Samsung Employee Reviews

Tough work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 5, 2017
This is a Korean based company and they demand a lot from you. Management expects you to not talk back and accept their ideas, no matter how insane. They expect you to work long hours and will look down on you if you refuse. Most of the people are great to work with but beware of the managers. The pay is good and the benefits are excellent. However, the stress put on the employees has caused physical ailments, with people having to leave due to health.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, weekends, and holidays. Horrible management
If I could have given them 0 stars I would have
QC Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 21, 2016
I worked at both Plano & Coppell TX sites in repairs QC & shipping & receiving. My daughter worked at Plano It is ridiculous how horribly they treat the employees. Most were temp workers none got any kind of benefits ie: medical, health, PTO etc.... They had mandatory overtime. Day shift would come in at 8am & not know if they were getting off at 5pm or 8pm and never paid overtime just sent home early on another day of management choosing. They were low paid warehouse workers who fix products (often told to just ship back to customer with a new charger & without proper repair) that often cost approximately a months wages after taxes During a meeting held on the open warehouse floor I SAW & Heard them told they may have to work on a federal holiday (4th of July or Labor Day) one lady raised hand & asked if we would receive holiday pay & they told her to go to the office. We never saw her again. We only assumed they fired her. No one asked anymore questions after that. No, they didn't pay holiday pay either. The Coppell place was so crazy I quit after a week. Our experiences with this company was so horrible my family won't buy any Samsung products ever.
Pros
Dont apply unless you are desparate
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Good at hiring talent terrible at keeping them their. A lot of time is wasted reporting same data to many managers. There is a lot of work that need to be done, actual improvements. But after 15 meetings it is easier to get the chamber up and dump the proposal. There is "Get off my lawn - It is perfect" mentality among departments. Thorough investigation of issues are not promoted. As long as one can argue that the source of the problem is their department, they can go Scott Free.
Koreans - I work with many smart and talented Koreans but they have TERRIBLE bosses. Unfortunately they are the real decision makers. When they propose something, it becomes a mad rush to implement immediately. Disagreeing with those decisions can become a career hazard. It involves meeting after meeting with different managers, directors and VPs to explain why the proposal is terrible. We have had many instances of failure due to project implementation due executive decision. Simply put - it is a pretty hostile place to work.
Pros
Decent pay and Benefits
Cons
Terrible work culture and Work/Life Balance
Excellent starting point, limited growth for new hires
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 30, 2016
Pros: Great benefits, state of the art technology, decent cafeterias, good gym, basketball court, pool tables
Cons: Hard to advance if you were not an employee pre LSI conversion, some knowledge that the older techs have they do not share, management plays favorites, basically the same cons you'll find at any job.
Best Job I ever had
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2017
Samsung made my experience awesome very professional and very good at cultivating talent to be better. Excellent on the job training, Awesome benefits. Samsung is so big they have a tendency to contract segments of there Infrastructure to bad contractor with terrible sub culture.
Pros
Evreything
Cons
Bad Cotractors
Hard work good people but no advancement
Process Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2016
Typical day was a 10 to 12 hour shift with 3 to 4 overtime for every other day. I maintained 400 production tools process flows and adjustments for the majority of the time. The rest of the time would be dedicated to meetings and management of passdown logs. I learned a lot from samsung. Physics, quantum mechanics, chemical engineering and so much more. It was the job I loved just because of the amount of things to do and learn. The culture was very segregated engineers and techs would be separate from production and house services that caused a lot of political infighting but things got done. Most of the management had a very high attrition rate and was replaced often. Mostly due to the lack of advancement. The pay raises were there but there was no upward movement in the company. The hardest part of the job was the balance of the information and its application to the production. You had to be able to see things down to the submolecular level to figure out how you needed to fix any given situation while trying to figure out how it would affect the rest of the production line as a whole. The best part was when you figured it out. That realization when you can hold your own with some of the brightest minds in the world when it comes to something you can't even see.
Pros
State of the art, cutting edge, good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, political workgroups, no upward advancement
Challenging work load/ severely lacking in managerial support
Senior Project Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 20, 2016
If you are not accepted from the beginning, the "Country Club" crowd will push you out and make completing task virtually impossible to complete in a timely manner.
