Samsung
1,024 reviews

Samsung Employee Reviews

ok
Return Specialist (Current Employee), Ridgefield Park, NJJuly 28, 2015
good tech company, not much cooperate discounts, good benefits and ok salary. strong culture , work life balance is ok good be better. some late hours.
a good job but not a career
Team Lead/Shift Manager/Social Media Agent (Current Employee), greenvilleJuly 28, 2015
Pros: fun, working with social media
Cons: no benefits, no advancement
The department i was in, it was great until the past year. The department is slowly becoming more close minded and having less freedom to be creative. The biggest issue is there is no future in this company because there is no option to expanse on a career.
great place to work!
Samsung Experience Consultant (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 27, 2015
Had an awesome experience with Samsung. I loved the job and the products, my co-workers we're excellent and very fun to be around.
A very diverse workplace surrounded with technology.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2015
A typical day at Samsung was like any other regular day in the world outside of it. Some days could be outstandingly merit and or some days could be very defective. It's all about the atmosphere or if your attention is more pivot on anything else other than getting to work. I always looked at the typical day as a good productive day. What I learned about Samsung is how they prepare the phones before shipping them off to their rightful companies such as Metro PCS, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.It also has taught me that I have cannot stand in one spot for half a day (laughs) I always seemed to doze off every now and then but that's only because I rarely gotten sleep. Any other day, I would go in and work like I were in a competition to win the grand prize. About management, there was a diminutive problem with the way they operated but they were organized. Co-workers? There were a few that were good to work with and there were some that gave me an energy of deficiency. The hardest part of work would be when the lines filled up with phones back and forward but that was also the most enjoyable part of the job as well because it would motivate me to speed up my pace.
No work/life balance (Contractor position)
Technical Trainer (Contractor) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Cutting edge tech
Cons: No advancement opportunities
Samsung expects employees to work from 6 or 7 am to 8 or 9 pm if you do not put in the hrs. you will not advance.

Also while this is not advertised, if you are not from South Korea or speak the language, your advancement opportunities are very narrow.
Samsung Electronics makes you stronger as a professional!
Supply Chain Planner (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2015
Samsung Electronics, the world's number 1 electronics manufacturer, is an interesting place to work. The work is highly demanding, fast paced and dynamic. I have learned so much working at Samsung for 5 years and grew with the company as a professional. If you are the person who is willing to take the challenge and want to experience the dynamics of world's number 1 company, I recommend you to give it a try!
No work life balance
Sr. Accounts Payable Coordinator III (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 21, 2015
Too much work and not enough employees. They expect you to work lots of hours. Pay is great but they get their monies worth from you.
The culture and management are definitely the downfalls of Samsung
Designer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Good comp
Cons: Bad management, no vision or direction, too much control from HQ
Organizational chaos, very little structure, little to no communication, seriously lacking in leadership, coaching and development—at all levels.

After working at Samsung, I am amazed that they are able to be successful. The culture is dominated by fear (do this or you won't have a project next year) and micromanagement from headquarters (Korea). Samsung claims to value innovation but provides the most suffocating culture I have ever worked in. The overall environment was based on vague requests in another language and an inherent bias against asking questions (just do what we say).

Major job burnout and turnover, frequent lay-offs and terminations; redundant management positions; lack of cohesiveness between internal U.S. teams and internal Korean teams. HQ mirrors and policies make it difficult to equip teams with tools and processes they need to drive success. No structure where needed most; too much structure where least needed.
Productive, fun, and quiet
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: 1 Hour lunch breaks, Overtime, and great coworkers
Cons: Does not offer Vision or Dental, Overtime on the weekends, no personal time
The most enjoyable experience of the job is seeing the new software and hardware for future market devices. Co workers are fun, easy going, and have great communication. The one hour lunches are great to unwind and give plenty of time to eat lunch without having to rush around. The most difficult is being able to manage your time outside of work, the overtime takes up too much time that you're unable to do other things you need to do in your personal life, home life, and limited time for anything on the weekends. Micromanaging, social politics, supportive and strict management.
great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), washingtonJuly 20, 2015
the work place was very fun and the work was easy, the company is innovative and growing quickly and always ready for the next big thing
Nice enviroment where you get to interact with lots of people
PT consultant Rep (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 15, 2015
My day consist of educating and promoting Samsung brand name through various ways such as training on product, teaching classes, educating customer, increase sales and etc.. this is accomplished through many tools we have at our disposal to help us achieve a high level of success in our industry.
Okay Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Simpsonville, SCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Like my coworkers
Cons: No Benefits
Samsung is an alright place to work at. It's not necessarily bad, but for what you do its base pay. There is also no benefits provided with working here.
Great career for 17 years, would go another 10 if I could :-)
RF \ IP BACKHAUL TEST ENGINEER II, III (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 6, 2015
Worked at Samsung for 17 years thru 4 positions and enjoyed my time there. I was part of a Reduction in force of the Network Engineering Department and probably will look to return in other departments very soon.
Good on innovation
Sr. Director, Strategy (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Career Growth after mid level
Samsung used to be an aggressive and growing company. Lately there are too many new executives and all are trying to prove themselves and there is randomness in everything.
Fast paced
Senior Engineering Technician (Shift Lead) (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Healthcare and bonuses
Cons: lack of management experience
Very fast paced company to work for. Training for new employees can be lacking at times with the old "sink or swim" mentality. The shift schedule is really good, allowing for a good mix of family and work. Compensation in terms of healthcare coverage and bonuses are really good. Pay is good as well.
No room to grow
Manager/Lead (Current Employee), Saint LouisJune 29, 2015
The management is all over the place and clueless at times. However, you typically never have to see them anyway which makes the above statement bearable. The hardest part of the job is putting up with incompetent management and unrealistic sales goals. The pay is competitive if you are a lead but regular part-time individuals don't receive many benefits even on Samsung products themselves. I would not recommend working for this company in no way or fashion. I have been working for this company for a year and half with no chance for upward mobility.
usa
Technician in automotive mechatronics (Former Employee), anywhereJune 25, 2015
saturday, automotive mechatronics, electronic control units, i enjoy diagonising motor vehicle electrical faults
work from home or in the field
Construction/Decommissioning Manager (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no job security
busy with not much downtime. lots of conference calls. learned project management on a large scale. push you to complete deadlines and complete projects.
Very friendly place and fun work
Tech Support by phones (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free Donuts
Cons: long breaks and good lunches
Many of the co-workers brought donuts and pizza. Also we used to go out as a group for lunch and we always brought waters and other beverages to cool of from heat environment.
Floundering Expectations
Administrator (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 22, 2015
Pros: Hands off management
Cons: Management does not ask the questions because they do not want to hear the answers.
Cross cultural problems has led to corporate and client disconnects which has led to eroding margins and frustrated internal employees. No planning, no processes and shrinking accountability equals decreasing profits.

1 2 3 4 5

About Samsung

Samsung Group is a South Korean multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul. It comprises numerous – Read more

Samsung Salaries