JOB DESCRIPTION: Research
TITLE: Research Coordinator
POSITION STATUS: Salary (1.0 FTE)
PAY: Based on experience
BENEFITS: This position is eligible for a medical plan, paid time off and sick leave upon completion of a 90-day probationary period. The medical plan for an individual will be provided at no cost. An employer-matched 401(k) plan will also be available after 12 months of employment.
The Research Coordinator’s essential job functions include the collection, management, quality assurance and statistical analysis of clinical, surgical and radiographic data. S/he will be responsible for independently drafting and critiquing study proposals and study protocols. S/he will coordinate the submission of scientific and educational materials for medical conferences, medical journals and other publishers. The Research Coordinator will be directly responsible for managing Institutional Board Review (IRB) approvals for assigned research projects as well as following all HIPAA and human subjects protection guidelines. A semi-flexible work schedule will be required and some travel may be necessary (estimated 1-3 business trips per year).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science or other related field.
- Minimum two years experience in an orthopedic, spine, medical device or similar research environment.
General Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong skills in various computer software including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, medical records systems, PACS/radiographic imaging systems and research databases.
- Knowledge of current Human Subjects protection, HIPAA and the informed consent process.
- Knowledge of IRB submission, approval and renewal processes.
- Knowledge of study protocol development, creation of case report forms and data collection per GCP guidelines.
- Familiarity with patient databases and/or registries.
- Knowledge of basic human anatomy and related terminology.
- Familiarity with radiographic and other medical imaging and ability to identify which key information is useful for specific research projects.
- Ability to interpret physician's notes, reports and orders and relate information as needed for research purposes.
- Assess IRB needs and obtain approval/renewal as needed for assigned projects.
- Ensure all study team members comply with IRB and study protocol requirements for assigned research projects.
- Assist physician investigators with patient evaluations and the informed consent process.
- Oversee the collection and management of clinical, surgical, radiographic and patient-reported outcomes data for assigned projects.
- Implement quality assurance measures for accurate data analysis, interpretation and entry.
- Coordinate meetings with physician investigators and/or study team to maintain consistent communication about study progress and potential obstacles.
- Independently establish appropriate timelines and monitor action items to ensure timely project completion.
- Develop research budgets in conjunction with the Directors.
- Work effectively with the study team to identify and resolve issues that may interfere with study performance.
- Assist in the coordination of multi-center research projects.
- Monitor patient follow-up and initiate patient callbacks as needed for research purposes.
- Actively participate in the grant application process.
Initiative and Dependability:
- Use sound judgment and appropriate concern for the safety and privacy of patients.
- Demonstrate initiative, sound judgment and strong organization skills.
- Independently manage work schedule to best utilize time and skills without direction from others.
- Adheres to a high level of work quality with a minimum need for review or revision.
- Recognize and perform unassigned duties as needed.
- Regularly assist others as need is perceived.
- Demonstrate dependability by meeting employee standards and following attendance and leave policies.
- Work hours necessary to accomplish tasks without prior approval.
- Supervise, give direction, and/or train staff, interns and volunteers as requested by the Directors.
Indeed - 10 months ago