Pros
PTO hours are good, excellent benefits package, pay is fair
Cons
Management, from site President down to Part leads, they do not realize that it is the workforce that makes a company run.
Seeking a technical position that will allow me to utilize my current skills to advance and excel in an environment that will offer/ flexibility.
Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Samsung is great place to work. The benefits are excellence and if go to shift work its even better due to the days off. Team work is very important to Samsung.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun environment
Mosaic Sales Solution Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Great company with good pay and benefits. The company is very innovative and fun place to work. Management it's very proactive and problem solving skills.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Retail hours not flexible
Not a good place to work if you want a life
Engineering Technician II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2016
Company does not know or train supervisors to be any kind of leader. Good ole boy network is alive and well here. I know people here that have been with the company 16 years and have never been promoted.
Pros
Good health care and benefits
Cons
no promotion
Great Place to work!!1
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILJanuary 31, 2017
Samsung provided a fun environment gave us all the new gadgets in order for us to use, enjoy and learn from their products. They provided us with all sorts of benefits and freedom for sales event planning and marketing.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Lots of paperwork
Great pay.
Lead/CSR (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Good work environment great benefits very happy in what i did for 5 years, sadly i had to quit my job do to my high risk pregnancy. I learned a lot from management is a good company to grow in.
Non stop
Sr. CMP Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2016
I've been a CMP Process Tech in the Semiconductor industry for 21 years. Samsung is a good company as far a benefits are concerned. The 12 hour day is grueling, getting time only for lunch. Processes and consumables are out of control as the business model has changed. Not enough people to do the work required with the analogy being they try to stuff 10 pounds of potatoes into a 5 pound sack. There is no time to think with a constant barrage of issues.
Pros
Great insurance, monthly lunch stipend, good pay.
Cons
It seems Samsung would rather you live there rather than work there.
productive and fun work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  LagosDecember 29, 2016
Great management team, fun working place, people are friendly and accommodating, great compensation benefits. Clean environment and safety as a number one priority.
Pros
Free lunghes
Cons
healthcare
Good place for learning about semiconductor business
Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2016
It is a very clean, attractive place to work at. It is very dynamique and fast paced, very versatile. A lot of employees from different parts of the world make it a very interesting environment. Great people and great place to work.
There are many opportunities to learn about various topics in the semiconductor industry. Good food, resting areas, gym. Benefits are awesome and kick in as soon as you are employed. Some are lucky to travel for free to headquaters and have the chance to enjoy South Korea.
Free lunches to take place at least quarterly and public recognition is a practice to appreciate performance of employees at any level.
Enjoyable work environment.
Lead in making modifications (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 30, 2016
Samsung provided me with the great opportunity to learn wireless technology by offering me a job in the technical support tier II organization.Our daily job consist of monitoring and analyzing traffic measurements on all the 4G Core Samsung core network elements (MMEs and SAEGWs) The group also work closely with RAN tier II on any issues in which the access network was not communicating with the core network.
The group had 8 team members and all of us worked as a team helping each other on issues that were assigned to the group.This part was the most enjoyable working environment. The hardest part of the job was convincing the customer that issues where in the IP network outside the core network, The team had to capture data and analysis providing it to the customer validating the cause of the problem.
Pros
The job itself was very enjoyable as well as the people.
Cons
Lacking of salary increase and the cost of health insurance.
Simple, unorganized stepping stone for young people trying to gain call center experience.
Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 29, 2016
In my personal opinion Samsung is a great place to work for if you are in need of call center experience. I also feel that Samsung is a company that has too many changes which causes the work to take you out of your comfort zone.
Pros
Great Compensation.
Cons
Favortism within management.
Productive, strict
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTDecember 20, 2016
Good job with good benefits and pay. Not flexible with schedule. A lot of studying and testing required. Good job for the right candidate. Vacation time and sick time.
Pros
Vacation time, good pay, benefits, set schedule
Cons
Short breaks, no flexibility with schedule
Fun and Fast!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72211February 18, 2017
Retail Consultant and Hybrid Tech Support, made for a fun work day, however, retail hours and no benefits make it hard to remain with the company for long.
Pros
Fun and Knowledge based
Benefits
Great Company
Certified Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 19, 2017
I will miss working here. Great atmosphere and great benefits. Time to move on and find the company that truly needs my expertise. Would recommend them to anyone.