Samtec

Samtec Employee Reviews

Very employee supportive, if sometimes a little disorganized
Vertex Operator/Quality Control (Former Employee), New Albany, INMay 9, 2014
I never felt more appreciated as an employee than at Samtec, or more like I could've risen through the ranks if I'd wanted. I was always taken seriously and my ideas were always considered and encouraged. There were a lot of opportunities, and my co-workers were very nice, even if most of them were not in my age group/didn't seem to share many of my interests outside of work, which is okay because I respect people who come to work just to work. My only issue was that it could be a bit disorganized. I'd be told to do something one way and then told to do it a different way the next day, by a different person. On one hand, it's great that the company is so flexible, and for the most part they hired people who could roll with the punches. On the other hand, it was easy to feel jerked around or as if you were set up for a loss, or to blame for being the victim of the manager's mixed messages. However, my dad worked at Ford Motor Company for 30+ years, and from what I've gathered, as far as factory jobs go, you can't do better than Samtec, and some disorganization and crossed wires is to be expected. I would've loved to have stayed on there, but I had been considering a career in teaching and wanted to give it a try before I returned to school. But I was really blessed to work for a company that paid me really great wages, with bonuses, and offered so many benefits and really seemed to care about me and my well-being, and if it had been an industry I was interested working in for the long-term, it would've been a dream workplace environment. While I was there, I learned a lot about machines and teamwork, job training, computers, tools, fixing things - I really enjoyed working with my hands and being practical.
Nepotism is king
Manager (Former Employee), New AlbanyAugust 12, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no direction from the "elders"
If you are ok with working for family try this. Nothing but favoritism for the family members and backstabbing for the rest.
Poor managment and leadership
Plating (Current Employee), New Albany, INJuly 30, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: favoritism, no opprtunity to advance
For those of you who want to work here be prepared to deal with favoritism. You will not move up in this company unless you are related to someone important. This company says they are family oriented and they are as long as you are ( in the family). And there is no communication here as what was said in a previous post. The supervisors only look out for the ones they buddy up to and not all of the people they supervise. Everyone here is scared to speak there mind cause if they do they look down on you. They change policies and implement new rules without telling there employees so when you make a mistake they can write you up. Maybe it's just my experience working in this department I don't know but I'm not the only one that works here that sees this stuff. This company would be a good place to work if they treated everyone the same and treated us all fairly
Unfair biased company.
Operator (Former Employee), New Albany, INMay 2, 2013
Pros: good pay, benefits.
Cons: management, ethics, values, culture.
My experience at Samtec was bad. The elders that worked there were tied in through family, and I did not feel everyone was treated fairly. I learned very quickly what needed to be done, and went above and beyond what was expected of me to ensure all orders got shipped on time. Often times I got stuck with the "first time build" orders, which ended up taking excessive amounts of time to make due to no prints being available, in turn making my production rate appear much smaller than co-workers that were constantly building the same parts day after day. I felt like I got mistreated, and that a lot of un-needed stress was placed on my shoulders because supervisors weren't understanding of what I was really doing.
Productive and fun workplace, great atmosphere
Sales/Marketing Internship (Former Employee), New Albany, INSeptember 27, 2012
Fun, yet focused coworkers. Great customer support. Management always has communication with associates. Amazing company to work for. If you get a chance here, don't mess it up.
Family oriented with great advancement opportunity
Supervisor (Former Employee), New Albany, INMay 10, 2012
Pros: limited overtime
Cons: like with any company, your job can be gone tomorrow.
Samtec takes great pride in happy families. I have enjoyed several positions and advancements within the company.