SAMUELS JEWELERS Employee Reviews in United States

Very focused on creating a phenomenal customer experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 13, 2016
Samuels Jewelers is a very friend and family oriented store. Even if you end up not buying anything, you still walk out knowing you've just made a new friend. Everyone is treated as a friend or a family member. There was always something to do. Whether it be assisting a customer with their purchases or restocking products.
Pros
Everyone felt like they were family
Cons
You weren't always able to assist the customer as they wanted you to
All purpose learning experience
SALES CONSULANT (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 9, 2016
Working at Samuels Jewelers was a learning experience for me it gave me more confidences and the strong capability to have a face to face on customer service and being able to trouble shoot at quick response and make sure the customers were taken care of 100%
Pros
Discounts
Cons
may have to work on breaks including lunches
Needs Some Glue
Sales Consultant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 1, 2016
Not sure what's going on within this company. The way business is run between the merchandise and the customers is, for the most part, wonderful. We had access to loose diamonds and custom pieces within a very timely manner. However, the store manager i worked with specifically was incredibly unprofessional and tacky. She brought her baby to the store during business hours, had her husband calling the store looking for her and argue with her during business hours, her and the assistant refused to work closing shifts unless made to by their superiors (which made sales goals much more difficult), she didn't train any of her employees on product knowledge or daily business operations (expected DCA certification and her hourly associates to do that for her i guess...?), they lost a diamond my last week and looked for a total of 30 min before leaving the store to their sales associates, and there is no communication between store management and employees as far as company changes, sales changes, schedule changes, events, ect. We didn't even have a store meeting for the last 9 months of employment. Personally, no one attacked me or hurt my feelings, but the level of unprofessional behavior with no one being held accountable led to the search for a jewelry retail job where the store knows what it's doing and has some type of balance and consistent structure. Rogers Jewelers needs some serious work before i'd recommend anyone with experience or serious goals apply there.
company not good at evaluating people..to much favoritizm in upper managment..no raises..lose alot of good people. .do not recommend
jeweler (Former Employee) –  austin texasSeptember 14, 2015
No communication...with employees and upper management do not recommend working here till that changes..sorry..I worked several years there...was great at first. .went down hill about 5 years ago
Pros
make nice friends from co workers..most hold together
Cons
upper management seems not to care for employees, dont care for employees that are knowledgeable, they keep the lower paid ones, and tske advantage of them
great family type of environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 5, 2015
Made sure all customers were taken care of to the best of our knowledge. pushed for financing.
Catered to employees needs.
Pros
great drive to make customers happy
Cons
merchandising
Alright company to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2015
A normal day is slow, my co workers are amazing, the store manager is amazing. But upper management is terrible. The hardest part about my job is dealing with disgruntled guests (We don't get those a lot). The most enjoyable part of my job is, having a customer walk out happy, and satisfied.
Pros
My co workers, and my store manager
Cons
Pay rate, and lack of advancement opportunities
Unhealthy workplace
Assistant Manager & Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJuly 26, 2015
Unhealthy workplace with poor upper management. The company repeatedly lies to the employees and fosters an unstable work environment. It's a poor place to work and the company's future is uncertain and not hopeful.
poor upper management and compensation
Sales Associate & Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 7, 2015
Very poor business strategy considering very poor store location, absolutely no advertising, difficulty getting new hires so very short on staff
Hard environment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 31, 2014
Unless you really want to get into jewelry and know a lot about it, then this job will not be easy and you will get very very snobby customers. I applied seasonal and the toll it took on me was very stressful, because I don't know very much about jewelry.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
standing for long periods in heels without sitting
salesman
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 15, 2014
sale jewelry
laid back
stand for long periods of time
friendly environment
fun place
MIT (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2014
I improved my sales techniques
product knowledge
experience to work with different people
Pros
fun place
Cons
no breaks
sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 5, 2014
Jewelry Sales, sold diamond, gold, platinum jewelry worked in Mall setting, with assistant manager responsibilities.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 2, 2014
Built and led sales teams. My co-workers were an amazing group of individuals, who came together to make an amazing sales team.
Customer must leave happy
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 28, 2014
Working the floor and learning the history of diamonds, gold & jewelry
Forming a trust worthy bond with each customer
Greeting everyone as they enter the store
Each employee was set to a certain goal each month to made as a team & individual
Pros
people skills
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed the interaction with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 18, 2013
During a typical day at work, I would interact heavily with customers assisting them with their purchase of diamonds and/or other jewelry needs. Inventory and stock was done daily as well as phone calls to currant customers reminding them of inspections and sales. I became a certified diamondtologist throughout my time with this company. although there were some conflict issues that could not be resolved, I thouroughly enjoyed my time with Samuels and would have loved to stay employed if issues would have been worked out.
Pros
being part of an engagement setting
Cons
other employees being unethical
Good place to work with customer interaction
Sales associate and repair (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 23, 2013
I worked many hours and assisted customers with purchases and repairs, and made sure that they were overall satisfied with the company. There was issues with the scheduling, I was closing every day and there was no family time for me.
Pros
good hours
Cons
schedualeing conflicts
I enjoyed working for this company very much. I intend to continue in the field.
Sales Associate Fine Jewelry w/DCA (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 25, 2013
Start of day was setting up jewelry in cases and jewelry count. After all cases were secured and locked then proceeded with daily business meeting and discussing sales figures for the day and sales quotas to meet goals.Good experience on furthering my sales skills,also on credit,selling,closing and selling more effectively. Some assit. manager training and skills. Consistently working on raising sales figures and the betterment of my skill levels rising to meet the task required. I enjoyed all my co-workers and would work there again in the future. I have always liked to sell and I enjoy dealing with people.
Pros
good heath insurance, 401k, life insurance, vacation pay and holiday pay
Cons
short breaks, always on my feet working
Opportunity to grow and expand knowledge
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2013
It is always a unique experience with each and every client. No two are the same.
Pros
team work, ability to create unique pieces of jewelry and capture their most important moments in their life
A fun palce to work as I like talking with the customers and enjoyed making them happy.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 13, 2012
Set up all inventory, meet and greet each customer and full fill their purchases.

Gained a knowledge of diamonds and all gem stones.

My co-workers were fun and enjoyable to work with.

Hard part were the late nights doing end of month inventory.

I loved working with my manager, she was very inspirational and thought me a lot.
Cons
offered no health care
Jewelry Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 15, 2012
Jewelry wasn't good. Felt more like I was trying to squeeze a sale out of every customer.
Pros
na
Cons
na