The San Diego Natural History Museum is seeking an experienced Group Sales and Customer Service Lead. He/she will develop and execute sales plans and operations for Group Sales (tour and non-tour groups) and FIT/Tourism Sales to actively promote the Real Pirates premium exhibition throughout its run. He/she is also part of the Visitor Services team that fields general customer service inquiries and ensures groups, museum members, guests, and employees receive a stellar experience.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Visitor Experience, the Group Sales Lead actively solicits, promotes, and sells group visits and coordinates daily operations of the group sales program. He/she will build group visitation through cultivating relationships and transactions between the institution and public groups/tour operator groups/individual tourism sales programs (FIT) for both special and permanent exhibitions. He/she performs a range of duties including generating and nurturing leads, selling group visits, processing and coordinating all requests for groups, handling all group customer inquiries, producing status reports, and generating sales data. The core focus of this new position is the development of sustained group attendance that meet established revenue goals for the exhibition and annual group visitation goals.
In addition, the Group Sales Lead provides general supervision and guidance to customer service associates in the customer service call center.
This is a temporary, full time position through mid-September 2014, with the potential of becoming a permanent position in Group Sales for future premium exhibitions and general museum group visits.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing group and FIT visits by: responding to incoming group inquiries, actively pursuing new group bookings, processing reservations, confirmations, and payments.
- Meeting and exceeding goals for new and returning groups.
- Assisting in the development and execution of FIT arrangements and coordinating voucher redemptions.
- Communicating with group and FIT representatives to ensure a seamless visit experience.
- Managing a Group Sales contact database (CRM system).
- Composing group sales e-blasts in coordination with the Marketing department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and/or 3+ years of group sales experience/customer service experience.
- Demonstrated success in the development, management, and execution of group sales campaigns preferred.
- A skilled and charismatic professional, possessing excellent communication, organizational, and technological skills to seamlessly implement a customer relationship-focused group sales program.
- Group sales and/or tourism industry experience preferred.
- Experience with visitor management databases, CRM systems, and/or point-of-sales ticketing systems (Blackbaud products a plus).
- Solid analytic and financial skills with strong skills in MS Excel.
- A drive to succeed and proven ability to consistently meet goals.
- Background within a Museum environment is preferred.
- Some holidays and weekend availability will be required.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and comfortable with frequent telephone use.