SAMUELS JEWELERS Employee Reviews

sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 22, 2017
I started working at Samuels knowing nothing about jewelry. I was introduce to the certifying classes and knowledge I learned form my bosses. They were great to work for. I learn so much and grew and interest in the jewelry world. I learned about the business and company.
Pros
Great to learn. Worked with my schedule.
professional environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  sun valley mall, concord, caApril 15, 2017
professional and friendly environment
use to manager the store, sales, handling customer problems,store audit, handled hiring, sales report, cash deposits, etc.
Fun place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 2, 2017
Be super friendly love to make money and sale sale sale and enjoy working with people and very patient with and mind to set is the key and out going and clam is the way to be and be leader and be a good jeweler and know jewlery
Pros
Alot of learning time
Cons
On feet alot
bad job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 28, 2017
manager is rude, constant criticism, unrealistic goals, no support, called names, none of the employees want to be there, dont get paid fairly, cant ask questions about the managers doings/rules.
Big opportunities.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 9, 2017
There are many opportunities to make money here but they are almost impossible to reach. The company is cheap and there are sometimes problems with management. You have the opportunity to determine your paycheck but most times even your hardest work will not cut it.
Pros
Commission incentives
Fun and exciting workplace with excellent benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I really loved my job with Samuels. My original Store Manager taught me so much about selling and how to run the store and then was promoted to Store Manager only 8 months after I started with the company. It was a fun and exciting place to work with excellent benefits. The other managers in the company were, for the most part, the friendliest and most helpful managers I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job was that we didn't have any formal training for management. Everything I knew I learned from my previous manager and what she didn't or couldn't teach me I had to figure it out on my own.
Pros
excelent benifits, fun exciting place to work
Cons
no formal training, long hours sometimes without a break, HR didn't really care about management concerns
Large company with little advancement oppurtunites
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2017
There are little advancement opportunity's and the management came be difficult to work with. The employees are great though and work well together for the most part.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Difficult management
Wouldn't recommend employer to anyone
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 26, 2017
Unsure if this is typical in all stores. But the one I worked for has very high stress, unstable work environment. If the head manager isnt yelling at their husband on the phone, they are crying in the back. How it was since day 1. Incredibly unorganized as a whole. No one wants to clean so you end up with rotting trash in the back storage area. Pay is very low, they say commission will make up for it. But our location is dismal which brings low traffic in. No customers =no commission. Manager and key holders will stab you in the back to hit their sales goals. Lying to customers is a daily habit of most employees. You have the option to move up, but I wouldnt recommend it.
Pros
The customers are usually great. Putting on jewlery presentations is fun. Selling is fun.
Cons
Poor Management. Unorganized. Unethical. Others will walk in on or steal sales.
Wonderful place to work. Uplifting. Rewarding.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 22, 2016
I loved working there but lost my job because of a dispute over a lease so they closed the store. Terrible severance. Was like I didn't matter at the end. They offered me another job out of state but wouldn't relocate my store so I could keep it running even after I increased the profits and reduced overhead.
Pros
Good health benefits. Great teamwork. Great commission's.
Cons
When corporate is faced with a challenge, you are disposable.
Samuels
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 16, 2016
Not an honest place to work. A lot of lying to customers. Hard to sleep at night. Very aggressive work environment. They make you feel bad when you want to take your break.
A lot of down time.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2016
Jewelry sales is a cutthroat industry. What I noticed was the lack of teamwork, being mostly commissioned based. With everything based on a dollar sign the lack of accountability made it very trying.
Fun, Professional
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJune 30, 2016
Great place to work but commission hard to reach; manager was nice, the full time associates grabbed most of the big sales
Pros
professionalism
Cons
pay
Terrible place of employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 2, 2016
I worked at the College Station, TX location and it was absolutely HORRENDOUS. I didn't have a single day off because we only had 3 employees, and we didn't even have a manager. From the day I was hired I worked 12 hour shifts with no lunch break because of a certain employee. The only thing good was having 130 hours on paychecks because I was being forced to work that much. This store is very unorganized upon the fact that there is no manager. I was harrassed by an employee and even reported it but nothing was done about it, which is the reason why I left the company. I DO NOT recommend working here.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Very focused on creating a phenomenal customer experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 13, 2016
Samuels Jewelers is a very friend and family oriented store. Even if you end up not buying anything, you still walk out knowing you've just made a new friend. Everyone is treated as a friend or a family member. There was always something to do. Whether it be assisting a customer with their purchases or restocking products.
Pros
Everyone felt like they were family
Cons
You weren't always able to assist the customer as they wanted you to
All purpose learning experience
SALES CONSULANT (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 9, 2016
Working at Samuels Jewelers was a learning experience for me it gave me more confidences and the strong capability to have a face to face on customer service and being able to trouble shoot at quick response and make sure the customers were taken care of 100%
Pros
Discounts
Cons
may have to work on breaks including lunches
Needs Some Glue
Sales Consultant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 1, 2016
Not sure what's going on within this company. The way business is run between the merchandise and the customers is, for the most part, wonderful. We had access to loose diamonds and custom pieces within a very timely manner. However, the store manager i worked with specifically was incredibly unprofessional and tacky. She brought her baby to the store during business hours, had her husband calling the store looking for her and argue with her during business hours, her and the assistant refused to work closing shifts unless made to by their superiors (which made sales goals much more difficult), she didn't train any of her employees on product knowledge or daily business operations (expected DCA certification and her hourly associates to do that for her i guess...?), they lost a diamond my last week and looked for a total of 30 min before leaving the store to their sales associates, and there is no communication between store management and employees as far as company changes, sales changes, schedule changes, events, ect. We didn't even have a store meeting for the last 9 months of employment. Personally, no one attacked me or hurt my feelings, but the level of unprofessional behavior with no one being held accountable led to the search for a jewelry retail job where the store knows what it's doing and has some type of balance and consistent structure. Rogers Jewelers needs some serious work before i'd recommend anyone with experience or serious goals apply there.
company not good at evaluating people..to much favoritizm in upper managment..no raises..lose alot of good people. .do not recommend
jeweler (Former Employee) –  austin texasSeptember 14, 2015
No communication...with employees and upper management do not recommend working here till that changes..sorry..I worked several years there...was great at first. .went down hill about 5 years ago
Pros
make nice friends from co workers..most hold together
Cons
upper management seems not to care for employees, dont care for employees that are knowledgeable, they keep the lower paid ones, and tske advantage of them
great family type of environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 5, 2015
Made sure all customers were taken care of to the best of our knowledge. pushed for financing.
Catered to employees needs.
Pros
great drive to make customers happy
Cons
merchandising
Alright company to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2015
A normal day is slow, my co workers are amazing, the store manager is amazing. But upper management is terrible. The hardest part about my job is dealing with disgruntled guests (We don't get those a lot). The most enjoyable part of my job is, having a customer walk out happy, and satisfied.
Pros
My co workers, and my store manager
Cons
Pay rate, and lack of advancement opportunities
Unhealthy workplace
Assistant Manager & Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJuly 26, 2015
Unhealthy workplace with poor upper management. The company repeatedly lies to the employees and fosters an unstable work environment. It's a poor place to work and the company's future is uncertain and not hopeful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAMUELS JEWELERS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9