SAMUELS JEWELERS Employee Reviews

Bad management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOFebruary 17, 2018
Bully of a DM, bad store manager, unfair wages. Manager would set my sales goals higher than the hours that I worked so my bonuses were unobtainable. Heavy store drama.
Great place to work but horrible ending
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDFebruary 6, 2018
I loved working here but they closed one day with very little explanation on their part. I would recommend them but you would have to move to Utah in order to work there.
A great company to work for ,you will get a great commission up to 5 %
Manager (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 5, 2018
A great company to work for ,you will get a up to 5% commission and bonuses .Also you will get a lot of over times and double times during the holidays
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Perfect lunches and breaks
Worst place I have ever worked
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2017
I was young and dumb. Great training to get you into the industry but unfair management and time. Lacked controls that it needed. Would recommend a different company.
Pros
I don't work there.
Cons
I don't work there.
No work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 27, 2017
In working for a company that has no work life balance; my days were long and my time off was spent more concerned with what needed to be done next at work, than being to enjoy my family or my own personal goals.
Horrible pay
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
This company has no clue to how much to offer the new hiring manager, they offer on a top scale $14 an hour which is ridicules offer to someone with 27 years of experience.
Pros
room to grow specially they are opening up store in HEB
Cons
Very low pay doesn't interest anyone to come aboard
Very poor management, low end merchandise, poor pay !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 25, 2017
Nothing good to say!
Very poor management, low pay, cutting hours, low quality merchandise, very slow business, constant change of personnel, zero respect for their employees, poor benefits. The hardest part is to deal with the company's management. There is no enjoyable part of this lob.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Great discount but backstabbing culture
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  UtahOctober 15, 2017
Working here started out great but ended up awful. I caught on easily and was very successful but I was forced to quit for my mental health. The discount was typically about 70% which almost made it worth it. The company culture was what made working here a nightmare at times. I worked with people who were greedy, unethical, manipulative, and would stab you in the back so they could succeed. Upper management in the company didn't understand the radically different market my store served (primarily 18-25 year old students with little to no budget) and put immense pressure on us to perform like other stores, especially in terms of getting people to apply for credit. We were encouraged to bribe customers to get them to apply for our financing and trick these young kids into spending way more money than they could afford. Then we'd be scolded by higher ups when these kids returned their rings. I felt like a total sleaze and I knew that what I was being asked to do was unethical. My coworkers would insert themselves into my sales when I didn't ask them to and would re-ring my sales into their name without telling me so that they could hit their plans, effectively stealing some of my commission. As a part-timer I got paid significantly less than full timers even though I frequently worked full time hours (40+/wk), and I also didn't get benefits. Since I only made $9.25/hr, I needed that extra commission every month and every dollar counts. Honestly, the only reason I would tell someone to work here is if they're getting married soon and want a huge ring for a major discount.
Pros
Long breaks, huge discount
Cons
Poor compensation, long hours, company culture
Slow
full-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 3, 2017
The management is great. The location just does not have a lot of traffic to really benefit. It is difficult to make plan for the month. Other than that, the work is very easy.
normal
Merchandise Manager/ Planner/Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2017
A lot of work was required for each person and the salary level was not up to par with other industries. No one gets raises.............................
Great place for the goal driven individuals
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 16, 2017
Each store has their own management but if you are a sales person at heart this will be a great opportunity. They offer many perks that come along with the goals that you achieve.
Pros
Vacations, prizes, bonuses
Cons
No weekends/holidays off
Professional and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 23, 2017
A typical day at work includes pushing sales and credit applications towards customers. Management has excellent and thorough training for all new employees. Co workers and management always made me feel comfortable and confident.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Work hours
Hard work, but pays off
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAApril 27, 2017
Commision sales are always challenging but this job definitely gives you all the tools needed in order to suceed. challenging but rewarding career at samuels!
sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 22, 2017
I started working at Samuels knowing nothing about jewelry. I was introduce to the certifying classes and knowledge I learned form my bosses. They were great to work for. I learn so much and grew and interest in the jewelry world. I learned about the business and company.
Pros
Great to learn. Worked with my schedule.
professional environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  sun valley mall, concord, caApril 15, 2017
professional and friendly environment
use to manager the store, sales, handling customer problems,store audit, handled hiring, sales report, cash deposits, etc.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXApril 3, 2017
Samuels was exciting! Helping people pick out their "forever" rings was so personal and exciting! Being apart of something's so intimate and special! Truly amazing.
Fun place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 2, 2017
Be super friendly love to make money and sale sale sale and enjoy working with people and very patient with and mind to set is the key and out going and clam is the way to be and be leader and be a good jeweler and know jewlery
Pros
Alot of learning time
Cons
On feet alot
bad job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 28, 2017
manager is rude, constant criticism, unrealistic goals, no support, called names, none of the employees want to be there, dont get paid fairly, cant ask questions about the managers doings/rules.
Big opportunities.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 9, 2017
There are many opportunities to make money here but they are almost impossible to reach. The company is cheap and there are sometimes problems with management. You have the opportunity to determine your paycheck but most times even your hardest work will not cut it.
Pros
Commission incentives
Fun and exciting workplace with excellent benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I really loved my job with Samuels. My original Store Manager taught me so much about selling and how to run the store and then was promoted to Store Manager only 8 months after I started with the company. It was a fun and exciting place to work with excellent benefits. The other managers in the company were, for the most part, the friendliest and most helpful managers I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job was that we didn't have any formal training for management. Everything I knew I learned from my previous manager and what she didn't or couldn't teach me I had to figure it out on my own.
Pros
excelent benifits, fun exciting place to work
Cons
no formal training, long hours sometimes without a break, HR didn't really care about management concerns