Samsung Employee Reviews

Dont apply unless you are desparate
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Good at hiring talent terrible at keeping them their. A lot of time is wasted reporting same data to many managers. There is a lot of work that need to be done, actual improvements. But after 15 meetings it is easier to get the chamber up and dump the proposal. There is "Get off my lawn - It is perfect" mentality among departments. Thorough investigation of issues are not promoted. As long as one can argue that the source of the problem is their department, they can go Scott Free.
Koreans - I work with many smart and talented Koreans but they have TERRIBLE bosses. Unfortunately they are the real decision makers. When they propose something, it becomes a mad rush to implement immediately. Disagreeing with those decisions can become a career hazard. It involves meeting after meeting with different managers, directors and VPs to explain why the proposal is terrible. We have had many instances of failure due to project implementation due executive decision. Simply put - it is a pretty hostile place to work.
Pros
Decent pay and Benefits
Cons
Terrible work culture and Work/Life Balance
Tough work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 5, 2017
This is a Korean based company and they demand a lot from you. Management expects you to not talk back and accept their ideas, no matter how insane. They expect you to work long hours and will look down on you if you refuse. Most of the people are great to work with but beware of the managers. The pay is good and the benefits are excellent. However, the stress put on the employees has caused physical ailments, with people having to leave due to health.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, weekends, and holidays. Horrible management
If I could have given them 0 stars I would have
QC Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 21, 2016
I worked at both Plano & Coppell TX sites in repairs QC & shipping & receiving. My daughter worked at Plano It is ridiculous how horribly they treat the employees. Most were temp workers none got any kind of benefits ie: medical, health, PTO etc.... They had mandatory overtime. Day shift would come in at 8am & not know if they were getting off at 5pm or 8pm and never paid overtime just sent home early on another day of management choosing. They were low paid warehouse workers who fix products (often told to just ship back to customer with a new charger & without proper repair) that often cost approximately a months wages after taxes During a meeting held on the open warehouse floor I SAW & Heard them told they may have to work on a federal holiday (4th of July or Labor Day) one lady raised hand & asked if we would receive holiday pay & they told her to go to the office. We never saw her again. We only assumed they fired her. No one asked anymore questions after that. No, they didn't pay holiday pay either. The Coppell place was so crazy I quit after a week. Our experiences with this company was so horrible my family won't buy any Samsung products ever.
Pros
Hard work good people but no advancement
Process Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2016
Typical day was a 10 to 12 hour shift with 3 to 4 overtime for every other day. I maintained 400 production tools process flows and adjustments for the majority of the time. The rest of the time would be dedicated to meetings and management of passdown logs. I learned a lot from samsung. Physics, quantum mechanics, chemical engineering and so much more. It was the job I loved just because of the amount of things to do and learn. The culture was very segregated engineers and techs would be separate from production and house services that caused a lot of political infighting but things got done. Most of the management had a very high attrition rate and was replaced often. Mostly due to the lack of advancement. The pay raises were there but there was no upward movement in the company. The hardest part of the job was the balance of the information and its application to the production. You had to be able to see things down to the submolecular level to figure out how you needed to fix any given situation while trying to figure out how it would affect the rest of the production line as a whole. The best part was when you figured it out. That realization when you can hold your own with some of the brightest minds in the world when it comes to something you can't even see.
Pros
State of the art, cutting edge, good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, political workgroups, no upward advancement
Challenging work load/ severely lacking in managerial support
Senior Project Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 20, 2016
If you are not accepted from the beginning, the "Country Club" crowd will push you out and make completing task virtually impossible to complete in a timely manner.
Pros
PTO hours are good, excellent benefits package, pay is fair
Cons
Management, from site President down to Part leads, they do not realize that it is the workforce that makes a company run.
Excellent starting point, limited growth for new hires
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 30, 2016
Pros: Great benefits, state of the art technology, decent cafeterias, good gym, basketball court, pool tables
Cons: Hard to advance if you were not an employee pre LSI conversion, some knowledge that the older techs have they do not share, management plays favorites, basically the same cons you'll find at any job.
Simple, unorganized stepping stone for young people trying to gain call center experience.
Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 29, 2016
In my personal opinion Samsung is a great place to work for if you are in need of call center experience. I also feel that Samsung is a company that has too many changes which causes the work to take you out of your comfort zone.
Pros
Great Compensation.
Cons
Favortism within management.
Good compensation, lots of room for creativity
Senior engineer (Former Employee) –  South KoreaJuly 16, 2016
Management will not encourage creativity, but there is no resource limit if you are creative. It is wealthy company with lots of benefits for employees, though work/life balance is bad.
Pros
Compensation, freedom to create
Cons
Work/life balance sometimes
Not a good place to work if you want a life
Engineering Technician II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2016
Company does not know or train supervisors to be any kind of leader. Good ole boy network is alive and well here. I know people here that have been with the company 16 years and have never been promoted.
Pros
Good health care and benefits
Cons
no promotion
productive and fun work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  LagosDecember 29, 2016
Great management team, fun working place, people are friendly and accommodating, great compensation benefits. Clean environment and safety as a number one priority.
Pros
Free lunghes
Cons
healthcare
Samsung Telecom
Warehouse Lead for Logistics and Inventory (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, IL.October 19, 2016
Shipping and receiving products via 18 wheel deliveries.

