fall, unprovidedderstood. Contract work is just a business, not personal, everyone covered as safe and alert at end of the day.
Pros
Promotional Raises awarded for good work ethic
Cons
Institutionalized Facility
relaxed with sporadic busy times
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2017
B2B support was ok but work load wasn't evenly divided among support staff. No pay increase based on skill. Atmosphere was relaxed. Management was flexible. Pay rate was low
Productive Workplace
Senior User Interface Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2017
Samsung is a great working environment. The people are great. There are great benefits and reasonable working hours. The only problem is that sometimes the projects get a bit stressful.
New experience for me
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Ferry, NJNovember 30, 2017
Work place is not bad. I like what I do for samsung and how my supervisors treat me.The training process was not bad at all it was easy to learn and whenever I have an issue my supervisors or co workers do not hesitate to help me.
Nice work place but lacking maturity at manager's level
Assistant Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  New South WalesNovember 29, 2017
Most employees used to work more than 50 hours and that is the way the culture is and typical Asian culture. More work and less pay. They promised increment at the time of joining and did not do it and and some sort of bullying the way. Too much politics and there is no advancement for any improvement.
Pros
friendly atmosphere and the management is ok
Cons
forced to work more than usual hours and your move is watched by everyone and too much politics
Retail Marketing
Crossmark/Samsung Retail Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 22, 2017
Great working with sales personnel displays equipment & inventory. Not working directly but with contracted companies keeps you diligent and efficient.
Pros
Hours are consistant and somewhat flexable.
Cons
None really
Decent steady job
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2017
Flexible environment.
Took working here 2 years to get any kind of raise in pay despite promise for annual reviews when I interviewed and signed on to the job.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
lack of advancement. low pay.
korean work culture is very strong when working on the R&D side
Product Manager / Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 20, 2017
korean work culture is very strong when working on the R&D side. there is very little room for advancement in terms of promotions. even if you get one it is usually because someone with that title left and a void was created.
Powerful branded company with vertical management
PRODUCT SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2017
The management structure working for Samsung is complex and confusing. Management training sessions are long and video based. The organization is rewarding to work for.
Fun & Stressful
Samsung Experience Consultant (Current Employee) –  Merced, CANovember 17, 2017
This job is great overall, but you have to learn to roll with the punches. You can be super committed to your work and give 110% all the time and still end up short when it comes to numbers.

The company will say that you arn't trying (because on paper i looks this way) when in reality the location you are working has seen a 46% decline in foot traffic compared to previous years. Thus, resulting in lower sales.

If you cannot maintain a positive outlook and work well under pressure while the company examines your every move when you are not performing well, then this is not the job for you.

On the flip side, when you are hitting numbers, life is great.
Pros
Pay is better than most other jobs in similar roles
Cons
Best Buy employees get better discounts, training is meh, you have people telling you what to do that rarely if ever set foot in your location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samsung Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.