As a General Liability Adjuster, assist insured’s, to resolve problems. Utilizing well developed investigative and negotiation skills in a fast-paced environment to achieve satisfactory results for our clients while protecting the assets of the company. The position concentrates on liability claims with a concentration in Product Liability.
- Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims determine all coverage applicable to the loss and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims to confirm coverage and to determine liability, compensability, and damages.
- Determines and documents, during the investigation process, the potential for subrogation.
- Evaluates claims for potential fraud, as appropriate.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
- Alerts underwriting, marketing and/or senior management regarding questionable risks encountered to ensure that potential hazards are clearly documented.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Completion of formal training program or two years related experience required.
- Knowledge of contract language, including regulatory and policy differences, legal liability, general insurance policy coverage and State Tort law.
- Working knowledge of claims investigation techniques, medical and legal aspects of claims. Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills to explain the facts and logic used to arrive at decisions in a way that the customer understands.
- Written skills to compose clear, succinct descriptions when posting files and drafting correspondence.
- Capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment.
- State Licensing preferred
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Established as Korea Anbo Fire and Marine Insurance Co., Ltd. on Jan. 26, 1952, we were renamed Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Co.,...