I had an entry level opportunity that has lead me to my current employer being Wireless Evolution, Inc.

Wonderful Management, very educational.

Co-Workers were not a part of my team. Associates within the Warehouse works for the Warehouse we leased. I lead our Warehouse staff from our only Samsung Distribution center in the Midwest and reported to upper Management at home office in Dallas.

Working 3rd shift, decision making was always crucial as the rest of the company was asleep and most likely unreachable should an issue arise.

Working for Samsung which is an innovative leader in the industry.
Pros
Employed by a Fortune 500 Company
Cons
3rd Shift Employee
Productive and fun environment
Mosaic Sales Solution Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Great company with good pay and benefits. The company is very innovative and fun place to work. Management it's very proactive and problem solving skills.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Retail hours not flexible
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoOctober 21, 2016
Since it was a third party company outsourcing customer service, there was no internal growth possibilities due to preferentism therefore no job security.
Pros
Pays on time, great wages
Cons
Management too flexible
Samsung
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 5, 2016
Samsung overall is a great company to work for. They treat all employee's equality and fairly. Each day we were taken care of and made sure we felt part of the team and we were happy. As every job not everyday was the best day and the environment would be stressful surrounding the events of the Note7 having issues. My co-workers were very hard workers and all enjoyed being at work. The management was also pretty good. Some supervisors were a little lazy when it came to stepping up and helping fellow agents that needed it.
Pros
Taught me a lot about customer service as well as knowledge on phones.
Cons
Very strict rules when it came to basic job essentials, not very understanding of the needs of employee's.
Great Place to Work
MARKET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 11, 2016
Great Management
Great Culture
Fun place to work - co workers make you feel apart of a team
You get to play with cool products and test drive them. Working for a technology company is fun
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Pay could be better
My day at work
HR Director (Former Employee) –  DamascusJune 14, 2016
My typical day at work would start by checking my mail and start answering the important ones. During the day I would have several conference calls, meetings with departments managers, and calling clients. My relation ship with my co-workers was a team work relation ships. We relied on each other to improve the sales of the company and to come up with plans for marketing. The hardest part of my job was when I need it to lay off a worker. and the most enjoyable part of my job was when I gave a raise to an employee when he or she didn't expected.
Fast paced work environment with ample learning opportunities but work environment leaves much to be desired.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2016
Engineers are given lots of responsibility quickly which can be a great learning experience, however it is highly dependent on the department you work in. The work can be challenging and exciting but a lot of the time engineers are treated like robots executing repetitive tasks in part to make up for the atrocious systems available. The best part about working there was the people and the benefits.
Pros
Health benefits and compensation
Cons
long hours, repetitive work, horrible support systems
Great benefits
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2016
Great benefits and great . New Samsung building is great with a cool game room, basketball court, volleyball, ping pong, pool, video games, nap pods. HR are quick and responsive and very helpful. When CEO come around they have meetings for them to communicate with employees and let them know status and plans for the company.
Great Opportunities when work is put in.
Lead Samsung Experience Consultant (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLJune 22, 2016
Job consisted of great communication with customers in order to fit the products fit their lifestyles. A typical day would consist of making sells, light troubleshooting of devices, inventory checks, and maintenance of workstation. Management consisted of keeping track of promotions, goals, staff development, staff training, and constant action plans that fits the company's future goals.
Great work place
SRAM Circuit Designer (Former Employee) –  Hwaseong-si, KoreaSeptember 16, 2016
Hard working but good compensation & great welfare.
Systematic investment and management based on the exact strategy.
Proud for workng on the world best company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samsung. Our community is ready to answer.