SAMUELS JEWELERS

SAMUELS JEWELERS Employee Reviews

Hard environment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 31, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: standing for long periods in heels without sitting
Unless you really want to get into jewelry and know a lot about it, then this job will not be easy and you will get very very snobby customers. I applied seasonal and the toll it took on me was very stressful, because I don't know very much about jewelry.
salesman
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXOctober 15, 2014
sale jewelry
laid back
stand for long periods of time
friendly environment
fun place
MIT (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: fun place
Cons: no breaks
I improved my sales techniques
product knowledge
experience to work with different people
sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), High Point, NCAugust 5, 2014
Jewelry Sales, sold diamond, gold, platinum jewelry worked in Mall setting, with assistant manager responsibilities.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTJune 2, 2014
Built and led sales teams. My co-workers were an amazing group of individuals, who came together to make an amazing sales team.
Customer must leave happy
Sales associate (Former Employee), Billings, MTMay 28, 2014
Pros: people skills
Cons: short breaks
Working the floor and learning the history of diamonds, gold & jewelry
Forming a trust worthy bond with each customer
Greeting everyone as they enter the store
Each employee was set to a certain goal each month to made as a team & individual
Enjoyed the interaction with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 18, 2013
Pros: being part of an engagement setting
Cons: other employees being unethical
During a typical day at work, I would interact heavily with customers assisting them with their purchase of diamonds and/or other jewelry needs. Inventory and stock was done daily as well as phone calls to currant customers reminding them of inspections and sales. I became a certified diamondtologist throughout my time with this company. although there were some conflict issues that could not be resolved, I thouroughly enjoyed my time with Samuels and would have loved to stay employed if issues would have been worked out.
Good place to work with customer interaction
Sales associate and repair (Former Employee), Farmington, NMMay 23, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: schedualeing conflicts
I worked many hours and assisted customers with purchases and repairs, and made sure that they were overall satisfied with the company. There was issues with the scheduling, I was closing every day and there was no family time for me.
I enjoyed working for this company very much. I intend to continue in the field.
Sales Associate Fine Jewelry w/DCA (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: good heath insurance, 401k, life insurance, vacation pay and holiday pay
Cons: short breaks, always on my feet working
Start of day was setting up jewelry in cases and jewelry count. After all cases were secured and locked then proceeded with daily business meeting and discussing sales figures for the day and sales quotas to meet goals.Good experience on furthering my sales skills,also on credit,selling,closing and selling more effectively. Some assit. manager training and skills. Consistently working on raising sales figures and the betterment of my skill levels rising to meet the task required. I enjoyed all my co-workers and would work there again in the future. I have always liked to sell and I enjoy dealing with people.
Opportunity to grow and expand knowledge
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: team work, ability to create unique pieces of jewelry and capture their most important moments in their life
It is always a unique experience with each and every client. No two are the same.
A fun palce to work as I like talking with the customers and enjoyed making them happy.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CADecember 13, 2012
Cons: offered no health care
Set up all inventory, meet and greet each customer and full fill their purchases.

Gained a knowledge of diamonds and all gem stones.

My co-workers were fun and enjoyable to work with.

Hard part were the late nights doing end of month inventory.

I loved working with my manager, she was very inspirational and thought me a lot.
na
Jewelry Sales Representative (Former Employee), Greeley, COMay 15, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: na
Jewelry wasn't good. Felt more like I was trying to squeeze a sale out of every customer.