Need a journeyman tech with 5 years plus experience (If you have 10 years plus, we're willing to help with relocation expenses from Portland OR/Oakland CA area).
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION of the Diesel Heavy Duty Truck Technician include:
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul trucks, buses, and all types of diesel engines
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics
- Completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
Duties of the Diesel Technician may include:
- Reads job orders and observes and listens to operating equipment to ensure conformance to specifications or to determine malfunctions.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test-drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Inspects defective equipment and diagnoses malfunctions, using test instruments, such as motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges. Attaches test instruments to equipment and reads dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Changes oil, checks batteries, repairs tires and tubes, and lubricates equipment and machinery.
- Adjusts brakes, aligns wheels, tightens bolts and screws, and reassembles equipment.
- Disassembles and overhauls internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and rear ends.
- Examines and adjusts protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspects and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery, such as pumps and compressors.
- Operates valve-grinding machine to grind and reset valves.
- Reconditions and replaces parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and valves.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Enhances service department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Hiring mechanics at all of our locations:
Whittier, Fontana, Ontario, Hesperia, Carson, San Diego, Las Vegas
For complete listings visit *http://www.trans-west.com/