The Systems Administrator / Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the strategy, architecture, implementation, operation, security, and management for the helpdesk function. This hands-on position is also responsible for the daily management and monitoring of the networks and systems, ensuring a 24x7 uptime with a high availability, and reliability, sufficient bandwidth, all while ensuring that communications, networking, and systems are delivered as economically as feasible.
- Responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, administration and maintenance of VMWare ESXi 4.x in an enterprise environment. Responsible for managing and maintaining company’s communications environment (MITEL VoIP System), VMware (4.0/5.1) environment, and Cisco network environment, which includes firewalls, routers and switches.
- Supports and maintains multi-servers including but not limited to: MS 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL servers, MS IIS servers, corporate antivirus, MS SharePoint Server, HP Blades system and Dell/Compellent SANS.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of the company's infrastructure throughout all company locations.
- Manages and develops upgrades to the company's telephone system and oversees all telephone changes.
- Supports the company training programs on IT initiatives and provides additional support if necessary.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support.
Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner and effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to management team.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Accurately and thoroughly review IT needs and maintains IT departmental budget.
Required Skills and Experience:
7+ years of progressive responsibility in IT positions
5+ years of enterprise level network/system administration
Bachelor of Science in a computing or other applicable technical certification a plus
Experience supporting Windows domains, including Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, and dotnet web applications.
Broad knowledge of Microsoft enterprise server operating systems and applications such as Windows Server 2007-2012, MS SQL Server 2008-2012, and SharePoint 2013.
Experience with Office 365, including Exchange Online.
Knowledge and experience with VMware / HyberV virtualization tools.
Experience in leading and managing IT systems projects.
Reporting and monitoring of technical infrastructure as needed.
General knowledge of networking and Cisco equipment.
Strong communication and writing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Must be both a team and customer service oriented and have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
Indeed - 14 months ago